• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8956 users

Path of Exile - Page 1435

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 14 2018 18:49 GMT
#28681
I think so but assumed (maybe incorrectly) that similar ideas apply. I know ex's never get that high in HC but they probably still trend up and down, no? Regardless with sites like poe.ninja you can see how currency is trending and decide whether or not you want to wait or sell now or whatever. I'd expect inflation to be prominent this league given the incursions, in both SC/HC.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
June 14 2018 18:53 GMT
#28682
Near the end of SC leagues, values of stuff normalizes to Standard league values & exchange rates because some number of people buy up stuff for their standard chars/collections/etc.

Afaik that's simply not a thing in HC leagues as literally nobody on earth gives one single miniscule fuck about perma HC.

So the expected and predictable economic patterns in leagues do not match.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 14 2018 19:07 GMT
#28683
Ohhh that makes sense actually, good call. Interesting stuff. I've been trading less the past league or two but the whole thing is still really fascinating to me, especially since I thought I'd absolutely hate player to player trading and market when I first got into the game.
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
June 14 2018 19:31 GMT
#28684
Does that mean there's arbitrage potential for buying cheap exalts at the end of league HC, then dying to send them to Standard?

Obviously this requires you to both play enough league HC to buy exalts, and care about wealth in Standard, which must be a pretty small overlap.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 14 2018 19:34 GMT
#28685
On June 15 2018 04:31 ASoo wrote:
Does that mean there's arbitrage potential for buying cheap exalts at the end of league HC, then dying to send them to Standard?

Obviously this requires you to both play enough league HC to buy exalts, and care about wealth in Standard, which must be a pretty small overlap.


You wouldn't want to die to dump them to standard. You can sell HC currency for standard currency and get better exchange rates.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
June 14 2018 19:37 GMT
#28686
Most dedicated HC players are quite wealthy on standard simply from unintentionally ripped gear
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-14 20:10:59
June 14 2018 20:07 GMT
#28687
On June 15 2018 04:07 Duka08 wrote:
Ohhh that makes sense actually, good call. Interesting stuff. I've been trading less the past league or two but the whole thing is still really fascinating to me, especially since I thought I'd absolutely hate player to player trading and market when I first got into the game.

If you find this kind of stuff interesting, you should consider a career in finance =D.

The price trend is driven by supply and demand, and is also commonly known in the investment world as price momentum. In this game, it becomes a self reinforcing mechanic where if the price of some currency is trending up, more people selling gear will demand to be paid in that currency, creating more demand pressure, which drives up prices more. Eventually it gets to a unsustainable level and starts to crash, starting a negative selling trend where you can then make profit again with the reverse trade. The problem is you need to become wealthy enough to stock up on exalts when the price starts to go up, to do this without a lot of chaos to begin with wont turn a huge profit.

If you are rich, super high end gear (I'm talking about a handful of listings after you put in all the filters on poe.trade) is worth hoarding at the beginning of the league, they almost always go up in value. Also I found that if you have time to crawl through all the popular guides on the official forums and snatch all the key high end items for those builds, you can also make a lot of currency without ever playing the actual game.

I'm a terrible farmer when it comes to actually playing the game for loot. I geared most of my chars via trading in the Harbinger's league.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-14 20:31:05
June 14 2018 20:26 GMT
#28688
I should rephrase, I'm fascinated by the manifestation of real-world economic phenomena inside video game economies and markets, usually when they're actually big enough that you wash out small number effects, plus PoE has all those in-game ways to convert between different types of currency so that always constrains certain costs (like jewelers and fusings, and the classic "divines are always most expensive than tabulas"). I know enough about it not to be interested in doing it for a living

Yeah I got to the point in 3.1 where I was doing more trading than playing. It's objectively more lucrative most of the time but I'm making a conscious effort not to fall into that trap again and just play, even if progress is slower. Playing some SSF really put some perspective on the game. Plus, slower progress and upgrades just means each one feels that much better lol
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
June 14 2018 21:57 GMT
#28689
PoE's economy is certainly entertaining because there is no common currency. Everything's value is relative to everything else. I'm not even sure how you would define inflation in this game.
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
June 16 2018 23:02 GMT
#28690
I've heard some people hating on the actual temple chunk of Incursion, but something feels faintly dirty about getting a tX+4 temple if you just do 11 incursions on TX and 1 on TX+4. I do kind of wish we actually knew the quantity/rarity Alva gives; though it shouldn't alter the map drops, I feel like I get a ton of maps in the temple (though I do prioritize the + quantity rooms really highly).
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
June 16 2018 23:53 GMT
#28691
Well, some temple rares are grossly overtuned. Like, they are as tanky as map bosses. Also the layout sucks for some builds, too many doors/small rooms.
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
June 17 2018 05:34 GMT
#28692
Currently leveling a Chin Sol Shrapnel Shot trapper. What's the way to go for a clear skill on a character like that (since I get 2 6L)? Are my Shrapnel Shot traps good enough clear? Should I go with traps of a better-clearing bow skill, like Lightning Arrow? Or self-attack Lightning Arrow (which would mean some trap nodes go to waste, but maybe that's ok for a clear skill)? Or Lightning Trap (meaning bow nodes would go to waste)?

I'll probably experiment with a few options at end game, but looking for ideas.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
June 17 2018 12:51 GMT
#28693
I used Blastrain-Traps for clear with that build, worked like a charm on 4L for clear.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 15:08:37
June 18 2018 14:50 GMT
#28694
If alch is 0.24, scr 0.5 and chisel 0.4chaos, then u guys think it would be profitable to 1sextant, chisel, alch t3 burials?

I don't really know where to go ask and I've done only like 80-200 maps in abyss leag when I tried to sustain t10 toxics and back then it definitely was loss.

Currencycop is also down so keepnig track would be pain now.
as useful as teasalt
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 15:21:35
June 18 2018 15:20 GMT
#28695
I don't think there's been any full spectrum tests of alch and go vs. chisel-alch vs. chisel-alch-sextant this league yet. I thought there was one in 3.2 but I can't find the reddit thread for it. Some people did have some success with double sextants + alch and go, no chisels (though considering this person got 6 doctors in 1000 chambers he's preeeeeetty lucky).

If you're going full atlas strats (i.e. burial chambers is your only t3 and there's no t4's on your entire atlas), it's all about the currency returns, and that depends on your own IIQ. Alch sustain should be no problem, but you'll probably need to buy sextants from what I hear. My guess is that chisels are probably less worth it than sextants, but that's purely anecdotal.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
June 18 2018 15:29 GMT
#28696
I have 68 quant and I have to buy alches. I have full setup for burials so I sustain on just alch+go.
as useful as teasalt
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 16:01:17
June 18 2018 15:59 GMT
#28697
On June 19 2018 00:29 Ryndika wrote:
I have 68 quant and I have to buy alches. I have full setup for burials so I sustain on just alch+go.

Hmm I got less quantity and I can sustain alchs and got extra but I pick up more random shit I guess (uniques and some rares if I got room before portaling out).
To be clear I am not farming burial grounds, I alch all the maps I run, be they t1 or t16 and I never run out of alchs and the pile keeps growing.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 18 2018 16:25 GMT
#28698
In my anecdotal experience, I haven't had trouble with alchs, and I've been just alch+go'ing everything between t1-t10 to fill out my atlas and occasionally run a sextant on a map I like. I also pick up uniques to vendor though. No IIQ gear except Bisco's Leash lol
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 16:33:21
June 18 2018 16:30 GMT
#28699
I have yet to play a league where I was low on alchs. Guess some people just don't pick up rares/uniques and sell them. I "only" used a slightly adjusted strict filter from Neversink until I playing only grinding T14-T16 maps though. Now I'm using adjusted very strict. And I haven't played IIQ/IIR builds since spork totem docks farming days.
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
June 18 2018 16:54 GMT
#28700
I've been collecting these new elder affixes where you recover/gain life on hit/kill. I wonder if I could get rid of VP and run no leech mods if I stack enough of these. Are there efficient builds out there that use this mechanic?
Prev 1 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 48m
Patches Events
12h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.