• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7228 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 92

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 698 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 18:15:52
December 21 2011 18:11 GMT
#1821
For those who have played the Mount and Blade games, which of the 3 should I pick up if I were to get only one of them?

On December 22 2011 03:10 emperorchampion wrote:
NWN 2 is a fun game if you're into BioWare RPGs, worth the $5, but you could probably get a better game for that price if you really wanted.

Obsidian, not BioWare.

NWN2 is probably worth it for MotB (the first expansion) alone, but bear in mind that the game meets the expectations for an Obsidian game (well written, but using a poorly-optimized engine, with a few bugs, and generally rough around the edges).
Moderator
ohmkerg
Profile Joined November 2011
United States102 Posts
December 21 2011 18:11 GMT
#1822
this is why pc gaming is better. arkham has been out ONE MONTH and it's already 50% off. console gamers can look forward to buying a used copy at gamestop for 50$+ for a couple more months at least
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
December 21 2011 18:13 GMT
#1823
On December 22 2011 03:09 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 03:08 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Arkham City is the only enticing deal today. At least for me it is. Though if anyone doesn't already own the stalker collection, I would recommend it. Definitely a lot of fun.


STALKER have all been like 4 euros for the whole year already... so the on sale doesn't really make a difference.

Does that have any relevance at all to my recommendation?
Maitolasi
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland441 Posts
December 21 2011 18:15 GMT
#1824
On December 22 2011 03:11 TheYango wrote:
For those who have played the Mount and Blade games, which of the 3 should I pick up if I were to get only one of them?


Warband without a question. I got Warband and Fire&Sword last time it was on sale and I have probably 150 hours in Warband and less than 3 in F&S.
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
December 21 2011 18:16 GMT
#1825
On December 22 2011 03:11 TheYango wrote:
For those who have played the Mount and Blade games, which of the 3 should I pick up if I were to get only one of them?


Warband is teh best out of them, with fire and sword I haven't really played but it was accepted to not be as good as Warband and it had a relatively poor mod community. Warband was really really good though

dont buy the original since warband is a standalone expansion pack for the original (ie it includes everything in the original already)
hihihi
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 18:19:34
December 21 2011 18:17 GMT
#1826
On December 22 2011 03:11 TheYango wrote:
For those who have played the Mount and Blade games, which of the 3 should I pick up if I were to get only one of them?

Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 03:10 emperorchampion wrote:
NWN 2 is a fun game if you're into BioWare RPGs, worth the $5, but you could probably get a better game for that price if you really wanted.

Obsidian, not BioWare.

NWN2 is probably worth it for MotB (the first expansion) alone, but bear in mind that the game meets the expectations for an Obsidian game (well written, but using a poorly-optimized engine, with a few bugs, and generally rough around the edges).

People seem to swear by Warband because of the CRPG mod, and I think it has a pretty good vanilla campaign. Fire and Sword is also good vanilla. I'd also recommend the mount and blade games.

Personally, I've got 111 hours in mount and blade, 220 hours in warband, and 125 hours in fire and sword. They are very addicting games, so be warned.
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
December 21 2011 18:21 GMT
#1827
Meh, I am pretty sure I am already getting AC for the PS3 for Christmas so that is kinda useless. Picked up the Stalker games though.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
December 21 2011 18:27 GMT
#1828
I forgot that its time for the Christmas sales on steam. It's time for me to spend money on games that I will never have the time to play lol
김택용 Fighting!
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 18:30:48
December 21 2011 18:29 GMT
#1829
So, I just joined the steam 2011 holiday group for the gift pile prize. It turned out to be Defence Grid, which is required for the second of today's gift pile prizes.

Like Day[9] would say, DAFLAM.

I gotta say, these Steam holiday deals are pretty funny.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 18:41:04
December 21 2011 18:40 GMT
#1830
On December 22 2011 03:11 TheYango wrote:
For those who have played the Mount and Blade games, which of the 3 should I pick up if I were to get only one of them?

Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 03:10 emperorchampion wrote:
NWN 2 is a fun game if you're into BioWare RPGs, worth the $5, but you could probably get a better game for that price if you really wanted.

Obsidian, not BioWare.

NWN2 is probably worth it for MotB (the first expansion) alone, but bear in mind that the game meets the expectations for an Obsidian game (well written, but using a poorly-optimized engine, with a few bugs, and generally rough around the edges).


Ah, right. Forgot that BioWare only made NWN 1. I just kind of associate D&D games with BioWare ever since BG2 :p

And I guess that "genre" of RPG in general (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, ect.)
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
December 21 2011 18:44 GMT
#1831
On December 22 2011 03:11 ohmkerg wrote:
this is why pc gaming is better. arkham has been out ONE MONTH and it's already 50% off. console gamers can look forward to buying a used copy at gamestop for 50$+ for a couple more months at least


Yeah I picked it up too cause I was shocked it went to 50% already and I loved the 1st batman game. I was going to hold out for 360 version when it became cheaper, but that takes months and it'll only go down to $29.99 cdn anyways and $19.99 if lucky after many more months. $25 US is a great price for this game a month after release! I normally only buy $5-$10 games on steam cause I have a huge backlog, but batman is the exception!
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 21 2011 18:52 GMT
#1832
On December 22 2011 03:13 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 03:09 solidbebe wrote:
On December 22 2011 03:08 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Arkham City is the only enticing deal today. At least for me it is. Though if anyone doesn't already own the stalker collection, I would recommend it. Definitely a lot of fun.


STALKER have all been like 4 euros for the whole year already... so the on sale doesn't really make a difference.

Does that have any relevance at all to my recommendation?


Sorry I misread/misunderstood you.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Ho0ps
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United Kingdom216 Posts
December 21 2011 20:01 GMT
#1833
Another 33% Off Valve Complete.

But I already have all your games
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 20:13:31
December 21 2011 20:10 GMT
#1834
On December 22 2011 00:30 Sqalevon wrote:
You get to pick your own game, but it is limited to a certain number of games.

Are you sure about this? I remember seeing some threads on the Steam forums with someone pissed that they crafted their 7 coals into a 25% off Warner Bros. coupon.

Seems like that wouldn't happen if you get to choose your gift.

Anyway, pretty irked that all I've gotten so far is coupons and coal.
Moderator
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-21 20:14:11
December 21 2011 20:12 GMT
#1835
Of course you don't get to pick your own game when you craft a present with coal.

Oh, and definitely get Warband, Yango.
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
December 21 2011 20:38 GMT
#1836
Might be a stupid question but I'm gunna ask anyways.

If I have Mount and Blade bought from a store, could I buy Warband off steam and have it magically work itself to function as the expansion or am I required to have the original purchased via steam as well?
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
December 21 2011 20:39 GMT
#1837
Warband and With Fire and Sword are both stand-alone expansions.
ohmkerg
Profile Joined November 2011
United States102 Posts
December 21 2011 20:39 GMT
#1838
On December 22 2011 05:38 Phenny wrote:
Might be a stupid question but I'm gunna ask anyways.

If I have Mount and Blade bought from a store, could I buy Warband off steam and have it magically work itself to function as the expansion or am I required to have the original purchased via steam as well?


you should be able to use the key from mount and blade you bought from the store and activate it on steam so that you have M&B on your steam games list
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
December 21 2011 20:44 GMT
#1839
Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum for 5 Dollars. Better jump on that.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
December 21 2011 20:56 GMT
#1840
On December 22 2011 05:39 ohmkerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 05:38 Phenny wrote:
Might be a stupid question but I'm gunna ask anyways.

If I have Mount and Blade bought from a store, could I buy Warband off steam and have it magically work itself to function as the expansion or am I required to have the original purchased via steam as well?


you should be able to use the key from mount and blade you bought from the store and activate it on steam so that you have M&B on your steam games list


Ah my key is in the wrong format for steam
Thanks for the info though, I didn't know about adding store bought games to steam.
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 276
Nina 133
SpeCial 63
ViBE63
Nathanias 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12315
Artosis 475
NaDa 32
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever268
febbydoto25
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox515
Mew2King83
Other Games
summit1g6188
Grubby2898
Liquid`RaSZi1786
shahzam618
WinterStarcraft428
C9.Mang0292
JimRising 237
Trikslyr22
JuggernautJason2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 15m
INu's Battles
12h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 15m
OSC
23h 30m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.