• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8703 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 694

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 692 693 694 695 696 698 Next
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
July 05 2018 11:58 GMT
#13861
I think DOS 2 is a better game because the companions and story are much more enjoyable imo, also and thats a personal thing perhaps but I feel like the DOS2 combat is swifter and more fluid which I liked. It was mostly the characters though, the companions actually had personal interesting stories and quests that I liked a lot more, I also think the gear (although the magic armour/physical armour is mwah) system and the leveling up system were much better with the divison in certain abilities (e.g civil abilities got something seperate).

that being said DOS1 is an excellent game and DOS2 might be quite pricey for now, for 12 bucks DOS1 is definitely worth it, you could just buy and play that and later on when DOS2 gets lower buy that.
WriterXiao8~~
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
July 05 2018 15:13 GMT
#13862
On July 05 2018 16:08 Silvanel wrote:
Thanks Guys i ended up buying X/X-2 remastered edition. I hope its not bad start. Based on Sm.ZIk comments and steam reviews.


I ended up cheating to skip combat after a while when I played it. Really liked the settings, story and characters though. Good game that takes too long to complete due to generic mob fights.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 05 2018 15:25 GMT
#13863
I think I played it 15 years ago and it wasn't the generic mob fights that annoyed me. It was the 5-10 minute unskippable cutscene into boss fights that had a gotcha mechanic. There was one I messed up twice that I just cringed about.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
July 05 2018 15:36 GMT
#13864
The FFX remaster on PC lets you set half / no encounter and speed up the game if the encounters bother you too much. It doesn't work for the cut scenes though.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 05 2018 15:47 GMT
#13865
last minute purchase of metro 2033 and last light
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-05 15:51:14
July 05 2018 15:50 GMT
#13866
On July 06 2018 00:36 CobaltBlu wrote:
The FFX remaster on PC lets you set half / no encounter and speed up the game if the encounters bother you too much. It doesn't work for the cut scenes though.


That sounds pretty good. I've replayed FFX twice since my first full playthrough and it's one of my favorite games (FF6,7&9 are still better tho). Some of the cutscenes are way too long. Speeding up the game in any way, be it less mob fights or faster fights should be a nice touch.

It's an easy game so it should be a good start to the FF saga.
Revolutionist fan
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-05 17:28:01
July 05 2018 17:21 GMT
#13867
I will admit my shame that I completed FFX-2. I was a young boy and was distracted by the plot. It really wasn't that bad. The story was pretty werid and most of the good stuff was in side quests and following other peoples stories through the main story as the entire map is unlocked from the beginning.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
July 05 2018 19:55 GMT
#13868
Why shame?
Pathetic Greta hater.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
July 05 2018 23:00 GMT
#13869
On July 06 2018 04:55 Silvanel wrote:
Why shame?


On July 06 2018 02:21 Sermokala wrote:
I was a young boy and was distracted by the plot.


I don't think the plot was actually his main distraction.

I can think of a couple other things that drew my attn when I briefly played that game...
I can take that responsibility.
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
July 13 2018 15:31 GMT
#13870
On July 05 2018 14:21 Sermokala wrote:
FF 9 is the one I'd say to stay away from until you've played a few FF's.


Why would you say so?

My preference order is 7 >= 9 > 8 >> 10 (I only played those four). What put the 10 that much behind is the gameplay system that really did not grow on me, and that is still my main criteria for a game. The story and everything else was still really nice though.
Mercy13
Profile Joined January 2011
United States718 Posts
July 24 2018 02:40 GMT
#13871
So I bought Homeworld Collection: Remastered based upon the recommendations here and unfortunately I'm pretty disappointed... maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I've read a few guides and played about 6 hours, and mostly I've found it more annoying than fun. I don't like having to wait around afk after each mission to collect all the resources, and based on the videos I've watched the only real tactic is to keep your salvage corvettes alive so they can swoop in and capture all the enemy capital ships which for me is much less satisfying then blowing shit up. Most of my RTS experience is from SC2, so it could be that it ruined slower paced RTS games for me.

Anyone have suggestions about how I can have more fun with this game? I'm close to uninstalling.
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
July 24 2018 09:06 GMT
#13872
On July 24 2018 11:40 Mercy13 wrote:
So I bought Homeworld Collection: Remastered based upon the recommendations here and unfortunately I'm pretty disappointed... maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I've read a few guides and played about 6 hours, and mostly I've found it more annoying than fun. I don't like having to wait around afk after each mission to collect all the resources, and based on the videos I've watched the only real tactic is to keep your salvage corvettes alive so they can swoop in and capture all the enemy capital ships which for me is much less satisfying then blowing shit up. Most of my RTS experience is from SC2, so it could be that it ruined slower paced RTS games for me.

Anyone have suggestions about how I can have more fun with this game? I'm close to uninstalling.


Strongly recommend you don't powergame or try and do things optimally. The game is easy enough that there's no need to collect scrap or salvage anything. IIRC it even adjusts difficulty based on your current fleet.

Just enjoy the atmospheric ride, build stuff that seems cool, take your time blowing things up, and drink in that Dune-esque ambience. There isn't really another game like it.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
Mercy13
Profile Joined January 2011
United States718 Posts
July 24 2018 12:15 GMT
#13873
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give it another shot
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
July 24 2018 12:34 GMT
#13874
Shadow Tactics is FAN TAS TIC
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
July 25 2018 15:13 GMT
#13875
On July 24 2018 11:40 Mercy13 wrote:
So I bought Homeworld Collection: Remastered based upon the recommendations here and unfortunately I'm pretty disappointed... maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I've read a few guides and played about 6 hours, and mostly I've found it more annoying than fun. I don't like having to wait around afk after each mission to collect all the resources, and based on the videos I've watched the only real tactic is to keep your salvage corvettes alive so they can swoop in and capture all the enemy capital ships which for me is much less satisfying then blowing shit up. Most of my RTS experience is from SC2, so it could be that it ruined slower paced RTS games for me.

Anyone have suggestions about how I can have more fun with this game? I'm close to uninstalling.


I actually recommend playing without using salvage corvettes at all; they're totally broken in the vanilla game. Also, I thought the remastered version gave a button to gather remaining resources (or am I thinking of Homeworld 2?). In any event, as stated above, Homeworld is better if you don't powergame, especially because enemy difficulty scales to your fleet, so it's not really necessary (or even helpful) in the first place.

FWIW Homeworld 2 and especially Deserts of Kharak are more balanced than the original game, which is cooler on account of both story and certain complexities of control (strike craft vs. strike craft battles can be microed very intensely if you have the APM for it.)
Mercy13
Profile Joined January 2011
United States718 Posts
July 25 2018 15:16 GMT
#13876
Thanks for the suggestions.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
July 26 2018 23:24 GMT
#13877
Guns of Icarus Alliance is free on Humble Bundle for another 1 day and 17 hours as of this post.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
July 27 2018 00:15 GMT
#13878
thanks miragee, got it now
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 27 2018 02:13 GMT
#13879
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/24/the-last-remnant-removal-in-september/

In kind of a werid test for the thread The last remnant is being delisted from steam in about a week. I don't know why but its a pretty uniquely deep RPG from Square enix that has its own place in the RPG world. Not the best PC port but a pretty good game if you can put the hours into it.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
August 31 2018 07:42 GMT
#13880
Warhammer 40000 at humblebundle.
Free for a newsletter registration.
passive quaranstream fan
Prev 1 692 693 694 695 696 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 454
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7875
qojqva1768
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m2923
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1499
crisheroes998
Liquid`Hasu548
Lowko463
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1263
Beastyqt504
Hui .219
Livibee213
Mlord154
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe110
ArmadaUGS104
elazer83
Mew2King81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• poizon28 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• mYiSmile111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8826
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
FEL
48m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 48m
INu's Battles
20h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.