• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7614 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 693

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 691 692 693 694 695 698 Next
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
June 22 2018 19:23 GMT
#13841
I'm thinking of getting D:OS 2 but it's only at a 20% discount. I think I have enough games to tide me over until Thanksgiving sale. The other games I was thinking of getting on this sale (Trails of Cold Steel 1-2) are on pretty small discounts as well. I'll just wait for the sale closer to when I'll finally have time to play.

I'm not that bad on money but cheapness is a way of life.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
June 22 2018 20:12 GMT
#13842
D:OS 2 is the better game but D:OS 1 is good too. I think 2 is going to get an 'enhanced' edition soon that should improve the game quite a bit.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 22 2018 21:01 GMT
#13843
The Long Dark was pretty heavily discounted and I've heard really good things about it. Ended up grabbing that, Dark Souls 2, and Undertale for $20.
Logo
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
June 22 2018 21:13 GMT
#13844
Any opinions on Nioh at 30$? I'm interested in the game but I'm not sure about the quality.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 22 2018 21:30 GMT
#13845
On June 23 2018 06:13 CobaltBlu wrote:
Any opinions on Nioh at 30$? I'm interested in the game but I'm not sure about the quality.

Same as Dark Souls as far as I know. Good game but mediocre PC port.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
June 22 2018 21:48 GMT
#13846
On June 23 2018 05:12 CobaltBlu wrote:
D:OS 2 is the better game but D:OS 1 is good too. I think 2 is going to get an 'enhanced' edition soon that should improve the game quite a bit.


Ya. I haven't been following that closely but I heard it's getting a revamp of the not so good final chapter of the game for its console release. The changes should make their way to the PC, I think. Another reason to wait for Thanksgiving sale, I suppose.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
June 23 2018 14:38 GMT
#13847
Whatever else you were doing with your life, go get Homeworld. All three games. They're crazy cheap right now: 8.74 USD for Remastered Collection, 15.92 USD to get Remastered+Deserts of Kharak.

Homeworld 1 Remastered in particular is one of the finest games I've ever played. Challenging at times, but always fair. Treats the player like they've got a brain. Fully 3D micromanagement in an RTS. One of the most gut-punching (yet minimalist) campaign stories out there. A truly unique experience.

The remaster solves the handful of problems I had with the original release. My only real problem with Homeworld is that they stopped making the games :-(

---

Total War Warhammer is pretty good now, (better by far imho than any historical title except *maybe* Shogun 2). 2 is more fully featured than 1, and a few of the DLCs are really great (they basically get better over time, but there's personal preference in that. Still, the game is a bit of a cash sink... They roll out DLC pretty regularly, with the benefit that the DLCs usually benefit non-owners as well. It's a lot like the Crusader Kings model, where new factions get added to the map for everybody, but only playable by DLC owners. Benefit of a surprisingly large multiplayer scene. Also just a visually beautiful game.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 23 2018 14:58 GMT
#13848
I can also recommend Homeworld, it is a great series of games.

It hurts my soul that Homeworld: Cataclysm has somehow been lost to the ages, it was my favorite game of the series. I think I still have my CD o it but getting it to run on modern machines is a brutal challenge in itself.
I can take that responsibility.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-23 17:05:46
June 23 2018 17:05 GMT
#13849
On June 23 2018 23:58 Tictock wrote:
I can also recommend Homeworld, it is a great series of games.

It hurts my soul that Homeworld: Cataclysm has somehow been lost to the ages, it was my favorite game of the series. I think I still have my CD o it but getting it to run on modern machines is a brutal challenge in itself.


https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence (renamed due to Blizzard copyrighting cataclysm between release and re-release)
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
June 23 2018 18:55 GMT
#13850
On June 23 2018 23:38 Yoav wrote:
Whatever else you were doing with your life, go get Homeworld. All three games. They're crazy cheap right now: 8.74 USD for Remastered Collection, 15.92 USD to get Remastered+Deserts of Kharak.

Homeworld 1 Remastered in particular is one of the finest games I've ever played. Challenging at times, but always fair. Treats the player like they've got a brain. Fully 3D micromanagement in an RTS. One of the most gut-punching (yet minimalist) campaign stories out there. A truly unique experience.

The remaster solves the handful of problems I had with the original release. My only real problem with Homeworld is that they stopped making the games :-(

---

Total War Warhammer is pretty good now, (better by far imho than any historical title except *maybe* Shogun 2). 2 is more fully featured than 1, and a few of the DLCs are really great (they basically get better over time, but there's personal preference in that. Still, the game is a bit of a cash sink... They roll out DLC pretty regularly, with the benefit that the DLCs usually benefit non-owners as well. It's a lot like the Crusader Kings model, where new factions get added to the map for everybody, but only playable by DLC owners. Benefit of a surprisingly large multiplayer scene. Also just a visually beautiful game.


I've actually gone back to playing Homeworld classic. Its not only because my laptop has no graphics card, the formations and gameplay are actually slightly better imo.

Either way, I will join your call for people to get the game. Its the best RTS campaign I have ever played, and I can't imagine a better one ever coming out.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 25 2018 17:11 GMT
#13851
On June 24 2018 02:05 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2018 23:58 Tictock wrote:
I can also recommend Homeworld, it is a great series of games.

It hurts my soul that Homeworld: Cataclysm has somehow been lost to the ages, it was my favorite game of the series. I think I still have my CD o it but getting it to run on modern machines is a brutal challenge in itself.


https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence (renamed due to Blizzard copyrighting cataclysm between release and re-release)


The convolutedness of copyright laws never ceases to amaze me. Copyrighting the use of a specific word like this just seems obtuse. I get that these copyrights run out after awhile, but how in the hell can people be allowed to have sole ownership of a word? Seems like there would be a point where nobody could ever make a new product without making up a new bullshit word to name it.
I can take that responsibility.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 25 2018 17:27 GMT
#13852
On June 26 2018 02:11 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2018 02:05 Yurie wrote:
On June 23 2018 23:58 Tictock wrote:
I can also recommend Homeworld, it is a great series of games.

It hurts my soul that Homeworld: Cataclysm has somehow been lost to the ages, it was my favorite game of the series. I think I still have my CD o it but getting it to run on modern machines is a brutal challenge in itself.


https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence (renamed due to Blizzard copyrighting cataclysm between release and re-release)


The convolutedness of copyright laws never ceases to amaze me. Copyrighting the use of a specific word like this just seems obtuse. I get that these copyrights run out after awhile, but how in the hell can people be allowed to have sole ownership of a word? Seems like there would be a point where nobody could ever make a new product without making up a new bullshit word to name it.

You can't, but most companies don't want to use the resources to fight it.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 25 2018 17:31 GMT
#13853
On June 26 2018 02:27 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2018 02:11 Tictock wrote:
On June 24 2018 02:05 Yurie wrote:
On June 23 2018 23:58 Tictock wrote:
I can also recommend Homeworld, it is a great series of games.

It hurts my soul that Homeworld: Cataclysm has somehow been lost to the ages, it was my favorite game of the series. I think I still have my CD o it but getting it to run on modern machines is a brutal challenge in itself.


https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence (renamed due to Blizzard copyrighting cataclysm between release and re-release)


The convolutedness of copyright laws never ceases to amaze me. Copyrighting the use of a specific word like this just seems obtuse. I get that these copyrights run out after awhile, but how in the hell can people be allowed to have sole ownership of a word? Seems like there would be a point where nobody could ever make a new product without making up a new bullshit word to name it.

You can't, but most companies don't want to use the resources to fight it.

Yes. It is easier to change the name than it is to risk a fight with Blizzard about the name. And Blizzard might not fight at all if they don’t believe the name is somehow eroding IP rights.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
July 04 2018 19:51 GMT
#13854
So i saw a lot of Final Fantasy games on steam sale. Which one of the more modern games would You guys recommend from Final Fantasy franchise?
Pathetic Greta hater.
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
July 04 2018 20:27 GMT
#13855
On July 05 2018 04:51 Silvanel wrote:
So i saw a lot of Final Fantasy games on steam sale. Which one of the more modern games would You guys recommend from Final Fantasy franchise?


Its not really modern.. but not insanely old school either, id suggest Final Fantasy X. Very good for a newcomer, I think.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-04 20:40:52
July 04 2018 20:37 GMT
#13856
On July 05 2018 04:51 Silvanel wrote:
So i saw a lot of Final Fantasy games on steam sale. Which one of the more modern games would You guys recommend from Final Fantasy franchise?

Depends what modern means to you. Some people might consider 7+ modern (when the series switched to the PS1). Some people might think modern is when they introduced actual voice actors (10+). Some people might say modern would just be the ones released on PS4, etc

Honestly I'd recommend anyone that enjoys a good JRPG to play 6-10 at some point in their lives. There's some good ones pre 6 as well but they aren't the best place to start imo. If you want to play one of the new ones I'd try out 15 tbh.

The most popular FF game of all time is probably 7. Lots of people will say it's overrated (it is to an extent) and tell you 6 is the best. Both are awesome to be completely honest.
Administrator
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-04 23:36:54
July 04 2018 23:33 GMT
#13857
//forget about what I said...

Regarding D:OS 1 vs 2: I actually think part 1 has superior combat, which makes it the better game of the two in my book because the combat is actually the most fun part of the game. Both games are great coorp games though. Get a friend to play it with and you shouldn't skip either.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
July 05 2018 05:21 GMT
#13858
FF 9 is the one I'd say to stay away from until you've played a few FF's.

I personally will fight anyone who says FF 12 is a bad game I love it and would put it in the highest teir of square games. FF 11 and 14 are the MMO ones. The FF 13 trilogy is very controversial and for pretty good reason. the first one is basically a 60 hour or so tutorial on the game mechanics before throwing you into a beautiful and windy world of the wilds. I can say this because the game gives you an option to skip that first part and go straight into the wilds on your next playthrough. Its such an incredibly linear experience that I think it broke a lot of people. I own but I've never gotten through to the other two.

FF 15 has a lot of KOTOR 2 aspects to it. Its the result of 7 years of dev hell and has a story that would make a Literature professor say "wait what?" but at the end of the day it brings a smile to your face and I dare you to not enjoy the experience of the most epic road trip imaginable. It has some truly cinematic experiences that I would argue surpasses anything in the RPG sphere and is on the level of the better cod campaigns. It also has some baffling things about it like the in game sponsorship and the story.

What doesn't change about any of the FF's is that they all require a certain measure of patience and you shouldn't expect that to change.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
July 05 2018 06:20 GMT
#13859
On July 05 2018 14:21 Sermokala wrote:

The FF 13 trilogy is very controversial and for pretty good reason. the first one is basically a 60 hour or so tutorial on the game mechanics before throwing you into a beautiful and windy world of the wilds. I can say this because the game gives you an option to skip that first part and go straight into the wilds on your next playthrough. Its such an incredibly linear experience that I think it broke a lot of people. I own but I've never gotten through to the other two.



This exactly. This game was such a letdown for so many reasons. The only good about it was the graphic.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-05 07:41:22
July 05 2018 07:08 GMT
#13860
Thanks Guys i ended up buying X/X-2 remastered edition. I hope its not bad start. Based on Sm.ZIk comments and steam reviews.
Pathetic Greta hater.
Prev 1 691 692 693 694 695 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 61
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30594
Bisu 2607
Shuttle 1684
Hyuk 1032
EffOrt 803
Mini 763
Larva 404
Soma 382
firebathero 230
ZerO 230
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 59
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Mong 42
PianO 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
ToSsGirL 30
Killer 26
zelot 17
Rock 15
JulyZerg 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1648
Dendi951
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt648
Mlord366
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee182
Liquid`VortiX162
KnowMe115
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King77
Trikslyr18
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 68
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
4m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 4m
INu's Battles
20h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.