• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:19
CEST 05:19
KST 12:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6886 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 72

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 179 Next
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 12:02:57
March 09 2012 12:00 GMT
#1421
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
March 09 2012 12:02 GMT
#1422
This game is pretty good, i've finished it this night.
ME2 is a 10/10 for me, so ME3 automatically has to compare with the previous game and what makes ME3 inferior is the quite dissappointing graphics, some really awkward dialogues or reactions towards the Shepard character, shorter playtime and the unworthy ending. I'd give it a 8/10. Also i'm really mad that my ME1&ME2 Savegame didn't work and after a lot of research i unfortunatelly had no other choice than creating a new character.

What has improved compared to ME2 is the more fun skilling of your own character and some battles had some real drama and the Banshee Opponents had some really sick sounds!
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
March 09 2012 12:12 GMT
#1423
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 12:21:38
March 09 2012 12:21 GMT
#1424
On March 09 2012 21:12 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.



prequels baby
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
March 09 2012 12:32 GMT
#1425
On March 09 2012 21:21 Snotling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 21:12 Disengaged wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.



prequels baby

That would be incredibly limited and boring stuff. Earthborn and ruthless, pretty interesting.... ZOMFG I PLAYED COLONIST WAR HERO, WHAT IS THIS MESS!!!!
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
March 09 2012 12:37 GMT
#1426
On March 09 2012 21:32 TigerKarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 21:21 Snotling wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:12 Disengaged wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.



prequels baby

That would be incredibly limited and boring stuff. Earthborn and ruthless, pretty interesting.... ZOMFG I PLAYED COLONIST WAR HERO, WHAT IS THIS MESS!!!!

Personally, I think it could be really awesome. Could cover the first contact war with the turians, fights with the batarians... the ME universe is fantastic, and in my opinion, there's really no need for it to be overly epic, it just needs to stick to what makes it so awesome, the depth of the races and characters etc.
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
March 09 2012 12:39 GMT
#1427
On March 09 2012 21:37 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 21:32 TigerKarl wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:21 Snotling wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:12 Disengaged wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.



prequels baby

That would be incredibly limited and boring stuff. Earthborn and ruthless, pretty interesting.... ZOMFG I PLAYED COLONIST WAR HERO, WHAT IS THIS MESS!!!!

Personally, I think it could be really awesome. Could cover the first contact war with the turians, fights with the batarians... the ME universe is fantastic, and in my opinion, there's really no need for it to be overly epic, it just needs to stick to what makes it so awesome, the depth of the races and characters etc.

Oh right, that's of course a possibility, i guess i was misinterpreting the suggestet prequels to be prequels to the Shepard character.
Sure, no doubt there will be a MMO game in approximately 5 years or so, great universe, storylines, characters.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 14:51:29
March 09 2012 13:04 GMT
#1428
well, maybe an empire at war like rts would work really well in the setting
BarneyEX
Profile Joined March 2009
Malaysia98 Posts
March 09 2012 13:27 GMT
#1429
I finished my second playthrough, after the ending
+ Show Spoiler +
If you have enough war assets, you get a scene were they hint shepard doesn't die by showing a man in n7 armor breathing.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 09 2012 13:31 GMT
#1430
I spoiled the ending for myself (still don't own the game T_T) but it seems like a HUGE letdown.

I'm still going to play it though, because I set out to play ME1 when I first got it. I loved that game to death, and I got 2 the first day it came out. I loved 2 to death, and I'm going to go out and play ME3 because I love that series!
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
March 09 2012 13:35 GMT
#1431
Since it was finally released in the UK today I'm going out of mind waiting for it to arrive. Never used Amazon's guarenteed release day thing before so I have no idea what sort of time to expect but the idea that something will go wrong and I'll have to wait even longer is killing me. I sound so spoiled/entitled I know but I really want it so I can read through the comments people have been spoilering. On that note also, thank you everyone for being so considerate of others btw.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
March 09 2012 14:29 GMT
#1432
On March 09 2012 22:27 BarneyEX wrote:
I finished my second playthrough, after the ending
+ Show Spoiler +
If you have enough war assets, you get a scene were they hint shepard doesn't die by showing a man in n7 armor breathing.



This is only if you pick the red light ending. It does not happen with green or blue light endings.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 14:34:35
March 09 2012 14:33 GMT
#1433
I for one loved the ending. I think its good that they didn't do a fairy tale ending at least, where everything works out happily. Its still a mystery; you can use your imagination to fill in the blanks. Something significant needed to happen, not just "reapers defeated", and I'm really happy that it did. It made for a great, thought provoking ending.

Its just that you have to play the game "right" to get the "good" endings. And unfortunately a lot of people probably didn't, so they got stuck with the crap ones. On one hand I like rewarding the players who play the game more thoroughly and put more effort into preparing for the final attack, but on the other hand the lack of certain endings seems nonsensical regardless of fleet preparedness.

Going to look into some other endings now...but overall fantastic game. The climax was great, weapons/combat excellent, humor is great as always as well as character interaction in general. It just feels more real.

Edit: Also amazing music :D
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
March 09 2012 15:31 GMT
#1434
best scene:

+ Show Spoiler +
drunk ahsley crawled up on the ground in starport observation
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 09 2012 16:24 GMT
#1435
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm hoping that Bioware secretly snuck in an ending with everything we're hoping for where Shepperd lives with the girl/guy you love, make lots of babies, and everyone in the world is happy, as a super secret easter egg. I also hope I'm the first one to discover this.
Moderator
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 09 2012 16:44 GMT
#1436
On March 10 2012 00:31 Snotling wrote:
best scene:

+ Show Spoiler +
drunk ahsley crawled up on the ground in starport observation


Damit. I killed Ashley in ME1 because she was useless, and now I'm stuck with Kaiden, whom I hate. That would have been infinitely better.

Well, time to boot up ME1.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 16:51:20
March 09 2012 16:50 GMT
#1437
Multiplayer is pretty cool so far. Love my salarian Engineer and my Quarian infiltrator the most I think. Hopefully I'll have some time to actually finish the game so I can get to this "terrible" ending:D
Go big, or go home!
UdderChaos
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom707 Posts
March 09 2012 17:33 GMT
#1438
For those of you who have completed it ad have the DLC is it worth the extra 5 quid? gonna play multi player until i decide where its worth it.
Nunquam iens addo vos sursum
Inquisitor
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada253 Posts
March 09 2012 17:39 GMT
#1439
In my opinion it wasnt. I havent beaten the game so maybe it is by the end. But the mission you get is around 20min and thats it. It had a bit of interesting content but beyond that you get a 20min mission, a character and a gun. If i hadnt have gotten the CE, it would have felt like a total waste of money.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 19:00:03
March 09 2012 18:47 GMT
#1440
On March 09 2012 21:21 Snotling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 21:12 Disengaged wrote:
On March 09 2012 21:00 heishe wrote:
Just finished it. Not sure what to think about the ending. It created some more questions instead of answering everything, and after looking at youtube for the other endings I'm kind of wondering how all of our decisions during the three games factor into them.

I'm pretty disappointed that + Show Spoiler +
there is no true epilogue. What happened to all the others?


What's funny is that thing that comes after the credits. + Show Spoiler +
I wonder how far that is into the future. Also it's obvious that Bioware won't abandon the Mass Effect franchise, so it'll be interesting to see what they're going to do with it in the future other than DLC for Multiplayer and some single player ME3 stories. A Prothean prequel perhaps? Something further into the future? Or is it all spin-offs from now and there will be no Mass Effect 4 or an entirely new trilogy? Will be interesting to see.


Bioware has already said that ME3 was the end of Sheperds story.

So without a doubt that there is more Mass Effect to come.



prequels baby

the problem with something like that is you're limited to basically only able to tell about other things in the universe not the reapers but things like the first contact wars etc. I don't think they would retell the reaper invasion for the same cycle, and games without being able to play human as your main character is always iffy so you can't do proethian you could do post me3 but then there would be no reapers at best you can try to give some further insight into what made the catalyst etc. They can till pull more out of this franchise but it can't be too much about the reapers anymore just more like telling things we only read about in mail and history etc. In other words it be hard to keep a similar game format and tell a new story.

On March 10 2012 01:24 Firebolt145 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm hoping that Bioware secretly snuck in an ending with everything we're hoping for where Shepperd lives with the girl/guy you love, make lots of babies, and everyone in the world is happy, as a super secret easter egg. I also hope I'm the first one to discover this.

+ Show Spoiler +
That would be just as bad...If anything the green ending isn't too bad there is some consistency with that being acceptable for the originator of the reapers to have somewhat built in.I'm wonder if that post credits scene still plays if you do the worst ending possible, kill yourself kill the reapers, earth mass relays anything near the mass relays essentially destroy the galaxy lol
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2256
Bale 20
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 373
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7715
JimRising 694
Day[9].tv503
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE185
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick130
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick978
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv503
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 41m
Stellar Fest
9h 41m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.