• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:26
CEST 03:26
KST 10:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8037 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 70

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 179 Next
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 21:50:15
March 08 2012 21:31 GMT
#1381
On March 09 2012 06:17 ZeaL. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 06:10 rezoacken wrote:
On March 09 2012 04:35 ragnorr wrote:
On March 09 2012 04:33 blade55555 wrote:
On March 09 2012 02:16 RetroAspect wrote:
Sigh, it's almost as bad as i expected.. what's the worst thing is that not a single official reviewer has got the balls to says this and reflect this on the score... Look at metacritic.. Average review score is 92/100 and average user score is 3.2/10!! Biased much? It's a fucking disgrace imo to fuck up the final part of what could have been a legendary trilogy... /sad


The user score isn't based on gameplay. It's people who are mad at having to buy collectors adition for day 1 downloadable content or buy it separately. Nothing to do with the game.

I liked it, but the ending was really lame ^^.

Some might also be doing it after they completed the game. I really was disapointed after the endings even tho it was a fairly good game(Amazing you can fuck your ending up this bad tho)


It's still a very low average, it doesn't mean it really deserves a 3/10 but it clearly means this is not a great game to be remembered. To 6 or 7 for ME3 is about right but critics giving it 90+ make my heart sad.


I can guarantee you that the 3 score is purely because of people pissed about day 1 dlc or Origin and haven't even touched the game. I mean modern warfare 3 for x360 has a goddamn average 3.2 on metacritic, does anyone here think MW3 should be in the same leage as ME3?

Just check those rating, half of them are pretty much when the ending leaked or did everyone complete the game on the day of release? which is when meta critic allows you to rate the game. no body there played the game they are just rating about dlc origin or some other crap. People who actually bought and were playing the game don't have time for that shit, Haters gonna hate.

User scores is just a trolling station
RustyShackle
Mar 6, 2012
0
The homosexual views of this game are very offensive to my Christian beliefs, I think Bioware should be much more aware of how many of their fans are Christians.

Just off PC if you actually thought user scores mean anything you would never buy any of these games
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-black-ops
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/assassins-creed-ii
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/rage
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/spore
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-settlers-7-paths-to-a-kingdom
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lego-star-wars
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fable-iii
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/grand-theft-auto-iv
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/far-cry-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/neverwinter-nights-2
users scores have always been shit on every site, people just troll and don't write reviews they write a gut reaction to playing half an hour with a game or not playing the game at all. A good review sees the game as a hole, date it's released, cost, and the overall game play from start to finish, no game should ever get a 0 unless it's flat out unplayable, yet me3 has 250 scores that are 0's

Haters gonna hate, really gta4 is a medicore game?
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 23:09:30
March 08 2012 21:37 GMT
#1382
First reaction to getting back in the Normandy: WTF HAPPENED TO MY FISH!

Edit: I just met Kelly and got my fish back! Thanks Kelly I love you!!! Would ditch Liara for her in a sec just cause she faithfully fed my fish all this time. I'm pretty touched.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
March 08 2012 21:52 GMT
#1383
--- Nuked ---
ThaTiger
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark55 Posts
March 08 2012 21:58 GMT
#1384
Yea this ending more or less ruined all mass effect games for me :S
i have play like 50+ hours to complete all games and they give me this ending?? come on
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
March 08 2012 21:59 GMT
#1385
On March 09 2012 05:37 ragnorr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 04:49 semantics wrote:
herp i never noticed this, but the alt's the characters have different armor bonuses T-T they aren't just cosmetic, you can see in info when you're selecting them.

Was like that in ME2 as well(There just was so few armors that it did not really matter -_-)

No, your armor had stats but squadmate appearance was purely cosmetic,
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 22:03:23
March 08 2012 22:01 GMT
#1386
Two hours of multiplayer (which is genuinely fun) doing Bronze challenges got my readiness to 69%. I've put in about 18 hours now and I have two main story planets left, plus the attached sidequests. This is on track with how many hours I put into ME2 on my first playthrough in order to finish all loyalty quests and other sidequests.

While I can't talk about the ending obviously, the story thus far is great -- much more narrative impact and drive than in ME2, though also more linear. It's also full of the kinds of little moments that make me appreciate the series, like:

+ Show Spoiler +
- Hanging out with Garrus on the Citadel, doing target practice
- Garrus and Joker exchanging humorous insults on the bridge
- Cortez and Traynor storylines, which eschew stereotypes nicely (though it's a shame that Vega seems so one-dimensional)
- Many scenes involving choices that I made in previous games, particularly involving ME2 companions
- Mordin's idle chat
- Etc. etc. etc.


The gameplay is improved over ME2 in every facet. The cursor moves slowly in scanning still but you can work around it by just pinging the scan to get a heading, moving half a rotation in that direction, and pinging again, rather than slowwwwwwwwly dragging the cursor while scanning. The amount of customization is great in both the skill trees and weapon mods. The running-and-gunning is a bit harder than in ME2 (comparing Insanity to Insanity) but can still be trivialized in various ways, which is to be expected. One of the little things that I appreciate a lot is the introduction of the destructible shield/barrier pylons, instead of just slapping full barrier/armor/shields on everything to make fights last longer.

If the ending is as weak as everyone seems to think it is, it will not destroy or reverse my positive impression of ME3, though it could certainly impact it. I had similar complaints about Deus Ex: HR, but I still walked away from that game feeling glad that I had played through it.

edit: for completionists or people who don't want to bother with randomly searching planets: http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-3-planet-scanning-guide-war-assets-artifacts-intel-and-credits/ (potential spoilers)
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
March 09 2012 00:54 GMT
#1387
After reading the past weeks about several issues I got a little bit worried but the game destroys these worries.
Aften playing around 10 hours I must they: this thing is freaking amazing. It feels like the perfect symbiosis of the previous installments only that is has a superior story it seems. I cannot wait to continue my story tomorrow.
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
March 09 2012 01:07 GMT
#1388
On March 09 2012 09:54 CrazyBirdman wrote:
After reading the past weeks about several issues I got a little bit worried but the game destroys these worries.
Aften playing around 10 hours I must they: this thing is freaking amazing. It feels like the perfect symbiosis of the previous installments only that is has a superior story it seems. I cannot wait to continue my story tomorrow.


Yeah I usually never read forums/reviews/whatever before playing a game cause once someone says " omg this game is such a let down " all sheep will follow the bandwagon anyways and won't give objective point of view just to be in the trend . Just play it and enjoy it as you want :D
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
khersai
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 01:56:14
March 09 2012 01:55 GMT
#1389
I don't know how can you possibly be satisfied with the story. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with cheesy one-liners and cliches, but ME3 plot is horrible. I certainly expected more from the final chapter of "epic galactic saga". I was really impressed with ME1 storyline, with how much work was put into creating ME universe and its background - history of galactic races and their conflicts, biology, culture, technology. It was all so detailed and consistent, I literally spent hours reading the codex. And it's not the nostalgia talking, I replayed ME1 like 6 days ago. I cannot comprehend how can you screw up such a good series. Bioware worked on this game for 2 years and given the fact that ME3 is practically ME 2.5 (same engine, reused models and textures) one can wonder how is it possible to not find a decent writer who would finish the story. Man am I dissapointed.
will the Legendary Protoss please stand up, please stand up
lurked
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada918 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 02:04:03
March 09 2012 02:03 GMT
#1390
I'm really excited for this game, but it's still at 99% installing for the last 10mins, I'm getting sooo impatient lol

Edit: WOOT, Mass Effect 3 Ready to play!
Magic is "just" magic until I get my hands on the source code.
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
March 09 2012 02:03 GMT
#1391
Like many before me have stated, everything about ME3 was great.
+ Show Spoiler +
Up until the ending. Felt like having a bowl full of cold water splashed across your face. All the emotions you built with your character, your fellow comrades, and the universe itself pretty much went to hell at that point.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 02:19:25
March 09 2012 02:17 GMT
#1392
My issue with all of the "you hate mass effect 3 because you're homophobic" articles is it makes it impossible to simply say you think the gay relationships arent well done or very deep without being called a gay basher or something. All the articles make it easier for Bioware to avoid criticism of the romances or dialogue. For god's sake they let joker bang the ship's AI. It's that kind of stuff that just feels like a joke rather than forward thinking. Overall though I think the biggest issues are the ending, choices being invalidated or marginalized and the homosexual romances feeling awkwardly done or just shallow. But now saying that on a bioware forum feels like it would be taboo.

On a more positive note this part was good for the overreaction by shepard at least. The ME 2 edi joke was actually pretty decently done in terms of the animations of Joker's face imo. Also the part with liara and the + Show Spoiler +
time capsule was pretty cool imo
.

+ Show Spoiler +
Baobab
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)153 Posts
March 09 2012 02:18 GMT
#1393
I got the game at release (in Korea so the earliest possible time ha) but I haven't had time to finish it yet. Dying to see how it ends, although the Internet has literally exploded with indignation at the ending over the past few days, so I'm worried to say the least >.<
한국어 배우고 있어요 ... 너무 어려우니까 도와주세요 ㅋㅋㅋ
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 02:23:19
March 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#1394
So far loving the game. I was a huge fan of the first two, just because the immersion is insane. Sure, not the best story, gameplay, writing. But wow was it immersive.

Barely into it so far, seems to continue the tradition. Thank you for adding mods and stats back into the game, albeit as limited as they are. Writing is cheesey and corny as I'd expect, but it was already a satire on older sci fi flicks. Combat shield enemies is cool, environments are cool so far. My biggest problem is the god awful face and movement animations. They seem extremely unprofessional, I can't help but laugh when people are talking in the most bizarre ways. Anybody notice that?
Its a fun game. Whats disappointing is that bioware has obviously been heading in a very bad direction for gamers.
khersai
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 03:00:10
March 09 2012 02:57 GMT
#1395
Bioware quality lol
+ Show Spoiler +


stumbled upon while browsing reddit, some of the comments are comedy gold
as a male adult with mildly refined taste I feel straight up insulted
will the Legendary Protoss please stand up, please stand up
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 09 2012 03:02 GMT
#1396
In the multiplayer, how would I optimally build a Drell Adept?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
March 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#1397
On March 09 2012 11:57 khersai wrote:
Bioware quality lol
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVU6vHe5quw


stumbled upon while browsing reddit, some of the comments are comedy gold
as a male adult with mildly refined taste I feel straight up insulted

I have nothing to complain about, the uality is excellent.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll just take a stroll and see the outside of the Citadel.
[image loading]

You don't care? I swear I'll jump!
[image loading]

Well that was anticlimactic
[image loading]
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Vessel
Profile Joined June 2010
United States214 Posts
March 09 2012 04:20 GMT
#1398
anyone else beat it yet? my play-through was pretty low on the readiness rating and what not, but it looks like theres not a whole lot of difference between the different endings
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:37:28
March 09 2012 04:30 GMT
#1399
On March 09 2012 13:20 Vessel wrote:
anyone else beat it yet? my play-through was pretty low on the readiness rating and what not, but it looks like theres not a whole lot of difference between the different endings

+ Show Spoiler +
2 main endings, and 8 tweaks on the ending for both of those endings. So like 16 ends although really only 2 big ones it's more like 4 ish endings imo. You could probably just use me3Coalesced to change variables in the game to see them all once someone figures out how to get galactic readyness rating and military str numbers
Thingdo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States186 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 05:09:48
March 09 2012 04:56 GMT
#1400
On March 09 2012 11:57 khersai wrote:
Bioware quality lol
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVU6vHe5quw


stumbled upon while browsing reddit, some of the comments are comedy gold
as a male adult with mildly refined taste I feel straight up insulted


Wow. Makes me sad to see Bioware sink that low. I always felt that their best part of Mass effect was the good writing and voice acting, but that was just plain painful to watch. That's probably just an isolated thing, and I doubt most the game is that bad, but yikes. For a while there I actually thought it might have been a joke and that someone had re-dubbed it.
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings49
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 609
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever634
Counter-Strike
taco 186
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox627
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 596
C9.Mang0349
Maynarde151
ViBE132
ArmadaUGS60
Livibee50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1031
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 34m
Stellar Fest
11h 34m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.