• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6928 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 179

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 177 178 179
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
March 04 2013 22:53 GMT
#3561
Citadel is actually looking pretty amazing. I haven't played Leviathan or Omega yet, but with this I might just go for one last playthrough.
LunArMerlin
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany119 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 05:13:22
March 06 2013 05:05 GMT
#3562
Ok basically just finished playing through Citadel DLC and damn .... the amount of fanservice is AMAZING.

I missed more shots with my Widow in this than in the entire Maingame just because I was constantly laughing and having tears in my eyes. The crew interactions are just plain ridiculous. They pick up so many things you came across in the series (like Traynors toothbrush). And I could fill a whole thread with the oneliners they dropped. Plus that Alliance Intelligence girl Brooks is amazing. Plain adorkable

The story itself has some new twists to the combat (although not entirely sucessfull). For example you only have a silenced pistol for the first part of the story and need to be a bit stealthy, cause trying to brute force your way is (at least on insanity) not THAT easy if you have no shield breaking abilities because of the limited amount of ammo.

Took me about 3 hours to complete the story on insanity, though I had my hickups and stopped for all the conversations and stuff so you can probably finish it faster. Story is good, well scripted, and has a good twist. Lack of real Paragon/Renegade Impact though.

After the story you can always visit the entertainment strip in front of your appartment. There are lots of minigames like roulett, vorcha racing and of course quasar. The combat arena is a score attack simulator, which you can modify (enemys, arenas etc) by activating unlockables. Besides Barla-Von and Aria got the top scores there ... you can't let that be right?

But the Story is not the strong point of the DLC, its whats arround it and after. The appartment you get is great, every playable character (who lives at this point) has at least 2 private meetings with Shepard plus the huge party at the end. The party has great replayability 'cause you get the chance to direct it 3 times (like having it quiet or more wild, giving out more drinks or getting something to eat). Like I said, fan services are at plenty and you would be surprised what some of the known as boring characters can bring to the table. Even the DLC characters get their fair share.

Examples:

+ Show Spoiler +

Kasumi: Is absolutely brilliant by being invisible all the time and just popping into conversations to drop some well placed jokes.

Zaeed: Nearly wrecks an arcade machine for not giving him his plush toy and, depending on the style of your party, is either gunfighting empty bottles with Wrex and Javik or booby trapping your hottub and Design-Glasswall with Garrus

Javik: Lightens up extremly with his own humor. He flat out refuses in the team banter about Team Mako and Team Hammerhead and just calls himself Team Prothean, which is OF COURSE from default better than the rest.

Glyph: Is just hilarious as a butler with his bow-tie and dishing out, like Liara put it, moral warfare on the enemies.

Cortez: Has some moments like taking Shep on a Shuttle Ride without G-Force Compensators. Or losing a drinking contest to joker.

Traynor: Has an incredibly "intense" staredown with an asari about a digital boardgame with hilarious camera work suporting the "dramatic" battle. And how she gets Shep into the Normandy is brilliant comedy. Plus keep an eye out for Kaylee Sanders personel ... stuff when Traynor visits you^^

Vega: Try beating his chin-ups record ... you're in for a looooot of clicking.

Wrex: Playable! Need I say more? Just pick him and watch him trashtalk the "princesses".

Grunt: Grunts story about why Shep needs to bail him oput from C-Sec is gold.

Tali: More drunk Tali!

Garrus: He's Garrus. Just awesome in everyway. Plus gets to show off his game by hooking up with a female turian.

EDI: More Joker + EDI awkwardness paired with some audiologs of Traynor talking about EDIs sexy voice ...

Joker: Is reeeeally upset about Shep using him as bait. And disses everyone left and right.

Kaiden: Is a surprisingly good cook ... and doesn't react well to coffee.

Miranda: Gets some deep conversations ... and a stunning dress.

Jacob: Well ... at least you can embarras him by kicking his ass in arcades.

Jack: Kicks ass with you in combat sims and has a ... heartly conversation with the cerberus cheerleader.

Liara: Has a touching scene with a piano. Ans is plain hilarious when trying to trashtalk the other team of your crew.

Kolyat/Thane: You'll get a memorial scene for Thane. Good stuff.

And Shepard ... my god has Shep funny moments. If I had to point out one single thing is how Shep reacts when finding his space hamster on the Normandy ... Shit got real there.

And I could go on and you would still find enough things that would surprise you.

No love for Mordin though -.-



Long Story short:

Absolutely amazing DLC when you love the thing that made the series great: The characters. Definitely worth your money.
“Boldy they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell” - The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
March 06 2013 06:11 GMT
#3563
Do any of the ME2 DLC characters (mainly Kasume) become playable with the DLC, or do they only show up for cameos?
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
LunArMerlin
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany119 Posts
March 06 2013 06:48 GMT
#3564
On March 06 2013 15:11 Gnosis wrote:
Do any of the ME2 DLC characters (mainly Kasume) become playable with the DLC, or do they only show up for cameos?


Only Wrex and the rest of the ME3 characters are playable. The ME2 crew comes in after the DLC Storyline. Well technically Jack is playable in her combat arena gig with Shep if you count that.

P.S: Garrus + Femshep relationship is amazing in this DLC. Their date in the casino tops even the "Top of the Presidium" Date in the original Game.
“Boldy they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell” - The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Alfred, Lord Tennyson
ikagram
Profile Joined March 2013
7 Posts
March 06 2013 07:43 GMT
#3565
I saw gameplays and trailer, read some reviews and i have to admit that it looks pretty impressive! I heard that it won some reward as the best game of 2012. There's nothing else left but trying it
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
March 06 2013 08:01 GMT
#3566
On March 06 2013 16:43 ikagram wrote:
I saw gameplays and trailer, read some reviews and i have to admit that it looks pretty impressive! I heard that it won some reward as the best game of 2012. There's nothing else left but trying it

Haha wow you are late to the party. I am surprised you did not get turned away by the massive whining from diehard fans because of the ending.
But yes, overall its a very good game and well worth the buy.
Off-season = best season
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
March 06 2013 08:10 GMT
#3567
On March 06 2013 17:01 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 16:43 ikagram wrote:
I saw gameplays and trailer, read some reviews and i have to admit that it looks pretty impressive! I heard that it won some reward as the best game of 2012. There's nothing else left but trying it

Haha wow you are late to the party. I am surprised you did not get turned away by the massive whining from diehard fans because of the ending.
But yes, overall its a very good game and well worth the buy.


They recently had a sale with all the Mass Effect's for like 30 dollars I think? I got them all then. Super worth it.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
March 07 2013 00:55 GMT
#3568
Does my save state affect The Citadel DLC?

I have ME3 on the Xbox and my previous data is on a friend's Xbox who moved far away. This affected my ME3 experience majorly as several past members didn't even show up and several story options weren't possible to achieve. (I spent several hours on Youtube watching all the events that I couldn't get.) I really want to get The Citadel but I am worried that my experience will effectively be neutered because I don't have ME1 and 2 data.

Anyone know what the deal is with that?
Cheese is good for you!
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
March 07 2013 03:04 GMT
#3569
The only thing that's gonna affect the new DLC is which NPC are alive at the time, so the standard Ash/Kaiden, suicide mission survivors, etc..
Like mentionned above, this DLC is basically fanservice for hardcode fans of the series. The plot and missions themselves are fairly generic IMO, but the party banter and throwbacks to the rest of the series are well worth it. If you can laugh at Garrus asking if we miss standing in elevators discussing our lives or Hammerhead > Mako jokes, then this DLC is probably for you.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
LunArMerlin
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany119 Posts
March 07 2013 05:20 GMT
#3570
On March 07 2013 09:55 Scamp wrote:
I really want to get The Citadel but I am worried that my experience will effectively be neutered because I don't have ME1 and 2 data.


As far as I can tell you'll probably only miss out on Kasumi/Zaeed/Javik Scenes. That is a bit of the charm but not nearly all of it.

All of the old teammembers who are in ME3 (I don't know if someone gets left behind if you don't import saves) will be in the DLC and besides special dialogs of romance partners you can't have in a ME3 without imported saves (like Miranda, Jack, Jacob and to an extent Thane) you won't miss out on much.

I haven't got the time yet you try different things on the DLC besides playing it right before attacking the last Cerberus Base. Things like what happens when Wrex is killed in ME1 or if Mordin/Thane/Legion attend the Party if they are still alive. At least I know that the content is accessible before finishing the Quarian/Geth Storyline maybe even before that.

I know that ME3 is pretty bad without importet saves. It looses a lot of its charm. But the DLC in its Core will be worth your while if you like character mingeling
“Boldy they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell” - The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Alfred, Lord Tennyson
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
March 07 2013 10:07 GMT
#3571
On March 06 2013 14:05 LunArMerlin wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

No love for Mordin though -.-



+ Show Spoiler +
Wrong. There is a clickable pad in the same room as the message console where you can hear Mordin sing some HILARIOUS songs
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 11:01:40
March 07 2013 10:59 GMT
#3572
On March 07 2013 14:20 LunArMerlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 09:55 Scamp wrote:
I really want to get The Citadel but I am worried that my experience will effectively be neutered because I don't have ME1 and 2 data.


As far as I can tell you'll probably only miss out on Kasumi/Zaeed/Javik Scenes. That is a bit of the charm but not nearly all of it.

All of the old teammembers who are in ME3 (I don't know if someone gets left behind if you don't import saves) will be in the DLC and besides special dialogs of romance partners you can't have in a ME3 without imported saves (like Miranda, Jack, Jacob and to an extent Thane) you won't miss out on much.

I haven't got the time yet you try different things on the DLC besides playing it right before attacking the last Cerberus Base. Things like what happens when Wrex is killed in ME1 or if Mordin/Thane/Legion attend the Party if they are still alive. At least I know that the content is accessible before finishing the Quarian/Geth Storyline maybe even before that.

I know that ME3 is pretty bad without importet saves. It looses a lot of its charm. But the DLC in its Core will be worth your while if you like character mingeling


I guess it really depends on when you go, because in my game...

+ Show Spoiler +
No one from ME2 shows up except Jacob, Miranda, Tali, Garrus and Mordin.

Thane is dead right away. So's Chambers, Daniels/Donnely and Wrex.

As Femshep I couldn't romance anyone other than Traynor. Partially because I chose Ash over Kaidan.

I can't save Miranda and I can't make peace between Tali and fake Legion.

And soooooo many events can never happen. Like Liara's father, Conrad, and so on....


So yeah, I really want to get this DLC but I have no guarantee that a large portion of the fun will even be there, because it wasn't there for ME3 and the DLC seems to be based on that data.
Cheese is good for you!
LunArMerlin
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany119 Posts
March 07 2013 19:26 GMT
#3573
On March 07 2013 19:07 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 14:05 LunArMerlin wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

No love for Mordin though -.-



+ Show Spoiler +
Wrong. There is a clickable pad in the same room as the message console where you can hear Mordin sing some HILARIOUS songs



+ Show Spoiler +

omg yeah just youtubed that ...

"I broke Omegas one rule ... in more way then one."

Haha perfect.
“Boldy they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell” - The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Alfred, Lord Tennyson
LunArMerlin
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany119 Posts
March 11 2013 15:12 GMT
#3574
Doublepost -.-

This Video pretty much sums the DLC up perfectly (contains minor Spoilers though).

“Boldy they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell” - The Charge Of The Light Brigade, Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Prev 1 177 178 179
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM576
TaKeTV 162
IndyStarCraft 102
BRAT_OK 97
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 576
TKL 205
ProTech142
IndyStarCraft 102
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 69
Codebar 49
Rex 41
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 998
EffOrt 579
Mini 526
ggaemo 291
Stork 270
firebathero 184
Dewaltoss 108
Barracks 77
Rush 73
910 68
[ Show more ]
Zeus 55
Hyun 53
Shine 49
Killer 39
Shinee 38
Bale 27
soO 27
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 17
Trap 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva4285
Dendi1870
Counter-Strike
Fnx 763
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes864
Liquid`Hasu261
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2154
singsing1939
B2W.Neo1052
Beastyqt248
ceh9203
Sick181
ArmadaUGS144
C9.Mang050
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream521
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile129
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2784
• TFBlade821
Other Games
• WagamamaTV256
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.