• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10745 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 178

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 Next
hellsan631
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States695 Posts
January 16 2013 11:35 GMT
#3541
i've never had any issues just doing soldier in ME1. assault rifle is OP, and his other buffs are very good at peaking from cover and dealing loads of damage. It is a slower paced game though.
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
January 16 2013 13:43 GMT
#3542
Personally I just played through ME1 for the story, so I played soldier on the easiest difficulty (didn't really like the combat gameplay in the first game). Loved soldier on insanity (and in general) in ME2, then switched to adept for ME3; honestly anything less than insanity as adept in the last game isn't even fair, I was going around with Liara and Javik feeling like an actual biotic god.
Fiddel
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands20 Posts
January 16 2013 16:15 GMT
#3543
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going soldier->shock trooper!
:)
Malpractice.248
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States734 Posts
February 08 2013 06:00 GMT
#3544
Might sound dumb, but can someone give me the directory for their ME3 save files, (doc>??>??>??) on win7?
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
February 08 2013 06:03 GMT
#3545
Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save is where I have mine.


On an unrelated note, the Grissom Academy level on Insanity is damn hard. Or maybe I just suck, I don't know.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
February 08 2013 06:31 GMT
#3546
^ I did that recently, found it easy enough
Useless wet fish.
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
February 08 2013 09:04 GMT
#3547
On February 08 2013 15:03 Coppermantis wrote:
Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save is where I have mine.


On an unrelated note, the Grissom Academy level on Insanity is damn hard. Or maybe I just suck, I don't know.


It can be hard if you play it like the rest of the game - I'm guessing the courtyard area gave you the most trouble? I died a couple of times because I did my usual "cover-shoot-advance" routine. I found that if I stayed in cover a little bit longer than usual and made sure the area was clear ahead AND behind me the level wasn't that hard at all.
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
February 08 2013 15:50 GMT
#3548
My usual routine is to to basically that, turtle up somewhere for a bit and clear areas before advancing. I usually find that it's the turrets that get set up that always kill me because I can't get out of cover to take out the engineers.

Plus the fact that I spent all my medigel in the first half of the atrium. I'm just bad I guess.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
February 08 2013 16:32 GMT
#3549
I still love playing through this game lol
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
February 08 2013 16:44 GMT
#3550
On February 09 2013 00:50 Coppermantis wrote:
My usual routine is to to basically that, turtle up somewhere for a bit and clear areas before advancing. I usually find that it's the turrets that get set up that always kill me because I can't get out of cover to take out the engineers.

Plus the fact that I spent all my medigel in the first half of the atrium. I'm just bad I guess.


What class are you playing? Turrets can be very annoying, though personally as an adept running Liara + Javik they're not a big problem since I can just nuke them down. I can see how a soldier or something similar can have a lot of problems with them tho.
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
February 08 2013 23:33 GMT
#3551
I'm playing Infiltrator with Liara and Garrus. The soldiers generally aren't a problem except for when I'm dumb and don't notice that someone's behind me. Singularity, concussive shot, incinerate and carnage are great at dealing with the soldiers but I can't seem to do enough damage to the turrets since the engineers just repair them/the shields regenerate while I'm taking cover from the other units.

ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
February 09 2013 09:29 GMT
#3552
On February 09 2013 08:33 Coppermantis wrote:
I'm playing Infiltrator with Liara and Garrus. The soldiers generally aren't a problem except for when I'm dumb and don't notice that someone's behind me. Singularity, concussive shot, incinerate and carnage are great at dealing with the soldiers but I can't seem to do enough damage to the turrets since the engineers just repair them/the shields regenerate while I'm taking cover from the other units.



Mmm yeah, I guess what I'd go for is max overload on Garrus, max warp on Liara and max incinerate on Shep with a minimum loadout for cooldowns then try to nuke down the turrets from behind cover. It isn't as effective as biotic-on-biotic but tech skills can detonate warp as well as eachother (afaik). The key to killing turrets are huge spikes of damage, otherwise the engineers will repair them (I don't think this is avoidable tbh) - so try to get into a good position and nuke the turrets down with bursts (also don't be afraid to use grenades for this purpose). Oh and unless you really like carnage, picking up the shield drain thingie is really good on insanity infiltrator - gives you a lot more room for error and the ability to improvise.
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
February 09 2013 10:26 GMT
#3553
On February 09 2013 01:32 HeeroFX wrote:
I still love playing through this game lol


Not sure if sarcasm.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
February 09 2013 18:31 GMT
#3554
On February 09 2013 19:26 Slackzftw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2013 01:32 HeeroFX wrote:
I still love playing through this game lol


Not sure if sarcasm.



no not at all, I really enjoy the mass effect franchise its in my top 5 all time favs, but I feel like the only way to take them is to play through them as a Trilogy and not indvidually. I go back and play through the franchise often.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
February 09 2013 23:19 GMT
#3555
So i'm about 4 hours in to the third game, and so far it is nowhere near as fun as ME2 for me.

Hopefully the action picks up.

Loving the heavy melee attack though.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
February 09 2013 23:53 GMT
#3556
It is different, ME 3 does pick up but it is a darker tone because Shepard is a older and wiser and exhausted warrior. ME 3 combat was the best. But like I will tell anyone play the whole series and judge it as a series as a whole and not an indvidual game.
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
March 04 2013 18:24 GMT
#3557

So EA trying to squeeze the last drops of milk from the cash cow.
The DLC will be out tomorrow, apparently all the cast is in for one last content release.

Well, despite the ending fiasco, this was been a hell of a ride, and I will remember Mass Effect 1& 3 as very good games, and Mass Effect 2 as a masterpiece.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
March 04 2013 19:05 GMT
#3558
Heh. Everytime I boot up ME3 I make it to the main screen before I think "what's the point" and close it. Has any of the DLC been worth playing?
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
squanzo
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
March 04 2013 21:38 GMT
#3559
On March 05 2013 04:05 Gnosis wrote:
Heh. Everytime I boot up ME3 I make it to the main screen before I think "what's the point" and close it. Has any of the DLC been worth playing?



Well, if you play multiplayer yes. And that would also eliminate you saying "what's the point" everytime you load it up.

Personally I've only played through ME3 once, but I respect it as much as any other game period. I'll get around to playing it a second time when I'm ready.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 04 2013 22:08 GMT
#3560
The extended ending helps a TON. Its still the same 3 choices, but everything leading up to it makes more sense (enough that your suspension of disbelief can be maintained, which may have been impossible before), and there are better cinematics afterward that more clearly depict the choice you make and then there is an epilog which includes references to things you've done throughout the trilogy and the final choice you made. They didn't make a new ending, but they rebuilt the one they chose to do from the ground up to make it a strong ending for the series. The game actually feels finished afterward.

In regard to the campaign DLC's:

Javik : The character is pretty great and adds a good bit of dialog to some of the key points in the game if you bring him along in your squad. The DLC mission that comes with him isn't really anything special. Its only memorable quality is that it introduces Javik.

Leviathan: Comes with about 4 missions if I remember correctly. The first one is really cool and there is an interesting story mechanic that ties them together between missions, but ultimately the ending isn't that great. It has some pretty big lore revelations about the origins of the reapers, but even with that it doesn't really add that much to the overall experience. I'd say if you're on the fence about getting DLC, I would recommend passing on this one.

Omega: A series of missions you play with you and Aria fighting your way through Cerberus controlled Omega. Has little impact on the overall story, it just finishes up Aria's storyline. It really reminded me of mass effect 2's style and atmosphere. The levels were very well polished, enemies were numerous, battles felt great. I would say it was on the same level of quality as the lair of the shadow broker and arrival DLC's for ME2, despite the fact that it has no major lore impact.

We'll see how Citadel turns out, I'm willing to give it a shot after how well Omega turned out.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 635
hero 577
BeSt 287
Hyuk 238
Mind 37
Bale 24
Terrorterran 15
Noble 15
Shinee 11
Icarus 8
[ Show more ]
yabsab 8
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1096
XaKoH 353
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King79
Other Games
summit1g9670
ceh9370
Livibee89
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick499
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1409
• Stunt474
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 1m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.