• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9052 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 142

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 179 Next
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 13:27:36
March 28 2012 13:26 GMT
#2821
I think you're putting on blinders on and just focusing on a single aspect of the story telling. There aren't that many homo/bisexual (not including a unisex race of aliens) characters if you do a play through romancing only the opposite sex. Sure there's that one lady marine at the embassies and stuff like that... I'm pretty sure the Garrus marriage line was a joke as well given that he will romance Tali if you leave them both alone.

Cortez was a little annoying when it was 'My husband is dead, my husband is dead!' Yeah thanks, I know stop whining. I guess its mostly because they had to do a semi-hamfisted characterization of him by rubbing that in your face. He became more interesting after he gets over that whole thing and acts like a character rather than a 'hey we have a gay character, can't you tell he's gay yet?!?' Uh yeah... thanks, can you focus more on just do his PTSD instead of his sexuality, its kinda jarring in a universe containing such a diverse set of people and themes to be so hamfisted with your characterization?

I guess its because they wanted to flesh him out ASAP and it was difficult given all the returning old characters. I don't really by the explanation however, just compare it to the late comer James, he had a low key characterization with his back story. They probably just overcompensated subconsciously for making you really want to meet a homosexual male human character.

I did like him quite a bit after he got his game together after the memorial wall or even when you talk him into shore leave.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Eljyaz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States17 Posts
March 28 2012 13:51 GMT
#2822
On March 28 2012 22:11 Latham wrote:
Call me homophobic but I feel there were too many gay undertones in ME3. I saved Kaidan and in ME3 he wanted to become buttbuddies on the Citadel at one point ewwww.
Then the gay shuttle pilot - Cortez hugging me and shit like that.
And finally Garrus hinting on marriage. I mean - WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can't you see I like boobs for god's sake? I'm already knocking Liara's boots. And no, manboobs don't count, so don't grow any for me. Don't call me, and don't invite me to your sausagefests.


Calm down. There's nothing gay about Cortez hugging you, even if he is gay. And Garrus was obviously joking, since male Shepard's relationship with him is nothing more than an epic bromance.
I don't know anything about Kaidan, since I always saved Ashley, but I think that Bioware wants to make sure you have the option of romancing your Virmire survivor no matter what gender they are.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 28 2012 15:04 GMT
#2823
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 28 2012 15:20 GMT
#2824
On March 28 2012 22:11 Latham wrote:
Call me homophobic but I feel there were too many gay undertones in ME3. I saved Kaidan and in ME3 he wanted to become buttbuddies on the Citadel at one point ewwww.
Then the gay shuttle pilot - Cortez hugging me and shit like that.
And finally Garrus hinting on marriage. I mean - WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can't you see I like boobs for god's sake? I'm already knocking Liara's boots. And no, manboobs don't count, so don't grow any for me. Don't call me, and don't invite me to your sausagefests.


Take the homophobia somewhere else, Bioware has always been extremely open about this subject. Their vision of the future of humanity in Mass Effect is one where there is no more homophobia, if you don't like it, don't play Bioware games.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
March 28 2012 15:27 GMT
#2825
On March 28 2012 08:13 Takkara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.


I feel the same way. Apart from those last minutes the game was an amazing experience and very enjoyable.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 28 2012 15:29 GMT
#2826
On March 29 2012 00:20 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 22:11 Latham wrote:
Call me homophobic but I feel there were too many gay undertones in ME3. I saved Kaidan and in ME3 he wanted to become buttbuddies on the Citadel at one point ewwww.
Then the gay shuttle pilot - Cortez hugging me and shit like that.
And finally Garrus hinting on marriage. I mean - WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can't you see I like boobs for god's sake? I'm already knocking Liara's boots. And no, manboobs don't count, so don't grow any for me. Don't call me, and don't invite me to your sausagefests.


Take the homophobia somewhere else, Bioware has always been extremely open about this subject. Their vision of the future of humanity in Mass Effect is one where there is no more homophobia, if you don't like it, don't play Bioware games.


Precisely. Bioware has created a universe that had very little predjudice and where humanity is united as a whole. That would be better than anything of today for sure.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
March 28 2012 15:55 GMT
#2827
On March 29 2012 00:04 hugman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs

Or, a crash course in the handling of core structural and narrative ideas. Pretty much everyone needs to watch this if they don't understand the "why are these problems" question. There are a few items that are somewhat misplaced or pigeonholed, but it explores to a degree the core narrative problems and mishandling of the key elements in the story in a way that is explained fairly well.
Administrator
Quotidian
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1937 Posts
March 28 2012 16:11 GMT
#2828
The fact that ME3's ending even got implemented makes me very curious about the creative culture at Bioware. Was this ending simply handed down from one extremely powerful person at Bioware, and no one dared tell that person that the ending was shit?

Apparently there was a different ending imagined at some point, so there must've been some kind of iterative process.. so how did we end up with Hologram Kid? If the ending was a malleable structure all the way through development, you'd think someone would raise their hand in a board meeting at some point along that process and raise some important questions. Or was this just a budget issue?

With Dragon Age 2 and now ME 3, Bioware's standards are dropping very quickly. I just don't get what's going on-- it's like they haven't been able to adjust to their success and are instead just falling apart.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 28 2012 16:23 GMT
#2829
I think it's more curious how almost no game reviewers realized the ending was bad. There's something weird going on when such a huge collective disconnect occurs. I bet that when they're looking back on the ending in a few years they will all say that it was bad, because that's how it will be remembered. Just listening to some podcasts with game reviewers on them now a lot of them don't sound at all convinced that the ending is good, it's like they're afraid to come out and say that it was bad because they'll be shunned by their peers or something. I don't know what's going on.
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
March 28 2012 16:27 GMT
#2830
On March 29 2012 01:23 hugman wrote:
I think it's more curious how almost no game reviewers realized the ending was bad. There's something weird going on when such a huge collective disconnect occurs. I bet that when they're looking back on the ending in a few years they will all say that it was bad, because that's how it will be remembered. Just listening to some podcasts with game reviewers on them now a lot of them don't sound at all convinced that the ending is good, it's like they're afraid to come out and say that it was bad because they'll be shunned by their peers or something. I don't know what's going on.

part of the problem with reviewers from what I understand is that a game company, if they don't like your review, can rescind any more advance copies of their games, so you have to sort of play by their rules in a way in order to maintain this relationship. If someone else who knows more about this could comment, or clarify this as I'm not so well informed on how that works...
Administrator
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 28 2012 16:28 GMT
#2831
On March 29 2012 01:23 hugman wrote:
I think it's more curious how almost no game reviewers realized the ending was bad. There's something weird going on when such a huge collective disconnect occurs. I bet that when they're looking back on the ending in a few years they will all say that it was bad, because that's how it will be remembered. Just listening to some podcasts with game reviewers on them now a lot of them don't sound at all convinced that the ending is good, it's like they're afraid to come out and say that it was bad because they'll be shunned by their peers or something. I don't know what's going on.


I think this video has a highly accurate and in-depth summary of why the video game reviewers decided that the ending to the game was good.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
March 28 2012 17:02 GMT
#2832
On March 29 2012 00:55 wo1fwood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 00:04 hugman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs

Or, a crash course in the handling of core structural and narrative ideas. Pretty much everyone needs to watch this if they don't understand the "why are these problems" question. There are a few items that are somewhat misplaced or pigeonholed, but it explores to a degree the core narrative problems and mishandling of the key elements in the story in a way that is explained fairly well.


Very interesting video and for the most part i can agree with him.

I didnt like the ending but because of the shitstorm fans produced i was prepared for the worst. Therefore I just decided to enjoy the game while i played it and it was an amazing experience.

I just dont like how "fans" are so mad that they rate this game a 1 out of 10 and put their hate on every single review site. All in all the game was freakin awesome.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 28 2012 17:12 GMT
#2833
Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a max limit to how high the maximum capacity is for your supplies? (If there is a maximum that is)
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 28 2012 17:16 GMT
#2834
On March 29 2012 02:02 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 00:55 wo1fwood wrote:
On March 29 2012 00:04 hugman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs

Or, a crash course in the handling of core structural and narrative ideas. Pretty much everyone needs to watch this if they don't understand the "why are these problems" question. There are a few items that are somewhat misplaced or pigeonholed, but it explores to a degree the core narrative problems and mishandling of the key elements in the story in a way that is explained fairly well.


Very interesting video and for the most part i can agree with him.

I didnt like the ending but because of the shitstorm fans produced i was prepared for the worst. Therefore I just decided to enjoy the game while i played it and it was an amazing experience.

I just dont like how "fans" are so mad that they rate this game a 1 out of 10 and put their hate on every single review site. All in all the game was freakin awesome.

It denies meaning to the experience that has come before, by invalidating almost everything not only in that game but in all the games that came before. Some have , in my eyes rightfully, suggested that this destroys the entire franchise. Review bombing might not be the most mature thing to do but many don't see another way to voice their frustration. The worst enemy is a former friend or in this case a former fan.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 28 2012 17:17 GMT
#2835
On March 29 2012 02:12 HaXXspetten wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a max limit to how high the maximum capacity is for your supplies? (If there is a maximum that is)

What do you mean by supplies? The rating of mp equipment? that would be 10 for everything (at least it was in the demo and I have not heard anything different for the game)
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 28 2012 17:20 GMT
#2836
On March 29 2012 02:12 HaXXspetten wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a max limit to how high the maximum capacity is for your supplies? (If there is a maximum that is)


How many can you use per game? I think was 10. Stuck up on by buying packs? 255 (someone on bioware boards said they tested it)
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 28 2012 17:29 GMT
#2837
On March 29 2012 02:20 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 02:12 HaXXspetten wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a max limit to how high the maximum capacity is for your supplies? (If there is a maximum that is)


How many can you use per game? I think was 10. Stuck up on by buying packs? 255 (someone on bioware boards said they tested it)

I'll put it this way: I fell victim to a glitch about two weeks ago that reset my maximum capacity for rockets, medigel and ammo packs to zero, and only now have I sort of gotten back to the starting point with them. On the other hand, as a secondary effect of this glitch, I got my current stock of rockets, medigel, shields and incendiary ammo lvl 1 increased to 255, so yeah, I know that's the maximum limit for stock, but I'm curious about the capacities since I've fallen behind on them because of all this.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 28 2012 17:34 GMT
#2838
On March 28 2012 22:51 Eljyaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 22:11 Latham wrote:
Call me homophobic but I feel there were too many gay undertones in ME3. I saved Kaidan and in ME3 he wanted to become buttbuddies on the Citadel at one point ewwww.
Then the gay shuttle pilot - Cortez hugging me and shit like that.
And finally Garrus hinting on marriage. I mean - WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can't you see I like boobs for god's sake? I'm already knocking Liara's boots. And no, manboobs don't count, so don't grow any for me. Don't call me, and don't invite me to your sausagefests.


Calm down. There's nothing gay about Cortez hugging you, even if he is gay. And Garrus was obviously joking, since male Shepard's relationship with him is nothing more than an epic bromance.
I don't know anything about Kaidan, since I always saved Ashley, but I think that Bioware wants to make sure you have the option of romancing your Virmire survivor no matter what gender they are.


Well, you can go with Kaidan with both femshepard and maleshepard, but ashley is stricly hetero. D:
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
March 28 2012 18:59 GMT
#2839
as someone who only played me3, can someone explain to me how i make ashley less of a bitch? in a play through i did i was nothing but nice to her (but i was already romancing liara) but she never wanted to chat at all on the normandy after she got back after citadel 2. then i randomly find her drunk on the floor, ok we had a tiny chat there, but other characters on the ship had much more to talk about. do i need to come back at very specific times ? i came back after most missions i think.
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 19:34:08
March 28 2012 19:33 GMT
#2840
She just doesnt have much to say. Was one of the more boring characters in the whole series anyways. Shes only gonna give you some comments after some missions but thats about it.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1403
WardiTV692
OGKoka 242
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko419
OGKoka 242
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8908
Bisu 3725
FanTaSy 3119
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 1864
EffOrt 1392
Horang2 666
BeSt 606
actioN 538
Larva 319
[ Show more ]
Mini 203
Zeus 127
soO 113
Dewaltoss 111
Mind 87
Stork 77
Snow 77
Barracks 74
Mong 45
ToSsGirL 42
hero 37
sorry 35
Killer 33
Bale 29
Sexy 29
JYJ 24
Free 21
Shinee 20
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 19
Shine 17
zelot 17
HiyA 16
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4054
qojqva1259
Dendi847
XaKoH 529
febbydoto19
Counter-Strike
x6flipin500
Other Games
singsing2684
olofmeister1261
hiko757
B2W.Neo739
Livibee655
crisheroes330
XBOCT251
Pyrionflax228
dupreeh76
QueenE22
Liquid`VortiX21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2175
• Nemesis1098
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 6m
Replay Cast
10h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.