• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6351 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 141

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 179 Next
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 27 2012 18:35 GMT
#2801
On March 28 2012 03:20 JudicatorHammurabi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 19:40 Nifel wrote:
On March 27 2012 18:34 JudicatorHammurabi wrote:
I just beat the game. I chose to destroy the Reapers rather than control them. I guess Shepard dies either way, but the ending for killing the Reapers was lame :/.
+ Show Spoiler +
Shepard dies, the Normandy crashes on Earth, and Joker, Liara, and Ashley walk out of it


Outrageous spoiler:
+ Show Spoiler +
Well, provided you picked the right choices in conversations with the Illusive Man, and got enough military strength (for some reason it matters here), you get a brief scene where Shepard is shown to have survived, "wakes" up and draws a breath in a pile of rubble or something. Doesn't really make the ending less of a train wreck, but adds a bit of a "huh?".

+ Show Spoiler +

I chose all the "good" things to say to the Illusive Man, if that means anything :s. My military strength was like over 6,000 (probably not enough). Oh I forgot the other part of my ending. It had some old man talking to a kid in some snowy grove about the stars, and then the kid asks to hear a story about Shepard.


+ Show Spoiler +
You get the kid talking to the old man no matter what. What was your EMS, including the penalty for not playing multiplayer? That's what is relevant. Also, you need to save Anderson by shooting the Illusive Man or convincing him to commit suicide.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 27 2012 22:14 GMT
#2802
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
March 27 2012 22:53 GMT
#2803
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
March 27 2012 23:13 GMT
#2804
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
March 27 2012 23:30 GMT
#2805
On March 28 2012 08:13 Takkara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.


Im not hating on the game, nor the ending. The whole shitstorm about the ending was exaggerated in my opinion; yes it sucked, and no, it didnt ruin the game for me. Im just saying, that personally, I liked ME2 better. It had more OMG ILL KILL HIM or OMG DONT YOU FUCKING DARE moments of me screaming at the monitor than ME3. I posted a couple of pages back about how ME3 lacked moments of putting your knowledge into real actions and decisions, such as in (here comes the prime example of comparison between the 2 games) the Suicide Mission.

Nerdchill moments in ME3 I can count with one hand, unlike ME2. Again, personal opinion.

ps: what happened to having a Krogan in your party? not enough Wrex or Grunt (grunt gets best moment and line in the game for me) overall! Its like playing a Final Fantasy game, and not having summons at all, thats what it felt to me not having more interactions with the krogan.
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 00:01:14
March 27 2012 23:56 GMT
#2806
Just finished ME3. Absolutely loved it for the most part. The combat was a huge improvement over ME2, it's uch more fluid and fun. Biotics were almost useless in ME2 due to shields/armor being everywhere.

I lost my ME2 save so I started with a brand new character, then decided to download a save file and restart. And I'm really glad I did. The difference in immersion with your old teammates is huge. Without a ME2 save, random people will take the place of your teammates, i.e. Wrex is replaced by Wreav who is not nearly as awesome, Jack with some random human etc... honestly makes ME3 less fun. So if you haven't done so already, play ME3 with a ME2 save file! D:

As for the ending, my thoughts are pretty much the same as everyone else's. It was terrible, but I didn't really mind it all that much because the game up to that point was fantastic. And it seems they're either re-doing the ending or improving it in a DLC so there's really no reason to hate the game just because of the ending.

Favourite parts of the game were Tuchanka and Thessia.

P.S: Everyone should absolutely get the From Ashes DLC. The DLC character (Javik) has some hilarious lines and adds so much depth to the story that he really shouldn't be a DLC.

P.P.S: Bring Javik to Thessia, you will not regret it.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 28 2012 00:11 GMT
#2807
On March 28 2012 08:56 nonsequitur wrote:
Just finished ME3. Absolutely loved it for the most part. The combat was a huge improvement over ME2, it's uch more fluid and fun. Biotics were almost useless in ME2 due to shields/armor being everywhere.

I lost my ME2 save so I started with a brand new character, then decided to download a save file and restart. And I'm really glad I did. The difference in immersion with your old teammates is huge. Without a ME2 save, random people will take the place of your teammates, i.e. Wrex is replaced by Wreav who is not nearly as awesome, Jack with some random human etc... honestly makes ME3 less fun. So if you haven't done so already, play ME3 with a ME2 save file! D:

As for the ending, my thoughts are pretty much the same as everyone else's. It was terrible, but I didn't really mind it all that much because the game up to that point was fantastic. And it seems they're either re-doing the ending or improving it in a DLC so there's really no reason to hate the game just because of the ending.

Favourite parts of the game were Tuchanka and Thessia.

P.S: Everyone should absolutely get the From Ashes DLC. The DLC character (Javik) has some hilarious lines and adds so much depth to the story that he really shouldn't be a DLC.

P.P.S: Bring Javik to Thessia, you will not regret it.


I started the game hating Javik b/c he acted like a jerk to me and the crew, but eventually brought him along for missions and began to respect him even more.

Despite being day 1 DLC, he's a very, very well fleshed out character.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Buzzworth
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States14 Posts
March 28 2012 04:06 GMT
#2808
What is the Jumbo Equipment Packs? Are they just double the recruit packs?
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
March 28 2012 04:28 GMT
#2809
On March 28 2012 08:30 kleetzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 08:13 Takkara wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.


Im not hating on the game, nor the ending. The whole shitstorm about the ending was exaggerated in my opinion; yes it sucked, and no, it didnt ruin the game for me. Im just saying, that personally, I liked ME2 better. It had more OMG ILL KILL HIM or OMG DONT YOU FUCKING DARE moments of me screaming at the monitor than ME3. I posted a couple of pages back about how ME3 lacked moments of putting your knowledge into real actions and decisions, such as in (here comes the prime example of comparison between the 2 games) the Suicide Mission.

Nerdchill moments in ME3 I can count with one hand, unlike ME2. Again, personal opinion.

ps: what happened to having a Krogan in your party? not enough Wrex or Grunt (grunt gets best moment and line in the game for me) overall! Its like playing a Final Fantasy game, and not having summons at all, thats what it felt to me not having more interactions with the krogan.


Does the ME2 standard run come with the Virmire Survivor romanced? I've always wondered since default is the opposite sex one surviving. Ah, screw it, I prefer the original council. I guess I'll have to play ME1 if I want a properly romanced Liara for MaleShep. Dem crashes. Or get the Genesis thing. I hate cheating, plus my MaleShep already has to explain Tali, whom I'm completely 50/50 about vs Ashley.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 28 2012 04:50 GMT
#2810
On March 28 2012 13:06 Buzzworth wrote:
What is the Jumbo Equipment Packs? Are they just double the recruit packs?


You get a ton of one use items, but you ONLY get one use items.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 28 2012 04:51 GMT
#2811
On March 28 2012 13:28 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 08:30 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 08:13 Takkara wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.


Im not hating on the game, nor the ending. The whole shitstorm about the ending was exaggerated in my opinion; yes it sucked, and no, it didnt ruin the game for me. Im just saying, that personally, I liked ME2 better. It had more OMG ILL KILL HIM or OMG DONT YOU FUCKING DARE moments of me screaming at the monitor than ME3. I posted a couple of pages back about how ME3 lacked moments of putting your knowledge into real actions and decisions, such as in (here comes the prime example of comparison between the 2 games) the Suicide Mission.

Nerdchill moments in ME3 I can count with one hand, unlike ME2. Again, personal opinion.

ps: what happened to having a Krogan in your party? not enough Wrex or Grunt (grunt gets best moment and line in the game for me) overall! Its like playing a Final Fantasy game, and not having summons at all, thats what it felt to me not having more interactions with the krogan.


Does the ME2 standard run come with the Virmire Survivor romanced? I've always wondered since default is the opposite sex one surviving. Ah, screw it, I prefer the original council. I guess I'll have to play ME1 if I want a properly romanced Liara for MaleShep. Dem crashes. Or get the Genesis thing. I hate cheating, plus my MaleShep already has to explain Tali, whom I'm completely 50/50 about vs Ashley.


ME2 default is no romance IIRC.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Baobab
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)153 Posts
March 28 2012 04:56 GMT
#2812
Anyone in Korea playing the multiplayer by any chance? Wouldn't mind some lag-free games
한국어 배우고 있어요 ... 너무 어려우니까 도와주세요 ㅋㅋㅋ
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
March 28 2012 08:44 GMT
#2813
On March 28 2012 13:28 Ansinjunger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 08:30 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 08:13 Takkara wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:53 kleetzor wrote:
On March 28 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
On March 28 2012 02:53 turdburgler wrote:
something has been bugging me since i first played me3. did anyone else find the mars crash by james at the end of the mission really jarring? we had only just met him and the player didnt know much about him, and then he uses the line "i got this one" it sounds like hes refering to a previous event where he didnt get to help, or probably just the fact he got sent away earlier in the mission. i dont know i just found that cut scene really out of place for a new character.


I think tat you are reading too much into his intonation. "I got this one" is a common American phrase that essentially means "I can do this". James is pretty much saying, "Stand aside Shepard, I can get this problem for you".

He's not making a reference.


This. I dont think you have to read too much into his intonation in that particular scene.

On a side note, I played the prologue to ME2, up to the attack and crash of the SR1 and I have to be honest, the chills I got there were more than any of the excitement I got in most of ME3. Dont get me wrong, I loved ME3, but for me, personally, it gets dominated by ME2.


No way, dude. If ME3 ended with Shepard talking to Anderson on the Citadel while the Reapers blew up around them, it would be one of the greatest games of all time. The ending then would still have tons of loop holes and stupid shit, but if they had just let it end there it would have been amazing. Don't let the ending ruin ALL of the game for you. The Geth/Quarian struggle, Mordin's journey, Thane/Kolyat, Grunt. There is some serious pulling of heart strings in ME3. Not to mention how the combat is about 100x better than ME2 or ME1.

Amazing amazing amazing game. Terrible terrible terrible ending.


Im not hating on the game, nor the ending. The whole shitstorm about the ending was exaggerated in my opinion; yes it sucked, and no, it didnt ruin the game for me. Im just saying, that personally, I liked ME2 better. It had more OMG ILL KILL HIM or OMG DONT YOU FUCKING DARE moments of me screaming at the monitor than ME3. I posted a couple of pages back about how ME3 lacked moments of putting your knowledge into real actions and decisions, such as in (here comes the prime example of comparison between the 2 games) the Suicide Mission.

Nerdchill moments in ME3 I can count with one hand, unlike ME2. Again, personal opinion.

ps: what happened to having a Krogan in your party? not enough Wrex or Grunt (grunt gets best moment and line in the game for me) overall! Its like playing a Final Fantasy game, and not having summons at all, thats what it felt to me not having more interactions with the krogan.


Does the ME2 standard run come with the Virmire Survivor romanced? I've always wondered since default is the opposite sex one surviving. Ah, screw it, I prefer the original council. I guess I'll have to play ME1 if I want a properly romanced Liara for MaleShep. Dem crashes. Or get the Genesis thing. I hate cheating, plus my MaleShep already has to explain Tali, whom I'm completely 50/50 about vs Ashley.


If you're really not looking forward to playing ME1, you can always download a save from Masseffectsaves.com. There's some pretty varied options in there, from gender to alignment to romance, and almost every major decision. Granted it won't be "your" Shepard, but might be an option if you don't care too deeply about it.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
March 28 2012 12:14 GMT
#2814
is it worth it playing ME1 and taking your saves over from ME2 to ME3? or is there no special interaction because of the actions you have done in ME1?
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
March 28 2012 12:36 GMT
#2815
On March 28 2012 21:14 Bloodash wrote:
is it worth it playing ME1 and taking your saves over from ME2 to ME3? or is there no special interaction because of the actions you have done in ME1?


It is worth it. A lot of the decisions and actions you make in the first game impact the later two.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 12:40:21
March 28 2012 12:39 GMT
#2816
On March 28 2012 21:14 Bloodash wrote:
is it worth it playing ME1 and taking your saves over from ME2 to ME3? or is there no special interaction because of the actions you have done in ME1?


I'm going to write an entirely spoiler free response, although it's kind of challenging. This post is specfically about the story lines as well, rather than the ending controversy (if you don't know what I mean and are trying to avoid spoilers don't look it up, but this post wouldn't make sense to some without adding that).

It definitely has an impact on your game. It will affect dialog and how you engage with the story in ME2 and ME3. Relationships you build up are continued or referenced, some characters will be there or not and some others might not for different reasons. Decisions and relationships in both 1 and 2 are both significant in the events of the sequels, and if you haven't played the games at all yet I'd very much suggest starting with the first one if you're in it for the RPG/story side of things as it does make the game a lot more immersive, and your decisions will matter. If you start on the second or third the mechanics and combat of the original might seem very clunky, but that's mostly because of how well they iron things out.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 12:56:55
March 28 2012 12:45 GMT
#2817
On March 28 2012 21:36 Dreamer.T wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 21:14 Bloodash wrote:
is it worth it playing ME1 and taking your saves over from ME2 to ME3? or is there no special interaction because of the actions you have done in ME1?


It is worth it. A lot of the decisions and actions you make in the first game impact the later two.

Yea this is a no brainer. You simply become way more invested in the franchise story because you are living with these characters and your choices for a much longer period of time, so the impact and progression of all of these variables mean a lot more to you personally. I would go as far to say that if you haven't played ME 1 or 2, that you should not play 3 until you have done so as it completely changes your perspective on things. That, and ME1 I think is my favorite story arc of the three.
Administrator
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 28 2012 13:01 GMT
#2818
Oh God I just had the best game of my life.
4 Salarians
4 Infiltrators
4 Different sniper rifles

We wrecked SHIT. I mean cerb was reduced to their spawn points basically on gold. Never had such a rapefest on gold in my life. Proxy mines were flying as often as them damn bullets.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 13:05:54
March 28 2012 13:04 GMT
#2819
Yeah it's definitely worth it. A simple example: I romanced Ash in ME1, Miranda in ME2, and Miranda again in my first playthrough of ME3. I found the Miranda romance to be incredibly disappointing as there was barely any screen time with her, but more importantly during my playthrough I fully felt connected to these people and all my interactions with them. Ash tested the waters with me and no one else tried anything with me as they knew I had a connection with Ash/Miranda from ME1/2.

Because I felt really disappointed with the Miranda romance I decided to romance Liara on my second playthrough. I had heard that to experience a full relationship with her I should download a save file where Sheperd romances Liara in ME1 and doesn't cheat on her in ME2. I imported the save and began playing, and sure enough once I met her on Mars there were hints that we were in a relationship. Unexpectedly, I felt weird. It felt like I had stepped into someone else's shoes completely. I had not experienced the build up to our relationship from ME1 and 2 and as a result the flirting felt a little strange.

I will probably continue on this playthrough because I simply can't be bothered to replay ME1 and 2, but I would certainly recommend it to others if they want to fully immerse themselves in a relationship. This advice actually extends to the entire game. It is nice to have all those little things that make you go 'oh yeaaaah I remember when I did that.' An alternative that I might do is to watch everything to do with your choice in ME1/2 on Youtube.

Of course the ending doesn't give a flying fuck but oh wells ~
Moderator
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 28 2012 13:11 GMT
#2820
Call me homophobic but I feel there were too many gay undertones in ME3. I saved Kaidan and in ME3 he wanted to become buttbuddies on the Citadel at one point ewwww.
Then the gay shuttle pilot - Cortez hugging me and shit like that.
And finally Garrus hinting on marriage. I mean - WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can't you see I like boobs for god's sake? I'm already knocking Liara's boots. And no, manboobs don't count, so don't grow any for me. Don't call me, and don't invite me to your sausagefests.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 118
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli680
Other Games
summit1g9749
olofmeister984
Happy284
crisheroes190
Sick169
KnowMe100
Pyrionflax83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV108
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 3m
Replay Cast
14h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.