• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 135

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 179 Next
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 24 2012 08:09 GMT
#2681
So been playing my Drell Adapt alot more and now that hes 20 i do see noticeable amount of damage coming from reave vs everything that has no sheilds. On gold I can easly take out a Brute on my own using Reave + Paladin. Phantoms are also just cannon fodder to me.

Couldn't kill an engineer to save my life though >_<. No way to deal with sheilds except for shooting
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 24 2012 13:25 GMT
#2682
On March 24 2012 17:09 Orcasgt24 wrote:
So been playing my Drell Adapt alot more and now that hes 20 i do see noticeable amount of damage coming from reave vs everything that has no sheilds. On gold I can easly take out a Brute on my own using Reave + Paladin. Phantoms are also just cannon fodder to me.

Couldn't kill an engineer to save my life though >_<. No way to deal with sheilds except for shooting

Asari > Drell, Stasis + 'Splosion counters just about everything
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
March 24 2012 13:31 GMT
#2683
On March 24 2012 14:19 killa_robot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 09:36 turdburgler wrote:
On March 24 2012 08:59 Firepaw292 wrote:
On March 24 2012 08:38 Harrad wrote:
I believe the Mass Effect trilogy is massively (tehe) overrated. Sure Mass Effect 1 was great, I love it and think its by far the best of the three, but 2 and 3 werent like phenomenal games, not even great, just good games with arguably weak and cheesy story lines and concepts (like deus ex machina).


That's crazy. I think the series is one of the best video game trilogies like ever made. And after ME1 I think it only improved all the way. I never liked the heating up on weapons and just the combat in general. Shepard also sounded kind of cheesy to stuff and I think his responses are much better now. The way the romances were in ME1 were the best though I think. To each his own I guess.


ive only played me3, can you compare and contrast from me1? i found the whole romance thing in me3 quite shallow really. give paragon responses to everything they say and then turn down everyone else = romance.

then they treat you the same in every conversation afterwards, and only come back to your room on the night before the final mission. i really wish you could have real relationships (not just romances) with your crew, invite them up whenever you want to chat or do whatever, the comms girl likes chess, and then more things like shooting with garrus. except actually playing a shooting mini game rather than just making a choice whether to beat him or not in the game.

so much potential


Honestly I feel they did relationships much better in ME3, especially inter-crew relationships. One of the big things I felt was lacking in the first 2 were that crew barely acknowledged each others existence, even when they were saving the galaxy together.

There are some differences in dialog if you're in a relationship with a crew member, however I'll agree that it feels too easy to romance anyone. While I won't say I would want a mini-game to shoot with Garrus, I did enjoy those special interactions you could have with them. Granted some were much, much better than others.


The lessons of Dragon Age 2. The game failed in some critical respects, but at least it allowed Bioware to learn about character relationships.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 24 2012 13:33 GMT
#2684
Drell adepts are still pretty good, especially against reapers. Reave is amazing, and when combined with grenades it causes a biotic nuke. I don't have any points in pull myself.
Moderator
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 24 2012 13:44 GMT
#2685
I personally am having the most fun as the salarian infiltrator & engineer. Both have a great set of skills. Hell, even proximity mines can be used like grenades.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 24 2012 14:04 GMT
#2686
My biggest problem with the multiplayer is the fact that I don't have a black widow yet.. It's getting a bit rediculous at this point, I think there are only 2 gold weapons left I don't have at 10, and I only have the Talon and the Javelin 2 (javelin is horrible compared to widow btw). Most of my spectre packs now just contain a bunch of character cards, which I have no use for whatsoever because I have all of them at level 20. Their system is set up so that the chance of getting ultra rares doesn't actually increase as you stop getting the rare weapons, you just get crap like character cards and power resets instead.
Go big, or go home!
Buzzworth
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States14 Posts
March 24 2012 14:59 GMT
#2687
The Black Widow makes things very fun, though I've had horrible luck trying to get a second one to upgrade it at all. I've been pushing those special packs the past day now, hopefully I'll get something later today or tomorrow.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 24 2012 16:00 GMT
#2688
I find those new vet packs very satisfying. At the price of 33K (1 silver run) you get a chance for 2golds+. Me gusta
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 24 2012 16:03 GMT
#2689
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^
Go big, or go home!
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 17:45:36
March 24 2012 17:37 GMT
#2690
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?
On March 24 2012 22:33 Firebolt145 wrote:
Drell adepts are still pretty good, especially against reapers. Reave is amazing, and when combined with grenades it causes a biotic nuke. I don't have any points in pull myself.

Your doing it wrong IMO. Level 6 pull talents lets your biotic explosion deal 60% more damage. If you took nothing but duration and recharge buffs on reave it will still kill any enemy with a health bar on gold (Marauders/Centurions will require an additional second or two of reave damage after the explosion )
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 24 2012 17:39 GMT
#2691
On March 25 2012 02:37 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?

10. It's an achivement to get one at lvl 10 btw
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 24 2012 17:46 GMT
#2692
On March 25 2012 02:39 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 02:37 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?

10. It's an achivement to get one at lvl 10 btw

The achivement is for a level 10 weapon. I am asking about a mod, like Ultra Lightweight Materials or Heat Sink.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 24 2012 17:58 GMT
#2693
On March 25 2012 02:46 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 02:39 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 25 2012 02:37 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?

10. It's an achivement to get one at lvl 10 btw

The achivement is for a level 10 weapon. I am asking about a mod, like Ultra Lightweight Materials or Heat Sink.

Oh okay, misunderstood you, sorry.
Not sure about the mods, can't recall having any higher than V, not sure 'bout that though.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 24 2012 18:14 GMT
#2694
On March 25 2012 02:37 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:33 Firebolt145 wrote:
Drell adepts are still pretty good, especially against reapers. Reave is amazing, and when combined with grenades it causes a biotic nuke. I don't have any points in pull myself.

Your doing it wrong IMO. Level 6 pull talents lets your biotic explosion deal 60% more damage. If you took nothing but duration and recharge buffs on reave it will still kill any enemy with a health bar on gold (Marauders/Centurions will require an additional second or two of reave damage after the explosion )


Mods don't go higher then V. Also not skilling Pull is actually doing it right. Cluster grenades are so much better, and the drell adept is basicly straight up worse then the Asari Adept if you have to set up your own explosions. Basicly you want to be spamming drell to set up biotic explosions have have someone else blow them up with throw or something. Pull is bad because it only works on unshielded enemies and it can only set up explosions, not detonate them (unlike reave).
Go big, or go home!
Miyoshino
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
314 Posts
March 24 2012 20:11 GMT
#2695
On March 24 2012 06:31 kleetzor wrote:
A week is a little exaggerated, plus the explicitly say, when explaining the blueprints for the Crucible, that they were REALLY clear and easy to comprehend, since many cycles had worked on it before, and further developed/made the plans simpler.



Lol they only made the game say that because they agree with Warri it was not really believable. Yet you bring it up as an argument? They tried to patch up their weak spots at some points.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 24 2012 20:37 GMT
#2696
On March 25 2012 02:37 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 01:03 Tarias wrote:
I find them useless to be honest, I would rather see a Veteran Spectre pack for like 330k that has a guaranteed ultra rare ^_^

Ya a pack that contained all uncommons with at least 1 rare and a higher chance at ultra rare would be fantastic.

Is the max for weapon mods level 5 or 10?
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:33 Firebolt145 wrote:
Drell adepts are still pretty good, especially against reapers. Reave is amazing, and when combined with grenades it causes a biotic nuke. I don't have any points in pull myself.

Your doing it wrong IMO. Level 6 pull talents lets your biotic explosion deal 60% more damage. If you took nothing but duration and recharge buffs on reave it will still kill any enemy with a health bar on gold (Marauders/Centurions will require an additional second or two of reave damage after the explosion )

As said above, let someone else explode your Reaves. You should be running around from ammo pack to ammo pack spamming those cluster grenades. Pull is useful on bronze but starts becoming really limited on Silver and Gold where everything is protected against it.

If you really want to use Pull then you can go 6-3-6-5-6 where you forsake your heavy pistol skill in return for 3 points in Pull, but your biotic explosions won't be as powerful as when you combine two level 6 skills.
Moderator
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:48:13
March 24 2012 20:48 GMT
#2697
It's a bit stupid telling someone they min-maxed a Drell adept wrong....
If you're trying to min-max and picked a Drell adept you're ALREADY doing it wrong. Asaris are just way better.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
March 24 2012 21:45 GMT
#2698
On March 25 2012 05:48 Klive5ive wrote:
It's a bit stupid telling someone they min-maxed a Drell adept wrong....
If you're trying to min-max and picked a Drell adept you're ALREADY doing it wrong. Asaris are just way better.

Maybe some just want to play the character they have most fun with? Yeah strange concept I know.
Off-season = best season
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 22:06:19
March 24 2012 22:05 GMT
#2699
I just cannot seem to get the Carnifex or Asari Adept. I have Disciple V, Falcon VI, 6 respec cards, 5 item increases and a slew of other rare stuff, but no Widow, Black Widow, Carnifex, Paladin or Asari Adept. Oh well, Locust X is decent for my Sentinel.

What are other peoples experiences with pugging btw? I seem to win about 4 out of 5 silver pugs, but I havent tried gold yet. Kinda want to max out decent weapons for that.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 24 2012 22:05 GMT
#2700
On March 25 2012 05:48 Klive5ive wrote:
It's a bit stupid telling someone they min-maxed a Drell adept wrong....
If you're trying to min-max and picked a Drell adept you're ALREADY doing it wrong. Asaris are just way better.

It's a bit stupid calling using a drell adept 'wrong'. They're pretty damn good in the right situations, especially Gold-farming runs.
Moderator
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1436
RotterdaM998
TaKeTV 380
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub102
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1436
RotterdaM 998
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 140
ZombieGrub102
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1075
Fnx 680
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu794
Other Games
summit1g4083
Grubby2876
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
UpATreeSC63
ToD7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 190
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade556
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 42m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.