• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:29
CEST 18:29
KST 01:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 111

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 179 Next
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
March 19 2012 17:35 GMT
#2201
Since you can consider the ending to be a special type of non-canon. Both the ending and anything Bioware does after the ending don't have to be mutually exclusive.
twitch.tv/medrea
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 19 2012 17:58 GMT
#2202
Anyone else who's gotten the glitch that resets some of your max capacities to 0? Right now I can't use any missiles, medi-gel or ammo packs in-game, but now I got a "+1 missile capacity" which increased it to 1. (Should have been 3) Also, I have now 255 of all equipment sorts, as well as Incendiary Ammo... really strange >.>

(Bioware say that they're working on it, but who knows T.T)
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
March 19 2012 18:32 GMT
#2203
On March 20 2012 02:30 DragoonPK wrote:
Even though the ending was not the best part of the game I really don't want Bioware to change the ending just for the sake of pleasing people. Adding DLC after the ending is fine, but I would like for them to hold their ending, in the end it is their vision and you have to respect it regardless.


No, there's no reason to respect that ending.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
March 19 2012 20:18 GMT
#2204
On March 20 2012 02:30 DragoonPK wrote:
Even though the ending was not the best part of the game I really don't want Bioware to change the ending just for the sake of pleasing people. Adding DLC after the ending is fine, but I would like for them to hold their ending, in the end it is their vision and you have to respect it regardless.


You could hardly consider it their "vision." Was a piece of garbage rushed out because they ran out of time and didn't have a legit explanation. It was fucking awful.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 20:30:11
March 19 2012 20:27 GMT
#2205
+ Show Spoiler +
I really did wanted the reapers to win. Fuck biological life. Anyways it makes no sense for anything else to happen,the reapers were supposed to be all-knowing and almost omnipotent. But they die to threser mauls and commander Sheppard?Also I hating that stupid sub-plot with the little boy and then at the end with the image of the boy as the catalyst, is freaking retarded. The story went from something good to something with retarded religious connotations. OOOh its a miracle and everyone lives happily together in harmony, and in the end it was all controlled by some god like creature. SO FUCKING DUMB The fact that they added something beyond the reapers control, just pisses me off. Ruins the entire thing..
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
March 19 2012 20:31 GMT
#2206
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
The Pale King
Profile Joined June 2011
33 Posts
March 19 2012 20:35 GMT
#2207
Why is the ending bad? Because of what it isn't, or because of what it is? I don't understand how the ending is 'bad'. All I can tell is that people are, for some reason,angry because the game wasn't made exactly for that individual. Disrespect of an author's creative license is not a trait of critical analysis. If you feel like participating in a creative endeavor with that disrespect in mind not only do you sacrifice your ability to suspend disbelief, but also any type of critical relationship with the project. Stop taking video games so personally... you'll never be artistically satisfied with someone elses product if you engage it in this manner...
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 19 2012 20:42 GMT
#2208
On March 20 2012 05:31 Krowser wrote:
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.

Everything roflstomps through bronze
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
March 19 2012 20:47 GMT
#2209
On March 20 2012 05:35 The Pale King wrote:
Why is the ending bad? Because of what it isn't, or because of what it is? I don't understand how the ending is 'bad'. All I can tell is that people are, for some reason,angry because the game wasn't made exactly for that individual. Disrespect of an author's creative license is not a trait of critical analysis. If you feel like participating in a creative endeavor with that disrespect in mind not only do you sacrifice your ability to suspend disbelief, but also any type of critical relationship with the project. Stop taking video games so personally... you'll never be artistically satisfied with someone elses product if you engage it in this manner...


I think my post contains slightly too much information to not be spoilered, although it doesn't explicit give anything away.

+ Show Spoiler +

The problem was that the ending in no way resolves the story, breaks several claims made before it's release (some painfully so), undermines character development of the past 5 years, introduces several huge plot holes and literally introduces a new character in the last 5 minutes who just dictates the same ending to everyone regardless of any decisions up to that point while providing only a different coloured light and half a breath for decisions taken over the past 5 years.

If you're looking for specific explanations I can link several video's that explain several points, but I imagine you could find them or have already seen them.

The complaints for the most part have nothing to do with how they decided to end it story wise, but how they presented it given the series experiences thus far.

At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that
stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Bulkers
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 20:53:49
March 19 2012 20:53 GMT
#2210
I think endings, I mean the choices we get at the end are ok, + Show Spoiler +
the only thing that pisses me off are things that aren't logical like destruction of mass relay web, and Normandy out of nowhere in FTL. The biggest fail here is the reson of Reaper existance... in ME1 and ME2 Saren aka Harbinger told us that we cannot comprehand why Reaper are killing life in galaxy every 50k years, and then in ME3 the we finaly knows... Reapers need to kill us for our good, so we cant build sintetics that will kill us... Harbringer was right I cannot comprehand this
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 21:44:03
March 19 2012 21:00 GMT
#2211
What pisses me off most in that you get the same CGI movie with different colors regardless of what you do and no freaking Epilogue. I get my Red/Green/Blue CGI and then Credits roll. The whole last mission just doesn't look like there was put much effort into it , especially if you don't rush it but look around. You'll find tons of bugs/error/mistakes etc.

The last mission just screams that it was beeing rushed to meet deadlines. And theres nothing that can convince me otherwise anymore .
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 21:46:49
March 19 2012 21:44 GMT
#2212
On March 20 2012 05:35 The Pale King wrote:
Why is the ending bad? Because of what it isn't, or because of what it is? I don't understand how the ending is 'bad'. All I can tell is that people are, for some reason,angry because the game wasn't made exactly for that individual. Disrespect of an author's creative license is not a trait of critical analysis. If you feel like participating in a creative endeavor with that disrespect in mind not only do you sacrifice your ability to suspend disbelief, but also any type of critical relationship with the project. Stop taking video games so personally... you'll never be artistically satisfied with someone elses product if you engage it in this manner...


This has been posted, but I think this sums up very well what people don't like about the ending: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/6/

Obviously plot spoilers.

edit for personal opinion: I personally think that the ending might've been good if, the theory that is floating around, it was a movie or book. However, as a game, it simply doesn't work.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 21:58:53
March 19 2012 21:53 GMT
#2213
This is why ME3 doesn't make a lot of sense, particularly the ending, or at least the Reapers stated purpose.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image blocked]
twitch.tv/medrea
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 19 2012 21:56 GMT
#2214
On March 20 2012 06:53 Medrea wrote:
This is why ME3 doesn't make a lot of sense, particularly the ending, or at least the Reapers purpose.



+ Show Spoiler +
[image blocked]


That is indeed exactly what he says.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
March 19 2012 21:56 GMT
#2215
On March 20 2012 05:31 Krowser wrote:
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.


I'm loving the multiplayer. Up to about a week ago, no team has beaten the Reapers on Gold yet. Silver is very challenging IMO, although my regular squad doesn't have very good weapons.
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 22:03:35
March 19 2012 22:03 GMT
#2216
On March 20 2012 06:53 Medrea wrote:
This is why ME3 doesn't make a lot of sense, particularly the ending, or at least the Reapers stated purpose.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image blocked]


A+

Ending makes no sense whatsoever at all. I want a happy ending. Fuck realism. I didn't scan planets and unite the goddamn galaxy to get cheated by some dumb kid hologram.
Push 2 Harder
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 22:08:13
March 19 2012 22:07 GMT
#2217
On March 20 2012 05:35 The Pale King wrote:
Why is the ending bad? Because of what it isn't, or because of what it is? I don't understand how the ending is 'bad'. All I can tell is that people are, for some reason,angry because the game wasn't made exactly for that individual. Disrespect of an author's creative license is not a trait of critical analysis. If you feel like participating in a creative endeavor with that disrespect in mind not only do you sacrifice your ability to suspend disbelief, but also any type of critical relationship with the project. Stop taking video games so personally... you'll never be artistically satisfied with someone elses product if you engage it in this manner...


The first Mass Effect established an incredibly rich universe, and combined with "RPG elements" created a playerbase incredibly concerned with canon (you know, by attracting fans of RPGs, people typically concerned with lore). ME2 improved gameplay, kept its story arc inline with ME1 and so there wasn't much to complain about, other than that it was a transitional story and I find those boring if not done well. ME3 threw everything out the window. I'm quite fine "disrespecting" writers who first disrespected the universe they were creating in. Now, that would be if myself and others were actually disrespecting anyone... We aren't, and it's disrespectful to suggest we are. Plain and simple, ME3 was *rushed*.

If EA / Bioware wanted to avoid this fiasco, they should have hired Michael Bay from the get-go, created a Gears of War cover shooter clone and abandoned any attempt at a story. The only reason I play Mass Effect is for the story, and it was absolutely shit on. I wouldn't have started if I knew this is how it ended. Not because it's not how I would have ended things, but because it's simply a terrible conclusion.

Oh, and I do want a happy ending. I don't play games or read novels to get my dose of reality. I get that the second I open my eyes every morning.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 19 2012 22:17 GMT
#2218
On March 20 2012 06:56 Salv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 05:31 Krowser wrote:
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.


I'm loving the multiplayer. Up to about a week ago, no team has beaten the Reapers on Gold yet. Silver is very challenging IMO, although my regular squad doesn't have very good weapons.


Gold is ridiculously hard. I tried it once over the weekend with a very well organized team and made it to wave 9 against Cerberus. If one player makes a mistake and dies (or blows an assignment), it's gg.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
March 19 2012 22:19 GMT
#2219
On March 20 2012 02:58 HaXXspetten wrote:
Anyone else who's gotten the glitch that resets some of your max capacities to 0? Right now I can't use any missiles, medi-gel or ammo packs in-game, but now I got a "+1 missile capacity" which increased it to 1. (Should have been 3) Also, I have now 255 of all equipment sorts, as well as Incendiary Ammo... really strange >.>

(Bioware say that they're working on it, but who knows T.T)

No but as I said before I got the "reset all your kits glitch".
I've had the "randomly clip through the map" glitch about 3 times too.
I'm actually really pissed off about how unpolished this game is. I regret buying it purely because of that.
It's a goddam console game and it really shows.
Is it really that hard to make a menu screen that doesn't load 3 times and randomly lag?
On March 20 2012 06:56 Salv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 05:31 Krowser wrote:
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.


I'm loving the multiplayer. Up to about a week ago, no team has beaten the Reapers on Gold yet. Silver is very challenging IMO, although my regular squad doesn't have very good weapons.

Beating reapers is all about having imbalanced characters. There's no balance at all to the classes and races.
Asari Adept is a must, two is best. Then you want a Salarian Engineer and an Inflitrator. Make that team and it becomes almost trivial.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 19 2012 22:29 GMT
#2220
On March 20 2012 07:17 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 06:56 Salv wrote:
On March 20 2012 05:31 Krowser wrote:
So... aside from the ending..

Have you guys tried the Multiplayer? I think it's freaking awesome!

I made a Krogan Sentinel with every possible bonus in Melee. It easily roflstomps through Bronze but with silver you have to pick the right time to start raging around the map.


I'm loving the multiplayer. Up to about a week ago, no team has beaten the Reapers on Gold yet. Silver is very challenging IMO, although my regular squad doesn't have very good weapons.


Gold is ridiculously hard. I tried it once over the weekend with a very well organized team and made it to wave 9 against Cerberus. If one player makes a mistake and dies (or blows an assignment), it's gg.

Cerberus is a brutally unforgiving enemy. There is nothing more disheartening then getting an Atlas down to two bars of health only to see that Engineer you didn't know about quickly fix it to full life. Assault Troopers grenade spam is also very annoying. The AI loves to throw a grenade at your location, forcing you to evac it and a Sniper lines you up. I was very impressed when I saw this tactic for the 2nd and 3rd time. And Phantoms...

I do not understand why people think Reapers are hard on gold. The only dangerous foe is a Banshee (I admit this is the games most dangerous foe by far too). Brutes can be easily kited to death. Cannibals, Marauders and that Rachni thing are not very sturdy. Husks and swarmers are just annoying. Like all gold missions, you just need to use teamwork and be mobile. Having a very talented infiltrator is a huge bonus too. Miracle revives behind enemy lines are wave saving.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 122
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5710
Dendi1324
420jenkins284
XaKoH 140
League of Legends
Reynor72
Counter-Strike
fl0m3555
Fnx 684
x6flipin638
pashabiceps54
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes380
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1374
hiko981
FrodaN435
B2W.Neo395
Liquid`VortiX218
XBOCT200
Livibee173
QueenE108
TKL 82
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis3458
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 32m
Patches Events
23h 32m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.