• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8195 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 106

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 179 Next
Sitinte
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States499 Posts
March 18 2012 00:10 GMT
#2101
On March 18 2012 07:56 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 07:29 xDaunt wrote:
Shepard's the Badass of the Week. Here's my favorite part:

It needs to be mentioned that Shepard can be male or female, good or evil, black or white (although I have it on good authority from a Chinese-American friend that it's really hard to make him Asian without having it look like he's got some kind of creepy congenital birth defect), thus proving that badassitude isn't tied to gender, race, or creed. And while a ton of people love the Female Shepard forever until death do them part, I have to admit I don't know much about FemShep, except that she's definitely not a blonde, she's voiced by the same woman who did Bastila, and she gets to have erotic lesbian shower scenes with her subordinates (which of course is badass, but only if you enjoy sexy naked women with athletic builds rubbing each other down with loofas (and who doesn't)). Other than that I think she's pretty much the same as ManShep. All things considered, I personally chose to go with the dude version, mostly because any time my wife comes home and I can triumphantly inform her that I hooked up with a blue-skinned alien chick while she was at work it's a good day in my book (unemployment FTW).


http://badassoftheweek.com/shepard.html


lol yah I tried to make an asian shepard and wound up going with the default -_-



One of the presets in the character creator isn't bad; probably the best one of the bunch, although for an Asian, he seems much heftier than the other presets.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 00:14:12
March 18 2012 00:13 GMT
#2102
On March 18 2012 09:02 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 08:49 Firebolt145 wrote:
Yeah I'm currently on day 2 of playing MP, only just hit lvl 20 with my Asari Adept and am now trying other things out as well as dipping my toe into silver. The Drell Adept looks pretty fun and seems to require quite a bit of finesse to use well. I'm currently specc'ed 6-6-3-5-6 which is working rather well, though I'm using grenades much more than pull so I wish I could've changed that around. I was also confused for quite a while about whether Reave was working; didn't realise it wasn't supposed to actually give me HP. And oh god that Reave noise is fucking annoying.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Salarian Infiltrator unlocked. I already have Widow IV for heaven's sake.


I'm crying because I must have bought like 30 spectre packs by now and still don't have widow, let alone black widow. Every time I buy a spectre packs it's a fucking quarian something or krogan soldier card. Or more damn respecs+medigel capacity +rocket capacity. I can already rez 4x and fire 5 rockets. Fuck randomness so hard.
Oh and Eviscrator level 4. Gay ass shotguns.

Yeah I don't have black widow, but I have a load of upgraded shotguns which I don't use. I'm also currently all out of medigel. :D
Moderator
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
March 18 2012 00:40 GMT
#2103
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 18 2012 00:46 GMT
#2104
You just have to wait to buy the DLC :p
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Sky
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Jordan812 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 00:51:45
March 18 2012 00:46 GMT
#2105
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.


Seems to be a few inconsistencies with that final group dieing. Some people have reported that they show up outside of the Normandy post-relay-event, even though you took them with you for the final fight.

Everything I've read from the fans always seems to say that the final reaper was Harbinger.
...jumping into cold water whenever I get the chance.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 00:48:14
March 18 2012 00:47 GMT
#2106
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.



Still leaves some things up in the air like how Ashley always seems to die then reappear on the ship, but wtv.
Moderator
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 18 2012 01:00 GMT
#2107
On March 18 2012 08:36 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 08:25 Firebolt145 wrote:
Anyone else tried a Drell Adept yet in MP?


Can't deal with armored enemies as well as asari adepts. Cluster grenades in the long run are a poor substitute to warp+throw.
You can still biotic explode on non-armoured units with lift+reave, but armoured units give you trouble unless you babysit your nades. On gold they replenish 1-by-1 in crates and you have to make sure you hit with them. Also skilling nades takes away from life, much like asari's skill choices.
He's certainly usable on gold, but you need a decent team and more attention. You can't hide in a corner and biotic explosion everything that comes into view.


Reave spam rips apart armor incredibly fast.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
March 18 2012 01:07 GMT
#2108
Yeah I thought drell would suck as he can't combo but reave is actually REALLY strong
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 18 2012 01:09 GMT
#2109
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.


They say during the battle that Harbinger and several "Sovereign Class" reapers are coming to stop you. It is indeed Harbinger.

Also I had Ashley (love interest) and EDI with me on the final battle, and both of them walked out during the ending, so I dunno what the hell is up with that.
FireSA
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia555 Posts
March 18 2012 01:15 GMT
#2110
Mm so just did the silver reaper run to make sure I have earned that pack when released, first try, went fine. Looked a bit iffy at one point on wave 10 but people weren't stingy, used their medi gel packs and fought on. That being said people are still pretty bad at fighting harvesters and banshees at the same time, spatial awareness and making sure you dont drag two banshees into your teammates is something some really have to work on. Used my asari adept of course.

Also I think its ok only to get a partial extraction for that pack right? One guy died on us being a bit too excited on wave 11 but the rest made it, I think I read that that is ok, and even he will get one.

On that note, the million brute kills, do they count brutes from all difficulties? Because if they do I might go farm bronze reapers a little bit, just to help out as well as level some of my crappier characters..
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 18 2012 01:18 GMT
#2111
I know Reave does crazy damage against armor, does it work well against shields?
Moderator
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 18 2012 02:02 GMT
#2112
On March 18 2012 10:18 Firebolt145 wrote:
I know Reave does crazy damage against armor, does it work well against shields?


In a word: no.

Drell adept is as crazy as asari adept with some finesse, but needs a weapon that can reliably take down shields.

While Reave spam does work on shields, it's highly inefficient, which is why I carry a Locust at all times.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 04:04:18
March 18 2012 03:56 GMT
#2113
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.


Here you can find information or watch all possible endings, needless to say, it contains spoilers. From what I could gather, it's basically impossible to get the best ending with single player alone, despite what BioWare claims, which kinda sucks, multiplayer shouldn't affect singleplayer.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

+ Show Spoiler +
They do show up afterwards in some endings, basically everyone dies in others or something in between. I also felt the harbringer should play a bigger part in this game, he doesn't fell diferent from any other Reaper. It felt you had much more direct interaction with Reapers in ME and ME2, with Sovereign and Harbringer, than you got in ME3, which is weird, considering it's the big Reaper invasion and all.


I personally didn't mind the ending THAT much, not as much as some people seem to, but I felt the final parts of gameplay leading to it really anti-climatic.

+ Show Spoiler +
You fight waves and waves of enemy, then comes the time of the final big baddass boss battle every game should end with, and then everyone dies. But you don't actually die, yet you still get so fucked up you know there won't actually be any more gameplay. I didn't really like the final boss in ME2, but at least that felt like an ending, in this one I just felt like they cut the game near the end and gave me an storyline ending. Games like this should have final bosses, just a tough wave of regular enemies didn't cut it for me.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 08:08:01
March 18 2012 08:00 GMT
#2114
After reading all the hate comments on various sites of the internet and finally beating the game myself I gotta say I am way happier about the ending than I thought I would be. My choices in the previous games didn't really matter much but I really was expecting them too coming into ME3 anyway.

Overall I actually liked the ending I got which was controlling the reapers. I wish I would have had more renegade points for the little convo at the end with The Illusive Man. Up to that point my half renegade half paragon Shepard could do all the convo options until the VERY last choice... where I wasn't charming/forceful enough.

Also just read about how you can only increase readiness rating by playing Multiplayer... and I gotta say that is a very very very dirty and dumb move. I didn't want to play Multiplayer to decrease my chances of getting spoiled... also I just didn't want to play some shitty multiplayer.
Retvrn to Forvms
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 18 2012 08:28 GMT
#2115
On March 18 2012 17:00 Chrispy wrote:
After reading all the hate comments on various sites of the internet and finally beating the game myself I gotta say I am way happier about the ending than I thought I would be. My choices in the previous games didn't really matter much but I really was expecting them too coming into ME3 anyway.

Overall I actually liked the ending I got which was controlling the reapers. I wish I would have had more renegade points for the little convo at the end with The Illusive Man. Up to that point my half renegade half paragon Shepard could do all the convo options until the VERY last choice... where I wasn't charming/forceful enough.

Also just read about how you can only increase readiness rating by playing Multiplayer... and I gotta say that is a very very very dirty and dumb move. I didn't want to play Multiplayer to decrease my chances of getting spoiled... also I just didn't want to play some shitty multiplayer.

you dont need to play the multiplayer to reach the 3k mark where everything is unlocked tho. it just makes it easier to reach
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 18 2012 08:38 GMT
#2116
On March 18 2012 17:28 ragnorr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 17:00 Chrispy wrote:
After reading all the hate comments on various sites of the internet and finally beating the game myself I gotta say I am way happier about the ending than I thought I would be. My choices in the previous games didn't really matter much but I really was expecting them too coming into ME3 anyway.

Overall I actually liked the ending I got which was controlling the reapers. I wish I would have had more renegade points for the little convo at the end with The Illusive Man. Up to that point my half renegade half paragon Shepard could do all the convo options until the VERY last choice... where I wasn't charming/forceful enough.

Also just read about how you can only increase readiness rating by playing Multiplayer... and I gotta say that is a very very very dirty and dumb move. I didn't want to play Multiplayer to decrease my chances of getting spoiled... also I just didn't want to play some shitty multiplayer.

you dont need to play the multiplayer to reach the 3k mark where everything is unlocked tho. it just makes it easier to reach

yeah you can well go over 3k with just 50% which at least according to the coalesced.bin file is all you need to get any ending. And i've been though that file quite a bit.
[image loading]
who enjoys my casual appearance, too casual?
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
March 18 2012 09:27 GMT
#2117
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.


well edi cant die because she is actually on the ship, even if that body dies on the surface. also. Bioware just said *FKK ALL* and just plain doesn't give a crap what happens in the ending. It is never explained what happens to anyone in your crew. They just gave up and gave some random context and no final ending.
Die tomorrow - Live today
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
March 18 2012 10:51 GMT
#2118
On March 18 2012 18:27 DarKcS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 09:40 intrigue wrote:
whatever happened to harbinger? was he that last reaper guarding the beam of light? the 4 yellow eyes look familiar, but i don't know if that's a common reaper feature. also, is it assumed that whoever you had with you on the ground dies? because that fucking sucks. i'm not even that concerned about the ending(s), i just feel bad for my girls tali and edi.


well edi cant die because she is actually on the ship, even if that body dies on the surface. also. Bioware just said *FKK ALL* and just plain doesn't give a crap what happens in the ending. It is never explained what happens to anyone in your crew. They just gave up and gave some random context and no final ending.


Even with the controversial ending you have to admit that the Mass Effect series is well written.

This can either stand as a testament to the writing of Mass Effect itself or a tribute to how shitty other video games are at telling a story in general. Either way, ending and all, ME is a refreshing taste since Silent Hill 2.
twitch.tv/medrea
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
March 18 2012 11:01 GMT
#2119
Ending may have not lived up to the promises Bioware made but I don't think it was that bad, you know what they say it's the journey that matters not the destination. Takes more than a lacking ending to ruin the game for me, I wasn't really expecting a 2 hours ending that goes through what happened to everyone after the war in the first place.

I got the "best ending" with effective 4900ish military strength. Did play some multiplayer to up my readiness a little but don't think I'l be playing that anymore, got boring pretty fast.

One thing that bothered me a little was + Show Spoiler +
Tali climbing out from Normandy after the crash even though I had her at my last mission.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
March 18 2012 11:07 GMT
#2120
On March 18 2012 20:01 Vaelone wrote:
One thing that bothered me a little was + Show Spoiler +
Tali climbing out from Normandy after the crash even though I had her at my last mission.


+ Show Spoiler +
None of that part of the ending makes sense actually. While its expected for the writers to lose track of minor plotholes, that is simply not one of them.

The person that walks out at the very very end is always the romance option if I am not mistaken. And most people bring there romance option with them to the final battle. Joker/Normandy was supposed to be involved in the final battle anyway, not fucking around in some random ass relay.

Thus I maintain that none of that ending is grounded or canon. In fact it is so far off the track that there is no way the writers thought it made sense, i give them more credit than that since they did write the rest of the series afterall.

However the "N7 breathing" at the end of the destroy path, that small 5 second segment makes more sense than the rest of the entire 2 minute ending.
twitch.tv/medrea
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 116
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift414
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft208
Maynarde16
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.