• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7932 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 105

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 179 Next
deepfield1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States373 Posts
March 17 2012 21:38 GMT
#2081
I loved 95% of this game. The ending was a shame.. although the EPIC Clint Mansell piece at the end almost saved it for me.

One of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard.

Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
March 17 2012 21:46 GMT
#2082
without many spoilers, even though i don't mind, how many romances can i do in my first run. I imported my ME2 guy but I'm at the crossroads of choosing which one. I heard that there are some characters that once you commit to them the others are long gone. in ME2 i got with 2, Jack and Tali
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
March 17 2012 21:46 GMT
#2083
WE HAVE TO KILL BRUTES, PEOPLE
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 17 2012 21:47 GMT
#2084
Did the server just go down for everyone else as well?
Moderator
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 22:15:06
March 17 2012 22:09 GMT
#2085
This is another one of those endings where the writers, for whatever reason, decided not to give full closure to the series.

I remember a loooong time ago a major developer said "hold onto your Mass Effect 3 saves" which in my mind means the series isn't done with 3. Even though the major plot points could be wrapped up. The rest in spoilers:

+ Show Spoiler +
There is a theory on the ending called "indoctrination theory" that says much of the ending is just Shepard dealing with indoctrination or hallucinations or both.

Also AFAIK the N7 breathing bit only happens if you pick the destroy route. Since this is the only ending with a bonus reel I assume that this ending is actually the canon ending. I also assume it points to Shepard.

So this is how I see the near future playing out, or if Bioware is completely done with ME3, this is how I see the story being played out.

Shepard destroys the reapers, the bit about wiping out all synthetic life is a ploy by the reapers creators to stop Shepard from killing the reapers. Why give Shepard the chance to destroy the reapers? I'm not sure but this is where Indoctrination Theory steps in and says that we are witnessing Shepards perception of reality, but not reality as it truly is. Shepard manages to complete his mission despite indoctrination because he is a badass that way.

At the moment we have dead reapers and a dead Sol system relay, so all the races fleets are trapped in Sol with eachother. I assume Bioware will write it so the relays weren't all destroyed, but damaged, and another game will be about reactivating the relays one at a time. Re-exploration of the galaxy and wiping out the remaining reaper threat, including a possible new threat, would make for an excellent and compelling arc.


If I go with my bit above. The ending is actually fairly well written, though obviously very incomplete. Transient and hard to pin endings only work if they are explained plainly at some point in time. We need Bioware to release some canon after the events of ME3 in order to actually an opinion on the ending at all!
twitch.tv/medrea
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 17 2012 22:22 GMT
#2086
Random funny thing if the ending theories are true:

+ Show Spoiler +

When talking to Ash after you try to get on the Normandy from the Citadel after doing the Tuchanka...

Ash: 'How do you fight something that worms its way into your head?'
Shep: 'I don't know but we don't have a choice.'

Made me lol abit atleast.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 17 2012 22:29 GMT
#2087
Shepard's the Badass of the Week. Here's my favorite part:

It needs to be mentioned that Shepard can be male or female, good or evil, black or white (although I have it on good authority from a Chinese-American friend that it's really hard to make him Asian without having it look like he's got some kind of creepy congenital birth defect), thus proving that badassitude isn't tied to gender, race, or creed. And while a ton of people love the Female Shepard forever until death do them part, I have to admit I don't know much about FemShep, except that she's definitely not a blonde, she's voiced by the same woman who did Bastila, and she gets to have erotic lesbian shower scenes with her subordinates (which of course is badass, but only if you enjoy sexy naked women with athletic builds rubbing each other down with loofas (and who doesn't)). Other than that I think she's pretty much the same as ManShep. All things considered, I personally chose to go with the dude version, mostly because any time my wife comes home and I can triumphantly inform her that I hooked up with a blue-skinned alien chick while she was at work it's a good day in my book (unemployment FTW).


http://badassoftheweek.com/shepard.html
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 17 2012 22:44 GMT
#2088
On March 18 2012 06:46 lynx.oblige wrote:
WE HAVE TO KILL BRUTES, PEOPLE


I won't till they acknowledge that they dropped the ball pretty hard on the ending.
Bd.Snake
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia163 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 22:50:36
March 17 2012 22:49 GMT
#2089
i finished me2 and me1 but i don't have alot of time on my hands anymore so i was wondering if this game was worth playing i heard i was more of a shooter like gears of war and i hated that game so can anyone tell me what it's like please
i loved the story of me1 and didn't really like me2 story
Well see the thing of it is you know theres alot of ugly people out there walking around but they dont know there ugly because nobody actually tells them
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
March 17 2012 22:56 GMT
#2090
On March 18 2012 07:29 xDaunt wrote:
Shepard's the Badass of the Week. Here's my favorite part:

Show nested quote +
It needs to be mentioned that Shepard can be male or female, good or evil, black or white (although I have it on good authority from a Chinese-American friend that it's really hard to make him Asian without having it look like he's got some kind of creepy congenital birth defect), thus proving that badassitude isn't tied to gender, race, or creed. And while a ton of people love the Female Shepard forever until death do them part, I have to admit I don't know much about FemShep, except that she's definitely not a blonde, she's voiced by the same woman who did Bastila, and she gets to have erotic lesbian shower scenes with her subordinates (which of course is badass, but only if you enjoy sexy naked women with athletic builds rubbing each other down with loofas (and who doesn't)). Other than that I think she's pretty much the same as ManShep. All things considered, I personally chose to go with the dude version, mostly because any time my wife comes home and I can triumphantly inform her that I hooked up with a blue-skinned alien chick while she was at work it's a good day in my book (unemployment FTW).


http://badassoftheweek.com/shepard.html


lol yah I tried to make an asian shepard and wound up going with the default -_-
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 22:56:50
March 17 2012 22:56 GMT
#2091
On March 18 2012 07:49 Bd.Snake wrote:
i finished me2 and me1 but i don't have alot of time on my hands anymore so i was wondering if this game was worth playing i heard i was more of a shooter like gears of war and i hated that game so can anyone tell me what it's like please
i loved the story of me1 and didn't really like me2 story



improved ME2 gameplay wise
Althares
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 22:58:20
March 17 2012 22:57 GMT
#2092
On March 18 2012 07:49 Bd.Snake wrote:
i finished me2 and me1 but i don't have alot of time on my hands anymore so i was wondering if this game was worth playing i heard i was more of a shooter like gears of war and i hated that game so can anyone tell me what it's like please
i loved the story of me1 and didn't really like me2 story


@ Bd Snake - It's definitely worth playing, Mass Effect 3's story line (minus the controversial ending) is dazzling. I liked both ME3 and ME1's stories better than 2.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 17 2012 23:16 GMT
#2093
On March 18 2012 07:57 Althares wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 07:49 Bd.Snake wrote:
i finished me2 and me1 but i don't have alot of time on my hands anymore so i was wondering if this game was worth playing i heard i was more of a shooter like gears of war and i hated that game so can anyone tell me what it's like please
i loved the story of me1 and didn't really like me2 story


@ Bd Snake - It's definitely worth playing, Mass Effect 3's story line (minus the controversial ending) is dazzling. I liked both ME3 and ME1's stories better than 2.


ME 2 had a rather small story. The focus were the characters. I think they succeeded there.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 17 2012 23:25 GMT
#2094
Anyone else tried a Drell Adept yet in MP?
Moderator
MalebrancheSC
Profile Joined January 2011
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 23:32:51
March 17 2012 23:32 GMT
#2095
I found the drell adept a little lacking in damage, the mobility was really fun but against the reapers, or really anything on higher difficulties he seemed super squishy. Maybe that's because I'm used to playing a Turian Sentinel and don't have too many strong weapons atm, just my impression. I was also a little disappointed that Reave didn't actually literally drain health, only damage and provide a damage reduction to your character. The roundhouse kicks and side flips were fun though.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 17 2012 23:36 GMT
#2096
On March 18 2012 08:25 Firebolt145 wrote:
Anyone else tried a Drell Adept yet in MP?


Can't deal with armored enemies as well as asari adepts. Cluster grenades in the long run are a poor substitute to warp+throw.
You can still biotic explode on non-armoured units with lift+reave, but armoured units give you trouble unless you babysit your nades. On gold they replenish 1-by-1 in crates and you have to make sure you hit with them. Also skilling nades takes away from life, much like asari's skill choices.
He's certainly usable on gold, but you need a decent team and more attention. You can't hide in a corner and biotic explosion everything that comes into view.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 23:51:17
March 17 2012 23:49 GMT
#2097
Yeah I'm currently on day 2 of playing MP, only just hit lvl 20 with my Asari Adept and am now trying other things out as well as dipping my toe into silver. The Drell Adept looks pretty fun and seems to require quite a bit of finesse to use well. I'm currently specc'ed 6-6-3-5-6 which is working rather well, though I'm using grenades much more than pull so I wish I could've changed that around. I was also confused for quite a while about whether Reave was working; didn't realise it wasn't supposed to actually give me HP. And oh god that Reave noise is fucking annoying.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Salarian Infiltrator unlocked. I already have Widow IV for heaven's sake.
Moderator
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
March 17 2012 23:58 GMT
#2098
JUst beat the Reapers on silver and holy shit are they difficult.
The best way to deal with Banshees is just to avoid them until they are fairly isolated. If not heavy weapons are recommended.
Fortunatly they fixed the connection issue I had in the demo but the store is annoying. Always this "Searching for outstanding offers". It takes more time to buy a pack then leveling up...
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 00:02:42
March 18 2012 00:02 GMT
#2099
On March 18 2012 08:49 Firebolt145 wrote:
Yeah I'm currently on day 2 of playing MP, only just hit lvl 20 with my Asari Adept and am now trying other things out as well as dipping my toe into silver. The Drell Adept looks pretty fun and seems to require quite a bit of finesse to use well. I'm currently specc'ed 6-6-3-5-6 which is working rather well, though I'm using grenades much more than pull so I wish I could've changed that around. I was also confused for quite a while about whether Reave was working; didn't realise it wasn't supposed to actually give me HP. And oh god that Reave noise is fucking annoying.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Salarian Infiltrator unlocked. I already have Widow IV for heaven's sake.


I'm crying because I must have bought like 30 spectre packs by now and still don't have widow, let alone black widow. Every time I buy a spectre packs it's a fucking quarian something or krogan soldier card. Or more damn respecs+medigel capacity +rocket capacity. I can already rez 4x and fire 5 rockets. Fuck randomness so hard.
Oh and Eviscrator level 4. Gay ass shotguns.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Hipsv
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
135 Posts
March 18 2012 00:07 GMT
#2100
So many noob Krogan soldiers who just charge in spam melee and die over and over again are destroying the silver reaper missions rofl.
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 195
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 769
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g13581
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 13m
Replay Cast
20h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.