• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:26
CEST 10:26
KST 17:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8726 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 107

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 179 Next
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
March 18 2012 12:19 GMT
#2121
Man, people are really slow to realise that staying in one spot vs Reapers = bad idea. With this multiplayer challenge going I see so many tactical mistakes. Trying to fight Brutes/Banshees while Ravagers are pounding away freely really doesnt work. Also I cannot understand why people insist on starting Wave 11 at the extraction zone vs Reapers. Its guaranteed chaos.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 12:30:01
March 18 2012 12:27 GMT
#2122
On March 18 2012 21:19 Mastermyth wrote:
Man, people are really slow to realise that staying in one spot vs Reapers = bad idea. With this multiplayer challenge going I see so many tactical mistakes. Trying to fight Brutes/Banshees while Ravagers are pounding away freely really doesnt work. Also I cannot understand why people insist on starting Wave 11 at the extraction zone vs Reapers. Its guaranteed chaos.


On silver it doesn't matter. Yes it does require teamwork and focus fire from the team, but defending 1 spot is perfectly feasible. On gold I agree. You have to rotate because the sheer amounts of brutes/banshees/ravagers WILL make you to.

OMG just unlocked the Black Widow. Tears are falling down my cheeks and I'm screaming like a little school girl. Best feeling in the world.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 13:15:02
March 18 2012 13:14 GMT
#2123
problem is when even on silver people with N7 80 or better still dont understand that it might be good to focus that banshee before she gets into the team and sends everyone into chaos. And there were no ravagers around, just this one banshee and some trash mobs

and you really have to love those Vanguards on gold who run into the mobs and die all the time and then people run to rezz them and then they die too....
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 15:25:32
March 18 2012 15:24 GMT
#2124
I just beat my first silver game ever, against reapers as the drell vanguard with the falcon gun. That gun needs to get nerfed. All I did was run around doing crazy damage without aiming and throwing nades for more crazy damage, occasionally biotic charging whenever my shields went down.

I just promoted my adepts because I'm not happy with the way I leveled them. I can't decide between making my drell adept into a falcon gunner with reave and grenades (no points in pull) or keeping him as a standard reave spammer with the carnifex. Both seem really strong.
Moderator
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 18 2012 15:35 GMT
#2125
On March 19 2012 00:24 Firebolt145 wrote:
I just beat my first silver game ever, against reapers as the drell vanguard with the falcon gun. That gun needs to get nerfed. All I did was run around doing crazy damage without aiming and throwing nades for more crazy damage, occasionally biotic charging whenever my shields went down.

I just promoted my adepts because I'm not happy with the way I leveled them. I can't decide between making my drell adept into a falcon gunner with reave and grenades (no points in pull) or keeping him as a standard reave spammer with the carnifex. Both seem really strong.


I get the sense with Drell that you want them to be gunners.

With regards to the Falcon, do you notice it ever firing "blanks?" I have the scorpion, and like half the shots fail to register for me.
Sitinte
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States499 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 15:37:43
March 18 2012 15:37 GMT
#2126
On March 19 2012 00:35 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:24 Firebolt145 wrote:
I just beat my first silver game ever, against reapers as the drell vanguard with the falcon gun. That gun needs to get nerfed. All I did was run around doing crazy damage without aiming and throwing nades for more crazy damage, occasionally biotic charging whenever my shields went down.

I just promoted my adepts because I'm not happy with the way I leveled them. I can't decide between making my drell adept into a falcon gunner with reave and grenades (no points in pull) or keeping him as a standard reave spammer with the carnifex. Both seem really strong.


I get the sense with Drell that you want them to be gunners.

With regards to the Falcon, do you notice it ever firing "blanks?" I have the scorpion, and like half the shots fail to register for me.


Falcon/Scorpion is heavily dependent on your connection. I stopped using it after I found out, since my dorm's internet connection is terrible.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 18 2012 15:44 GMT
#2127
On March 19 2012 00:37 Sitinte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:35 xDaunt wrote:
On March 19 2012 00:24 Firebolt145 wrote:
I just beat my first silver game ever, against reapers as the drell vanguard with the falcon gun. That gun needs to get nerfed. All I did was run around doing crazy damage without aiming and throwing nades for more crazy damage, occasionally biotic charging whenever my shields went down.

I just promoted my adepts because I'm not happy with the way I leveled them. I can't decide between making my drell adept into a falcon gunner with reave and grenades (no points in pull) or keeping him as a standard reave spammer with the carnifex. Both seem really strong.


I get the sense with Drell that you want them to be gunners.

With regards to the Falcon, do you notice it ever firing "blanks?" I have the scorpion, and like half the shots fail to register for me.


Falcon/Scorpion is heavily dependent on your connection. I stopped using it after I found out, since my dorm's internet connection is terrible.


Yeah, that's what I heard. I have a good internet connection, but apparently I can still get screwed if my connection to the host isn't good. BioWare has said that they're looking into the issue, so hopefully they fix it soon.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 18 2012 15:47 GMT
#2128
On March 18 2012 17:38 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 17:28 ragnorr wrote:
On March 18 2012 17:00 Chrispy wrote:
After reading all the hate comments on various sites of the internet and finally beating the game myself I gotta say I am way happier about the ending than I thought I would be. My choices in the previous games didn't really matter much but I really was expecting them too coming into ME3 anyway.

Overall I actually liked the ending I got which was controlling the reapers. I wish I would have had more renegade points for the little convo at the end with The Illusive Man. Up to that point my half renegade half paragon Shepard could do all the convo options until the VERY last choice... where I wasn't charming/forceful enough.

Also just read about how you can only increase readiness rating by playing Multiplayer... and I gotta say that is a very very very dirty and dumb move. I didn't want to play Multiplayer to decrease my chances of getting spoiled... also I just didn't want to play some shitty multiplayer.

you dont need to play the multiplayer to reach the 3k mark where everything is unlocked tho. it just makes it easier to reach

yeah you can well go over 3k with just 50% which at least according to the coalesced.bin file is all you need to get any ending. And i've been though that file quite a bit.
[image loading]
who enjoys my casual appearance, too casual?


I had around 3.3k effective military strenght and didn't get the best ending. It lacks a small scene that lasts less than 5 seconds, but it's still a diferent ending. That's basically one of the biggest issues, they say they made like 15 endings, but they really just small diferences in a scene or another, even the big 3 endings are almost the same cutscene. From what I could find, you would need over 8k total militay strenght to get the best ending with single player alone, and it seems impossible to get that much.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
March 18 2012 15:52 GMT
#2129
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 18 2012 15:58 GMT
#2130
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

You can get over 4000 if you make the right choices in the previous games. I forget all of the details, but I know that you have to save the Rachni, save wrex, and let the council die in Mass Effect 1. I don't remember what you have to do in 2 other than saving all of your squadmates and keeping them all loyal.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 18 2012 16:18 GMT
#2131
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
and let the council die in Mass Effect 1.

What, really?
Moderator
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 18 2012 16:25 GMT
#2132
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

You can get over 4000 if you make the right choices in the previous games. I forget all of the details, but I know that you have to save the Rachni, save wrex, and let the council die in Mass Effect 1. I don't remember what you have to do in 2 other than saving all of your squadmates and keeping them all loyal.


It's really silly if you have to make virtually every single "right" decision in all 3 games to get the best ending, specially since it's really hard to predict some of them are the "right" ones. You should be able to do it with the default ME3 choices that you get if you can't import a save, which I assume is impossible since you don't recruit/save some of your old teammates, and importing a save should make it easier.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 18 2012 16:26 GMT
#2133
On March 19 2012 01:18 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
and let the council die in Mass Effect 1.

What, really?


The council in ME1 are all jerks in ME3 because they won't immediately lend you aid. Whereas if you kill them all, then you get an all-human council.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 18 2012 16:27 GMT
#2134
On March 19 2012 01:25 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

You can get over 4000 if you make the right choices in the previous games. I forget all of the details, but I know that you have to save the Rachni, save wrex, and let the council die in Mass Effect 1. I don't remember what you have to do in 2 other than saving all of your squadmates and keeping them all loyal.


It's really silly if you have to make virtually every single "right" decision in all 3 games to get the best ending, specially since it's really hard to predict some of them are the "right" ones. You should be able to do it with the default ME3 choices that you get if you can't import a save, which I assume is impossible since you don't recruit/save some of your old teammates, and importing a save should make it easier.


Well, you only have to make every single "right" decision if you don't play MP. Also, I think that you have to do some of the DLC's to get the perfect ending.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 18 2012 16:28 GMT
#2135
On March 19 2012 01:26 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 01:18 Firebolt145 wrote:
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
and let the council die in Mass Effect 1.

What, really?


The council in ME1 are all jerks in ME3 because they won't immediately lend you aid. Whereas if you kill them all, then you get an all-human council.

Makes sense I suppose. Too bad I'm paragon through and through lol.
Moderator
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 16:41:41
March 18 2012 16:40 GMT
#2136
I let them die, doesnt change anything. Counsil is: asari, turian, salarian, human. and udina is on it (i chose anderson)

so much for: your choices matter
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
March 18 2012 16:41 GMT
#2137
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
March 18 2012 16:43 GMT
#2138
most of the time you get a generic stand in for squadmates that died in me2
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 18 2012 16:55 GMT
#2139
On March 19 2012 01:40 Snotling wrote:
I let them die, doesnt change anything. Counsil is: asari, turian, salarian, human. and udina is on it (i chose anderson)

so much for: your choices matter

Anderson resigned from his post at some point in ME2 or its dlc, I can't remember.
Moderator
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
March 18 2012 17:23 GMT
#2140
On March 19 2012 00:58 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

You can get over 4000 if you make the right choices in the previous games. I forget all of the details, but I know that you have to save the Rachni, save wrex, and let the council die in Mass Effect 1. I don't remember what you have to do in 2 other than saving all of your squadmates and keeping them all loyal.


My only difference from what you mentioned is that I saved the council. I really don't see how it would let me get almost 700 TMS. If you know more, I would be glad to hear it. I'm very curious about it.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 546
Larva 74
Hyun 49
Killer 41
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 32
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward290
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister1263
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes88
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt350
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 35m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.