• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8747 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 108

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 179 Next
toemn
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany915 Posts
March 18 2012 17:28 GMT
#2141
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.


I made the same experience. Exactly the same EMS like you (36xx) with 50% readiness. I've completed nearly every sidequest plus all DLC missions (Kasumi; Zaeed, etc.).
I'm sure they said before that it's definitely possible to reach the best ending without the MP. Oh wait all endings suck but nevermind :D.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 18 2012 17:29 GMT
#2142
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.


+ Show Spoiler +
You managed to kill Tali in ME3? How did you manage to do that?

I had a similar reaction when I managed to let Eve die. I didn't diffuse the bomb soon enough. I got a message in my inbox from Wrex saying Eve died in the blast. I wept. (Not quite, but close)
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 18 2012 17:35 GMT
#2143
On March 19 2012 02:29 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.


+ Show Spoiler +
You managed to kill Tali in ME3? How did you manage to do that?

I had a similar reaction when I managed to let Eve die. I didn't diffuse the bomb soon enough. I got a message in my inbox from Wrex saying Eve died in the blast. I wept. (Not quite, but close)



+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 17:37:51
March 18 2012 17:35 GMT
#2144
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 17:46:56
March 18 2012 17:41 GMT
#2145
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

These are the most common missed ones I could find for paragons.
Did you send Dr. Chakwas to work in the Labs?(25, if you send her you recruit Dr. Michel instead)
Did you send Ashley/Kaiden to Admiral Hacket?(25)
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)
Did Jack survive ME2 AND survive Grissom Academy?(25, as a paragon this did likly happen)
Did Kasumi Goto(ME2 DLC character) remain loyal and survive ME2 + fake her own death in ME3?(25)
Did you get to save both the Turian Coloney and get the Volus Bombing fleet?(100, requires Zaheed surving ME2 + Loyalty mission)
Did you warn Miranda about Kai Leng while in the Spectre office? If yes did she survive his attack or not?(25 and im not 100% on the triggers for this)
Did you save the Salarian during that hanar indoctrination quest quest?( as paragon you probably didn't. Saving him you gain a spectre team[40points]and by saving planet you get a 58 point asset)
Did Thane Krios survive ME2 and did Captian Kirrahe(ME1 Vermir STG group leader) survive ME1? Did you talk to Thane before Priority: Citadel? (25 if yes to all 3)
Did you use the students at Grisson for support or for battle.(If you pick the renegade option of battle you gain 75 points instead of 50)
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 17:47:07
March 18 2012 17:42 GMT
#2146
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.

On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

These are the most common missed ones I could find for paragons.
Did you send Dr. Chakwas to work in the Labs?(25, if you send her you recruit Dr. Michel instead)
Did you send Ashley/Kaiden to Admiral Hacket?(25)
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)
Did Jack survive ME2 AND survive Grissom Academy?(25, as a paragon this did likly happen)
Did Kasumi Goto(ME2 DLC character) remain loyal and survive ME2 + fake her own death in ME3?(25)
Did you get to save both the Turian Coloney and get the Volus Bombing fleet?(100, requires Zaheed surving ME2 + Loyalty mission)
Did you warn Miranda about Kai Leng while in the Spectre office? If yes did she survive his attack or not?(25 and im not 100% on the triggers for this)
Did you save the Salarian during that hanar indoctrination quest quest?( as paragon you probably didn't. Saving him you gain a spectre team[40points]and by saving planet you get a 58 point asset)
Did Thane Krios survive ME2 and did Captian Kirrahe(ME1 Vermir STG group leader) survive ME1? Did you talk to Thane before Priority: Citadel? (25 if yes to all 3)


That's probally the key one for most people. It's weird that the game makes it so good to stay strictly Paragon/Renegade but forces you to game the system to get the best ending if you don't do multiplayer. With that added to all the "right" choices in ME1 and 2 I can see it being possible to get 4k. But it still should be easier to do it, it is a single player game at it's core. Just doing all sidequests and staying full Paragon should be enough.
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
March 18 2012 17:47 GMT
#2147
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
March 18 2012 17:50 GMT
#2148
On March 19 2012 02:47 On_Slaught wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.


meh i was so sad because of that holy sht... i couldnt get my ME2 saves to work and I didnt realize that ME2 saves were needed... i replayed that bit with different dialog -_- = no soltuion

+ Show Spoiler +
but the quarians are such big bitches omfg just listen to me and you would be fucking fine
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 18 2012 17:56 GMT
#2149
On March 19 2012 02:50 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:47 On_Slaught wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.


meh i was so sad because of that holy sht... i couldnt get my ME2 saves to work and I didnt realize that ME2 saves were needed... i replayed that bit with different dialog -_- = no soltuion

+ Show Spoiler +
but the quarians are such big bitches omfg just listen to me and you would be fucking fine


I would definatelly have dowloaded a savegame editor or something like that if it happened to me. I just couldn't play the game with the default choices. Not only you miss a lot of stuff, the world just wouldn't make sense and that's one of the key points in ME for me.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 18 2012 18:04 GMT
#2150
On March 19 2012 02:47 On_Slaught wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.

To unite Geth and Quarian you need Legion to survive the suside mission, finished his loyalty quest AND rewrote the heritic geths programming and done the fighter base mission and saved the admiral on Rannock(this is a renegade choice i belive. This is easily the most difficult outcome to get.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
March 18 2012 18:08 GMT
#2151
On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

These are the most common missed ones I could find for paragons.
Did you send Dr. Chakwas to work in the Labs?(25, if you send her you recruit Dr. Michel instead)
Did you send Ashley/Kaiden to Admiral Hacket?(25)
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)
Did Jack survive ME2 AND survive Grissom Academy?(25, as a paragon this did likly happen)
Did Kasumi Goto(ME2 DLC character) remain loyal and survive ME2 + fake her own death in ME3?(25)
Did you get to save both the Turian Coloney and get the Volus Bombing fleet?(100, requires Zaheed surving ME2 + Loyalty mission)
Did you warn Miranda about Kai Leng while in the Spectre office? If yes did she survive his attack or not?(25 and im not 100% on the triggers for this)
Did you save the Salarian during that hanar indoctrination quest quest?( as paragon you probably didn't. Saving him you gain a spectre team[40points]and by saving planet you get a 58 point asset)
Did Thane Krios survive ME2 and did Captian Kirrahe(ME1 Vermir STG group leader) survive ME1? Did you talk to Thane before Priority: Citadel? (25 if yes to all 3)
Did you use the students at Grisson for support or for battle.(If you pick the renegade option of battle you gain 75 points instead of 50)


Everything you mentioned - I did (read carefully through everything you mentioned). That's the point. I went after first playthrough to wikia and checked every +war effort there. My only mistakes were not finding Conrad Verner, I can't get Kelly Chambers because I didn't have dinner with her in ME2, doh. I didn't support the Clerk instead of Refugee when they ask to let shuttle to dock. And sent students of Grissom Academy as supports. All of this was my first playthrough without any knowledge. Now I reversed that and got, as you can see, not much more.

My ME1 and ME2 saves are both with all DLCs and complete runs. I previously told that I even got assistance from Balak in ME3 +15 TMS (terrorist whom you can either kill or instead save hostages on Asteroid X57 in Bring Down The Sky DLC of ME1).

I REALLY don't see how I can get 4k EMS without MP. Not that I'm worried about it but I was curious. Didn't play New Game+ and don't really intend to.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 18 2012 18:19 GMT
#2152
On March 19 2012 03:08 RA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

These are the most common missed ones I could find for paragons.
Did you send Dr. Chakwas to work in the Labs?(25, if you send her you recruit Dr. Michel instead)
Did you send Ashley/Kaiden to Admiral Hacket?(25)
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)
Did Jack survive ME2 AND survive Grissom Academy?(25, as a paragon this did likly happen)
Did Kasumi Goto(ME2 DLC character) remain loyal and survive ME2 + fake her own death in ME3?(25)
Did you get to save both the Turian Coloney and get the Volus Bombing fleet?(100, requires Zaheed surving ME2 + Loyalty mission)
Did you warn Miranda about Kai Leng while in the Spectre office? If yes did she survive his attack or not?(25 and im not 100% on the triggers for this)
Did you save the Salarian during that hanar indoctrination quest quest?( as paragon you probably didn't. Saving him you gain a spectre team[40points]and by saving planet you get a 58 point asset)
Did Thane Krios survive ME2 and did Captian Kirrahe(ME1 Vermir STG group leader) survive ME1? Did you talk to Thane before Priority: Citadel? (25 if yes to all 3)
Did you use the students at Grisson for support or for battle.(If you pick the renegade option of battle you gain 75 points instead of 50)


Everything you mentioned - I did (read carefully through everything you mentioned). That's the point. I went after first playthrough to wikia and checked every +war effort there. My only mistakes were not finding Conrad Verner, I can't get Kelly Chambers because I didn't have dinner with her in ME2, doh. I didn't support the Clerk instead of Refugee when they ask to let shuttle to dock. And sent students of Grissom Academy as supports. All of this was my first playthrough without any knowledge. Now I reversed that and got, as you can see, not much more.

My ME1 and ME2 saves are both with all DLCs and complete runs. I previously told that I even got assistance from Balak in ME3 +15 TMS (terrorist whom you can either kill or instead save hostages on Asteroid X57 in Bring Down The Sky DLC of ME1).

I REALLY don't see how I can get 4k EMS without MP. Not that I'm worried about it but I was curious. Didn't play New Game+ and don't really intend to.

Ok so your only missing out on like 70 points from what you've listed.

My first play through was with a a defaulted ME3 toon meaning ALOT of people died in the ME2 final mission and not many ME1 guys survived. I ended with an effective military strength of about 3600ish. You should reach 4k just by being able to have the ME2 DLC guys + Quarian Geth peace.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 18:30:13
March 18 2012 18:22 GMT
#2153
On March 19 2012 03:19 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 03:08 RA wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On March 19 2012 00:52 RA wrote:
Finished the single player for the second time. As I said before, gonna report on my EMS progress. First time I played the game after ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 save with full paragon, I got 3585 (50% readiness). Now I played from same save with different class and did minor changes to get more EMS. Still, without multiplayer I have only 3661 (50% readiness). So that's be best I could reach.

So the fact is proved. It's impossible to get best ending without MP. Since I don't see where I could get 678 more.

These are the most common missed ones I could find for paragons.
Did you send Dr. Chakwas to work in the Labs?(25, if you send her you recruit Dr. Michel instead)
Did you send Ashley/Kaiden to Admiral Hacket?(25)
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)
Did Jack survive ME2 AND survive Grissom Academy?(25, as a paragon this did likly happen)
Did Kasumi Goto(ME2 DLC character) remain loyal and survive ME2 + fake her own death in ME3?(25)
Did you get to save both the Turian Coloney and get the Volus Bombing fleet?(100, requires Zaheed surving ME2 + Loyalty mission)
Did you warn Miranda about Kai Leng while in the Spectre office? If yes did she survive his attack or not?(25 and im not 100% on the triggers for this)
Did you save the Salarian during that hanar indoctrination quest quest?( as paragon you probably didn't. Saving him you gain a spectre team[40points]and by saving planet you get a 58 point asset)
Did Thane Krios survive ME2 and did Captian Kirrahe(ME1 Vermir STG group leader) survive ME1? Did you talk to Thane before Priority: Citadel? (25 if yes to all 3)
Did you use the students at Grisson for support or for battle.(If you pick the renegade option of battle you gain 75 points instead of 50)


Everything you mentioned - I did (read carefully through everything you mentioned). That's the point. I went after first playthrough to wikia and checked every +war effort there. My only mistakes were not finding Conrad Verner, I can't get Kelly Chambers because I didn't have dinner with her in ME2, doh. I didn't support the Clerk instead of Refugee when they ask to let shuttle to dock. And sent students of Grissom Academy as supports. All of this was my first playthrough without any knowledge. Now I reversed that and got, as you can see, not much more.

My ME1 and ME2 saves are both with all DLCs and complete runs. I previously told that I even got assistance from Balak in ME3 +15 TMS (terrorist whom you can either kill or instead save hostages on Asteroid X57 in Bring Down The Sky DLC of ME1).

I REALLY don't see how I can get 4k EMS without MP. Not that I'm worried about it but I was curious. Didn't play New Game+ and don't really intend to.

Ok so your only missing out on like 70 points from what you've listed.

My first play through was with a a defaulted ME3 toon meaning ALOT of people died in the ME2 final mission and not many ME1 guys survived. I ended with an effective military strength of about 3600ish. You should reach 4k just by being able to have the ME2 DLC guys + Quarian Geth peace.


I'm not. Those were the ones I didn't get on my FIRST playthrough. I actually got everything I could this time.

I have all that. EMS is half of TMS. Feels as if you're mistaking it. I don't see how you can get same score with "almost everyone dead" option in purely new ME3 game. I tried it and my assets definitely felt lower at same moments, but I didn't play it after Sur'Kesh.

Or you were just playing "Ashley/Kaidan dead" option. That's a different story. It should be pretty close to this one but still 3.6k EMS? I don't believe it, I mean it feels unreal! Then where does basically perfect score except Kelly Chambers go?
xUnSeEnx
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States183 Posts
March 18 2012 18:27 GMT
#2154
The ending problem needs to be fixed. I would get into it but I do not want to make myself even more mad.

Bioware addressed the issue already. There are several articles on it on the web.
"All your base are belong to us."
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 18 2012 18:31 GMT
#2155
It's not possible to get 4k ems without playing multiplayer. Although it might be possible by editing some .ini or smth.
Go big, or go home!
acker
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2958 Posts
March 18 2012 18:33 GMT
#2156
On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm getting online that you can get salarian support by saving their council representative, even if you sided with the krogan before.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
March 18 2012 18:34 GMT
#2157
On March 19 2012 03:33 acker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Did you get the really cure the genophage or take the Salarian deal?(650 possibly more. This is very likly a no as a full paragon player)

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm getting online that you can get salarian support by saving their council representative, even if you sided with the krogan before.


Read the same thing.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
March 18 2012 19:15 GMT
#2158
On March 19 2012 03:04 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:47 On_Slaught wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.

To unite Geth and Quarian you need Legion to survive the suside mission, finished his loyalty quest AND rewrote the heritic geths programming and done the fighter base mission and saved the admiral on Rannock(this is a renegade choice i belive. This is easily the most difficult outcome to get.


As I understand it, you need a certain number of "peace points" to unite the two, but you don't need to do everything perfectly; I destroyed the heretics and still got it ezpz.

That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
March 18 2012 20:29 GMT
#2159
On March 19 2012 04:15 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 03:04 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:47 On_Slaught wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:42 SKC wrote:
On March 19 2012 02:35 HaXXspetten wrote:
On March 19 2012 01:41 TheLink wrote:
Regardless of the overall ending each arcs conclusion in this game was amazing.

I am wondering what happens if some key characters die though. What if Mordin or Tali died in ME2? seems to fuck up quite a bit of their story for ME3, or do they just pretend it didn't happen (like if Shephard died).

+ Show Spoiler +
I couldn't bring myself to keep playing when my Tali died. I forced her to betray her species to extinction, and as she leapt from the cliff I presumably could have saved her but took too long debating it... I stopped playing and just sat in silence in the next room for like an hour running through the story arc in my head. And then in the end the stupid starchild made me wipe out the geth anyway.

...wait what? How did you manage to + Show Spoiler +
let Tali die and force her to betray her species? The whole Quarian/Geth storyline turned out beautifully I'd say, and I've got no idea how you managed to do that :o




Edit:
On March 19 2012 02:35 SKC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I assume that if you let Legion apply the Reaper upgrades and don't manage to stop the Quarian admiral from attacking the Geth they lose the battle and get wiped out, Tali tries to kill herself and you have a Paragon right click timed event to stop her. In my game I stopped the admiral and got both the Geth and Quarians to work together, but I guess that's what would happen if I didn't.

Guess that would make sense, still think it was fairly straightforward all the way as far as what you were supposed to do in order for everything to turn out alright for everyone.


I believe you needed a certain level of paragon, made certain choices in ME2 and did the Quarian side quests in ME3 to be able to get the best solution to the conflict. They were very straightforward "good" decisions, so it shouldn't be hard to get them, but I can see someone that started with a fresh save/rushed the game/went for a "gray" morality character not being able to get it.


This is exactly what happened to me playing on a fresh ME3 char. I never saw any chance to unite them. I basically had to pick 1 or the other. However, based on what I learned from going inside the geth server, I picked the geth, resulting in + Show Spoiler +
the fucked up tali suicide scene.

Btw... even with the paragon attempt I was unable to save her from jumping off. No sense in them letting you save her when you just wiped out most of her species.

To unite Geth and Quarian you need Legion to survive the suside mission, finished his loyalty quest AND rewrote the heritic geths programming and done the fighter base mission and saved the admiral on Rannock(this is a renegade choice i belive. This is easily the most difficult outcome to get.


As I understand it, you need a certain number of "peace points" to unite the two, but you don't need to do everything perfectly; I destroyed the heretics and still got it ezpz.



+ Show Spoiler +
Destroying the heretics is actually one of the things that makes getting peace easier, as well as resulting in less enemies during those particular missions in ME3.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
March 18 2012 21:33 GMT
#2160
Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it. Very fun and "epic" up until the last 5min. Then idk wtf happened. Ill just imagine that never happened.
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings77
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1801
GuemChi 1608
Artosis 630
910 54
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift3443
Counter-Strike
taco 32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox269
Other Games
summit1g9031
shahzam628
JimRising 517
C9.Mang0346
PiGStarcraft305
Maynarde143
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 5m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.