• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7892 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 104

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 179 Next
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 17 2012 11:08 GMT
#2061
On March 17 2012 19:52 Chillax wrote:
Bioware are now actively seeking feedback on what changes the community would like.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10098213

I'm under no illusions here, its likely meaningless but if anyone wants to post thats the place to do it.


It's believable that they would crowdsource feedback, after all, the BSN is comprised of the hardcore fans, most of whom were highly upset by the ending.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 17 2012 13:52 GMT
#2062
On March 17 2012 11:53 Orcasgt24 wrote:
So I went back and have begun playing ME2 on insanity. I do not in the slightest miss fighting Krogan and Vorcha.


Garrus' recruitment mission?
It's pretty hard on Insanity

I like the more diverse enemy types in ME2 though. The game is a lot harder than ME3, aside from maybe a few specific battles.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
March 17 2012 13:53 GMT
#2063
On March 17 2012 15:48 Euronyme wrote:
Final encounter lulz.
+ Show Spoiler +
Did anyone else totally let the illusive man shoot you down while waiting for a paragon option to appear? ^^

+ Show Spoiler +
Nope, I was tired of him being a pain in the ass and took the first opportunity to put a bullet in him. And I tend to lean toward paragon when I play.

Also, fuck the ending with a 50 foot pole. With DA2 and now this, I'm done with Bioware until such a time as they prove they're willing to do better.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 17 2012 14:35 GMT
#2064
Holy shit human vanguard is so much fun ~

I've heard a lot about the Quarian Infiltrator though, gonna try for it next. Stupid RNG system. I have none of the Infiltrators unlocked yet I have Widow IV :/
Moderator
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
March 17 2012 14:49 GMT
#2065
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#2066
On March 17 2012 23:49 Euronyme wrote:
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense

+ Show Spoiler +
"Blow up doll" is hardly the correct description lol, and even though Joker and EDI have a technically very fucked up relationship, it is quite obviously primarily a comic relief subplot with a lot of funny dialogs etcetera.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
March 17 2012 15:19 GMT
#2067
On March 17 2012 23:49 Euronyme wrote:
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense


Yes I didn't understand that either. How can a self aware, intelligent, highly advanced synthetic being, able to learn and alive in any way you can describe "being alive", fall in love with a semi intelligent bag of meat, water, bones and organs, it's long passed the stage where it made sense indeed.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 15:33:01
March 17 2012 15:29 GMT
#2068
On March 18 2012 00:19 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 23:49 Euronyme wrote:
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense


Yes I didn't understand that either. How can a self aware, intelligent, highly advanced synthetic being, able to learn and alive in any way you can describe "being alive", fall in love with a semi intelligent bag of meat, water, bones and organs, it's long passed the stage where it made sense indeed.


I might've missed something, but wasn't it only on Joker's side? EDI never said anything about that iirc. She just went on about what it meant with for her being self aware and having a body.

Edit. It's a computer.. It's an advanced iphone siri. It'd hardly what would qualify as being alive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 17 2012 16:06 GMT
#2069
On March 18 2012 00:19 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 23:49 Euronyme wrote:
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense


Yes I didn't understand that either. How can a self aware, intelligent, highly advanced synthetic being, able to learn and alive in any way you can describe "being alive", fall in love with a semi intelligent bag of meat, water, bones and organs, it's long passed the stage where it made sense indeed.


Living beings are sometimes irrational and self awareness does strange things. I remember some woman marrying a stone, and some guy having sex with a bicycle. She is under constant influence of humans and rewriting her own code/making decisions. I thought it was rather well done.

But
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
March 17 2012 16:17 GMT
#2070
On March 18 2012 00:29 Euronyme wrote:
Edit. It's a computer.. It's an advanced iphone siri. It'd hardly what would qualify as being alive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life


Its a mammal. Its an advanced Amoeba. its hardly what would qualify as being alive.

Joking aside, this is one of the bigger questions ME tries to ask. Is synthetic life as much alive as organics.
Clearly I tend to think so and you dont, which is perfectly fine
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 17 2012 16:21 GMT
#2071
On March 18 2012 00:29 Euronyme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 00:19 Zandar wrote:
On March 17 2012 23:49 Euronyme wrote:
About EDI.
+ Show Spoiler +
Anyone else who had to laugh every time the pilot (name slips from me) of normandy explain to you how much he loves EDI? It just reminds me too much of the indian guy in the big bang theory who fell in love with siri the iphone app. I get that they want diversity in every way possible, so you get a lot of interracial and homosexual relations, but when you fall in love with an intelligent blow up doll, it's long passed the stage where it made sense


Yes I didn't understand that either. How can a self aware, intelligent, highly advanced synthetic being, able to learn and alive in any way you can describe "being alive", fall in love with a semi intelligent bag of meat, water, bones and organs, it's long passed the stage where it made sense indeed.


I might've missed something, but wasn't it only on Joker's side? EDI never said anything about that iirc. She just went on about what it meant with for her being self aware and having a body.

Edit. It's a computer.. It's an advanced iphone siri. It'd hardly what would qualify as being alive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life


No, EDI was totally into Joker as well. You can talk to her in the Citadel about it, and give her some advice about a relationship with him. Bioware went all out with every kind of relationship possible.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 16:47:40
March 17 2012 16:47 GMT
#2072
On March 17 2012 22:52 hugman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 11:53 Orcasgt24 wrote:
So I went back and have begun playing ME2 on insanity. I do not in the slightest miss fighting Krogan and Vorcha.


Garrus' recruitment mission?
It's pretty hard on Insanity

I like the more diverse enemy types in ME2 though. The game is a lot harder than ME3, aside from maybe a few specific battles.


I think difficulty in ME is totally dependent on class. I played infiltrator in ME2 on hardcore and it was pretty challenging then I played a soldier on insanity and the game was a joke cause adrenaline rush was OP as fuck. Then again you can say the same for most bioware games...like mages making DA too easy, etc.
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
March 17 2012 17:44 GMT
#2073
The Joker/EDI relationship didn't just come out of nowhere. Remember that they spend alot of time working together (while you're off doing whatever side mission), and Joker was responsible for unshackling her. She's building a personality and Joker interacted with her all the way through this process. I thought it was the most obvious relationship in the world once EDI got her body.
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
March 17 2012 17:48 GMT
#2074
Joker/EDI relationship pretty much contradicted the whole, created destroys creator thing the game was trying to portray. Since the two of them lived in peace and made things work in a relationship, it's supposed to mean on a whole that synthetics and organics can live together. Meh, I just really hope they change the ending to at least rid us of plot holes (I don't need closure, just a good logical outcome).
Write your own song!
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
March 17 2012 17:51 GMT
#2075
On March 18 2012 02:48 mastergriggy wrote:
Joker/EDI relationship pretty much contradicted the whole, created destroys creator thing the game was trying to portray. Since the two of them lived in peace and made things work in a relationship, it's supposed to mean on a whole that synthetics and organics can live together.


It was the Reapers who claimed this, not the game. You can contradict their point even more by having the Geth and Quarians cooperate.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 17 2012 18:46 GMT
#2076
On March 17 2012 22:52 hugman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 11:53 Orcasgt24 wrote:
So I went back and have begun playing ME2 on insanity. I do not in the slightest miss fighting Krogan and Vorcha.


Garrus' recruitment mission?
It's pretty hard on Insanity

I like the more diverse enemy types in ME2 though. The game is a lot harder than ME3, aside from maybe a few specific battles.


Honestly, it's not so much hard as it just takes 3 years to kill anyone. You just have to take it a lot slower than you normally would on Insanity and you'll get through it just fine.

ME3 I beat in 24 hours flat on normal dying maybe 5 times (twice at the very end when they spawn 3 Banshees because fuck Banshees). It was by far the shortest and definitely the easiest on normal. I really don't have the patience to play it through again on Insanity because the renegade options make no sense whatsoever and the ending will still be bad no matter what I do.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
March 17 2012 18:53 GMT
#2077
On March 18 2012 02:51 Mastermyth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 02:48 mastergriggy wrote:
Joker/EDI relationship pretty much contradicted the whole, created destroys creator thing the game was trying to portray. Since the two of them lived in peace and made things work in a relationship, it's supposed to mean on a whole that synthetics and organics can live together.


It was the Reapers who claimed this, not the game. You can contradict their point even more by having the Geth and Quarians cooperate.


But then you can't even at least TRY to bring up those points to the stupid starchild.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 21:12:36
March 17 2012 21:00 GMT
#2078
So a friend of mine spliced all 3 endings into one video.



--

I've been playing the drell adept for some time on the multiplayer and I can't quite pinpoint what Reave does to my health. I know it's aoe, does some damage, gives me some damage reduction, but does it actually give me an extra bar of HP?
Moderator
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 17 2012 21:13 GMT
#2079
Had a funny multiplayer game: Joined a random random silver game and saw kids with sub 40 N-levels and level 16-18 chars. Usually I'd leave but I was feeling generous and decided to do some charity work.
It ended up being my asari adept (with player-controlled meat-shields) vs cerberus, which was fine by me. Even reapers would have been fine, just don't give me geth.
First few waves were facepalmingly bad. They ran around like headless chickens. They even managed all 3 to die to the very same turret while ressing each other. But come wave 10, they all learnt the ropes the hard way and were trailing my lead without any objections =)
We even managed a full extraction! Kids did well.
The sad part was I had 103K points to their combined 37K. If you ever played on the higher difficulties you know what that means about your squadmates ^^;
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Sky
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Jordan812 Posts
March 17 2012 21:28 GMT
#2080
I came in at ME2, so I can't say I'm too much of a hardcore fan. All I know is that ME2 & ME3 had great gameplay and sidestories. After finishing up the game I was flabergasted at how... inadequate is was. I've been a sucker for unhappy endings since Silent Hill 2 so I can take it like a champ, but ME3 failed to have a happy or sad ending... it had a series of nonsensical rationalities (by superior beings) and a ship full of dead-set friends fleeing from the battle, for no reason relevant to their own morals. One of those endings is only helpful for the reapers. Another creates a horrible situation for anyone in the sol system. The final one makes no sense when regarding the redundant actions of living beings (which is what the basis of the choice is supposed to be for). So why would shepard choose any of those?... He could jump off into space and it would all probably turn out better for organics. I'm on the fence about relay destruction.

I like to use certain forums and treat them as microcosms of the world, teamliquid being one of them. It helps me figure out a good standing of opinions males 15-40 as a majority. So when I came on after finishing the game, I was delighted to see that 9 out of 10 unique posts hated the endings as well. What seem like the apex of hardcore ME players at bioware's forums basically had my issues with the endings and more holes and irrationalities that I hadn't even considered. I'm a little mad that I played $70 for a story with very poorly written endings, but I really feel for all those fans that actually stuck through since ME1, tweaking their game to get the perfect ending... when the ending came.

Now I've been reading about a few big-named game critic sites and hubs who have basically been chastising the fans of ME3, saying that the fans just want their own happy ending. Fuck that. I have seen some amazing posts on other sites about how idiotic and nonsensical every choice was to make, whereas the hubs/sites preachers have almost nothing but ad hominem attacks. You're looking at people who payed $60 to $200 for a story that doesn't have endings relevant to the entirety of the game. They have a damn right to be angry.

Anyways, not such a big fan of the game, but I'll defend the hardcore gamers about this issue to the end. They got screwed over, plain and simple. As for the statement trying to make it seem like there's a 50-50 love/hate about the endings... no... there isn't. Hate is in the majority, as it should be.

Great music though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeFvUuPNHc
...jumping into cold water whenever I get the chance.
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 215
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 187
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Noble 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
Doublelift6151
JimRising 786
Counter-Strike
taco 318
Other Games
summit1g12039
C9.Mang0375
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1232
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo291
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.