• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9848 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 566

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 564 565 566 567 568 665 Next
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 04 2014 22:13 GMT
#11301
Caleb Durward's list on CFB is not bad, but Swiftspear was unimpressive in my live games with the deck.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-05 14:54:58
October 05 2014 09:27 GMT
#11302
Anyone have a strong grasp of the MTG buying market? I have two foils from Khans for instance, Narset, Enlightened Master, and Surrak Dragonclaw. According to TCG Player, right now those foils are selling for ~$15. Are those prices expected to increase over time? Like if I wait another month, do prices for cards in new sets typically go up? (I also have a foil Hornet Queen which seems to only be going for ~$6)

Also, any recommendation on where to sell these cards? I've sold to Card Kingdom before and was offered better prices than my local store at least, and they made it easy to sell my 100+ valuable non-foil cards at the time (I only do drafts/sealed/MTGO so I just sell the cards I get). But now that I have a few individual cards worth decent money, like the foils mentioned, thinking I should list them somewhere individually. Maybe TCGPlayer?

edit: To clarify - I play the drafts and sealed at my LGS and use those for my cards to sell. Any packs I win I just sell to others at the shop for a discount ($3 instead of $4) or on eBay otherwise.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-05 12:03:52
October 05 2014 12:03 GMT
#11303
If the cards do well in high-level play then you can expect to see them increase... at least after people are not cracking open ktk packs like candy.

If you don't wanna deal with the hassle of selling them on ebay or something, yeah sell them to a LGS or card kingdom or something. TCGPlayer has some requirement that you have to be in the selling business or something. You can't just list some cards.
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
October 05 2014 12:25 GMT
#11304
It's looking more and more like my local game store will get DCI-sanctioned soon. As someone mostly attending local sealed and occasional drafts for fun, what can I expect?
EZ4ENCE
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
October 05 2014 12:55 GMT
#11305
It shouldn't really change anything. You'll get a DCI# and can start earning PWPs... Some promos as well.
GoSuNamhciR
Profile Joined May 2010
126 Posts
October 06 2014 06:42 GMT
#11306
The foil I would not sell would be Treasure Cruise as I expect it to go up a lot higher, I think its currently sitting at 15-20$ right now... if the card keeps pushing into the top 8 as 4 ofs expect it to hit brainstorm foil levels of 50-100$.

I was lucky enough to pull a foil Swiftspear which I sold for 18$ which is not bad for an uncommon that is a super niche card, even if it did just win a legacy tournament. I tend to sell niche cards after wins if I have them as they usually inflate a bit and then deflate slowly as people realize its not the "I always play this card in this color" they thought it was after a win or top 8 (Food chain anyone? That deck is sooooo awful.. just high variance).
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
October 07 2014 14:49 GMT
#11307
Since it seems to be on the docket for most of the pro articles this week,

Does Jeskai Ascendancy need to be banned? If so, which formats and why?
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 07 2014 15:03 GMT
#11308
On October 07 2014 23:49 Cixah wrote:
Since it seems to be on the docket for most of the pro articles this week,

Does Jeskai Ascendancy need to be banned? If so, which formats and why?


Fair in Legacy cause of FoW, unfair everywhere else. I don't think people realize how resilient that deck is and how redundant it is. Others talk about how counter magic would be okay against it and then they realize that the deck can run 4 Pact of Negations, and lastly, its like Eggs in that once combo starts, its very unlikely to fizzle on top of it just being annoying. Plus its faster than Eggs...and Twin...and its only real threat in the format is Chalice on 1 and Eidolon on the draw. None of the other "threats" are legitimate ones, cards to play around, not combo ending ones.
Get it by your hands...
Hagen0
Profile Joined June 2013
Germany765 Posts
October 07 2014 15:09 GMT
#11309
I feel the deck would lose quite a bit of consistency if Treasure Cruise were to be banned.
LiangHuBBB
Profile Joined October 2014
0 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-07 16:47:38
October 07 2014 16:22 GMT
#11310


User was warned for this post
www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-07 23:55:29
October 07 2014 23:52 GMT
#11311
On October 07 2014 23:49 Cixah wrote:
Since it seems to be on the docket for most of the pro articles this week,

Does Jeskai Ascendancy need to be banned? If so, which formats and why?

Probably modern, can't imagine it's good enough to be banned in Legacy. Deck is nuts in modern, definitely has vulnerabilities but can just race the hate. Also people overestimate 1-for-1 disruption against a deck that is all mana and cantrips.
I actually think it could be a thing in legacy as a fast combo deck that is mostly immune to graveyard hate. Not necessarily a great thing but a thing nevertheless.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 08 2014 02:15 GMT
#11312
is krosan grip in modern?
what about seal of primordial?
what about zealous persecution in response to casting the enchantment?

I guess my question is, is this really about a deck being powerful or about a deck being so new that there is no "meta" that is pre-prepared for it.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 08 2014 03:01 GMT
#11313
On October 08 2014 11:15 Thieving Magpie wrote:
is krosan grip in modern?
what about seal of primordial?
what about zealous persecution in response to casting the enchantment?

I guess my question is, is this really about a deck being powerful or about a deck being so new that there is no "meta" that is pre-prepared for it.


Not really, I mean a lot of decks already play Pyroclasm or Anger, but the Ascendancy deck is still resilient to that kind of hate and still can win on T3 on the play. Not to mention killing the enchantment does little but slow them down a couple turns because Glittering Wish means they effectively have 7.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 08 2014 04:55 GMT
#11314
People are just overhyping it right now. It's literally nothing special. The same people calling for it to get banned are the same people who wanted Pod banned after the GP and yet it posted mediocre results afterwards and BGx took over again anyways. People just need to learn how to play against the deck. It hasn't even been a month.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 08 2014 05:00 GMT
#11315
On October 08 2014 11:15 Thieving Magpie wrote:
is krosan grip in modern?
what about seal of primordial?
what about zealous persecution in response to casting the enchantment?

I guess my question is, is this really about a deck being powerful or about a deck being so new that there is no "meta" that is pre-prepared for it.


Krosan Grip maybe a turn slow and its not like that deck can't rebuild.

Zealous Persecution may only net you 1 of their mana dorks (probably more likely it will once they see it), likewise if they go Carytid into Enchantment or Enchantment into mana dork you are still out of luck.

This isn't something that you can hate out with some cards, ie - this isn't Twin, not even close.

It's not the combo is easy to assemble (it is), it's the fact that deck is so resilient to spot disruption. You can't beat out their card draw when they're going through their deck so quickly with mono cantrips. If they probe you and only see 1 piece of disruption like Abrupt Decay for example, they will beat it fairly consistently.

This isn't dredge level of I am playing Magic (debatable), but its pretty damn close since I wouldn't keep any hand without at least 2 pieces of spot disruption AND a fast clock (think faster than V. Clique) or a sustained disruption like Chalice. The biggest issue comes down to the fact that this deck can rebuild fairly quick since it has no interest in interacting unless it has to. No other deck in modern is like that, even Twin is just slow enough for decks to race it or out maneuver it. Likewise, how much are you willing to sack your other match ups just to be able to comfortably beat this deck.

Remember that this deck can comfortably race affinity's faster draws while on the draw so its not like you have all day.
Get it by your hands...
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
October 08 2014 05:16 GMT
#11316
Jeskai Ascendancy is one of the most redundant, robust combo decks modern has ever seen, and it is also the fastest. Definitely ban material. You need at least 2 pieces of hate to beat it. Noxious revival and Glittering Wish ensure that. Plus, no other deck can win on turn 2, and no other deck forces the opponent to sit and watch for 5-10 minutes hoping they hit multiple lands in a row.
good vibes only
annedeman
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands350 Posts
October 08 2014 06:09 GMT
#11317
On October 06 2014 15:42 GoSuNamhciR wrote:
The foil I would not sell would be Treasure Cruise as I expect it to go up a lot higher, I think its currently sitting at 15-20$ right now... if the card keeps pushing into the top 8 as 4 ofs expect it to hit brainstorm foil levels of 50-100$.

I was lucky enough to pull a foil Swiftspear which I sold for 18$ which is not bad for an uncommon that is a super niche card, even if it did just win a legacy tournament. I tend to sell niche cards after wins if I have them as they usually inflate a bit and then deflate slowly as people realize its not the "I always play this card in this color" they thought it was after a win or top 8 (Food chain anyone? That deck is sooooo awful.. just high variance).

i do not think so, delver foils are around 15, brainstorm foils are mainly so expensive because 1) masques was a mediocre set and has not been oppened as much 2) foils were way way way more rare at the time
3) conspiracy has not been openenend nearly as much as a normal set

even conspiracy+masques supply of foils should be much much smaller then a fall set(which is drafted alot).
RAIN!!!, MMA!!,Innovation!!,Parting!!
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
October 08 2014 09:30 GMT
#11318
On October 08 2014 14:00 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2014 11:15 Thieving Magpie wrote:
is krosan grip in modern?
what about seal of primordial?
what about zealous persecution in response to casting the enchantment?

I guess my question is, is this really about a deck being powerful or about a deck being so new that there is no "meta" that is pre-prepared for it.


Krosan Grip maybe a turn slow and its not like that deck can't rebuild.

Zealous Persecution may only net you 1 of their mana dorks (probably more likely it will once they see it), likewise if they go Carytid into Enchantment or Enchantment into mana dork you are still out of luck.

This isn't something that you can hate out with some cards, ie - this isn't Twin, not even close.

It's not the combo is easy to assemble (it is), it's the fact that deck is so resilient to spot disruption. You can't beat out their card draw when they're going through their deck so quickly with mono cantrips. If they probe you and only see 1 piece of disruption like Abrupt Decay for example, they will beat it fairly consistently.

This isn't dredge level of I am playing Magic (debatable), but its pretty damn close since I wouldn't keep any hand without at least 2 pieces of spot disruption AND a fast clock (think faster than V. Clique) or a sustained disruption like Chalice. The biggest issue comes down to the fact that this deck can rebuild fairly quick since it has no interest in interacting unless it has to. No other deck in modern is like that, even Twin is just slow enough for decks to race it or out maneuver it. Likewise, how much are you willing to sack your other match ups just to be able to comfortably beat this deck.

Remember that this deck can comfortably race affinity's faster draws while on the draw so its not like you have all day.


I think the bolded part is my biggest concern with the deck. There is simply too many things to cause the deck to just accidentally fall into victory. All of the things that would normally hate don't actually hate, but slap it on the wrist and tell it "Not now".

The talk about zealousing and pyros and what not is cute and fine, but there deck has so many redundant dorks that you'll need to have quite a few of them in your opener just to stay afloat, not even to try and get ahead in the board state he's trying to force.

That said, I'd like to see it played at the PT. Just so Wizards is aware of how bonkers they have made this card. Almost every single article talking up the PT hasn't even mentioned this card set at all. Almost as though "It's not really going to happen if we ignore it." I HOPE that it at least makes it that far.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
GoSuNamhciR
Profile Joined May 2010
126 Posts
October 08 2014 12:46 GMT
#11319
I dunno, I don't think the Jeskai Ascendancy deck is that broken, I think the metagame is just not in tune with it. I remember a time that I thought Twin was broken, but I adjusted my board and I generally have a really good matchup against that deck nowadays. I dunno I just have had not had an issue with the deck being "broken" when I played against it with Soul Sisters or Affinity which are my 2 modern decks.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 08 2014 12:59 GMT
#11320
Upon further reflection, Rest in Peace is probably the best hate card against them as it turns off Noxious Revival and Treasure Cruise, which heavily nerfs the consistency of the deck. If they fizzle more than once, it's likely they'll lose, and without those 2 cards it seems likely.
Prev 1 564 565 566 567 568 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft314
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta76
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft590
PiGStarcraft314
RuFF_SC2 195
SpeCial 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 115
Leta 79
Hyuk 48
Bale 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
taco 423
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox833
C9.Mang0290
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick126
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota262
League of Legends
• Lourlo1040
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 43m
Online Event
6h 43m
FEL
11h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.