• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8987 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 568

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 566 567 568 569 570 665 Next
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 09 2014 04:54 GMT
#11341
On October 09 2014 10:58 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 08:38 DEN1ED wrote:
Even if power level didn't matter it would still get banned due to how long it takes to combo off.


Tell that to high tide.

Oh wait, Wizards doesn't give a fuck about Legacy.


Had a high tide player go off on me 10 minutes before the round would end. The round ended, we were on turn zero--he was still going off.

15 minutes after the round ended turn 0 finished and he won. All four timespirals were cast that game. It was insane.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 09 2014 05:33 GMT
#11342
Gundam build fighters was pretty hype, might have to watch S1 now :o.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 09 2014 06:35 GMT
#11343
On October 09 2014 12:52 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 06:02 Shotcoder wrote:
Judicator, what blue deck are you playing in standard this time around? Like the looks of Esper? UB?


No idea, tried Keranos based control but didn't like it. Need to take another look again. Was messing around in Modern with the Ascendancy deck.



Try the Esper shell going around, It's pretty strong but the mana is a bit iffy. UB looks good too but losing Ram and End Hostilities is definitely felt.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 09 2014 12:32 GMT
#11344
On October 09 2014 12:52 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 06:02 Shotcoder wrote:
Judicator, what blue deck are you playing in standard this time around? Like the looks of Esper? UB?


No idea, tried Keranos based control but didn't like it. Need to take another look again. Was messing around in Modern with the Ascendancy deck.


Esper's actually not bad. I lost a couple times to a deck that just T5 Wrath into T6 Elspeth every game, a lot of midrange decks can't beat it unless they have Downfall that turn.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 09 2014 14:09 GMT
#11345
On October 09 2014 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 12:52 Judicator wrote:
On October 09 2014 06:02 Shotcoder wrote:
Judicator, what blue deck are you playing in standard this time around? Like the looks of Esper? UB?


No idea, tried Keranos based control but didn't like it. Need to take another look again. Was messing around in Modern with the Ascendancy deck.


Esper's actually not bad. I lost a couple times to a deck that just T5 Wrath into T6 Elspeth every game, a lot of midrange decks can't beat it unless they have Downfall that turn.


Dig Through Time is no Rev, but even if you EOT delve for 2-3 it will give you such high card quality that it would at least be close enough to rev.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 09 2014 22:40 GMT
#11346
On October 09 2014 15:35 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2014 12:52 Judicator wrote:
On October 09 2014 06:02 Shotcoder wrote:
Judicator, what blue deck are you playing in standard this time around? Like the looks of Esper? UB?


No idea, tried Keranos based control but didn't like it. Need to take another look again. Was messing around in Modern with the Ascendancy deck.



Try the Esper shell going around, It's pretty strong but the mana is a bit iffy. UB looks good too but losing Ram and End Hostilities is definitely felt.


Esper just seems like its weaker than BUG, Ascendancy gives me a better draws and with Abrupt Decay gone, there aren't a whole lot that interact with it. I am interacting at instant speed most of the time and End Hostilies while good isn't what I have been finding to be necessary. Sure the Hostilities to Elspeth line is strong, but so is going over the top with Garruk on 7 right afterwards.

I actually went testing with BUG after I saw/responded to your post, tweaked the deck some more and am now beginning to like it. The biggest thing about Esper is the lack of a Charm which I feel taxes your deck building a little too much right now; Sultai Charm fills the GY and filters my hand allowing me to play a little more Delve cards. Plus it lets me hit some critical enchantments like Whip. I don't know, but Esper just felt like it was a bit awkward both in construction and play. Sultai Charm and Ascendancy especially the latter has just won me games with their abilities.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 10 2014 00:29 GMT
#11347
Esper was doing ok in my testing but always felt crappy even when winning. Nothing stuck out as bad but it just feels like it should never win, then you untap with 8+ mana and chain digs and feel like you can't lose
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 10 2014 01:13 GMT
#11348
On October 10 2014 09:29 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Esper was doing ok in my testing but always felt crappy even when winning. Nothing stuck out as bad but it just feels like it should never win, then you untap with 8+ mana and chain digs and feel like you can't lose


Elspeth is still a better finisher than whatever BUG can muster. Dig is pretty insane, I thought that card was a sorcery during prelim testing and didn't like it.

BUG I feel like after more testing that your Delve management is important, aka a turn 3 resolved Ascendancy pretty much means you're never drawing useless cards willingly again.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 01:46:17
October 10 2014 01:45 GMT
#11349
I was liking how BUG played out in the early/midgame relative to Esper but it felt like actually closing games out was difficult. Sphinx is mostly unstoppable but can be raced. I even considered playing like Hooting Mandrills just to have a cheap midgame threat that didn't cost infinite colored mana, isn't as huge a hit on your 'yard as Necropolis Fiend.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 10 2014 02:16 GMT
#11350
On October 10 2014 10:45 MCMcEmcee wrote:
I was liking how BUG played out in the early/midgame relative to Esper but it felt like actually closing games out was difficult. Sphinx is mostly unstoppable but can be raced. I even considered playing like Hooting Mandrills just to have a cheap midgame threat that didn't cost infinite colored mana, isn't as huge a hit on your 'yard as Necropolis Fiend.


Yep, thats exactly how I felt, I thought about cutting Sphinxes for Garruks and just take the game extra long, but you don't have an Elsepth. Its in that weird UB world where you have the game won except actually winning it, which is actually weird considering UG has some sweet top end finishers.
Get it by your hands...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 10 2014 05:52 GMT
#11351
I actually plan on running UB at States this coming weekend over Esper. I don't want to invest in Elspeths and the mana right now and UB actually looks good enough. Plus I like having safer mana compared to other decks.

+ Show Spoiler +
3 Prognostic Sphinx

3 Ashiok Nightmareweaver
2 Jace, The Living Guildpact

2 Murderous Cut
2 Dig Through Time
4 Dissolve
4 Hero's Downfall
3 Drown in Sorrow
3 Bile Blight
2 Divination
2 Jace's Ingenuity
2 Silence the Believers
2 Aetherspouts

1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Polluted Delta
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Dismal Backwater
4 Radiant Fountain
5 Island
4 Swamp

Sideboard

2 Negate
2 Disdainful stroke
3 Pharika's Cure
3 Thoughtseize
1 Liliana Vess
1 Drown in Sorrow
1 Bile Blight
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Empty the Pit


That is where I am right now with the list with things possible to change. I looked at BUG for awhile but I felt like the deck wanted to be a weird Midrange reanimator strategy and not a control shell. Having access to great delve cards and Whip plus all the enablers like Sidisi just screams to get broken open.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 10 2014 07:21 GMT
#11352
So I typed up some choices I would make with that list, but just stopped, I don't think your list is very competitive but no idea what kind of testing you have done so I could be just be wrong. I don't think you can beat Green, Junk, or GB Sidisi.

Also what you are describing Shotcoder is a Junk shell, not BUG.
Get it by your hands...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 10 2014 07:47 GMT
#11353
On October 10 2014 16:21 Judicator wrote:
So I typed up some choices I would make with that list, but just stopped, I don't think your list is very competitive but no idea what kind of testing you have done so I could be just be wrong. I don't think you can beat Green, Junk, or GB Sidisi.

Also what you are describing Shotcoder is a Junk shell, not BUG.


No I;m talking about a BUG version of the same junk midrange list you're describing. Use enablers like Sidisi to dump your dudes and then recurring them or using strong delve cards to get even more value.

And the list hasn't been tested. I literally looked at lists I like from states last weekend and talked with a few mtgo streamers and this is where I ended up that didnt involve me dumping money into Elspeths and a pretty stupid mana base for esper, also most of the cards are borrowed as I don't have anything for standard but Flooded Strands(picked them up for modern). Eventually I'll play Esper at competitive events but there's a small cost threshold currently.


Speaking of which I currently have a playset of Lilys and Dark confidants I'm thinking of pitching. Probably for other modern cards like Tarns and Deltas...etc for UW/x lists.Thoughts? I've been playing UW a lot lately and would like to branch out my deck options. I don't plan on investing in Tarmogoyfs either.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 14:56:44
October 10 2014 14:54 GMT
#11354
I prefer abzan/junk to sultai/BUG for reanimator, mostly for the ability to hardcast targets like resolute archangel and ashen rider. Also having access to siege rhino smooths out a lot of issues.

Some locals were working on 4-color reanimator which might be sweet but I haven't put any work into it yet and haven't really looked at the list so I dunno
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 17:12:01
October 10 2014 17:09 GMT
#11355
On October 10 2014 16:21 Judicator wrote:
So I typed up some choices I would make with that list, but just stopped, I don't think your list is very competitive but no idea what kind of testing you have done so I could be just be wrong. I don't think you can beat Green, Junk, or GB Sidisi.

Also what you are describing Shotcoder is a Junk shell, not BUG.


I assume Shotcoder based his list off the UB list that went 4-0 in a daily. Looks very similar. That list ran despise though which I think is very important. You want to be able to try and snag their powerful 3 drop like rabble, mantis, crouser, brimaz etc when you are on the draw. Otherwise you will be playing from behind a lot of games.

Also, UW heroic is actually insane. Been playing it a lot online in dailys with good success. Aqueous form just lets you roll over all the green midrange decks.
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
October 11 2014 01:52 GMT
#11356
Sorry to bother you guys so much with such niche questions, but I have another legacy burn question.

Leyline seems like its pretty much the be-all-end-all red hoser. In a leyline heavy metagame, why wouldn't burn players run a single taiga main, with destructive revelry in the sideboard? Destructive revelry seems pretty decent, and can even substitute for a smash to smithereens in a pinch, and offers red the only shot at enchantment destruction it has outside apocalypse. If you're running lavamancers (which seem awesome when there's so many delvers flying around), you're probably running eight fetches anyways. Why not bump that up to ten fetches, after which you've pretty much got reliable access to your one green mana to cast the revelry if u need it. The only downside I see is taking two damage from your own PoP. While two damage may matter in the rare game, I guarantee that leylines matter every single game they're played against a burn deck.

So why not?
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
October 11 2014 01:59 GMT
#11357
On October 11 2014 02:09 DEN1ED wrote:

Also, UW heroic is actually insane. Been playing it a lot online in dailys with good success. Aqueous form just lets you roll over all the green midrange decks.


Are you playing Tom Ross' list with the 4 Eidolon of Countless Battles? I just built that today (just waiting for the flooded strands to come in the mail)
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 11 2014 02:26 GMT
#11358
Originally, I ran 2 copies of Whip of Erebos in my Junk Midrange deck to act as virtual proxies for Sorin. They've overperformed so much that I'm considering the 2/2 split between Whip and Sorin, probably over 2 Thoughtseizes (cutting all 4 and putting in the board, they're pretty bad right now).
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 11 2014 06:02 GMT
#11359
On October 11 2014 10:52 BallinWitStalin wrote:
Sorry to bother you guys so much with such niche questions, but I have another legacy burn question.

Leyline seems like its pretty much the be-all-end-all red hoser. In a leyline heavy metagame, why wouldn't burn players run a single taiga main, with destructive revelry in the sideboard? Destructive revelry seems pretty decent, and can even substitute for a smash to smithereens in a pinch, and offers red the only shot at enchantment destruction it has outside apocalypse. If you're running lavamancers (which seem awesome when there's so many delvers flying around), you're probably running eight fetches anyways. Why not bump that up to ten fetches, after which you've pretty much got reliable access to your one green mana to cast the revelry if u need it. The only downside I see is taking two damage from your own PoP. While two damage may matter in the rare game, I guarantee that leylines matter every single game they're played against a burn deck.

So why not?

Could also splash white which gives access to Wear//Tear.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-11 14:30:06
October 11 2014 14:29 GMT
#11360
On October 11 2014 10:59 Fishgle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 02:09 DEN1ED wrote:

Also, UW heroic is actually insane. Been playing it a lot online in dailys with good success. Aqueous form just lets you roll over all the green midrange decks.


Are you playing Tom Ross' list with the 4 Eidolon of Countless Battles? I just built that today (just waiting for the flooded strands to come in the mail)


Yes, I'm playing his exact list. It's really good.

Anyone else watching the PT? The match between Williams and Rietzl was probably the most entertaining match I've watched in a long time.
Prev 1 566 567 568 569 570 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft495
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 57
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1338
Hyuk 50
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox588
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 483
C9.Mang0318
Sick83
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick733
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo730
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 38m
Online Event
7h 38m
FEL
12h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.