• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9637 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 570

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 568 569 570 571 572 665 Next
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
October 13 2014 18:18 GMT
#11381
On October 14 2014 02:10 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2014 11:10 .AK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Congrats Ari Lax! Hell of a top 8 and super fun finals.

Pro tour spoilers


Too bad he has extremely poor manners. Really sad to see throughout the weekend.


He didn't seem too bad in the interviews and games I watched.....
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 19:06:26
October 13 2014 19:00 GMT
#11382
On October 14 2014 03:18 BallinWitStalin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 02:10 DEN1ED wrote:
On October 13 2014 11:10 .AK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Congrats Ari Lax! Hell of a top 8 and super fun finals.

Pro tour spoilers


Too bad he has extremely poor manners. Really sad to see throughout the weekend.


He didn't seem too bad in the interviews and games I watched.....




Just one of the times. Also slams Elspeth in semis and claps. Some people are ok with stuff like that but it's generally seen as pretty BM. Not to mention is constant narration of what he thinks his opponent is going to do is extremely annoying. Not looking forward to having to watch him in Worlds now.
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
October 13 2014 19:32 GMT
#11383
I thought he was mostly fine, he came off as just more excited to be there then a lot of the other people. I guess I can understand where you are coming from but I really don't think any of it was malicious so if it was a problem the judges should have warned him on it. AFAIK, they did not so its fine in my opinion.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
October 13 2014 19:57 GMT
#11384
On October 14 2014 04:00 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:18 BallinWitStalin wrote:
On October 14 2014 02:10 DEN1ED wrote:
On October 13 2014 11:10 .AK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Congrats Ari Lax! Hell of a top 8 and super fun finals.

Pro tour spoilers


Too bad he has extremely poor manners. Really sad to see throughout the weekend.


He didn't seem too bad in the interviews and games I watched.....


VOD

Just one of the times. Also slams Elspeth in semis and claps. Some people are ok with stuff like that but it's generally seen as pretty BM. Not to mention is constant narration of what he thinks his opponent is going to do is extremely annoying. Not looking forward to having to watch him in Worlds now.


I missed that, and still I found the guy VERY bm and annoying.
Chicken gank op
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
October 13 2014 20:33 GMT
#11385
He's definitely no Firebathero, though, that's for sure.

Admittedly I am a newcomer to the "scene", so I haven't seen him that much. But compared to what a lot of the other players I watch and respect do in other games (e.g. starcraft and Dota), the MTG scene must be pretty tame if that's considered bad. "Celebrations" like that don't really bother me, it's only really bad for me if someone is actually disrespectful in what they say.

Like the poster above said, I get why that would annoy people, but in the two interviews I saw with this dude he wasn't too bad at all, so I will reserve judgment for now. Maybe he is a total douche when you get down to it, I just haven't seen it yet. Maybe I will in future events!
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 22:28:52
October 13 2014 22:20 GMT
#11386
Interviews have nothing to do with anything. Act however you want in an interview. But when you are in a game there is generally a certain level of respect between players. I mean he pretty much slammed and thrusted his card INTO his opponents cards. That is a little aggressive for a card game... People say it's fine and it's just who he is. I can't argue with that but then who he is is a very unlikable person.

On a side note, just fired up a sealed:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

WTF kinda pool is this haha. My curve is pretty shit though and not the best fixing so I'll probably just get rolled by an aggressive deck.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
October 13 2014 23:45 GMT
#11387
Honestly, that deck looks to be on the faster side for sealed. With 3 evasive bombs and all that removal, I wouldn't be surprised to 3-1 or 4-0.
Trust in Bayes.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 14 2014 00:42 GMT
#11388
On October 14 2014 08:45 MidnightGladius wrote:
Honestly, that deck looks to be on the faster side for sealed. With 3 evasive bombs and all that removal, I wouldn't be surprised to 3-1 or 4-0.


It honestly looks like neither. Its 3 color with a weird curve, the games he resolves his flyers he wins, the ones where he doesn't he struggles. His mana looks a bit tight too.

Sidenote, you couldn't find another card for the 2nd Sultai Scavenger?
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 14 2014 14:33 GMT
#11389
Cut valley dasher and play 18 lands
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
October 15 2014 20:51 GMT
#11390
On October 14 2014 09:42 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 08:45 MidnightGladius wrote:
Honestly, that deck looks to be on the faster side for sealed. With 3 evasive bombs and all that removal, I wouldn't be surprised to 3-1 or 4-0.


It honestly looks like neither. Its 3 color with a weird curve, the games he resolves his flyers he wins, the ones where he doesn't he struggles. His mana looks a bit tight too.

Sidenote, you couldn't find another card for the 2nd Sultai Scavenger?


Isn't it 4 color with the Rattleclaw?
In Inca we trust
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 15 2014 20:53 GMT
#11391
On October 16 2014 05:51 las91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 09:42 Judicator wrote:
On October 14 2014 08:45 MidnightGladius wrote:
Honestly, that deck looks to be on the faster side for sealed. With 3 evasive bombs and all that removal, I wouldn't be surprised to 3-1 or 4-0.


It honestly looks like neither. Its 3 color with a weird curve, the games he resolves his flyers he wins, the ones where he doesn't he struggles. His mana looks a bit tight too.

Sidenote, you couldn't find another card for the 2nd Sultai Scavenger?


Isn't it 4 color with the Rattleclaw?

He doesn't pay colored mana for the rattleclaw and the manabase can only generate 3 colors. The rattleclaw is colorless for the purposes of the deck.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
October 15 2014 20:54 GMT
#11392
On October 16 2014 05:53 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 05:51 las91 wrote:
On October 14 2014 09:42 Judicator wrote:
On October 14 2014 08:45 MidnightGladius wrote:
Honestly, that deck looks to be on the faster side for sealed. With 3 evasive bombs and all that removal, I wouldn't be surprised to 3-1 or 4-0.


It honestly looks like neither. Its 3 color with a weird curve, the games he resolves his flyers he wins, the ones where he doesn't he struggles. His mana looks a bit tight too.

Sidenote, you couldn't find another card for the 2nd Sultai Scavenger?


Isn't it 4 color with the Rattleclaw?

He doesn't pay colored mana for the rattleclaw and the manabase can only generate 3 colors. The rattleclaw is colorless for the purposes of the deck.


Oh right the morph.
In Inca we trust
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
October 17 2014 15:10 GMT
#11393
Well, I just downloaded Cockatrice so that I can practice some legacy play in a more efficient manner. If anyone wants to kick some random noob's ass (I'm pretty bad at this game), feel free to add me! Same username as TL.....
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
October 20 2014 02:58 GMT
#11394
Anybody going to the SCOpen in Oakland? I should be down there and I am pretty set on running a Mardu midrange and curious if anyone else is going.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
October 20 2014 03:08 GMT
#11395
On October 20 2014 11:58 .AK wrote:
Anybody going to the SCOpen in Oakland? I should be down there and I am pretty set on running a Mardu midrange and curious if anyone else is going.


I'm going for the Legacy portion sporting GW Maverick
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 06:09:25
October 23 2014 06:07 GMT
#11396
Final tournament in a "Houston area" power 9 series is this weekend, obviously for the Lotus. Probably playing UR Delver if I can't figure something else out; can't get the numbers where I want for UWR Delver, don't have a playset of Cradles for Elves yet and nobody local has 'em. Could borrow Sneak and Show but there's a ton of Death and Taxes likely to show up and I haven't practiced that matchup (and it's not great).
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 24 2014 07:52 GMT
#11397
Just play UR Delver, it's probably the best deck in Legacy right now because of how it abuses Treasure Cruise.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
October 24 2014 09:11 GMT
#11398
Just opened a foiled Windswept Heath! Plus some other good cards for my casual Sidisi Commander Deck!
EZ4ENCE
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 24 2014 17:26 GMT
#11399
Congrats.

DCI bans went out, and the aftermath is hilarious. One of those rare instances where Facebook conversations are infinitely more entertaining than reddit.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 24 2014 17:33 GMT
#11400
On October 25 2014 02:26 Judicator wrote:
Congrats.

DCI bans went out, and the aftermath is hilarious. One of those rare instances where Facebook conversations are infinitely more entertaining than reddit.



Yeah, I saw a couple, but wasn't sure why exactly they were banned. Reactions still hilarious.
Prev 1 568 569 570 571 572 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 776
IndyStarCraft 227
ProTech128
UpATreeSC 66
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29397
Shuttle 804
Hyuk 147
Dewaltoss 102
firebathero 85
Trap 59
White-Ra 53
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 20
Sacsri 19
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc8551
qojqva1819
Counter-Strike
fl0m1623
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1351
Khaldor1315
Liquid`Hasu302
Other Games
summit1g2847
FrodaN1760
Beastyqt525
XBOCT282
Mlord272
DeMusliM189
ArmadaUGS169
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0147
XaKoH 115
QueenE88
CosmosSc2 17
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 843
ComeBackTV 694
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 59
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie771
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 44m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 44m
Online Event
16h 44m
FEL
21h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.