• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12160 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 291

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 665 Next
Caseyclysm
Profile Joined May 2010
United States104 Posts
February 02 2013 20:57 GMT
#5801
I've played Duels of the Planeswalkers. I want to find an alternative that allows decks to be customized more. Great replies here, I'm going to check out some of these alternatives. Thanks!
“You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.” -Galileo Galilei
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 02 2013 22:22 GMT
#5802
Borzhov lets you run Ball Lightning Helixes. Add that with Extort and you can run a pretty damn good "What's yours is mine" lifestealing deck. It might be able to outheal RDW agro and hit the midrange timer against control, but I worry it'll just straight up lose to Naya midrange
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 02 2013 22:23 GMT
#5803
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 02 2013 23:44 GMT
#5804
On February 03 2013 07:23 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.


Except that doesn't really matter, there are 2 good SV hosers out there now (Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses), if you put all your eggs in a T4 verdict and they have it, you just die. You can't really sit back on it anymore, you have to be more proactive with killing things earlier, Red does that better.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 03 2013 00:51 GMT
#5805
On February 03 2013 08:44 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 07:23 Judicator wrote:
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.


Except that doesn't really matter, there are 2 good SV hosers out there now (Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses), if you put all your eggs in a T4 verdict and they have it, you just die. You can't really sit back on it anymore, you have to be more proactive with killing things earlier, Red does that better.


Wat. How does Red do it better?
Get it by your hands...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 01:06:31
February 03 2013 01:04 GMT
#5806
On February 03 2013 09:51 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 08:44 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 03 2013 07:23 Judicator wrote:
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.


Except that doesn't really matter, there are 2 good SV hosers out there now (Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses), if you put all your eggs in a T4 verdict and they have it, you just die. You can't really sit back on it anymore, you have to be more proactive with killing things earlier, Red does that better.


Wat. How does Red do it better?


I don't agree with that either. But you do get access to both Terminus and the 6 mana sweeper, both of which go around those cards.

I was considering Red for finishers in Aurelia's fury, Assemble the Legion, Rakdos Return, Spark Trooper, Stelesia Blood Hall...etc.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 03 2013 01:17 GMT
#5807
On February 03 2013 10:04 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 09:51 Judicator wrote:
On February 03 2013 08:44 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 03 2013 07:23 Judicator wrote:
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.


Except that doesn't really matter, there are 2 good SV hosers out there now (Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses), if you put all your eggs in a T4 verdict and they have it, you just die. You can't really sit back on it anymore, you have to be more proactive with killing things earlier, Red does that better.


Wat. How does Red do it better?


I don't agree with that either. But you do get access to both Terminus and the 6 mana sweeper, both of which go around those cards.

I was considering Red for finishers in Aurelia's fury, Assemble the Legion, Rakdos Return, Spark Trooper, Stelesia Blood Hall...etc.


I'm thinking about doing something that includes the Aurelia I pulled in last night's draft, but I still haven't finished my Golgari deck, and I also kind of want to do some Dimir. I think what I really need to do, now that I have a couple of decks to dick around with, is start working on a high end deck.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 03 2013 01:47 GMT
#5808
On February 03 2013 10:04 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 09:51 Judicator wrote:
On February 03 2013 08:44 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 03 2013 07:23 Judicator wrote:
On February 02 2013 03:02 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 02 2013 00:55 Judicator wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:02 Shotcoder wrote:
On February 01 2013 16:17 Salivanth wrote:
Dunno about the deck idea, but I ADORE the term "Borzhov" and from now on will use it to designate WBR.


I think it would do more than fair against aggro and midrange decks, it's just the control decks I feel it would have the issue. Which might be where lilianna comes in. I mean Lingering souls is only a small issue for Esper.

I guess a resolved Assemble the LEgion essentially wins the game but the issue is playing threats that would give you the opening for that. Because the fact they would just get so much card advantage off their planeswalkers is a huge issue since the only ways to interact with them would be O-ring or soul tokens.


Assemble the Legion is too slow against Memory Adept. Might be ok on the play, but still suffers from the same problem that if you tap out for it and get it countered, you are behind, it's just a shittier 5 drop than the PWs and Thragtusk.

Lingering Souls is pretty bad right now, even in the Esper match up where I really don't care much for it. Sorin is probably a better threat than Liliana and Liliana lines are kind of all in lines due to the discard, aka you aren't really gaining real advantage until you ultimate even if you pitch Lingerings.

It's not a bad idea, just losing Supreme Verdict access is a big deal right now.

As for my Esper list, it's posted somewhere earlier in this thread, there's about a 3 card difference in the mainboard iirc and the sideboard is built for my tastes, like a 5 card difference I think. Nothing game breaking, but shifts some match-ups.


Losing SV isn't quite as bad when you consider you have access to Pillar and (more) spot removal so you can kill T1 mana dorks and set back those decks a turn, T4 you can Dreadbore Paladin/whatever then Terminus if necessary.

Not to mention this kind of deck is perfect for Blind Obedience and Obzedat, 2 of my favorite cards in the set.


See the problem with those lines of play is that you are giving them perfect information, they can navigate around sorcery spell spot removal. Therefore, you're never really trading your black removal for red so there's really no great appeal to go Red for a control build based in WB.


Except that doesn't really matter, there are 2 good SV hosers out there now (Boros Charm/Rootborn Defenses), if you put all your eggs in a T4 verdict and they have it, you just die. You can't really sit back on it anymore, you have to be more proactive with killing things earlier, Red does that better.


Wat. How does Red do it better?


I don't agree with that either. But you do get access to both Terminus and the 6 mana sweeper, both of which go around those cards.

I was considering Red for finishers in Aurelia's fury, Assemble the Legion, Rakdos Return, Spark Trooper, Stelesia Blood Hall...etc.


See the entire argument for Red seems week, Assemble is slow, Rakdos is only good if you ramp into it (the lines are terrible otherwise since you need 5 damage), Spark Trooper is dead to both Death Wind or Tragic Slip or Spear or any one of the non-color based removal, Stensia is ok but you really can't activate in face of Sphinx's Revelation. Slaughter Games just seems like a derpy card in general. So Rakdos is the only real card you want.

The removal lines are terrible since Pillar is a sorcery. The little discussion we had about why I don't Slip their 1 drop in aggro decks on my turn is because I want to make it as difficult as possible for them to not have RW up when I try to Verdict. If they want to keep trying to dink me for little damage, I am okay with trading 1 for 1 since I have Sphinx's, Jaces, Tamiyos, aka ways to generate more advantage after turn 4 (whether I play Verdict or not). If you reach for Red and ditch Blue, you don't have that luxury. Esper can theoretically draw out of weaker/mediocre hands because of Sphinx/Jace, but Borozhov can't since you don't have Blue's utility cards and the bridge at 5 mana. Buying turns is something that Esper does better than RWB without diluting the card quality. You guys mention Extort, but what are you using to Extort? Blind Obedience? Sure, but remember you as a control player also playing by the aggro player's rules. You know the saying that aggro players are kind of like lets hope my top 15-20 cards are good enough? Control players abide those same sentiments until they can get some kind of advantage, either through Verdict/PWs/Sphinx's. With that in mind, I don't see any good lines with any of the RWB cards to generate slight advantage on turn 4 or 5. Losing Verdict is a big deal for this very reason, not all cards are anti-wrath and having access to Blue lets you open up.

This is why Esper has issues with Farseek openings since you're stuck on 2 mana when they're potentially on 4. That's also why Red doesn't do anything (or even less) because you don't have the available mana to do what you want with cards like Terminus.
Get it by your hands...
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 03 2013 02:04 GMT
#5809
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 03 2013 02:15 GMT
#5810
On February 03 2013 11:04 NotSorry wrote:
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"


Reported for exploitation imo.

Jokes aside, you got some real jerks at your store. I would have handed it back and made him take it, then traded 2 Groves for it later :D
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 03 2013 02:55 GMT
#5811
On February 03 2013 11:15 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 11:04 NotSorry wrote:
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"


Reported for exploitation imo.

Jokes aside, you got some real jerks at your store. I would have handed it back and made him take it, then traded 2 Groves for it later :D


Yeah, my store, MOST people would double check it was intentional. There's a few dicks, but mostly they'd want to be sure.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
February 03 2013 04:31 GMT
#5812
On February 03 2013 11:15 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 11:04 NotSorry wrote:
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"


Reported for exploitation imo.

Jokes aside, you got some real jerks at your store. I would have handed it back and made him take it, then traded 2 Groves for it later :D

Maybe he was going deepXD
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 03 2013 04:47 GMT
#5813
On February 03 2013 11:55 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 11:15 Judicator wrote:
On February 03 2013 11:04 NotSorry wrote:
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"


Reported for exploitation imo.

Jokes aside, you got some real jerks at your store. I would have handed it back and made him take it, then traded 2 Groves for it later :D


Yeah, my store, MOST people would double check it was intentional. There's a few dicks, but mostly they'd want to be sure.

Yea our local is mostly creepy douche bags in their late 30s fresh out of a bad movie
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 03 2013 04:51 GMT
#5814
On February 03 2013 13:47 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 11:55 JingleHell wrote:
On February 03 2013 11:15 Judicator wrote:
On February 03 2013 11:04 NotSorry wrote:
So I took my cousin to his first draft last night, about 30seconds before the start I showed him TCG's pricing for the top 10 cards. His first pack he opens a foiled Aurelia The War Leader, and proceeds draft a Boros charm over it because he thought it was better, within seconds the entire store knows about it, like literally 80+ people going "WTF?"


Reported for exploitation imo.

Jokes aside, you got some real jerks at your store. I would have handed it back and made him take it, then traded 2 Groves for it later :D


Yeah, my store, MOST people would double check it was intentional. There's a few dicks, but mostly they'd want to be sure.

Yea our local is mostly creepy douche bags in their late 30s fresh out of a bad movie


Mine smells good and even has female customers.

Actually, they even have a free basket of travel size deoderant in the men's room. They try to break the stereotype, as do a fair number of the local geeks.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 03 2013 04:56 GMT
#5815
My local scene is a group of normal people who enjoy magic, a group of people who take magic a little too seriously (but actually just terrible at the game), a group of people who try to live vicariously through magic (through EDH), and a group of people who the first group just want to punch on a nightly (FMN) basis.

It's pretty cool all things considered cause its just like high school social groups only played out around Magic. We try to help little kids and new players just to get everyone feeling good.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 03 2013 10:22 GMT
#5816
Was testing my BUG Delver build at the local store to see if I like it more than RUG. If there's a downswing in Supreme Verdict then I wouldn't be too embarrassed to sleeve up Delvers for a bigger-than-FNM level Standard event.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
February 04 2013 13:21 GMT
#5817
I've been reading some confusing lines in articles today, so I figured I'd come here to clear up my confusion. If I have a creature with Evolve, and play a creature with greater power AND greater toughness, does Evolve trigger twice? I think no, but I'm reading some things that imply I'm wrong.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 04 2013 13:43 GMT
#5818
no because the trigger says "power or toughness". So it would trigger on either of those not both.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
bobbob
Profile Joined December 2009
United States368 Posts
February 04 2013 13:43 GMT
#5819
On February 04 2013 22:21 Salivanth wrote:
I've been reading some confusing lines in articles today, so I figured I'd come here to clear up my confusion. If I have a creature with Evolve, and play a creature with greater power AND greater toughness, does Evolve trigger twice? I think no, but I'm reading some things that imply I'm wrong.

No, the game sees that a creature entered satisfies the condition of greater power or greater toughness, so it puts the evolve trigger on the stack.
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 02:22:02
February 04 2013 16:57 GMT
#5820
Anyone looking to trade?

HAVE
Stomping Ground
Duskmantle Seer
Inquisition of Kozilek
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
Golgari Grave-Troll
Enter the Infinite
Merciless Eviction
Sylvan Primordial
Immortal Servitude
Realmwright
--------------------
WANT
Pristine Angel
Pariah's Shield
Jace, Architect of Thought
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Mind Grind
Consuming Aberration
Nightveil Specter
Undercity Plague
.:RoS:.
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings148
CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10754
FanTaSy 1684
Hyuk 816
Horang2 564
BeSt 425
Pusan 214
Stork 190
Killer 112
Zeus 109
Mind 109
[ Show more ]
Last 106
EffOrt 78
sorry 78
Hyun 61
ggaemo 58
Snow 45
PianO 44
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 35
Hm[arnc] 31
JYJ 25
Aegong 15
Sacsri 12
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe221
Counter-Strike
fl0m1317
byalli836
x6flipin218
Other Games
gofns38870
singsing2638
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King75
B2W.Neo25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 1
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.