• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9068 users

Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 42 Next All
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
July 13 2011 19:45 GMT
#721
Ahh, so glad I started playing this. I played this during the beta and I loved how refreshing the class system was. For some reason it fell off of my radar, but during the steam sale I saw it for 10 bucks and ended up picking it back up.

I'm up to level 30 now and no major complaints so far, besides SPIDERS EVERYWHERE.
cdn
Profile Joined December 2006
Poland16 Posts
July 13 2011 20:05 GMT
#722
I also have one promocode for well spun hat, PM me if u want.

cheers!
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
July 13 2011 23:58 GMT
#723
I've recently started playing this game in my down time and it's actually quite good. Rarely do I find games that keep me playing longer than a few days, and if I actually go and BUY it its definitely a keeper!

Granted, I bought the game for $5 during a summer sale. My only complaints so far is that mobs are too tightly packed throughout most of the game, making any off-road travel quite a nuisance. It's extremely similar to WOW, except that I think it's a bit more smoothly done. Another con is so far up to level 35, most of my gear has looked the same for the last 10-15 levels. Sometimes its just identical.

PvP is great, theres far more to do than in WOW. It's far easier to get into groups with people to accomplish tasks/quests, its a great MMO overall. If you like WOW you will like Rift. I suggest it to those people who are sick of WOW.

I wish we had a TL guild for Rift, if I just haven't found the right thread someone please PM me :-)
Qiang1446
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States92 Posts
July 14 2011 01:32 GMT
#724
I played some beta, and played at release and have a lvl 50 bard... but got bored fast

have they added anything new to pvp?? or is it still all bg's??
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
July 14 2011 19:22 GMT
#725
On July 14 2011 10:32 duckducktiM wrote:
I played some beta, and played at release and have a lvl 50 bard... but got bored fast

have they added anything new to pvp?? or is it still all bg's??


Well they have the PvP specific souls, although I don't know if that was at release (I know it wasn't there in the beta)

But no, from what I know there isn't anything new in PvP. It's mostly PvE content updates. But I play on a PvP server, so I get most of my fill from open world.
Qiang1446
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States92 Posts
July 15 2011 02:23 GMT
#726
hmm for all those that don't know if you played before and quit, they are giving you a free week



I just started playing again and I feel so lost- i'm lvl 50 with like prestige 2 pvp gear, and like crappy quest reward gear

I tried q'ing for dungeons but they never pop - any advice on what I should do for gear / gold ?
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
July 15 2011 08:09 GMT
#727
On July 15 2011 11:23 duckducktiM wrote:
hmm for all those that don't know if you played before and quit, they are giving you a free week



I just started playing again and I feel so lost- i'm lvl 50 with like prestige 2 pvp gear, and like crappy quest reward gear

I tried q'ing for dungeons but they never pop - any advice on what I should do for gear / gold ?


Is that free week starting at anytime? I may have deleted the email but I'm super bored lately.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Vvix
Profile Joined February 2009
Brazil40 Posts
July 19 2011 14:12 GMT
#728
Open world pvp has been happening a lot lately(at least on my server, sunrest) and next patches are bringing more additions to the field.
"Through habit the unnatural can become natural and men forget to question themselves." Miyamoto Musashi
BookII
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia400 Posts
July 19 2011 14:26 GMT
#729
I bought this game to pay over the university holidays.

And i gotta reaffirm what most people have said here. it gets very boring, very quickly.

I played for 3 1/2 weeks and looking back I regret not spending that time playing SC2.

May seem harsh. But I'm over MMORPG's, and it seems a lot of people in this thread are too.
FluXen
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada210 Posts
July 19 2011 14:32 GMT
#730
The only downfall i find with this game is that the lower lvl leveling zones can be extremly repetive and boring, im trying to push through the starting zones on my rogue but after about 10minutes i am bored of killing the goblins or spiders.
"Rise and Rise Again till Lamb become Lion"-Robin Hood
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 19 2011 14:40 GMT
#731
I never got an email about the freeweek but found out a couple days ago and I was really enjoying myself this time around. I burned out around 35 last time, and after about 5 days with lots of rested I'm 42 and I've just been messing around and doing world event stuff.

The amount of work Trion puts into the game is pretty amazing. I think the free week ends today and it totally worked, I feel like subscribing for a month to get to lvl 50 now
RavenWolf
Profile Joined November 2010
United States205 Posts
July 22 2011 15:33 GMT
#732
RavenWolf of The Gosu Crew LLC here posting because Trion's game has convinced me in my initial 30 day trial that it is well worth covering on our stream and on our website. As such I just bought a 6 month membership through their "Summer of Savings" plans (great marketing idea btw, kudos on taking the cut in these difficult economic times to entice a few more paying customers).

So now that I've got an account rocking and rolling, I decided that it would be best to give more people a better look at the game. While I'm not quite at max level yet (44 warrior and counting) once I reach max level I will definitely be looking to progress and highlight the many options available to max level characters while answering audience questions. Until then I'm going to start highlighting all the different components of the game I have access to, together with my favorite girl support/healer/dps mage (don't you love a girl with multiple talents?) WhiteTigress.

So what do YOU want to see? I know that many of you are already playing, but considering how I felt a little over a month ago when I was debating whether to take advantage of the Father's Day promo that Trion ran, I know that those who are thinking about switching to Rift or starting up MMOs from scratch are loaded with questions that only an in-depth showcasing of the game can provide.

The Gosu Crew is here to serve you guys with unbiased commentary and analysis about this interesting MMO as well as our ongoing live coverage of a variety of StarCraft 2 tournaments. So go check out our site at www.GosuCrew.com where you can easily locate our stream, and if this series gains support then I just might have a few nice surprises for those that desire them! Let me know what you want to see first and what might be the best time for viewers to enjoy this new feature! I'm on Eastern Time and most likely this will be a evening experience for us US viewers, but if the Europeans want to enjoy it as well I can easily set something up on the weekends when we're not doing our StarCraft 2 coverage!
IPL Referee/Player Coordinator, Former Gosu Crew LLC Owner/'Operations Manager (Organizers of Justin.tv Invitational 1 and 2)
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
July 22 2011 15:38 GMT
#733
This game was alot of fun. 2nd Defiant to hit level 50 on my server, and first Defiant Cleric to hit 50 on my server.

The game had a ton of potential...I just think it was too small. You look at how big the game is at launch, and it is like not even half as big as Azeroth was.

Got bored of the same two end game zones really quick.

The leveling was fun and the PvP was ok (albeit unbalanced to hell), so I would say worth 10-15 bucks to play through the leveling content.
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
July 22 2011 16:15 GMT
#734
I hit level 41 yesterday after roughly 60h of playtime. as a long time WoW player i have to admit that Rift is pretty good. I like the class system and the zones i have seen so far look nice and are pretty varied. I didnt test pvp yet, except the open pvp i encountered during leveling. so far its definitely worth the 12€ i spent for it during the steam sale
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 18:26:51
July 22 2011 18:26 GMT
#735
On July 23 2011 00:38 Khaymus wrote:
The leveling was fun and the PvP was ok (albeit unbalanced to hell), so I would say worth 10-15 bucks to play through the leveling content.

The PvP was FUN. I only played for the initial 30 days and had so much fun as a Warlock in PvP.
Then they went ahead and buffed them! I was nearly invincible. And people were crying about instant fireballs from Pyromancers.

This game was pretty great at the beginning, because there were people everywhere, incursions had epic proportions and there was quite a bit to mess around with. I agree, it just lacks the longevity of a game with a working economy or zone variety.
Spartan
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2030 Posts
August 04 2011 06:32 GMT
#736
Patch 1.4 is out as of yesterday, I think.
# http://nkspartan.com (web engineer)
# TL member since July 2005; CEO of Vile Gaming; President of Team Vile
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
August 04 2011 08:17 GMT
#737
i tried this game for about a week. can't say that i was incredibly impressed. it felt much like playing WoW though.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
September 01 2011 19:22 GMT
#738
Can someone in EU quickly PM me a recruit a friend code?

Thanks
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
September 06 2011 19:24 GMT
#739
I just picked this up. Is anyone else playing? I'm looking to raid whenever I hit max level. I have a lot of time on my hands... so yeah.
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
GeekAbaddon
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
October 17 2011 19:51 GMT
#740
I've had this for the last week or so and it's pretty awesome, anyone wanting to add me find me on BloodIron server under Attalus

Knowledge Is Power, Guard It Well
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 482
ZZZero.O 167
Hyun 143
Dota 2
monkeys_forever402
League of Legends
Doublelift4145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 487
KnowMe204
Livibee200
ViBE134
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Adnapsc2 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1078
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 33m
Patches Events
15h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 33m
OSC
23h 33m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.