• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:47
CEST 15:47
KST 22:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7922 users

Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 All
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
November 22 2013 01:16 GMT
#821
I'm necroing this thread because I have a chance to do it for good reason!

I've been playing this recently, and I actually played about a year and a half ago, maybe longer? And I loved it then, but the questing grind was kind of a bitch, and there wasn't that much end game content. I mean, for its age there was a ton but I stopped playing for some reason or another.

Anyway, I've been playing for the past week, and they've made some great changes to this game without sacrificing effort. If you don't know yet, there's a thing called Instant Adventure that makes questing worthless because you're basically questing but you don't have to go back and turn quests in. Not only that, but you can do it as a raid. I was running around Scarwood Reach yesterday with 16 other people for 2 or 3 hours and gained 4 levels without any XP boost. It's fun, a bit of a grind, but way better and actually more fun than questing.

The best part about all of this is that they have a Mentor system where you will be temporarily de-leveld for whatever zone that needs people to instant adventure with, so you can help lowbies who are still trying to get into the game without making it boring for them by one-shotting every thing, you get tons of XP for it, and you get random loot drops that are fit for your actual level.

If you don't like the EQ style games, then don't play this, but if you want something that's not WoW but similar in style, come play. We don't even need more people, and I probably won't make an effort to play with you, I'm just saying that it's been a blast playing, even though I'm re-rolling a class I already played.

oh, and if you don't already know, this is all free2play, and not even p2w, though they have a shop. It sells boosts, and actually sells things that could make leveling a lot better, but doesn't sell anything that affects end-game content. You can actually buy REX from people using ingame currency which can be converted to store credits.
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
December 21 2013 21:45 GMT
#822
On November 22 2013 10:16 hoby2000 wrote:
I'm necroing this thread because I have a chance to do it for good reason!

I've been playing this recently, and I actually played about a year and a half ago, maybe longer? And I loved it then, but the questing grind was kind of a bitch, and there wasn't that much end game content. I mean, for its age there was a ton but I stopped playing for some reason or another.

Anyway, I've been playing for the past week, and they've made some great changes to this game without sacrificing effort. If you don't know yet, there's a thing called Instant Adventure that makes questing worthless because you're basically questing but you don't have to go back and turn quests in. Not only that, but you can do it as a raid. I was running around Scarwood Reach yesterday with 16 other people for 2 or 3 hours and gained 4 levels without any XP boost. It's fun, a bit of a grind, but way better and actually more fun than questing.

The best part about all of this is that they have a Mentor system where you will be temporarily de-leveld for whatever zone that needs people to instant adventure with, so you can help lowbies who are still trying to get into the game without making it boring for them by one-shotting every thing, you get tons of XP for it, and you get random loot drops that are fit for your actual level.

If you don't like the EQ style games, then don't play this, but if you want something that's not WoW but similar in style, come play. We don't even need more people, and I probably won't make an effort to play with you, I'm just saying that it's been a blast playing, even though I'm re-rolling a class I already played.

oh, and if you don't already know, this is all free2play, and not even p2w, though they have a shop. It sells boosts, and actually sells things that could make leveling a lot better, but doesn't sell anything that affects end-game content. You can actually buy REX from people using ingame currency which can be converted to store credits.


Thanks for the update. You atleast convinced me to DL it on steam now. Have never tried this game even.
Battery
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland18 Posts
February 15 2014 02:35 GMT
#823
Came back from almost three years hiatus, and the game is still awesome. I think ot offers pretty nice range end-game content nowdays. There's no LFR option which is really nice. Played heavily with max level about 2 weeks now and it seems I need another month to even touch the real end game content. Played wow in Vanilla and in WOTLK and raided the shit out of it with my shaman, but I still can't get a grasp why I ever quitted this game.

Like other said earlier it's now f2p, and not completely pay for win. If you have loads of money to spend you could buy epic gear sets but never the best sets. I'd totally suggest to any former MMORPG players to atleast test this game, it maybe get's boring in some point but for free or few dollars it's money well spent to try it out.
GGuMake
Profile Joined January 2015
United States74 Posts
February 01 2015 17:01 GMT
#824
I'm looking to get back into the MMO scene as well as SC2. I started to replay the WoW starter, and WOW did they ruin that game, it's absolute garbage now in my opinion... it's overly simplified(no more talent tree, you no longer buy new skills etc.). I used to play Rift heavily, and I know it started off somewhat strong, but it started to lose players as time went on; that's why it became a free to play game. I just want to know if there is still a community with this game? I don't want to dedicate time re-leveling for me to never be able to find raids/PVP groups etc.
Fan of: Hydra - Dark - Life - Snute - Bunny - Polt
Prev 1 40 41 42 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.