• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:18
CEST 21:18
KST 04:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9914 users

Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 40 41 42 Next All
Spartan
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2030 Posts
December 09 2010 03:34 GMT
#41
Yes, that's correct.
# http://nkspartan.com (web engineer)
# TL member since July 2005; CEO of Vile Gaming; President of Team Vile
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
December 09 2010 03:47 GMT
#42
Apparently for my sc2 maps I was given a complimentary premium account for two years on curse. Having figured this out two days ago, I also found out I can get free beta keys. I will be trying rift (beta) and be writing a short review of it here.

Heres to good times
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
December 09 2010 06:21 GMT
#43
On December 09 2010 12:47 irninja wrote:
Apparently for my sc2 maps I was given a complimentary premium account for two years on curse. Having figured this out two days ago, I also found out I can get free beta keys. I will be trying rift (beta) and be writing a short review of it here.

Heres to good times


How did you get a complimentary account for this gamer for making Starcraft 2 maps? Are the developers big Starcraft 2 fans or something?
Rise Up!
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
December 09 2010 17:11 GMT
#44
There were free beta keys given out over at The Escapist, I picked one up but I don't have time to play this now...I seem to recall a survey a few months ago about this game...wonder if they took my advice <_<
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
December 09 2010 18:28 GMT
#45
On December 09 2010 15:21 undyinglight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2010 12:47 irninja wrote:
Apparently for my sc2 maps I was given a complimentary premium account for two years on curse. Having figured this out two days ago, I also found out I can get free beta keys. I will be trying rift (beta) and be writing a short review of it here.

Heres to good times


How did you get a complimentary account for this gamer for making Starcraft 2 maps? Are the developers big Starcraft 2 fans or something?


Curse.com hosts sc2 maps, which I contributed to, and still do. The email I received was a "thanks" type email for helping "establish quality". Im sure i wasnt the only one, as there are much more dedicated map-makers out there. Take it as you will, thats not what this thread is about.

Being "premium" in curse.com apparently rewards you beta keys, I received a "vip beta key" which I had to input on rift's website to get the dl link.

Hopefully I'll be playing soon, and writing my review, but this will only be a minor speedbump to what GW2 will be.
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
December 10 2010 01:14 GMT
#46
On December 10 2010 03:28 irninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2010 15:21 undyinglight wrote:
On December 09 2010 12:47 irninja wrote:
Apparently for my sc2 maps I was given a complimentary premium account for two years on curse. Having figured this out two days ago, I also found out I can get free beta keys. I will be trying rift (beta) and be writing a short review of it here.

Heres to good times


How did you get a complimentary account for this gamer for making Starcraft 2 maps? Are the developers big Starcraft 2 fans or something?


Curse.com hosts sc2 maps, which I contributed to, and still do. The email I received was a "thanks" type email for helping "establish quality". Im sure i wasnt the only one, as there are much more dedicated map-makers out there. Take it as you will, thats not what this thread is about.

Being "premium" in curse.com apparently rewards you beta keys, I received a "vip beta key" which I had to input on rift's website to get the dl link.

Hopefully I'll be playing soon, and writing my review, but this will only be a minor speedbump to what GW2 will be.


Thats cool, if I ever finish my map I will host it on that site.
Rise Up!
robertdinh
Profile Joined June 2010
803 Posts
December 10 2010 05:15 GMT
#47
GW2 and Rift are different types of games.

Rift is a p2p mmo with a lot of the devs having played games like EQ1/Vanguard/WoW/ETC...

They are going for a more traditional foundation with some unique touches put on top.

Rifts on a pvp server will be great points of conflict between factions as some of the more beefy rifts are bound to drop better gear and loot.

GW2 is a game made specifically for casuals and mass appeal. While GW2 is not GW1, the spirit behind them are the same, the devs prefer convenience over challenge, and while some content in GW2 will be "challenging" most of it is designed for people to be able to log in for 30 mins and progress.

The end game in GW2 is focused around 5 man dungeons, which will never be as complex as larger raids.

The PvP may or may not be good, we will have to see how it is done, but in GW1 it was very slow-paced and friendly for the slower players.

Also GW2 will not have world pvp, they have a thing they call wvwvw which is basically 3 servers pitted against each other each week, but that will happen in a specific zone. Then they have the arena type pvp similar to WoW but often with different types of objectives, which is of course instanced.

The good news is that while one is p2p, one is b2p, so you could buy both and play them at the same time while only paying 1 subscription per month.

Also a thing to note is that high budget p2p mmos always tend to deliver more content because they generate more revenue consistently.

GW2 is leaning towards microtransactions which allow you to buy some of their extra content between expansions.
True skill comes without effort.
bobblify
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland46 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 17:00:05
December 15 2010 16:59 GMT
#48
Been just waiting for GW2 for a while now and looking for something else to waste my time on
This game does look kinda cool and I'd definitely like to try it out this weekend. Been trying to find a VIP beta key for a while but so far no luck Anyone know of a way to obtain one currently?

Edit: spelling
JJEOS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States127 Posts
December 27 2010 01:44 GMT
#49
So who is all going to be in Beta3 maybe we could get a group together or something?
If at first you don't suceed, deny you were ever apart of it.
gnomey
Profile Joined October 2010
United States20 Posts
December 27 2010 05:29 GMT
#50
Got accepted into the next beta phase, looking forward to seeing this multi-class system idea in action.

Probably going to start right when the servers up Tuesday if anyone else plans on it also, will post with name and such later.
ifonlyiwereawsum
Profile Joined November 2010
United States484 Posts
December 27 2010 05:42 GMT
#51
Yeah, I am in the next beta phase as well and would love to get together with fellow TLers. I'll post my name on Tuesday as well.
LiquidSnute // Zai //
PromKing
Profile Joined December 2010
39 Posts
December 27 2010 06:11 GMT
#52
ive been in both beta weekends and invited to this one coming up tuesday. They are pretty much testing the same thing, except they are opening up both sides (guardians/defiants). I REALLY hope they open up some sort of PvP (which im guessing is the point since they already tested 1-20 twice now...) cause the multi-soul thing is probably going to be its downfall if they dont balance it good.

ill post my name here as well on tuesday if anyone wants to tag along
MyLastSerenade
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany710 Posts
December 27 2010 06:17 GMT
#53
I am also in the Beta and going to explore the world of Rift together with my uncle, he played the last one and told me that it is not that bad so i am pretty excited.
gnomey
Profile Joined October 2010
United States20 Posts
December 27 2010 08:58 GMT
#54
You guys planning on rolling guardians or defiants if that is whats up this weekend?

I was leaning towards defiant but will definitely switch if everyone here decides to choose guardian.
ifonlyiwereawsum
Profile Joined November 2010
United States484 Posts
December 27 2010 11:21 GMT
#55
I'll roll defiant with you, sounds like fun. I'm pretty excited. I had remembered seeing this game at E3 and I poked around the website today and am actually really excited. It looks really well done.
LiquidSnute // Zai //
JJEOS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States127 Posts
December 27 2010 15:01 GMT
#56
On December 27 2010 17:58 gnomey wrote:
You guys planning on rolling guardians or defiants if that is whats up this weekend?

I was leaning towards defiant but will definitely switch if everyone here decides to choose guardian.

I plan on rolling a defiant rogue.
If at first you don't suceed, deny you were ever apart of it.
BlueLobster
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore205 Posts
December 27 2010 15:18 GMT
#57
anyone has a beta key to spare ? ):
gnomey
Profile Joined October 2010
United States20 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-27 17:10:11
December 27 2010 17:05 GMT
#58
On December 28 2010 00:01 JJEOS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2010 17:58 gnomey wrote:
You guys planning on rolling guardians or defiants if that is whats up this weekend?

I was leaning towards defiant but will definitely switch if everyone here decides to choose guardian.

I plan on rolling a defiant rogue.


Exactly what I was planning hah

Was going to check out Assassin as first choice then try out the bard class if it doesn't interest me. Loved the bards in Eq2 and Vanguard so I am hoping for something similar to that if the assassin doesn't keep me interested.

On December 28 2010 00:18 BlueLobster wrote:
anyone has a beta key to spare ? ):


Can try http://www.gamesector.net/2010/12/22/rift-beta-key-giveaway/

Said they are giving away 1000 and only around 500 people have posted for one. You have
to post and say what your favorite class is and why....but free beta key soo...hah
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
December 27 2010 17:12 GMT
#59
Looks so much better than TERA by comparison.

Still might be worth trying between now and SWTOR/GW2. Time to get into beta :D.
JJEOS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States127 Posts
December 27 2010 17:33 GMT
#60
On December 28 2010 02:05 gnomey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2010 00:01 JJEOS wrote:
On December 27 2010 17:58 gnomey wrote:
You guys planning on rolling guardians or defiants if that is whats up this weekend?

I was leaning towards defiant but will definitely switch if everyone here decides to choose guardian.

I plan on rolling a defiant rogue.


Exactly what I was planning hah

Was going to check out Assassin as first choice then try out the bard class if it doesn't interest me. Loved the bards in Eq2 and Vanguard so I am hoping for something similar to that if the assassin doesn't keep me interested.

Show nested quote +
On December 28 2010 00:18 BlueLobster wrote:
anyone has a beta key to spare ? ):


Can try http://www.gamesector.net/2010/12/22/rift-beta-key-giveaway/

Said they are giving away 1000 and only around 500 people have posted for one. You have
to post and say what your favorite class is and why....but free beta key soo...hah


Yeah I really like the Kelari racials. Always playing the high dps burst class and with racials like theirs you just can't go wrong.

Kelari Frenzy[1]
Instant
Cooldown: 5 minutes
The Kelari enters a frenzy, increasing their Critical hit chance for the next 20 seconds. The Critical Hit bonus starts at 100% and is decreased by 20% for each ability performed by the Kelari.


Flame's Ferocity[2]
Passive
Critical strikes deal 10% more damage and critical heals return 10% more health.
If at first you don't suceed, deny you were ever apart of it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 40 41 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O48
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 256
BRAT_OK 95
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 900
Shuttle 571
Zeus 94
ZZZero.O 48
soO 45
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 25
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva2257
canceldota28
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3623
Liquid`Hasu532
Other Games
FrodaN853
KnowMe467
420jenkins390
Livibee174
Pyrionflax172
ToD83
QueenE67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 81
• 3DClanTV 56
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach111
• 80smullet 19
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1904
Other Games
• imaqtpie753
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 42m
Patches Events
19h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 42m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.