• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:34
CEST 01:34
KST 08:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9204 users

World of Tanks - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 69 Next
s_side
Profile Joined May 2009
United States700 Posts
September 09 2010 02:36 GMT
#121
Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, I've been trying to set myself up in relatively stationary, strong positions to support faster moving APCS.

Tbh, the toughest thing is adjusting from the more realistic, tactical WWII sims like SP:WaW etc., since I'm kind of a WWII geek. Turn-based games to RT is quite a change.



{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 09 2010 04:31 GMT
#122
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/8716-state-of-the-beta-post-patch-541/

  • American Tank Tree, We should see our first batch of US tanks around Late September or early October.
  • Balance system, The first round of testing and the framework is in place. Constant improvements and adjusting are in the works now. Expect improvements in every update we get.
  • Clan Wars, Probably see some testing in this if everything works out as planned, late October I think, but subject to change.
  • TK/Bot/Afk Detection and Punishment system, Its still being worked out and improved upon. I think its being tested and put through its paces now and throughout the beta. We probably won't see it officially added for now but it will be in place by release. (Best time to test is with the guinea pigs we have now hehe) Details at a later date.
  • Warping/Teleporting Tanks. (Known issue happens at times) The WoT team has some game engine changes coming soon, probably see these late September.
  • Battle modes: Some have hints have been given out "hardcore", "Team" ect For testing reasons we probably will not see these for awhile, ball park area late October.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 10 2010 03:42 GMT
#123
Another good interview:


MMORPG-TACTICS: Considering that it's a PvP MMO and it has lots of statistics possibilities, people will want to know how good they are compared to other players. Have you thought about introducing an ELO rating and would that reflect in the matchmaking system?

A: We are currently working on the Hall of Fame section which will provide comprehensive data on various players’ achievements. Featured will be 10 different categories including overall rating, average experience per battle, number of won battles, damage delivered, enemies destroyed, etc. Each category will display top 10 players by default, with ability to switch to the top 1000.

These rankings however won’t affect the matchmaking system. Only vehicle classes, levels, and upgrades will be taken into account by the game balancer.



MMORPG-TACTICS: Have you thought about an Item Auction feature?

A: Auctions will definitely be implemented. Any player will be able to put their vehicle on an auction, and this will benefit for both a tank owner and a buyer. Selling your tank in the shop will bring you less money than you spent buying it. On the other hand, other players will be eager to buy a tank from you rather than spending a fortune on it in the shop. Thus, you as a seller and another player as a buyer can agree on a price that will be somewhere between its maximum and minimum values.


Source
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 10 2010 03:58 GMT
#124
Looking forward to those stats actually.
I'm currently sitting at almost 800 average xp per battle (almost 1000 with my King Tiger) which, I am pretty confident, is in the top100 or so.

This game really has the potential to be huge.
I hope they don't screw up some stuff, which can happen very easily. Especially if they make the stuff that cost real money a bit too strong ...
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 10 2010 18:53 GMT
#125
Pretty informative website:

http://www.tarrif.net/wot/

You can follow the Webmaster updates here:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/7594-world-of-tanks-tarrifnet-russians-added/
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 11 2010 04:15 GMT
#126
Hm...? Though I do have to agree this patch compared to pre-patch seems to have focused more on the Russian line this time around:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/8365-nerfs-to-the-german-line/page__st__20

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
September 21 2010 05:48 GMT
#127
Does anybody still play this game? I'm trying to level up my Soviet artillery, and I was wondering if there are any more artillery like the SU-26 where you can turn the turret 360 instead of a fixed position and having to turn the whole unit around.

I love it when a Tier 3 arty goes against a Tier 8 Heavy and keep dealing 1-2% damage.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
September 21 2010 08:10 GMT
#128
Yes and I don't think so
The SU-18 made me quit going down the SU line, driving and aiming with that thing is a nightmare
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-21 10:37:14
September 21 2010 09:22 GMT
#129
On September 21 2010 17:10 Dead9 wrote:
Yes and I don't think so
The SU-18 made me quit going down the SU line, driving and aiming with that thing is a nightmare


I'm going down that line, also using Light Tanks while the SPG is incapacitated.

I agree, it is a nightmare but every hit feels exceptionally sweet. I got like 3 more battles to go for the SU-26.

EDIT: Alright so I got the SU-26. Holy shit is all I got to say :D

It's like upgrading from a drunk Marine to a Ghost. The howitzer can cover a wide angle without the tank having to move, and it keeps the aim even if you change directions on it!

It can't do shit if something comes close though, the SU-18 could atleast try to hit something which came at you, but this thing rotates so slow, it doesn't stand a chance unless the enemy is heading straight for you.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 21 2010 22:58 GMT
#130
Yeah SPGs are nice but only the higher tiers imo (Su8/Hummel and Su14/S51), just because the lower tiers do so little damage to the heavies.
Currently working on getting the isu152.

By the way, we should get the american tanks any day now. They said late-september/early-october.
Really looking forward to those.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 21 2010 23:05 GMT
#131
Yeah I've noticed. The SU-18 was nice because I one-shotted most things I shot at, now when I play a standard battle with the SU-26 I can hit pretty much anything I shoot at but their armor is so thick it's difficult to put a dent on them. I'd rather not buy the armor piercing ammo for gold...

Need a few more experience points for the heavier howitzer though, that might change things.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 22 2010 00:23 GMT
#132
Yeah, the su5 is already a semi-decent SPG. Certainly not as good as the su8 but you can start doing some serious damage to the mediums and hurt the heavies a little.

Also you'll see that the SPGs are great money makers. My Hummel is my best friend when I need money. ^^
Very low repair cost, and 1000$ a shell may seem to be pretty expensive but I gain like 20 to 30k in a poor battle and 60k+ in a very good battle. My best was 75k iirc. Considering I paid like 20k for maintenance (repair+ammo), that's some serious profit.

More generally, tier 5-6 tanks are the most profitable in the whole game. The repair bill is generally pretty low (even for heavies) and you get a lot of money so even if you screw up in a battle you'll still make some decent profit.
Starting at tier 8, the tanks will only be profitable if you have premium and do relatively good. Repair cost is pretty high and ammo as well, so if you die like instantly, you'll easily lose 10k, or even more. It gets even worse at tiers 9 and 10.
I dont really have money problems (sitting at 2M credits atm, dont really need them) but I'm not really interested in higher tiers either (I could buy a VK4502). You're ranked higher on your team which means that you have more responsibility : if you screw up, your team loses a very important tank. I don't want to be afraid to die, so I'm happy with my 2 (soon to be 3) tier 8s.

I'll probably get an american heavy as well, as soon as they're out.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
September 22 2010 04:20 GMT
#133
I am wondering how do you guys upgrade; whether to upgrade as quickly to the next tank ASAP, or get all the upgrades and then the tech for the next level.

Ever since I upgraded to the SU-5, it seems that I can't hit any targets. SPGs are good at making money.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 22 2010 06:08 GMT
#134
As I'm not too far into the tech trees yet I'm not sure what is the most effective, but I found myself having more exp than money. With the SU-18 and the SU-26 I can easily get whatever upgrade I want on the tank before having the money to get the next tier tank. Actually on the SU-26 there's a radio upgrade that's super expensive, but it doesn't seem all too useful for me right now, so gonna skip that one.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 22 2010 10:53 GMT
#135
Depends. If I like a certain tank though, I'm not afraid to upgrade everything I need.
Makes it even more enjoyable to play and an upgraded tank makes actually more xp and credits than the same tank without any upgrades in the same circumstances.
So it's kinda worth it, as long as you like the tank of course.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 22 2010 13:09 GMT
#136
On what should you spend your gold? I haven't spent any yet, because I don't need to. Obviously at some point I have to spend it, it can't just sit there forever

So far I'm leaning towards the premium thing or maybe some tanks that cost gold...
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 22 2010 13:20 GMT
#137
Yeah, one month premium for 2500 gold is definitely worth it.
Once you have that, just convert some xp into free xp or whatever, but premium is definitely the first thing to go for with the gold.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
September 22 2010 22:51 GMT
#138
On September 22 2010 22:09 kuresuti wrote:
On what should you spend your gold? I haven't spent any yet, because I don't need to. Obviously at some point I have to spend it, it can't just sit there forever

So far I'm leaning towards the premium thing or maybe some tanks that cost gold...

All the tanks that cost gold are pretty bad in general, though I hear they can make a decent profit because of low repair costs
Premium is definitely worth it though
Dark.Pyro
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada94 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-23 15:42:21
September 23 2010 15:24 GMT
#139
I just got into the beta for this game but haven't downloaded the client yet. Is it any good?

PS. is anyone using an intel GMA4500 gfx card to run this? how's that going <_>
I Live for Aiur
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
September 23 2010 18:52 GMT
#140
On September 22 2010 15:08 kuresuti wrote:
As I'm not too far into the tech trees yet I'm not sure what is the most effective, but I found myself having more exp than money. With the SU-18 and the SU-26 I can easily get whatever upgrade I want on the tank before having the money to get the next tier tank. Actually on the SU-26 there's a radio upgrade that's super expensive, but it doesn't seem all too useful for me right now, so gonna skip that one.


The radio upgrade also affects the SU-5, the next tier artillery, might as well get it.

How do you guys play a light tank effectively? I always seem to have problems running around as other enemy units always shoot me.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 156
SpeCial 77
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 689
910 59
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm101
League of Legends
Doublelift2889
Other Games
summit1g8386
shahzam606
C9.Mang0305
JimRising 234
PiGStarcraft213
Maynarde117
Liquid`Ken10
Vindicta6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• musti20045 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• davetesta13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21589
Other Games
• imaqtpie714
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.