• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:15
CEST 03:15
KST 10:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8588 users

World of Tanks - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 69 Next
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
September 24 2010 00:56 GMT
#141
Generally I drive toward arty shots and pray nobody hits me
I like to approach at an angle once I get a bit closer so it's somewhat hard for the arty to hit me too
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 24 2010 10:15 GMT
#142
Yep.
Don't forget that like TDs, arty loses all accuracy if they turn/move.
If you force them to turn while approaching, you'll gain 5-10 seconds free of any shots, just because they can't affort to try to shoot and probably miss, because then they have to wait like 20 seconds to reload ...
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
hellsan631
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States695 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-03 04:10:18
October 03 2010 04:06 GMT
#143
dont know if this has been posted yet, but since WoT is in closed beta, really hard to get a key. But mmohut is having a key giveaway, which they have about 1000 or so keys left.

all you have to do is sign up for their forums and go to the giveaway section, login to their site, and boom. free key.

http://mmohut.com/giveaways/world-of-tanks-closed-beta-key-giveaway

been enjoying the game a lot for the past few days.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 05 2010 06:57 GMT
#144
beta 0.6.x / 0.7 update

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/11610-beta-06x-07-update/



New tech tree - American tanks. 21 researchable tanks + 4 premium tanks. US tank crews added.
- From 2 to 4 new maps, including "Cliff" and "Komarin".
- Removed "teleports" of tanks at great distances when aiming at them.
- Introduced advanced graphic settings.
- Now for the first battle of the day (24h) player will receive double experience.
- Reworked interface of the platoon creation.
- Adjusted speed of burning of all tanks during the fire. Now the tank will burn at about 5% of durability per second.
- Multiple fixes and adjustment to match-making system.
- Team mode added. Form a team of 15 and face the opposing one in battle.Probability of appearance - high.
- Clan mode. Alpha test version with some basic features available. Probability of appearance - medium.
- Fixed several places where tank can get stuck on the maps "Himmesldof", "Prokhorovka", "Lakeville", "Hills".
- Changed crash models and collisions of some objects.
- Added destruction of some objects.
- Removed dog squeals when driving over dog booth.
- Fixed collision-model of tank "Tiger I"
- Fixed awarding "Steel wall" posthumously
- Fixed repair time of tracks for some tanks.
- Redesign of screens “Barracks”, “Depot”, “Store” to match the general style.
- Fixed minors error with re-training.
- In the info window of a tank added description of the tank (so far for german and soviet vehicles only).
- Added voice announcements when crewmen are damaged.
- In the info window of a tank added description of the crew.
- Limit on display of number of medals increased from 99 to 999.
- Under button “Battle!” added description of the current battle mode.
- Fixed wrong display of percentages for wins and losses in some cases.
- Added new graphic post-effects. This feature has become possible due to new game engine version.
- Executable file renamed to WorldOfTanks.exe



[image loading]


[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
October 05 2010 17:57 GMT
#145
"- Team mode added. Form a team of 15 and face the opposing one in battle.Probability of appearance - high."
Oh man we need 15 people now
Does anyone know when the american tanks will be released?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 05 2010 18:59 GMT
#146
I'm really hoping that we get to see the early stages of clan mode, maybe we could finally form one in game.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 22:09:32
October 05 2010 22:09 GMT
#147
That would be nice if we got some new features before they wipe, all of the features planned for open beta look really nice but I highly doubt I'll be playing then. Because of the grind and the cash shop requirements.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 07 2010 06:02 GMT
#148
This is actually a good idea IMO:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/12668-turn-off-enemy-neon-signs/
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 05:07:35
October 11 2010 05:02 GMT
#149
Clan War, what we know thread

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/12793-what-we-know-about-clan-wars/


Q: will we get to test Clan Wars in beta?
-
A: Perhaps, the answer won't make you happy, but clan wars mode is unlikely to be added into the game with the next patch [patch 0.5]. We have been working on this for a long time and have managed to implement some really great ideas. I hope you will enjoy this. But we just need more time to polish it up. At the moment the game in whole seems to be not buggy, we don't want to change the current lie of the land by introducing some unfinished stuff into the game.



Fact: Some tastiest territories will bring additional revenue in gold (I can't tell the frequency of gold assignment). Moreover, there is also some “economy” and “crafting”, along with monetary revenues; clans can build factories, which produce special tanks and tank components/ammo over time.



Fact: Some players may choose to become mercenaries rather than being in a clan. There is a Mercenary market, where Clan Masters can recruit such players for reinforcing their clans in Clan Wars or other events.



Fact: There are several economic categories of provinces, from basic ones to “capitals” that will give most monetary benefits to their owners.



Fact: New clans enter the map by having a chance to fight a battle for one of the “coastal” provinces. If they kick the owner out, that province will be their new home, from where they will expand deep into the continent.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 16:40:56
October 15 2010 16:32 GMT
#150
I'm downloading the beta right now.

I downloaded the full version, 0.5.4.1. Should I also download the upgrades for 0.5.4.2 and 0.5.4.3?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 17 2010 01:11 GMT
#151
Need more players, stop playing Civ V for a bit and get on.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 01:41:42
October 17 2010 01:26 GMT
#152
I can get on but I just started playing so I suck hardcore.

Is there a TL clan on the game? If so, can someone please invite me?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 17 2010 01:44 GMT
#153
No clan options available yet but there is a channel. TeamLiquid.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
October 17 2010 01:48 GMT
#154
All right. My name on there is the same as on the forum.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
October 17 2010 01:51 GMT
#155
Why is the SU-8 so bad at firing targets? I had a target zoned in for 12 seconds and it missed the heavy tank. Makes me wonder how will I grind ~110,000 experience for the SU-14.

Anyone make nicknames for tanks?
SU-14 (Schoolbus)
S-51 (Walrus)

Ferrose, I'm willing to play, depends on what tanks you have.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 01:56:59
October 17 2010 01:54 GMT
#156
On October 17 2010 10:51 Phelix wrote:
Why is the SU-8 so bad at firing targets? I had a target zoned in for 12 seconds and it missed the heavy tank. Makes me wonder how will I grind ~110,000 experience for the SU-14.

Anyone make nicknames for tanks?
SU-14 (Schoolbus)
S-51 (Walrus)

Ferrose, I'm willing to play, depends on what tanks you have.


I JUST got the game. So I only have the default two. I'm so clueless on this game. I wish there was a tutorial or something.

And what's the TL channel called?

Is it better to research stuff on my current tanks to turn them into better ones, or just buy a new tank?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 02:06:16
October 17 2010 02:01 GMT
#157
The channel is TeamLiquid.

First, I would decide what I would want to play, SPGs (Artillery), TDs, or Light-Med, or Light-Med-Heavy tank. Some upgrades from previous branches carry over to the next tier of tanks. Of course, you're free to try all of them since the exp requirement is low.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 02:04:24
October 17 2010 02:04 GMT
#158
I guess I'll try everything. Would you guys recommend the Russian or German tank tree?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
October 17 2010 02:10 GMT
#159
Can't really recommend a particular tree as the tanks are pretty different.
Overall, Russian tanks are more maneuverable (better speed and better turret traverse) and german tanks are more solid. There'll be american tanks pretty soon though so we'll have to see how those work out. ^^

For the nicknames, yeah, the su14 was usually the schoolbus/pedovan for us, and the s51 the unicorn.
We gave names to our tanks though. My KT was Elizabeth, and Zidane's JagdTiger was Raphael. lol
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 02:25:48
October 17 2010 02:14 GMT
#160
All right. If I play with you guys I'll probably hold you back D:

I'm a console gamer, because I suck at using a mouse and keyboard.

I read up on the forum a bit, I think I have a better idea about what I'm doing now.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1898
GuemChi 1581
Artosis 623
910 59
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
Doublelift3862
Counter-Strike
taco 208
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox325
Other Games
summit1g8675
shahzam708
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0355
PiGStarcraft261
Day[9].tv159
Maynarde135
CosmosSc2 31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick986
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• davetesta20
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv159
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 46m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.