• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:57
CEST 21:57
KST 04:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

World of Tanks - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 69 Next
ShoreT
Profile Joined August 2008
United States489 Posts
September 01 2010 05:01 GMT
#101
I use the 57 on the T34, the damage output far exceeds anything else and its penetration is quite good. For t34-85 - > t-44 use the 100mm, the 122mm blows.
Derp
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 06:02:39
September 01 2010 05:48 GMT
#102
wtf i still have all my old tanks.

Edit: Oh nevermind they said it will take a while before the wipe.

So many churchill's right now.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 03 2010 03:23 GMT
#103
Patch is live:

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/new-patch-goes-live
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 03 2010 04:56 GMT
#104
No recruit battles anymore?

So now people that start out with loltrakktor ms-1 have to learn to play against heavies and mediums?

That is fucking stupid imo.
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
September 03 2010 10:09 GMT
#105
From my experience it seems those in tanks below t3 get matched into quasi recruit battles filled with only similar level tanks.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 03 2010 10:16 GMT
#106
Oh, i didn't realize that, well then i withdraw my statement.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 03 2010 10:22 GMT
#107
The current balance system is terrible ..
I rebought my Panther and it was matched in games with like 4 tier 10 tanks (Maus/IS7), 4 tier9 tanks, and I'm supposed to be tier8 ...
This is just bad.
So I bought a t34 to see if I'm matched against other tier5 and apparently it's the same thing except it's even worse since t34 can't actually hurt the superheavies.
So I bought a Tiger 2 and I can actually start playing.

Seriously bring the old balance back. I wasnt perfect but it was much better than this.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
bobbingmatt
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia224 Posts
September 03 2010 12:47 GMT
#108
just signed up!
no
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-03 20:08:27
September 03 2010 20:08 GMT
#109
Cool interview:

http://www.mmozone.nl/world-of-tanks-qa-met-sergey-burkatovskiy/


MMOZone: Question 3 – Will clan’s also be levelling later on? And if so, what will be the advantages of this levelling?

SB: What is the reason for levelling or some other sort of rankings for clans? Just take a look at the Global Map and see who the “boss” is. The clan with a larger territory under control is obviously the strongest one and the one to be afraid of. Every newly captured province will give your clan some benefits – regular territories will bring credits while capitals will increase your “gold” income. Moreover, control over certain lands will give access to some special vehicles, tank modules and ammo.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 04 2010 22:57 GMT
#110
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 04 2010 23:14 GMT
#111
I spent all my money/experience after the wipe teching to/buying/upgrading a KV-3 (closest i could get to IS-7 ) only to realize that I absolutely despise playing as a heavy. Now it looks like I have to ms-1/leichtrakktor it up and find a new branch to follow on the tech tree.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
September 05 2010 00:51 GMT
#112
If anyone doesn't want for a beta key:
9C735FC149-4F3F2B1132-37E884D395-O88047
Just not my type of game..
since 98'
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
September 05 2010 00:56 GMT
#113
The free gold made it a lot less enjoyable for me... so many heavy tanks. >:\
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 05 2010 01:08 GMT
#114
On September 05 2010 09:56 zer0das wrote:
The free gold made it a lot less enjoyable for me... so many heavy tanks. >:\


Just get a high tier SPG and blow them off.
Thats what I did. Bought a hummel and now averaging 3 kills per game even though I never played a SPG before.

It's much better than a few days ago though. Maybe people are bored of heavies or something but there are much less of them than a couple of days ago. I'm not saying they all disappeared but I can play my Panther again now.
Overall I'm pretty glad about the tanks I currently have, they all have their role (Tiger 2, Panther and Hummel).
The only thing I'm not really glad about is the T34 I bought. It always get matched against heavy stuff and can't really do any damage and I don't really have the motivation to farm the next tier of the russian mediums and I'm having way too much fun sniping heavies with my SPG and hearing them cry afterwards - A few games ago I oneshot a IS4 at spawn on malinovka. Direct hit blew his fuel tank and set him on fire. He exploded a couple of seconds later and was their heaviest tank lol.
Currently accumulating free xp to get a Su14.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
YoureFired
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States822 Posts
September 05 2010 01:30 GMT
#115
AT guns are doing a good job at killing the heavies for me. Even just the tier 5 anti-tank gun (not sure about its name) has been doing fine. Of course you have to be careful about those bloody light and medium tanks
ted cruz is the zodiac killer
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
September 05 2010 01:55 GMT
#116
Something is borked with aiming, how the hell do players grind through the SU-18, it has to be the worst SPG I have played. Ever.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 22:43:30
September 05 2010 20:16 GMT
#117
^^I love the su-18 so much. I've gotten everything except scout with it. I think it has less range than the bison though.

Edit: although it is the only spg i ever played, so maybe i am missing something special.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 06 2010 01:46 GMT
#118
Yeah SPGs are pretty fun. ^^
I think it's a bit harder to play the low tier ones because as you said, the range is pretty short (you can hit the whole map once you get the higher tiers) and everyone is actually moving pretty fast.
The heavies on the other hand are much slower, even though some of them are kinda fast, they're still slower than the pz2 and stuff. It's easier to hit but you kinda also have more responsibility towards your team : people are counting on you to take down the biggest enemy tanks or even sometimes counter-battery the enemy artillery, which is far from being easy.
And of course they insult you if you fail.
Anyway yeah, I also have a lot of fun with my hummel. The gun is smaller than the one on the russian equivalent but the hummel can go at like 40kph which is pretty ridiculous for a SPG. I love how it can quickly move to reposition itself or just flee the enemy.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
s_side
Profile Joined May 2009
United States700 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-09 02:00:04
September 09 2010 01:48 GMT
#119
Any TL folks still playing (I'd assume so). I'm on day two, and I've been playing in a PzrJager I mostly. I'm getting my tits raped off more often than not, but having a good time and trying to limit the fail. Any obvious tips that you folks could impart on a pubbie fag would be appreciated, I'm sure.

EDIT: And can anyone shed any light on why "recruit mode" or whatever the friendly Russkie devs were caling it was removed? I'm used to games with unforgiving learning curves (and more punishing results when you lose), but it's a bit annoying to "learn" by being bent over by much more experienced players in much better tanks game after game.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
September 09 2010 02:22 GMT
#120
Yeah we've got a few people playing everyday, join channel Teamliquid by ZidaneTribal, that's where we're all in if you want to discuss ingame. :D
Most of us have higher tier tanks at this point so we probably won't be able to play with you for a couple of days til you get at least a tier 4 tank.

They changed the whole battle system and nobody understands how it works but usually (95% of the time), tanks between tier 1 and 3 are thrown in low tier battles together. Starting at tier4, people are usually put into the higher tier battles. It's a bit weird and I prefer the previous system but .. oh well. We'll see how it evolves, it's still a bit new.

a Jgpz 1 eh ? TD line !
TDs are pretty good for camping operations. Try to find good spots on all maps where there are bushes and where you have a good view on the battlefield or where the enemy usually goes. Since you're very hard to see if you don't move, you can provide some very good heavy support to your allies from a safer position behind them. That's the role of the TDs.
You usually have less armor and HP than the light/medium/heavy tanks of the same tier though so it is key to not let yourself being flanked or something because at that point you'll just be a very easy target.
Except this well .. aim for the flanks and the ass of enemy tanks if possible, that's where they're the most vulnerable but I'm pretty sure you already know that. :D
See you ingame. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1548
RotterdaM947
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 187
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck400
ToD205
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 16
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade228
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.