• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10198 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 266

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 1109 Next
Klaca
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
318 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 19:46:24
August 30 2011 19:44 GMT
#5301
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


User was warned for this post
SardonicSamurai
Profile Joined August 2011
United States10 Posts
August 30 2011 19:51 GMT
#5302
I cannot WAIT until this game is out. I'm as giddy as a school girl, lol
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 30 2011 20:04 GMT
#5303
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.

User was warned for this post
NostalgiaTag
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada508 Posts
August 30 2011 20:29 GMT
#5304
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.

User was warned for this post
Look for the flaw that lost the game not the flaw in the game.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 30 2011 20:33 GMT
#5305
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
August 30 2011 20:41 GMT
#5306
On August 31 2011 05:33 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.

You sure told him bro
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 20:45:15
August 30 2011 20:42 GMT
#5307
On August 31 2011 05:41 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:33 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.

You sure told him bro


I'm not trying to 'tell' anyone. Brah.

Pretty funny how upset y'all get over how other people play videogames.

He put 3 years into UT, 2 years into Tribes 2, 3 years into Warcraft 3, 6 years into WoW, with a whole crapton of stuff inbetween, but he didn't play Diablo 2 Classic to it's absolute pinnacle of COMPLETION?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

User was temp banned for this post.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 21:01:43
August 30 2011 20:59 GMT
#5308
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
August 30 2011 21:05 GMT
#5309
Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.


Dude this is a gaming forum. . .
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 30 2011 21:10 GMT
#5310
On August 31 2011 06:05 frontliner2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.


Dude this is a gaming forum. . .


Yes, it's filled with teenagers who are awesome and know everything. I know.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
August 30 2011 21:19 GMT
#5311
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).



Your level, except getting an "early" 99 for your epeen didn't matter anyway.

Most chars good for MF'ing were like "outskilled" at lvl 70, every skill on top was "nice" but not needed at all. It was more important to get certain key Items which allowed you to do certain stuff "easyer/faster" (be it due to enough fast cast or whatever).

Ive found basically everythign there was to find in D2 (except runes) and well, none of my chars ever reached level 90i... I normally started MF'ing at lvl 70... And played a Summoner just for fun (i just cleared the whole throne most of the time, or ported via naj's staff (?) to baal).
The only real diffrence between lvl ~70 to like 88 were i stopped:
My Merc got better/baal died faster due to this... Well... That was it, all else came from items, instead of reloading when everything was full of souls i would just change the gear for max Lightningres...

Levels were really not that important for the "common" charbuilds...

But i still wonder how a Skelleton-Poisonnova-Necro would do :p... Which needs like lvl 99 to get all synergies and everything he NEEDS up (and i think you would still have missed the AI curses).
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 21:27:42
August 30 2011 21:24 GMT
#5312
On August 31 2011 05:42 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:41 Serpico wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:33 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.

You sure told him bro


I'm not trying to 'tell' anyone. Brah.

Pretty funny how upset y'all get over how other people play videogames.

He put 3 years into UT, 2 years into Tribes 2, 3 years into Warcraft 3, 6 years into WoW, with a whole crapton of stuff inbetween, but he didn't play Diablo 2 Classic to it's absolute pinnacle of COMPLETION?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!

You're the one getting flustered here. just saying you look ridiculous trying to tell people off for playing a game on a gaming forum.
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 21:28:49
August 30 2011 21:28 GMT
#5313
Bibdy didn't say anything very aggressive anyway... if you scroll to the top he was the one being made fun of without provocation. Either way, you guys should probably stop arguing and start talking about diablo 3.


WTB playing a witch doctor soon!

Klaca
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
318 Posts
August 30 2011 21:29 GMT
#5314
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).

Uhh guess again. LoD is a joke, getting lvl 99 is easy..

In Classic, you need 50 000 diablo runs for lvl 99. And guess what, last ladder one guy did it. Yes, 50 000 diablo runs.
thOr6136
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Slovenia1775 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 21:38:44
August 30 2011 21:35 GMT
#5315
On August 31 2011 06:29 Klaca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).

Uhh guess again. LoD is a joke, getting lvl 99 is easy..

In Classic, you need 50 000 diablo runs for lvl 99. And guess what, last ladder one guy did it. Yes, 50 000 diablo runs.


Why so ignorant? That does not make LoD a joke, only classic über hardcore and 99 is not easy to make, stop shit talking plz =.=
Klaca
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
318 Posts
August 30 2011 21:39 GMT
#5316
On August 31 2011 06:35 thOr6136 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 06:29 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).

Uhh guess again. LoD is a joke, getting lvl 99 is easy..

In Classic, you need 50 000 diablo runs for lvl 99. And guess what, last ladder one guy did it. Yes, 50 000 diablo runs.


Why so ignorant? That does not make LoD a joke, only classic über hardcore and 99 is not easy to make.

Just being real dude. Baal runs are so easy on LoD its a joke. You could be face smashed drunk barely conscious and be able to do them. Not so in classic CS runs, where you need complete focus, well coordinated team work, and no screw ups by any part of the team. And you need 10x more runs to complete task.
This is important lesson for D3 devs to learn - dont make D3 endgame content a joke like LoD's is. And dont fuck up the item system to further worsen it.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
August 30 2011 21:58 GMT
#5317
On August 31 2011 05:42 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:41 Serpico wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:33 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.

You sure told him bro


I'm not trying to 'tell' anyone. Brah.

Pretty funny how upset y'all get over how other people play videogames.

He put 3 years into UT, 2 years into Tribes 2, 3 years into Warcraft 3, 6 years into WoW, with a whole crapton of stuff inbetween, but he didn't play Diablo 2 Classic to it's absolute pinnacle of COMPLETION?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!



You're the one claiming to have lost interest in classic Diablo 2 based on a clearly wrong assumption. It's like somebody claiming to have lost interest in SC2 because they thought they had to complete the single player campaign twice forwards and backwards on every difficulty before they could play multiplayer.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 22:27:21
August 30 2011 22:07 GMT
#5318
On August 31 2011 06:58 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 05:42 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:41 Serpico wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:33 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:29 Tag wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:04 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:44 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 04:06 Bibdy wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:36 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 03:29 Bibdy wrote:
Yeah, pretty much all mana concerns could be countered by spending more gold on mana potions. Even mana burn creatures (with a bunch of minions with the same trait!) could be countered by just popping more of the things. It was pretty goofy design, and the only way to make the game challenging at that point was to just make things excessively strong to the point where Rejuvenation potions became vital for survival.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would had to keep swapping back and forth between characters because their gear just couldn't keep up. You had to farm with a more SkillPoint-dependent class (e.g. Sorc) until you'd farmed up the gear to make your gear-dependent class (e.g. Barb) able to kill something in the next area.
That retarded gameplay element only became a part of D2 as the dumbass balance team were assfucking the game. There are no shoppable mana pots, and spell mana usage(no spell cooldowns exist, higher integer spell cost) is significantly higher in original versions of the game


Eh, it was still better. I completely lost interest in original D2 when I got through Act 4, because I did the math and figured out how many times I needed to farm Act 4 before I could stand a chance in Nightmare Act 1 - under the assumption that hitting level 30 would have made things a hell of a lot easier, which it would have as a Sorc. Act 5 filled the gap nicely (almost to excess) and introduced me to a much grander game than what I'd been doing with it (play each character once to kill Diablo, then start another) up to that point.
Serious?
[image loading]
I completed nightmare at level 28 and was doing nm cs runs until 30. Monster level lower in classic.


fr srs brah

Not all of us are video-gaming cyborgs with nothing better to do than play one game to death.


Your on the wrong website to be insulting "nerds" i suggest you use the "log-off" button and go back to your football websites.


Or maybe I like to play a lot of games and move on after a certain amount of time to another one, rather than play one game to death only for 10-12 years later brag about how I completed it much better than someone else did. I dunno. Call me crazy if you want.

You sure told him bro


I'm not trying to 'tell' anyone. Brah.

Pretty funny how upset y'all get over how other people play videogames.

He put 3 years into UT, 2 years into Tribes 2, 3 years into Warcraft 3, 6 years into WoW, with a whole crapton of stuff inbetween, but he didn't play Diablo 2 Classic to it's absolute pinnacle of COMPLETION?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!



You're the one claiming to have lost interest in classic Diablo 2 based on a clearly wrong assumption. It's like somebody claiming to have lost interest in SC2 because they thought they had to complete the single player campaign twice forwards and backwards on every difficulty before they could play multiplayer.


A clearly wrong assumption? Based on one guy being hardcore enough to get through all of Nightmare mode by level 28? You're kidding right? Being meticulous as holy hell on my way through the game, checking every nook and cranny, I was probably level 24, at best, on my run-of-the-mill Sorceress by the end of Act 4. I tried Nightmare mode and would get promptly 1-shot, or ran OOM too quickly bringing things down for it to be an enjoyable experience. So, it was either try to level up more by farming Act 4, or start over with different builds of the same character, or try different characters. I picked the latter option a few times until I got bored and found something else to do.

But, according to you guys, there was ONE way to play Diablo 2 Classic? Well crap. Must have missed that part of the manual. Such a shame I was too busy playing Unreal Tournament to join this elite squad of Diablo 2 Classic Players. If ONLY I was as amazing (read: obsessed) as them to keep playing a repetitive action RPG to get my way through the entire game. Woe is me.

Oh wait, LoD came out a couple years later and, combined with my experience of what builds sucked, made that part of the game a lot more enjoyable, allowing me to experience Hell-mode Baal runs et al without having to restart the same game over and and over again.

Seems like it was the right call to make, to me.

On August 31 2011 06:24 Serpico wrote:

You're the one getting flustered here. just saying you look ridiculous trying to tell people off for playing a game on a gaming forum.


Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it's you (since you're apparently siding with Klaca) trying to tell me off for playing in a manner that doesn't coincide with their own. That places you under that category.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12010 Posts
August 30 2011 22:09 GMT
#5319
On August 31 2011 06:39 Klaca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 06:35 thOr6136 wrote:
On August 31 2011 06:29 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).

Uhh guess again. LoD is a joke, getting lvl 99 is easy..

In Classic, you need 50 000 diablo runs for lvl 99. And guess what, last ladder one guy did it. Yes, 50 000 diablo runs.


Why so ignorant? That does not make LoD a joke, only classic über hardcore and 99 is not easy to make.

Just being real dude. Baal runs are so easy on LoD its a joke. You could be face smashed drunk barely conscious and be able to do them. Not so in classic CS runs, where you need complete focus, well coordinated team work, and no screw ups by any part of the team. And you need 10x more runs to complete task.
This is important lesson for D3 devs to learn - dont make D3 endgame content a joke like LoD's is. And dont fuck up the item system to further worsen it.


To be honest, for almost every single person it does not make a difference at all if you need 5000 or 50000 runs. It's a lot of runs you won't do completely, it does not really matter if you miss 4800 runs or 49800 in the end.
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 22:17:23
August 30 2011 22:14 GMT
#5320
On August 31 2011 06:35 thOr6136 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 06:29 Klaca wrote:
On August 31 2011 05:59 Goldfish wrote:
In Diablo 2 someone did the math to level from 90 to 99 (it's on the diablo wiki here)

Start Level End Level Baal Runs Total Baal Runs % Complete
90 91 20 20 0.36%
91 92 30 50 0.90%
92 93 45 90 1.63%
93 94 60 155 2.61%
94 95 110 265 4.8%
95 96 210 475 8.6%
96 97 450 925 16.7%
97 98 1100 2025 36.6%
98 99 3500 5525 100%


So it takes 5525 Baal runs to go from level 90 to 99. That's 184 hours of non stop baal running (if each baal run took 2 minutes max[in reality it takes a bit longer]).

Also someone did the math and apparently getting the Runes required to form Enigma (before 1.13 where they significantly increased the drop rates) took 5+ years of MFing (I forgot how many hours of MFing every day).

Makes nearly every single MMO look like a joke in terms of grind factor.

But yeah I kind of see why they wanted to keep the cap at 60. IMO getting items is more fun than trying to level up in Diablo 2. At least with items it grants variety.

(Also they're planning on increasing the level cap with each expansion like WoW).

Uhh guess again. LoD is a joke, getting lvl 99 is easy..

In Classic, you need 50 000 diablo runs for lvl 99. And guess what, last ladder one guy did it. Yes, 50 000 diablo runs.


Why so ignorant? That does not make LoD a joke, only classic über hardcore and 99 is not easy to make, stop shit talking plz =.=

I wouldn't call Diablo a joke although it's completely easy, it does take a lot of time to get 98-99. If each baal run lasted 2 minutes you'd definitely get r/d after a few games but runs take about 3 minutes assuming a full party and what not, this was in Hardcore too, but my friend was extremely fast at teleporting with no MH.
Now that I think about it 5k baal runs is nothing when it's retarded easy to do over and over T_T
Then again people just bot and afk until 99 T_____T make D3 sexy please.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Prev 1 264 265 266 267 268 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
SteadfastSC486
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 38m
OSC
18h 38m
Stellar Fest
18h 38m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.