• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:58
CEST 08:58
KST 15:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 1431 Next
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
June 07 2010 05:49 GMT
#101
On June 07 2010 14:03 InsideTheBox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2010 08:09 matthewfoulkes wrote:
as a new player i wana stomp people in pubs who do i play?


I'd recommend Shaco, Nidalee, or Twitch. New players just can't seem to deal with roaming ganks or invisibility very well. Also you can backdoor pretty well with all three and if you're fed enough will take down towers.


Not gonna lie, all of those characters will rape pubs. But nidalee will take a lot more skill than just facerolling (COUGH COUGH SONER COUGH COUGH). It's hard to get kills with her if you don't know what you're doing, plus I doubt noobies here know how to skill shot properly anyways to make her javelin efficient.

Oh, try TF, he's fairly easy to play.
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 06:17:03
June 07 2010 05:51 GMT
#102
annie is best pub stomper by far no question good game
i am obviously completely biased wee :D
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 05:56:19
June 07 2010 05:52 GMT
#103
On June 06 2010 22:52 Kaniol wrote:
Yay for the new thread!


Show nested quote +
On June 06 2010 20:29 Madkipz wrote:
Holy scruff didnt realise EU was this void of TL people XD

EU has very bad opinion amongst LOL players unfortunately

I play on the US servers cus most of the TL people are on the USA server. Shouldn't be too bad.

Also, dont forget Ryze as pumstomping char. People will allways argue him as "overpowered" because he can burst low hp people down and be useful -> neglectable undtil his ultimate is ready again. I also have my moments as pupstomping as Corki. Once I met really low Elo I went 30-2-16 after 30 minutes (as Corki, as he is my best carrie).

ZERG_RUSSIAN btw, what BO do you use for Cho nowadays (even though you might now play him because of the feast bug), I used some Morwag's armor ->Merc/Sorc-> Mejai -> RoA -> GA -> improvisation.
In the woods, there lurks..
Sosha
Profile Joined August 2004
United States749 Posts
June 07 2010 06:37 GMT
#104
I was wondering why I couldn't unlock a character..
I have like 3x's as much IP that I need.. but when I try to click on it, it just shows how much IP I would have left after purchasing.. and doesn't do anything.

wtf ><
Tranquility through fluid Motion. GlowBabyGlow.
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 07:10:37
June 07 2010 06:40 GMT
#105
On June 06 2010 20:29 Iplaythings wrote:

Also, dont forget Ryze as pumstomping char. People will allways argue him as "overpowered" because he can burst low hp people down and be useful -> neglectable undtil his ultimate is ready again.

luckily his ult has a 40 second CD before reduction, and everytime he casts a spell all his spells reduce their CD by 1 second
You can't milk those!
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 06:54:15
June 07 2010 06:46 GMT
#106
On June 07 2010 14:49 Soloside wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2010 14:03 InsideTheBox wrote:
On June 07 2010 08:09 matthewfoulkes wrote:
as a new player i wana stomp people in pubs who do i play?


I'd recommend Shaco, Nidalee, or Twitch. New players just can't seem to deal with roaming ganks or invisibility very well. Also you can backdoor pretty well with all three and if you're fed enough will take down towers.
Not gonna lie, all of those characters will rape pubs. But nidalee will take a lot more skill than just facerolling (COUGH COUGH SONER COUGH COUGH). It's hard to get kills with her if you don't know what you're doing, plus I doubt noobies here know how to skill shot properly anyways to make her javelin efficient.

Oh, try TF, he's fairly easy to play.
err... of the 4 heroes you've mentioned i'd say nidalee is by far the easiest. like BY FAR the easiest. twitch is actually extremely hard to play, shaco requires a decent level of finesse, TF requires awareness of a various number of factors. nidalee you just need to know that alt+E is a self heal and faceroll as cougar.

as for my input, i'd probably say udyr is the best pub stomper. at lower levels people are going to be pushing lanes like donks so you'll be able to get easy kills out of the jungle with red/blue. you'll prob even have a full, unwarded jungle as well to level up super fast. he's thick enough that you won't die due to bad luck, does immense amounts of damage, can escape really well, and has decent backdooring ability if it comes down to it (just don't build him sunfire cloak then). he's still an amazing hero at higher levels of play so it won't be "wasted skill" trying to learn him (ryze, eve, yi, twitch sorta). just my 2 cents.

also turkey i think you attributed the quote to the wrong person in that last post.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
June 07 2010 06:58 GMT
#107
I just started playing
FINALLY got my first win after losing 5 games...

Can anyone give me advice for shen/ashe?
those are the only heros i've played so far..

I played a load of dota a 1-2 years back so i'm familiar with the flow of the game, I just don't know items and skills and stuff
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
June 07 2010 07:57 GMT
#108
Shen is currently imba, but after next patch when they nerf Feint he won't be. He'll still be friggin' annoying though. He's great at laning. Find a ranged carry to 2man with.
Gozey is a bad Shen.

Ashe is really boring and easy. She has a "skill"shot that is amazing at low ELO while still pretty good at higher ELO. She's stupid easy to play until you start fighting actually really good people.
Gozey is a good Ashe.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
ldrs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States31 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 10:20:05
June 07 2010 09:15 GMT
#109
First post in the TL LoL thread, was following the old thread for about 2 months and figured I'd post since there's a new one. In-game ID is Ldrs, summoner level 29. Haven't been to the TL channel yet but I'll try to show up if my usual group isn't on or maybe show up to grab some people to fill a premade .

Hoping to get some advice on playing Udyr. Is locket Udyr a running gag between veteran players? I keep getting mixed messages saying he's awful or he's really good from people with 300+ wins. I'm also not sure on the best jungling path to take on him and the best starting items for him. I tried getting mana crystal/2hpots first to build locket a bit faster and did fairly well jungling even though everyone told me to get cloth armor/5hpots.
I always get blue buff first for mana regen and just jungle from there trying to gank at 4 with bear if possible and getting dragon at around level 7-8. I find that if I don't build locket I can't constantly stance dance and generally do worse in teamfights and if I build triforce first I've noticed my damage output doesn't increase all that much. The support/utility Udyr gains from locket seems to be too good but people are telling me locket Udyr is mediocre.


On June 07 2010 04:46 Tippereth wrote:
Are there any established Karthus players around these parts that can give me item tips? I always just end up free-balling and doing well, but I have survival issues if my teammates aren't entirely on the ball during team fights and was curious if doing something like rushing a Rylai's is smart or not.


I don't really consider myself as a high tier player but I am pretty confident as Karthus. I'm summoner level 29 and have 58 games played as him (33wins, 25 losses). Wrote a Karthus guide for this thread real quick read it if you want to:
+ Show Spoiler +

ITEMS:
Start with a mana crystal and two health potions. Build your mana crystal into a catalyst for your rod of ages, get boots inbetween items whenever is convenient. After rod of ages you upgrade your boots to sorc shoes and then start building rylai's. Any items after those 3 is dependant on what the other team is doing. RoA and rylai's SHOULD be enough health for a bit of survivability so I usually pick a beefy AP item. If there isn't really any MR stacking going on in the other team I build a Zhonya's for the AP and the active ability or build void staff if they have some MR. I find that RoA, sorc shoes, and rylai's already makes Karthus really good and games don't usually go beyond that so just use some judgement on what you want after that.

MASTERIES:
I run with 9/0/20 (I'm not level 30 yet), 9 points in offense to get archaic knowledge and sometimes 10 to get burning embers and the rest into the useful utility masteries. I find that the 1 mana regen/sec mastery in the utility tree is helpful for Karthus early game incase you aren't landing your last hits and the 3% movespeed helps a bit since Karthus has a pretty slow base ms. I always run ghost/ignite so improved ghost isn't THAT bad to get down the utility tree since your other option (3.33% less time spent dead) kinda sucks.

RUNES:
I'm completely clueless as to what the BEST runes are for Karthus. I would imagine MS quints (or so I was told), and some MPen stuff. I haven't really thought about optimizing my Karthus with runes yet, sorry. Still KIND OF new to the game so I've been spending IP on new champs.
My runebook pages are a mess if you cared enough to look at them

SKILLING:
For skilling order you get lay waste at level 1, defile at level 2, wall of pain at 3 (never leveling this again until you HAVE to) and then max lay waste and defile when you can getting your ult whenever you can as well. Wall of pain DOES benefit a decent amount from leveling up but I find that it's already really good at level 1 and serves it's purpose well at that level. Your damage output during the laning phase is mostly lay waste and it gets a HUGE bonus every time you level it since it does twice the damage if it hits a single target allowing you to 3-4shot squishes when you're level 7 and you get it to level 4. Defile is your main damage output in teamfights and helps you sustain your mana during most of the game because of the passive, don't be afraid to turn defile on if you have a decent amount of mana even in a 1v1 fight since any extra damage helps. Tell your teammates when you're level 6 and tell them to alert you whenever someone gets below about 200hp since you have to account for magic resist. If in a solo queue I just use my mouse to hover over enemy champions on the minimap to check health in other lanes if my team isn't too great at telling me when to ult thought I find that the minimap hover tooltip sometimes shows inaccurate values so if I see someone below the damage threshold I left-click on the minimap to bring my screen on them make sure their health was low before mashing R.

During the laning phase you want to be last hitting minions with lay waste and harassing with it whenever you can. If the other guy is dumb enough to push his lane and eat some lay wastes you wall of pain him, ignite him, and chase him while lay wasting and popping ghost if needed (usually gets me an early kill depending on who I'm laning against.) You don't ever want to try pushing your lane by auto-attacking minions (this goes for most champions) or spamming lay waste on them because it wastes mana and it puts them closer to their tower making the aforemented strategy ineffective since you'll have to tower dive to get the kill. If you ever need to back, try to spend all of your mana pushing the lane before leaving so they don't get the tower while you're gone.

During teamfights you want to get most of them in wall of pain and then turn defile on and get close. Let your initators and melee guys go in first and then ghost in and wall of pain the other team and turn defile on while lay wasting as much as you can. Later on in the game your ult will hit pretty hard so you can TRY to ult DURING a teamfight if your defile is already hitting most of them making sure you aren't going to die or get hit with a stun while channeling. IMO the nuke damage from your ult mid-teamfight is better than waiting for people to retreat and hitting R since EVERYONE on the other team will lose a decent chunk of their health, tiding the teamfight in your favor. If you get a pretty decent amount of kills, lategame Karthus is totally a teamfight winner with wall of pain and massive aoe damage with an ult that kills anyone low on health.

I've heard of some people getting lots of MS as Karthus and just maxing defile first and chasing people to death but I personally haven't tried it even though it sounds fun.

Hope I didn't make a fool of myself with this guide since I kinda wrote it on a whim, feel free to criticize me and give me advice to improve.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 10:27:55
June 07 2010 10:20 GMT
#110
On June 07 2010 09:54 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2010 09:21 Southlight wrote:
I linked this post, this time, so now you can go point people toward the first post >_>

Edit:
Also Hotshot does some weeeeeeeeeeeeeird shit.
not on nidalee....
actually yeah i've seen him go brutalizer AND youmuus.
did we ever establish whether they stacked or not?

also that post above is probably the worst one to link lol.


I vouch that they 100% stack. Its pretty good to get both, actually.

I don't understand why more karthuses don't just ult the second they hit level 6 when they solo queue. Unless you can foresee a possible kill ahead, might as well use it early and help both sidelanes establish ridiculous dominance ASAP, and let the cooldown refresh it. When I can communicate with my teammates well, I save my ult for an easy kill (get them to burst down a person for me to kill). When I can't, I just blow my ult ASAP when I hit 6, while sidelanes are sittnig at level 3 or 4. I sometimes even blow my ignite at the enemy mid and throw down rally to boost my ult by a little bit; it really hurts a chunk that will usually end up sending one or two champs back home.
Zutta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States102 Posts
June 07 2010 11:34 GMT
#111
I am a new player to the whole DOTA scene and im still trying to get comforable with the flow of the game, i kind of understand the basic concepts and such but i cant seem to find a hero class that i like. Being melee in this game is INSANLY difficult so ive been playing a lot with teemo and ashe, are there any other characters that are like them that i should look into trying out?
eye for an eye
Exouds
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 12:01:33
June 07 2010 12:00 GMT
#112
On June 07 2010 18:15 ldrs wrote:
Hoping to get some advice on playing Udyr. Is locket Udyr a running gag between veteran players? I keep getting mixed messages saying he's awful or he's really good from people with 300+ wins. I'm also not sure on the best jungling path to take on him and the best starting items for him. I tried getting mana crystal/2hpots first to build locket a bit faster and did fairly well jungling even though everyone told me to get cloth armor/5hpots.


I don't play him personally so I'm afraid I can't give you specific build advice, but locket Udyr into sunfire capes is quite popular right now in high elo. A while ago playing Udyr coupled with another healer on the team was a very common and annoying thing to go up against due to the great pushing and map presence capabilities.

On June 07 2010 19:20 Juicyfruit wrote:
I don't understand why more karthuses don't just ult the second they hit level 6


Just a little bit after you hit level 6 at mid there is usually a sidelane gank from your jungler if you have one, waiting a bit and netting a kill helps a lot more while still helping the other lane. It should be noted that if one of your lanes is getting dominated Karthus' ult won't change the tide much, it instead needs a gank, preferably by yourself as Karthus is a very potent ganker. When to use your ult is an extremely important decision because it has one of the longest cooldowns in the game at level 1.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
June 07 2010 12:11 GMT
#113
building a mix of magic pen/survival is teh way to go with karthus as his ap ratios suck gigantic balls except for his ult
there isnt even a point in trying to karthus ult snipe someone as nearly every team runs soraka , and she presses R and lulz <_<
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 14:54:05
June 07 2010 14:25 GMT
#114
Locket Udyr is quite nice. redtooth has an inherent bias for him because the man dominated TT and made redtooth ragequit TT, but I don't think he's particularly that dominant on SR - any gank that Udyr does pretty much could have been done by every other jungler. Probably the biggest thing about Locket is that it's pretty bad as an item late-game, so you're really needing to teampush the moment you get it.

On June 07 2010 20:34 Zutta wrote:
I am a new player to the whole DOTA scene and im still trying to get comforable with the flow of the game, i kind of understand the basic concepts and such but i cant seem to find a hero class that i like. Being melee in this game is INSANLY difficult so ive been playing a lot with teemo and ashe, are there any other characters that are like them that i should look into trying out?


Welcome.

Melee in LoL is indeed difficult, and has been relatively cyclical. Melee DPS tends to get shafted because you're forced to invest in a multitude of different stats as you balance survivability versus damage output.

Teemo and Ashe are both ranged support/damage characters - off the top of my head the closest you'll get to a third support dps ranged hero is Nidalee, who is arguably not even really ranged DPS half the time anyways. Corki, Tristana, and Twisted Fate are some more pureblood ranged DPS carry heroes if that's what you're going for.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
June 07 2010 15:09 GMT
#115
On June 07 2010 23:25 Southlight wrote:
Locket Udyr is quite nice. redtooth has an inherent bias for him because the man dominated TT and made redtooth ragequit TT, but I don't think he's particularly that dominant on SR - any gank that Udyr does pretty much could have been done by every other jungler. Probably the biggest thing about Locket is that it's pretty bad as an item late-game, so you're really needing to teampush the moment you get it.

Show nested quote +
On June 07 2010 20:34 Zutta wrote:
I am a new player to the whole DOTA scene and im still trying to get comforable with the flow of the game, i kind of understand the basic concepts and such but i cant seem to find a hero class that i like. Being melee in this game is INSANLY difficult so ive been playing a lot with teemo and ashe, are there any other characters that are like them that i should look into trying out?


Welcome.

Melee in LoL is indeed difficult, and has been relatively cyclical. Melee DPS tends to get shafted because you're forced to invest in a multitude of different stats as you balance survivability versus damage output.

Teemo and Ashe are both ranged support/damage characters - off the top of my head the closest you'll get to a third support dps ranged hero is Nidalee, who is arguably not even really ranged DPS half the time anyways. Corki, Tristana, and Twisted Fate are some more pureblood ranged DPS carry heroes if that's what you're going for.


Also obligatory Jax mention if u want to learn how to play a melee carry.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 07 2010 15:21 GMT
#116
Honestly the only melee "carry" I'd recommend is Nasus. Jax is nice but for all the talk about his OPness I don't actually see teams with Jax win that often. He's much more of an early-mid-game hero than an actual carry.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Malderon
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands136 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 17:17:46
June 07 2010 16:51 GMT
#117
On June 07 2010 14:52 Iplaythings wrote:
ZERG_RUSSIAN btw, what BO do you use for Cho nowadays (even though you might now play him because of the feast bug), I used some Morwag's armor ->Merc/Sorc-> Mejai -> RoA -> GA -> improvisation.


Since he is (temp) banned at the moment as far as I know, I'll take the liberty to direct you to his SR and TT guides:

SR: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/summoners-rift-solo-mid-cho-1180
TT: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=106034&currentpage=121

Although I somewhat doubt the usefulness of Warmogs on TT at that stage, because Feast and Frozen mallet give plenty of HP already. Better get a Thornmail or the Stark's earlier I reckon.

Edit: Also, the Feast bug SUCKS. Last game I played, we were winning anyways, but missing a crucial feast can spell disaster. So I'd advise against playing Cho'Gath in anything but practise games until it gets fixed.

Also, I believe it has something to do with the recent Feast buff, which makes that you lose a maximum of 3 stacks upon death, instead of all of them, because if memory serves, the bug only comes into effect after dying. But I'm not sure, can anyone confirm this?

Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 07 2010 17:10 GMT
#118
Should I save up for some of the 3000-6000 IP characters or stick to 1350? Currently I main Ashe and Tyre and I do pretty good with both of them (i'm still leveling up, only level 12 ATM). I'm curious if I should also save up for Sion for my overly aggressive playstyle I enjoy doing, or if there is a better choice.

P.S. - I don't want to use Jax.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 17:18:02
June 07 2010 17:11 GMT
#119
Play around with heroes as they're free, then decide whether you want to buy them or not. Unless you're rolling around in IP (like me) you're probably better off saving up. A full set of T3 runes can cost up to 27k depending on the cost of the runes you're looking at. And that's just one full set.

Edit:
Also the cost of a hero isn't really indicative of much. They're supposedly ordered via difficulty, but I've found the cost is rather arbitrary. Ezreal costs 6300, for instance, but he's one of the most overpowered and comparatively simple heroes to use. On the other hand at higher levels Ashe is very delicate to use, despite being 450, and Tryndamere, sitting at a low 1350, is pretty damn close to impossible to use.

Edit2:
On a completely unrelated note, redtooth have you come across this Ryze player named something like, no joke, gkgkfjds? There's no way in hell I'm gonna remember his name exactly but it's something recognizable like that (definitely starts with a g, and has something like g_g_). He's absolutely dominating, and seems to know every goddamn trick in the game with him, like vanishing at level 5 and jungling (wtf). So I wouldn't say learning Ryze is terrible, you just need to be really good and dedicated :D
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 07 2010 17:44 GMT
#120
On June 08 2010 02:11 Southlight wrote:
Play around with heroes as they're free, then decide whether you want to buy them or not. Unless you're rolling around in IP (like me) you're probably better off saving up. A full set of T3 runes can cost up to 27k depending on the cost of the runes you're looking at. And that's just one full set.

Edit:
Also the cost of a hero isn't really indicative of much. They're supposedly ordered via difficulty, but I've found the cost is rather arbitrary. Ezreal costs 6300, for instance, but he's one of the most overpowered and comparatively simple heroes to use. On the other hand at higher levels Ashe is very delicate to use, despite being 450, and Tryndamere, sitting at a low 1350, is pretty damn close to impossible to use.

Edit2:
On a completely unrelated note, redtooth have you come across this Ryze player named something like, no joke, gkgkfjds? There's no way in hell I'm gonna remember his name exactly but it's something recognizable like that (definitely starts with a g, and has something like g_g_). He's absolutely dominating, and seems to know every goddamn trick in the game with him, like vanishing at level 5 and jungling (wtf). So I wouldn't say learning Ryze is terrible, you just need to be really good and dedicated :D
malzahar is 6300 and useless. i would say kennen is useless too except i've seen some good kennens. eve is 3150 (and i bought her... what a waste).

only ryze i remember is heko's and it wasn't good (is he ever?). i REALLY rarely see any around at all. i'll be sure to keep an eye out for the weird name.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Leta 278
Hyuk 218
Hyun 114
Shinee 40
Hm[arnc] 32
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 749
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g8971
WinterStarcraft503
ArmadaUGS82
Nina52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1484
• Lourlo1176
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 2m
INu's Battles
5h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 2m
Replay Cast
16h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.