• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:17
CEST 17:17
KST 00:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7732 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1060

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1431 Next
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
September 30 2010 15:51 GMT
#21181
Is it possible to run jungle Nunu without smite? I really want to run port/flash on him.
#1 LoL player
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 30 2010 15:52 GMT
#21182
yea, it's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
September 30 2010 15:57 GMT
#21183
Just tried jungling Pantheon. Holy shit that is so fun. Superior ganking with double buff and smashing bishes @ lvl6 once I hit my ult. Did 4 kills before 15 min mark :D
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
September 30 2010 16:02 GMT
#21184
On October 01 2010 00:49 Scamp wrote:
I was thinking that experience quints might be really useful on some of my jungle champions not named Warwick. But I don't want to spend 6000 IP just to test them out.

Has anyone tried jungling with them?


Even if you stack mastery + zilean + quints you won't actually hit level 4 any faster (for a gank), though you *might* hit level 6 faster. I haven't done the math for level 6.

On the other hand I've heard of them being used on non-jungle champs like Nidalee who thrive on having a level advantage and love having a solo lane.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
September 30 2010 16:03 GMT
#21185
On September 30 2010 16:00 ProdT wrote:I guess what im trying to say is, team efforts can bring down a fed carry in HoN much better than in LoL, with its crazy escape mechanisms (summoner spells, skills that the carry have).


I'm not gonna argue HoN vs LoL but just wanna say that summoner skills can also be chase mechanisms. I mean, it's totally situational but it's not like the other team's carry is the only one who can flash over a wall. Properly timed exhausts can be devestating to a carry.

I do like the -gold on death mechanic but I can't say that a farmed carry in LoL will end the game. You also need to ask why the carry got to the state of being farmed and maybe more should have been done to keep him from getting there.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
September 30 2010 16:13 GMT
#21186
On October 01 2010 01:02 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 00:49 Scamp wrote:
I was thinking that experience quints might be really useful on some of my jungle champions not named Warwick. But I don't want to spend 6000 IP just to test them out.

Has anyone tried jungling with them?


Even if you stack mastery + zilean + quints you won't actually hit level 4 any faster (for a gank), though you *might* hit level 6 faster. I haven't done the math for level 6.

On the other hand I've heard of them being used on non-jungle champs like Nidalee who thrive on having a level advantage and love having a solo lane.


This is interesting. I think I'd really like them on my Jungle Karthas since he wants to get to level 11 and 16 asap.

But again, 6000 IP.

If you're doing the math, don't factor Zilean being there. Definitely include the mastery, though. Can't jungle without it.
Cheese is good for you!
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-30 16:26:34
September 30 2010 16:21 GMT
#21187
You can just do the math yourself, figure out how much experience it takes to get to your desired level, multiply by 1/1.06 and that's how much experience you need to earn to hit the same spot. After that just figure out how much experience the jungle mobs give you and do some subtraction.

That being said I feel 4.5% movespeed is going to be more useful for junglers, it lets you chase better, roam faster, navigate the jungle faster, get to a lane to defend it if an alliy dies or needs to b etc. etc.

There was a thread on the LoL forums where someone did an experiment if Zilean with the mastery and runes against someone with none of the three (19% extra experience gain) solo mid against each other and just farming, neither even went back or harassed or zoned each other. They concluded that the extra experience never put them more then a small margin of a level ahead and they were only able to reach 18 about a minute or two earlier.

That being said, I feel they would be much more useful on someone like a 1v2 Garen or a 1v2 Deny Plank
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
September 30 2010 16:45 GMT
#21188
I'm completely new to jungling and finally found a hero I like to do it with (Nunu). What're the basics I need to know?

Ruby Crystal, Smite + Flash, open Consume.
I figure since most people expect junglers to start at blue I should start at wolves and go
wolved -> wraiths -> small golems

Should I care about ganking people? At which level? Do I need red and/or blue?
#1 LoL player
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
September 30 2010 16:48 GMT
#21189
On October 01 2010 01:13 Scamp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 01:02 phyvo wrote:
On October 01 2010 00:49 Scamp wrote:
I was thinking that experience quints might be really useful on some of my jungle champions not named Warwick. But I don't want to spend 6000 IP just to test them out.

Has anyone tried jungling with them?


Even if you stack mastery + zilean + quints you won't actually hit level 4 any faster (for a gank), though you *might* hit level 6 faster. I haven't done the math for level 6.

On the other hand I've heard of them being used on non-jungle champs like Nidalee who thrive on having a level advantage and love having a solo lane.


This is interesting. I think I'd really like them on my Jungle Karthas since he wants to get to level 11 and 16 asap.

But again, 6000 IP.

If you're doing the math, don't factor Zilean being there. Definitely include the mastery, though. Can't jungle without it.


Well the thing is, if you want to reach 11/16 faster the jungle math doesn't really factor into it because there's no way you're going to jungle that whole time.

If you do one jungle "cycle" (golem/lizard and each small camp twice) you're at 2042 xp when you need 2340 xp for level 6, as opposed to just having 1932 from just masteries. So you might be able to level to 6 just from one successful gank at 4 and then returning to your jungle.

As for levels 11 and 16 there's no reason to math out jungling because you won't be jungling all the time and stuff will happen. The benefit just depends a lot on the situation though I'd expect you'd benefit less from XP quints than a solo laner would, but obviously more than the duo lane.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 30 2010 16:49 GMT
#21190
ruby is a no no.

cloth armor + some number of HP pots. NuNu only needs 2 iirc, so you can do 2 hp pots + sight ward. If you're not gonna start at golem, you should start small golems, not wolves, that way you can do small gol (level up) -> wraiths -> wolves (level up) -> golem. not sure about the runing and crap with NuNu.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
September 30 2010 16:50 GMT
#21191
Usually not worth trying to gank without red buff. Most good junglers finish red by level 4, and gank then.

Nunu can/should gank with red buff for sure. He has a mild steroid/speed boost and a ranged slow, so he can get kills.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 30 2010 16:53 GMT
#21192
actually, nunu can get away with ganking w/o red since hes got a fantastic, lowcd seminuke/slow with good range, but red certainly helps
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 30 2010 16:55 GMT
#21193
There are only about 3 champs that I think are good gankers at level 4 with red buff and the rest should just keep jungling: Nunu, Chogath and Pantheon. Obviously if you have a GREAT opportunity like they pushed to tower at low hp you should go for it but most champs can't force a gank like those three can. Olaf's got a slow, Warwick's got Blood Scent, Yi has Alpha but none of those are anywhere near as strong as those 3. MAYBE Shen or Rammus if they're jungling.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Kingske
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium252 Posts
September 30 2010 16:57 GMT
#21194
cho gath? awfully slow IMO
Bravery! - Livestream.com/frogtails
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 30 2010 16:59 GMT
#21195
ur missing udyr, he has a great lvl 4 gank
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 30 2010 17:02 GMT
#21196
For Nunu, open Cloth and some hp pots. You need some health recovery besides Consume since it has high CD. Gank at level 3-4, as soon as you have red and level 2 E. Get Madreds or HoG as your first item (I prefer HoG => Banshee).
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
September 30 2010 17:03 GMT
#21197
WW should just attempt ganks repeatedly because he jungles so fast and stays at full health so he loses almost nothing from a level 4 gank attempt and probably force summoner spells being spent at the very least, if not some serious damage.

Udyr can gank just fine on anyone that's anywhere past the river or close to the river brush.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
September 30 2010 17:11 GMT
#21198
Really? idk, maybe my memory's a little fuzzy and I have played him in a while but I don't recall needing hp pots at all. When I jungle nunu (on my smurf) I do just fine with doran's ring/doran's shield.

Retvrn to Forvms
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-30 17:21:10
September 30 2010 17:17 GMT
#21199
hey guys, I have a couple of quick questions.
Do Apen runes work with Garen's judgement considering that it's physical damage?
his judgement doesn't apply on-hit affects like cleaver, right?
so its probably not worth buying any apen items over your tank items on him...
edit: also, what spells do people typically run on garen?

also, I'm interested in buying another 3150 or two 1350 and a 450 champ or something like that.
I was hoping that they would synergize with some of the runes I have though.
I have apen marks and quints, and full mres/lvl and mp5/lvl seals and glyphs.
anybody have any suggestions for interesting / strong and viable / fun characters that i could buy that fall into this price range?
I was looking at udyr and pantheon, but am not sure if those runes are ideal. I don't mind not trying them out beforehand because I am interested in grabbing quite a few heroes to play so that when i start ranked again i won't ever be banned/have my only main hero taken ^_^

edit: i already have ezreal, kayle, tristana (apparently getting the riot girl skin gives you the hero!), garen. my friend suggested that i get kog to complete the line of "carries that were/are considered OP" but he seems too easymode / banned right now (not to mention that 6150 IP is gross T_T).
Hey! Listen!
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-30 17:20:07
September 30 2010 17:17 GMT
#21200
On October 01 2010 01:57 Kingske wrote:
cho gath? awfully slow IMO

Have you seen it or are you just guessing? I only say this because he's actually one of the fastest junglers. His passive vorpal gives him +30 a hit in AoE with 2 points in it, plus rupture is sick and his innate passive makes him pretty much never have to heal. I regularly clear my entire jungle or half of mine and half of theirs with potions still left over and both buffs with full hp while keeping up with the solo lanes. I've outleveled solo lanes as Cho jungling after hitting a gank. If you rush RoA while jungling you can get it in 15 minutes pretty consistently, which is pretty good IMO. Rupture + red buff and ghost makes you pretty much guaranteed to kill someone regardless of flash/ghost/exhaust whatever. I dunno I just feel like that's a terribly uninformed statement.

[edit] Oh, I get it, you're trolling. Disregard. [/edit]
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Prev 1 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM329
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 329
Reynor 222
ByuN 153
TKL 120
Railgan 79
Codebar 65
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60287
Bisu 2865
FanTaSy 1030
Stork 849
Calm 604
Rush 427
hero 412
firebathero 202
Snow 142
Sharp 91
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Mind 66
Sea.KH 52
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Sexy 32
Mong 25
Bale 25
Terrorterran 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Aegong 21
Rock 20
HiyA 17
soO 17
Sacsri 10
Shine 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8458
Dendi1054
Counter-Strike
fl0m4307
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2299
Liquid`RaSZi1404
B2W.Neo734
Beastyqt587
olofmeister482
Mlord457
Khaldor425
KnowMe299
Hui .214
crisheroes174
Chillindude61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 43m
OSC
7h 43m
Replay Cast
7h 43m
OSC
20h 43m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.