• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:29
CEST 04:29
KST 11:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6128 users

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Pr0xxis
Profile Joined July 2010
United States60 Posts
October 18 2010 04:47 GMT
#101
Seems like a failed attempt at getting more money from the WoW populace. Once you hit 80 and realize from there its another endless grind, just for gear instead of xp, it just gets boring. PuGing is annoying. Rolling tanks that can't do there job and dps who is incompetent and arrogant. Not to mention the elitists.

On a positive note I do like the new races an that alone might make me play again. If I can spare the time from SCII anywho.
Hizzo
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States193 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 07:00:58
October 18 2010 06:58 GMT
#102
On October 18 2010 13:44 RiB wrote:
So glad I quit WoW as well, but I do miss it sometimes it was pretty fun.


Sometimes I feel this way. But after raiding in a top 10 US guild for 2 years it got stale for me but I look back on it fondly. Not like I had anything better to do at the time.

The expansion looks exciting but I do not feel it appeals to me (raid content gets pretty stale and predictable after awhile), although it looks like they are making numerous PvE improvements to appeal to their 99%. Being the 1% is great but so bad at the same time.
HuK HuK HuK HuK HuK HuK HuK HuK HuK
dthree
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia150 Posts
October 18 2010 07:16 GMT
#103
Anybody know how much 'less painful' it is to level up to 80 now? iirc it was extremely painful when i did it
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
October 18 2010 07:34 GMT
#104
I think I'm gonna go with Guild Wars 2 rather than Cataclysm personally.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
October 18 2010 07:37 GMT
#105
On October 18 2010 16:16 dthree wrote:
Anybody know how much 'less painful' it is to level up to 80 now? iirc it was extremely painful when i did it


Really, I never found it painful to hit 80 at all. Let me preface the next bit by saying that I had no life when I played WoW.

1-60 was tough before BC hit, then it was much easier, but still fairly dull. RAF made the process an absolute joke, especially with granting levels... that was fun.

60-70 was a bit of a grind, but never reached anywhere near the level of the vanilla 1-60

70-80 was a joke in comparison.

I started a RAF toon with a friend about a week before WotLK hit. Hit 70 with three days to spare, and then went into WotLK with greens, since I was too lazy to get welfare epics. I hit it in 2-3 days, managing to sleep 8 hours each night and not fall behind on showering and the like.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
October 18 2010 07:54 GMT
#106
On October 18 2010 16:16 dthree wrote:
Anybody know how much 'less painful' it is to level up to 80 now? iirc it was extremely painful when i did it


I'm currently in the middle of leveling a new Huntard for Cataclysm, I've been playing for about 2 days maybe 4-5 hours a day at various intervals, he'll be level 20 by tonight.

With the new BG experience and low level dungeon finder, leveling is a breeze
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 08:33:05
October 18 2010 08:29 GMT
#107
WoW interest is at an all time low for me at the moment with the new patch breaking everything (feels more like a live beta than a real patch). Being restricted to 1 ICC instance per character, figuring out new talent specs that aren't all that fun to play. I realize that the game may be too easy but forcing extra buttons for the sake of it ain't all that great. Sound's bugged as well. The *shinier* graphics look a little off and less pleasing to the eye as before.

As a long time hardcore fan of WoW, I find it really sad that in Cataclysm they are revamping all the zones, the very same zones where most of us who enjoyed classic WoW were immersed deeply into and had fond memories of. I LOVE the Warcraft Universe, I've memorized most parts of the current world and feel like I've accomplished being a true Loremaster in every sense of the word.

WoW seems to come up with more and more gimmicks ever since ActiBlizz stepped in, I mean Gnome Priests and Tauren Paladins are a joke, and heroic classic instances being recycled is a huge disappointment in terms of new content.

Seems like WoW is all about getting from Point A to Point B in the quickest/easiest way possible now: Dungeon queue, RAF, BG leveling etc. Though flying mounts were a cool addition in Outland, where it was fun to explore all the broken up land masses/TK, flying mounts in Azeroth are just going to make the experience forgettable. Wrath content did not connect with me as much as I, the player, felt way bigger than the world, as you pretty much fly over everything and don't care much for it. (I can pretty much run through most of Classic/TBC in my mind, that's how nerdy I am about the game :X)

In short, 9 80s, leveled by hand (outside of BGs), hardcore WoW player running out of things to do. Don't get me wrong, I think WoLTK was *OK*, I just feel Cataclysm coming and trying to change everything at once is going to turn out bad.

Hopefully I'm wrong about Cataclysm, but it's going to take a lot of exciting new content to justify killing the old Azeroth to me. But with the main staple of 85 being Heroic recycled instances, badge farming (valor points in this case), and Molten Core/BWL v2.0, I certainly don't expect that to happen.

Till then, more playing SC2 + watching PL, hooray
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
October 18 2010 08:32 GMT
#108
On October 18 2010 16:16 dthree wrote:
Anybody know how much 'less painful' it is to level up to 80 now? iirc it was extremely painful when i did it

Recruit a friend. 400% xp. People would level to 80 in a week.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
October 18 2010 08:42 GMT
#109
On October 18 2010 17:29 IntoTheEmo wrote:
WoW interest is at an all time low for me at the moment with the new patch breaking everything (feels more like a live beta than a real patch). Being restricted to 1 ICC instance per character, figuring out new talent specs that aren't all that fun to play. I realize that the game may be too easy but forcing extra buttons for the sake of it ain't all that great. Sound's bugged as well. The *shinier* graphics look a little off and less pleasing to the eye as before.

As a long time hardcore fan of WoW, I find it really sad that in Cataclysm they are revamping all the zones, the very same zones where most of us who enjoyed classic WoW were immersed deeply into and had fond memories of. I LOVE the Warcraft Universe, I've memorized most parts of the current world and feel like I've accomplished being a true Loremaster in every sense of the word.

WoW seems to come up with more and more gimmicks ever since ActiBlizz stepped in, I mean Gnome Priests and Tauren Paladins are a joke, and heroic classic instances being recycled is a huge disappointment in terms of new content.

Seems like WoW is all about getting from Point A to Point B in the quickest/easiest way possible now: Dungeon queue, RAF, BG leveling etc. Though flying mounts were a cool addition in Outland, where it was fun to explore all the broken up land masses/TK, flying mounts in Azeroth are just going to make the experience forgettable. Wrath content did not connect with me as much as I, the player, felt way bigger than the world, as you pretty much fly over everything and don't care much for it. (I can pretty much run through most of Classic/TBC in my mind, that's how nerdy I am about the game :X)

In short, 9 80s, leveled by hand (outside of BGs), hardcore WoW player running out of things to do.

Hopefully I'm wrong about Cataclysm, but it's going to take a lot of exciting new content to justify killing the old Azeroth to me. But with the main staple of 85 being Heroic recycled instances, badge farming (valor points in this case), and Molten Core/BWL v2.0, I certainly don't expect that to happen.

Till then, more playing SC2 + watching PL, hooray






I'll definitely never go back to WoW, no matter how good it becomes (mostly so I don't get addicted again.) But I agree with you on a lot of points.

The changing of the environment is a really cool idea, but at the same time, the thought that the areas I came to know and love (with the exception of Silithus) will forever be changed would be heartbreaking if I were still playing the game. Personally, the most fun I ever had in the game was in vanilla, before server transfers. I played on an oceanic server that was a recommended server before the oceanic tab was created, and as such, there was a fairly large American population mixed in with the Aussies. There was a great sense of community, but also quite a few rivalries going down; when server transfers opened up, the Americans started to die out. I know at one point, the server was an absolute shell of its' former self, and I'm not sure if it has ever recovered.

That and old school AV, wall jumping, previous alchemy costs (I was of a strange breed that actually enjoyed resource farming), and unforgiving raids have made me miss the game since early BC. I still think there was a lot of improvement in BC/WotLK, but overall, I enjoyed my vanilla years more.

Interestingly enough, with Cataclysm, there would be no greater time for Blizzard to introduce a vanilla server; either straight vanilla, or up through WotLK... and with Activision and their recent money grabbing changes, it wouldn't surprise me if they went back on their word saying they'd never have a non up to date server.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
BigBadSkathe
Profile Joined September 2009
United States234 Posts
October 18 2010 08:47 GMT
#110
I will undoubtedly get this expansion the day it comes out.


I fucking hate this game.
Hey.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 08:50:26
October 18 2010 08:49 GMT
#111
--- Nuked ---
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 08:54:35
October 18 2010 08:53 GMT
#112
On October 18 2010 17:42 So no fek wrote:

Interestingly enough, with Cataclysm, there would be no greater time for Blizzard to introduce a vanilla server; either straight vanilla, or up through WotLK... and with Activision and their recent money grabbing changes, it wouldn't surprise me if they went back on their word saying they'd never have a non up to date server.


I've done a couple of recustomizations and a name change in the past for trivial things like changing skin colour to be a little more tanned etc.

I don't believe in giving Blizz my money for stuff like the in-game pets and celestial steed, but I would be elated if they announce such a thing. I'd definitely let them grab my money in that case, even if I would have to pay $$ for every character that's made there (and I'm the sort of crazy guy that has 2 Paladins on the same server and whatnot.).
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
October 18 2010 09:52 GMT
#113
Been playing a few months back in early TBC and some after introduction of the Trial of the Crusader and stuff. Since I don't play it too actively, there's decent amount of stuff to discover and the best times were doing dungeons/raids and pvp with some friends.

Hopefully world PvP becomes much more interesting once Cata hits, I'll probably have good time exploring the revamped old world and the new areas.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll just play SC2 and some Civ V etc.
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
October 18 2010 09:59 GMT
#114
Actually looking forward to Cata, I quit when we cleared Ulduar (before the next instance opened) and I'm gonna reroll to start an RMP team with 2 friends.
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
October 18 2010 10:00 GMT
#115
Blizz is going better and better every new patch / game, this looks really nice and sometimes im want to go back to WoW but arena will still sucks balls so one big NO ! : ) PvE and Lore are gonna be great there now
kasumimi
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Greece460 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 10:39:34
October 18 2010 10:37 GMT
#116
Stay away from WoW, it's bad for you.

My personal experience: I quit smoking (13 year smoker) the day I quit WoW 2 years ago and my life changed completely for the best.
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
October 18 2010 10:40 GMT
#117
I used to play pretty hardcore, but playing it in a different light really opens your eyes - not caring about all the little shit.

Any person who doesn't do all the gay achievements etc and just does some raids with a guild will have heaps of time for other stuff. Hell I have a 2 year old and I have cleared all of ICC/Wrath Content and still have time for StarCraft / Family.

My 2c
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 11:04:51
October 18 2010 11:03 GMT
#118
Haven't played in over a year but I'm coming back for this. The hype machine has got me and I'll play until SW:tOR comes out. Does TL have a guild?
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
October 18 2010 11:12 GMT
#119
On October 18 2010 19:40 SilkD wrote:
I used to play pretty hardcore, but playing it in a different light really opens your eyes - not caring about all the little shit.

Any person who doesn't do all the gay achievements etc and just does some raids with a guild will have heaps of time for other stuff. Hell I have a 2 year old and I have cleared all of ICC/Wrath Content and still have time for StarCraft / Family.

My 2c


Totally agreed dude. I used to raid 3-5 days a week when I was 16-17. Made a lot of cool friends but the game became a real drag, stopped playing in 2007 and sold my account. Came back two weeks or so ago in preparation of Cata with a new account. Convinced some of my old raider friends to play with me casually and honestly it's like a completely different game, haha.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
October 18 2010 11:13 GMT
#120
On October 18 2010 19:37 kasumimi wrote:
Stay away from WoW, it's bad for you.

My personal experience: I quit smoking (13 year smoker) the day I quit WoW 2 years ago and my life changed completely for the best.

That's bullshit. If you can't control your time it's your fault, not the games.

There are addictions everywhere. WoW including.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 247
Terrorterran 18
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 736
Counter-Strike
taco 270
minikerr40
Other Games
summit1g11868
C9.Mang0459
PiLiPiLi9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP184
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 31m
Replay Cast
20h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.