• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8368 users

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Discussion - Page 20

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
May 10 2012 11:32 GMT
#381
Don't understand how you can WoW is still a grindfest etcetc. It's always been a grindfest, every (decent) MMORPG is a grindfest...Why would you play an MMORPG which isn't a grindfest :S Obviously you dont want it a huge grindfest as i'm well aware it used to be. I remember 40-60 used to be so bad in Vanilla WoW as most of the quest chains where horrible and the zones you did to get up to 60 where just plain awful! But soon as TBC hit it was so easy. I mean looking back on how easy 0-70 was i can't beleive i did not have 5-6 level 70s by the end of it. I just had the 3 in the end. LK 70-80 was great big open zones and lots of quests made 70-80 easily achieveable in a week or two of casual play (i found) and then Cata 80-85 found that bit tedius as not as many zones which is understandable as only 5 levels worth of quests needed, but again it was pretty easy to achieve the 5 levels in under 2 weeks for sure casually playing. I remember the first day of Cata i spent it mining, and i dinged 80-81 (and half) by just mining alone, very simple and straight forward
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
May 10 2012 13:12 GMT
#382
On May 10 2012 19:39 EscPlan9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 16:45 spacek wrote:
On May 10 2012 08:54 Praetorial wrote:
On May 10 2012 08:50 thalim90 wrote:
Hey guys, I played WoW beta and WoW again for a few months, hit level 40 as a warlock but just got tired of the endless hours of grinding. Has WoW changed this aspect of the game or is it still basically a grind fest throughout?


Yes. Still a grindfest.



No, it's not a grindfest anymore- compared to the wow beta and early vanilla, this game is SO far from a grindfest


Maybe comparatively it's less of a grindfest. But yes, it definitely is a big grindfest. You grind heroic dungeons for gear so you can raid, and you raid over and over again to get better gear so you can do more raids.

Well he was probably talking about the levelling aspect of the game, which is not tbh.
Dujek
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom276 Posts
May 19 2012 20:22 GMT
#383
I haven't played in about 4 months but I'm really getting the urge to try again soon. But I'll have no one to play with, can anyone help/convince me to play/not to play? >.<

I just miss the really busy feel this game has when you're in a city and there's lots of people, makes me feel like I'm not sitting alone =/
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
May 19 2012 22:07 GMT
#384
There is absolutely no reason at all to play WoW right now. Right now the content is completely trivial (even if you were a fresh 85 you would be done with all Cata content within a week), the economy is screwed up due to lots and lots of duped items, and there's really no chance for you to PvP because you're too far behind gear-wise.

If you feel like you might want to play you should wait until the expansion. Especially because of your last line... I'm not sure if you're aware but the game is bleeding subs at the moment and most low or medium pop servers feel like ghost towns (even more so since D3 came out). That busy feel isn't really present these days but should pick up when the expansion launches.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
July 02 2012 20:29 GMT
#385
Hey, I haven't played this year yet, and I'm curious to know how much new content there has been released in the last six / seven months.

The last thing I did was taking down Death Wing once, then I quit the game.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
bleda
Profile Joined January 2011
United States27 Posts
July 02 2012 20:36 GMT
#386
On July 03 2012 05:29 kafkaesque wrote:
Hey, I haven't played this year yet, and I'm curious to know how much new content there has been released in the last six / seven months.

The last thing I did was taking down Death Wing once, then I quit the game.


Not much has happened because everyone is waiting for the expansion. Beta for MoP started, and I think that most people have relaxed their play because of the expansion. Same thing happened at the end of WotLK.
Cubbieblue66
Profile Joined June 2011
95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 22:21:18
July 10 2012 04:48 GMT
#387
Anybody with an active account feel like sending me a scroll of resurrection? There's a mount you get for it. If so, please PM me and I'll respond with my email address.

Edit:

Got one already. =)
Wangsta
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States776 Posts
July 10 2012 05:25 GMT
#388
there is no reason to play WoW in PvE right now unless you go for an 8/8 heroic dragon soul clear, which is basically just a prerequisite for joining a good raiding guild right now. If you want to be competitive in MoP you still have time build your credentials and try out for a decent guild

PvP will always have the same fundamentals in terms of positioning and teamwork, even with totally new skills it's likely that things you learn now will still benefit you in MoP. Also, despite what people say, you can do fine with honor gear in PvP (fine as in 2500+ rating) as your skill and experience are still more important, it'll just be a little harder
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
July 10 2012 05:34 GMT
#389
On July 03 2012 05:36 bleda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 05:29 kafkaesque wrote:
Hey, I haven't played this year yet, and I'm curious to know how much new content there has been released in the last six / seven months.

The last thing I did was taking down Death Wing once, then I quit the game.


Not much has happened because everyone is waiting for the expansion. Beta for MoP started, and I think that most people have relaxed their play because of the expansion. Same thing happened at the end of WotLK.


This is a lot worse than WotlK wait I believe, but hopefully it pays off with MoP being a much better expansion than Cata.
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
August 20 2012 08:56 GMT
#390
ZOMG! I can't wait for MOP!!!
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
August 21 2012 00:07 GMT
#391
On August 13 2012 08:42 Silentness wrote:
Anyone hook me up with a resurrection scroll? I'm trying to come back!

email address: shoryuken_shotos@comcast.net



Ok so now my one free week is over...

Someone convince me to pay $15 a month to keep playing this game. >,< Torenhire will get a free mount if I give Blizzard $15 more dollars.

My wife hates when I play this game. Exact quote: "You play on the computer for 15 hours a day." YES, she's exaggerating, but I get her point. All she ever sees is the back of my head, but can you blame me. If you want to get good at WoW you have to spend hours, and more hours, and even days just to get get the best gear.

If I was single and lived alone, I wouldn't have a problem, but being married is a whole different beast... least for me. No we can't play together, because she hates computer games. Main thing I like about SC2 is that there is no grinding for gear, everyone has the same stats, it's based off skill alone. Also the 1v1 matches are literally quick (quick match) instead of lasting hours (raiding).

Cliff Notes version: I really want to pay $15 for another month, but I need a good reason to continue. If I play I know I will be ridiculed by my significant other every time I spend hours grinding levels or gear for my WoW characters.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
August 21 2012 00:22 GMT
#392
On August 21 2012 09:07 Silentness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2012 08:42 Silentness wrote:
Anyone hook me up with a resurrection scroll? I'm trying to come back!

email address: shoryuken_shotos@comcast.net



Ok so now my one free week is over...

Someone convince me to pay $15 a month to keep playing this game. >,< Torenhire will get a free mount if I give Blizzard $15 more dollars.

My wife hates when I play this game. Exact quote: "You play on the computer for 15 hours a day." YES, she's exaggerating, but I get her point. All she ever sees is the back of my head, but can you blame me. If you want to get good at WoW you have to spend hours, and more hours, and even days just to get get the best gear.

If I was single and lived alone, I wouldn't have a problem, but being married is a whole different beast... least for me. No we can't play together, because she hates computer games. Main thing I like about SC2 is that there is no grinding for gear, everyone has the same stats, it's based off skill alone. Also the 1v1 matches are literally quick (quick match) instead of lasting hours (raiding).

Cliff Notes version: I really want to pay $15 for another month, but I need a good reason to continue. If I play I know I will be ridiculed by my significant other every time I spend hours grinding levels or gear for my WoW characters.


I wouldn't Mists of Pandaria is set to be released September 25th, so everything you do from now and then, will not matter that much, unless it's actually leveling. If you and doing end game content I would just wait a month to play then.
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 858
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
Doublelift5387
JimRising 788
Other Games
summit1g8391
FrodaN3366
KnowMe196
C9.Mang0178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur212
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 14m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 14m
Replay Cast
23h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.