• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:03
CEST 13:03
KST 20:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9737 users

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
August 27 2009 11:00 GMT
#81
Well, "tauren paladins" arent that weird for me, after all they are very honorable and "good natured" race.. Meanwhile "orc mage" sounds really ugly and stupid.

I hope druids finally get turtleform :p
I dont want to be totally out :3
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
August 27 2009 11:31 GMT
#82
On August 23 2009 20:17 GTR wrote:
Meh, Aion is my MMO for the future.


I agree Join our legion :D
The artist formerly known as Starparty
despite
Profile Joined June 2009
Bulgaria105 Posts
August 27 2009 11:57 GMT
#83
This game is boring.
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
August 27 2009 13:19 GMT
#84
I'm far from huge fan of Cataclysm, but it's been like that for a while I suppose. WoW is an unstoppable juggernaut that destroys cool lore lines and homogenizes everything in its path. I've been increasingly disappointed with the direction WoW's been taking... but I suppose it's time to just let go and focus on Blizzard's other franchises.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
August 27 2009 13:28 GMT
#85
On August 27 2009 11:02 HuskyTheHusky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2009 07:57 Torenhire wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 27 2009 06:48 HuskyTheHusky wrote:

WoW is an amazing casual game, but it is impossible to say that it has, or ever will be, anywhere near balanced as SC


Stop trying to compare the two.

Balancing an RTS and balancing an MMO are two different things. 11+ Million players in WoW, do you think a majority of them are going to be hardcore raid/PVP-till-your-eyes-bleed players or casual one or two hours a night players.

It's marketing. PVP imbalance isn't going to make 10 million players quit or stop playing. They'll bitch and move on to other things. WoW can't cater to a small group of player's needs. The easiest (and largest) group to please is the casual gamer, and they are doing that quite well - you already admit this. I'm not defending Blizzard because I necessarily like the way they have currently set up the game, both PVP and PVEwise.

I used to raid six nights a week with Catalyst on Feathermoon pre-BC. If you can use your Season experience as a "proof" to back your argument, I can pull those out too. I played WoW before druids were even a class and rogues had feign death. I haven't seriously raided in a long time, just as a filler when my friends are down a few people.

If you're really a 2k+ player, Husky, and you can't beat certain classes / comps.. I'd hope you've got at least enough friends to mock a scenario. For the longest time, I was having big issues as a ret pally (admitting I play ret pally is probably going to make you all think my posts are worthless, due to QQ OP nonsense.) when going up against the new Shadowfrost PVP Deathknight spec... so I just found a good sparring partner that happened to be that class/spec combo and talked theory and duelled him all night. Same thing I do if I'm having trouble beating 5 hatch hydra as Terran or whatever...just get a person to keep pummeling away at you until you figure out timings or strats. There's a few Free-PVP arenas I hope to god you know about, take your arena team and find some friends... I play ret pally / resto shaman and alot of our PVP friends were willing to 2v2 in Gurubashi until we could get some synergy vs. DK / Holy paladin or whatever.


Yeah I know Blizzards main focus never has and never will be PvP, I understand why that is. The only thing that irks me is when people say WoW is a good e-sport. It simply cannot be a good one and wouldnt be one at all if Blizzard wasnt fueling it with loads of money (Starcraft became an e-sport on its own because of how good of a game it is).

Arena is pretty fun, I'll give it that. Nothing like facerolling noobs as warrior+any healer. Though since I was a warrior I never had too much trouble with ret... it was holy who are the assholes

I may hop on WoW again just to faceroll my way to 2100 while I wait for the sc2 beta.


Not the way warriors work in 3.2.. Well, unless you're playing against a bunch of morons. "Let's stand in the bladestorm YAAAAAY" Warriors aren't as strong with a healer pair as they used to be. Take a rogue or a mage and you'll faceroll alot easier.

I played holy up until 3.1, I play Ret and dualspec into prot specced healing... It's a mean, mean spec, and everyone hates pallies who play it. I might faction/server transfer from Ally - The Scryers to Horde - Malganis because my coworkers are all horde over on Malganis and keep pesting me about faction changes coming out. You should swing by.

Also, no WoW is not an e-sport. lol.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
August 27 2009 15:57 GMT
#86
Mal-Ganis, not a fun server to transfer to, you would hate it even if it's THE Horde server simply because of the wonderful lag and queues.
Get it by your hands...
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
August 27 2009 17:28 GMT
#87
It's starting to queue up?

God dammit why don't people tell me these things. :<
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 27 2009 20:13 GMT
#88
On August 27 2009 07:09 HuskyTheHusky wrote:
For the record, I'm still contemplating playing WoW again just because I have some free time opening up next term.

I dont hate WoW, I just get frustrated at the painfully obvious things they could change to make pvp more balanced.

I gave it a month recently (paid for 1 month and immediately cancelled), and pretty quickly I remembered why the game wastes so much of your time. It wasn't fun per se, but it was something to spend a lot of time doing and when I realized what was happening, I stopped immediately and let the last week run out.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-27 23:12:11
August 27 2009 23:09 GMT
#89
On August 28 2009 02:28 Torenhire wrote:
It's starting to queue up?

God dammit why don't people tell me these things. :<


??? It's been queuing up. It's THE Horde server for US. It's been like that for a while now...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Mal'Ganis_US

Just some more info, it's one of the few servers where a considerable amount of the player population held an online protest by purposely gathering in a single place (Shattrath in this case iirc) to stress the server after days of horrible lag and queues.
Get it by your hands...
lesser_good
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada698 Posts
October 17 2010 20:59 GMT
#90
[image loading]


Cinematic is out.
pew pew
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
October 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#91
On October 18 2010 05:59 lesser_good wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cinematic is out.

Goddamnit I got beaten.

Trailer looks amazing though
woop woop 300 posts!
really?
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
October 17 2010 22:37 GMT
#92
Blizzard does some beautiful CGI work
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
October 18 2010 02:29 GMT
#93
kind of dissapointing. Beautiful direction and cinematography, great 3d and effects, but good GOD blizzard needs to hire better writers. Or rather, actually let andy chambers write some story and backstory. I dunno why they hired him else
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 18 2010 02:32 GMT
#94
I dont like deathwings voice, and overall i still think the BC/WOTLK Intros were better
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
AtTheFuneral
Profile Joined December 2009
United States137 Posts
October 18 2010 02:39 GMT
#95
I agree WoW I think just keeps going downhill I quit when WOTLK came out unless the game changes drastically and gets fun again dont see myself playing again. Just the same stuff over and over except this time there's no cool wc3 characters.
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
October 18 2010 02:49 GMT
#96
Considering Cataclysm was the spotlight during last years Blizzcon, I'd say this year will just be a polished rehash whilst Diablo 3 and the new secret MMO (Hydra) take the main stage. I'd hope to see a glimpse of Heart of the Swarm too, but it's probably too soon. Deathwing looks pretty badass.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
October 18 2010 04:13 GMT
#97
Nice, I love cinematics :D
He looks a bit like Diablo in D3 trailer, and trailer is about as boring as the wotlk one.
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
October 18 2010 04:17 GMT
#98
On October 18 2010 11:49 Dox wrote:
Considering Cataclysm was the spotlight during last years Blizzcon, I'd say this year will just be a polished rehash whilst Diablo 3 and the new secret MMO (Hydra) take the main stage. I'd hope to see a glimpse of Heart of the Swarm too, but it's probably too soon. Deathwing looks pretty badass.


Project hydra was diablo 3. The new MMO doesn't have a known codename.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 04:35:09
October 18 2010 04:32 GMT
#99
--- Nuked ---
TheGreatWhiteHope_
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States335 Posts
October 18 2010 04:44 GMT
#100
So glad I quit WoW as well, but I do miss it sometimes it was pretty fun. That cinematic is VERY good.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 261
WardiTV98
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9980
StarCastTV_EN278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12259
Bisu 4278
FanTaSy 3369
Jaedong 1299
BeSt 855
actioN 703
Horang2 528
EffOrt 521
Leta 274
Larva 263
[ Show more ]
Zeus 220
Shuttle 155
Barracks 139
Dewaltoss 122
Mind 100
JYJ 80
Mong 74
scan(afreeca) 73
Sexy 65
sorry 63
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 44
Killer 43
Aegong 42
Free 39
sSak 35
soO 30
Bale 28
HiyA 16
Sacsri 12
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 272
Counter-Strike
byalli926
x6flipin133
Other Games
singsing2320
olofmeister1435
Lowko294
crisheroes285
Pyrionflax189
KnowMe139
B2W.Neo127
dupreeh107
Livibee83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1234
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 58m
Replay Cast
11h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 58m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 58m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.