• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:20
CEST 05:20
KST 12:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8234 users

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
October 18 2010 11:16 GMT
#121
Last time I played was on Vanilla. Man those days were intense and sooo good. Was thinking of starting now - but my irl friend who plays WoW atm told me to wait for Cata to come out and start anew.

Lets see how it goes I guess lol.
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
October 18 2010 11:27 GMT
#122
On October 18 2010 20:12 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 19:40 SilkD wrote:
I used to play pretty hardcore, but playing it in a different light really opens your eyes - not caring about all the little shit.

Any person who doesn't do all the gay achievements etc and just does some raids with a guild will have heaps of time for other stuff. Hell I have a 2 year old and I have cleared all of ICC/Wrath Content and still have time for StarCraft / Family.

My 2c


Totally agreed dude. I used to raid 3-5 days a week when I was 16-17. Made a lot of cool friends but the game became a real drag, stopped playing in 2007 and sold my account. Came back two weeks or so ago in preparation of Cata with a new account. Convinced some of my old raider friends to play with me casually and honestly it's like a completely different game, haha.


Good to hear man, that's the way. You can raid 2-3 nights a week and see all the content with an efficient guild - lots of folks around with that playstyle too.

I don't really worry about PvP either. I mean naturally you can't grind SC games all night because of it, but don't want to get burnt out.

Trying to Manage D3 in there when it hits will be interesting though, thank god for weekends eh lol
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
October 18 2010 11:31 GMT
#123


Blizzard trailers are always mind blowing
keV.
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3214 Posts
October 18 2010 12:21 GMT
#124
On October 18 2010 20:31 AyJay wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

Blizzard trailers are always mind blowing


All I can think when I see this is Baron Underbite from Venture Brothers.

As cool as Deathwing is, his voice is too cliche.
"brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakesman
myIRE
Profile Joined November 2008
Belgium229 Posts
October 18 2010 12:33 GMT
#125
looks like Chris Metzen is their main voice actor :/
Getting pretty old, they should pick someone else for it.
But as far as visual presentation goes, 10/10 Blizzard never dissapoints in that department
Freedom is the most contageous virus known to men.
knL
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany400 Posts
October 18 2010 12:37 GMT
#126
Blizzards cinamatic trailers are just sooooo good. Damn...
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
October 18 2010 12:53 GMT
#127
Movie should be amazingly good But I mean their cinematics have been amazing even when StarCraft was current Haha
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
October 18 2010 14:07 GMT
#128
On October 18 2010 21:53 SilkD wrote:
....But I mean their cinematics have been amazing even when StarCraft was current Haha


yep, tough they keep getting shorter and shorter it seems :/ (probably because they need them for more games; upcoming unnanounced mmo, diablo 3, SC2 expantion)
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
stk01001
Profile Joined September 2007
United States786 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 14:28:25
October 18 2010 14:27 GMT
#129
to anyone who used to play and thinking about coming back for Cataclysm.. I reccomend starting now and downloading the new 4.0 patch. A LOT of the talent & interface changes being made for Cataclysm are already available in the new patch. New Glyph system, mastery, reforging, justic points etc. etc. all very cool IMO. Playing my warlock is like a whole new experience and has totally rekindled my interest in the game. All of the classes have been revamped with some significant changes. I would reccomend any WoW fan who hasn't to check out patch 4.0....

God curse this game for being so addicting... going to make it that much harder for me to get to my goal of 2,000 ranking on SC II ladder but oh well =p
a.k.a reLapSe ---
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 18 2010 14:51 GMT
#130
Can't do it, only way I would go back is if I get written agreements of 9 others I would consider raiding with, signed in blood.

People are just so flaky at times and that wears you done more than whatever Blizzard can throw at you.
Get it by your hands...
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 21:44:01
October 18 2010 21:31 GMT
#131
On October 18 2010 23:51 Judicator wrote:
Can't do it, only way I would go back is if I get written agreements of 9 others I would consider raiding with, signed in blood.

People are just so flaky at times and that wears you done more than whatever Blizzard can throw at you.

This, mostly. I played the 'My schedule doesn't really let me join a raiding guild' playstyle when I played and as such got intimately familiar with 5 mans and Kara. Naxx to a lesser extent later. The times I got to try anything higher was either luck, or with RL friends + some chuckleheads we met and their IRL friends. As I'm sure most people know, RL friend circles usually have a wide variety of skill level at just about everything. Yeah, didn't go too well. The few times I got asked to fill in for someone I'd met in a 5 man who had an actual guild doing it, though. Those were kinda fun. Betting the same raids every week for months at a time would drive me crazy, so whatever.

Ran all over the actual game world doing random quests and other shit like pet/mount hunting just for something to do. Made money off spamming dailies. Archaeology sounds interesting, but that'd probably last about 2 hours before it felt like any other boring profession. Otherwise the options will likely be very much the same at level cap.

Unless I knew I was going to be part of a raiding guild full of people that didn't have their heads up the ass, one way or another, I'd have trouble finding a big enough reason to play again. Buying Cata + a couple months sub would mean spending over $70 just to see a reskinned Azeroth and run more 5 mans with people who are probably even more obsessed with gearscore than they were when I left early this year. Not worth it.


Edit: Watched the video. Not impressed. Lich King voice recycled + angst + attaching/nailing armor directly into Deathwing's body to try to make him look badass. Change 'wings' to 'Frostmourne' and maybe a few other things and you pretty much have a generic LK speech about the world crumbling before his might/fury/wrath/anger/rage/whatever. Guess I'm too jaded.
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
October 19 2010 03:19 GMT
#132
Deathwing is supposed to have those armor plates on this body, it's known in Warcraft Lore.

- Watched the cinematic, agreed about the cliche-d voice, cinematic itself is kinda cool, but that's to be expected from Blizzard. However it makes me wonder why Malygos in Wrath (who is another Aspect like Neltharion) didn't just fly into Dalaran and breathe on it etc., expected some help from the twilight drakes or something to destroy Azeroth like that.
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
October 19 2010 03:36 GMT
#133
On October 19 2010 12:19 IntoTheEmo wrote:
Deathwing is supposed to have those armor plates on this body, it's known in Warcraft Lore.

- Watched the cinematic, agreed about the cliche-d voice, cinematic itself is kinda cool, but that's to be expected from Blizzard. However it makes me wonder why Malygos in Wrath (who is another Aspect like Neltharion) didn't just fly into Dalaran and breathe on it etc., expected some help from the twilight drakes or something to destroy Azeroth like that.



Probably the same reason you can attack some mob, pull like 6 guys at you, kill them, and the guys two feet around the corner don't move.

I guess the WoW storyline impresses me less and less as time goes on. I agree - very cliche and it feels like a recycled Lich King story. But such is WoW, recycle recycle recycle.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-19 13:09:54
October 19 2010 13:07 GMT
#134
On October 19 2010 12:19 IntoTheEmo wrote:
Deathwing is supposed to have those armor plates on this body, it's known in Warcraft Lore.

Deathwing being armored, I have no issue with. More of how it was portrayed. 'I put molten hot armor metal directly on my skin. It feeds my rage and makes me hardcore!!!11' just felt like the video was trying too hard.

Theoretically he should have the armor on already anyway, if he wears it as part of lore. Replacing the armor due to wear and tear is a plausible reason, though a bit of a stretch. Video made it look like it was done right before he busted out of the ground, too. Would think getting armor isn't a last minute thing to do right before declaring war on the whole world.

Either way, hope Cata is a great expansion for those that enjoy WoW.
lesser_good
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada698 Posts
October 19 2010 13:42 GMT
#135
I think Vortok's just jealous cus hes not man enough to wear molten Armour
pew pew
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-19 13:56:11
October 19 2010 13:54 GMT
#136
People don't give WoW enough credit. It's the most polished MMO out there and you don't see those very often *cough FFXIV cough*

I myself played game for like year (joined by end of BC). Wasn't into raiding, wasn't addicted to it, but the game provided enough content for me. Can't wait to get back into it.
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
October 19 2010 14:32 GMT
#137
I participated in the beta raids earlier today, everything so far seems really great. Not wanting to spoil anything, so I won't go into detail. However the game has become very casual friendly, so if you are thinking about playing or starting again, its a great time to.
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
October 19 2010 14:37 GMT
#138
On October 19 2010 22:42 lesser_good wrote:
I think Vortok's just jealous cus hes not man enough to wear molten Armour

It's true. My girly man skin can't handle the heat.

I spent all of last night thinking about Deathwing. Time to go update my blog and find others that agree with me. He's so dreamy!
JrK
Profile Joined June 2010
United States283 Posts
October 19 2010 14:48 GMT
#139
I've given too many years to that game. Biggest mistake ever.
JrKjrKJrk
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-19 15:16:23
October 19 2010 15:10 GMT
#140
I just restarded playing WoW 2 days ago..


I played classic (a few bosses in AQ down, 2 in Nax iirc, Healing Shadowpriest ^^)):
I played TBC (2 bosses in Sunwell down iirc as Shadowpriest and Offwarrior).
And did not play any of Woltk...

What is shocking to me atm when it comes to Wotlk:

The normal 5 Mans are a pure joke in difficulty... I thought most of TBC's were way to easy but i have yet to see any attempt to crowdcontrol a single mob out of a group by anyone... According to my friend wich played Woltk for quite some time this does not change in Heroics...

Is this really that stupid and most of all, is cata better?


I miss the OLD instance difficulty... Scholomance were the dead Guhls created a cloud that would kill you in about 1 second if you stood in it. no matter if you were the Tank or anyone else :p (they nerfed that later, then they nerfed everything else in the instance... a *normal* 5 Man scholomance run could take up to 4-5 hours if you weren't in there with a random group... And you were happy when you finally cleared it!).

At least leveling with Hyal/BT-Gear is a breeze ^^.... Spam SW and let these new Shadowdoppelgangers kill everything :p.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 235
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 181
Bale 23
Terrorterran 20
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 790
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Other Games
summit1g12546
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1272
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo538
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 40m
Replay Cast
19h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.