• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:14
CEST 01:14
KST 08:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

Winning the OSL Is Easy! - Page 2

Forum Index > Final Edits
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
November 02 2007 18:02 GMT
#21
what about MSL?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
November 02 2007 18:23 GMT
#22
On November 02 2007 17:46 noojOh wrote:
ha im gonna go try this


Why is this so damn funny?

Great thread though
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
November 02 2007 18:38 GMT
#23
ok im in korea now.... where do i go ?
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 02 2007 18:43 GMT
#24
LAWLZORCOPTERS
Do your best, God will do the rest.
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
November 02 2007 19:28 GMT
#25
On November 03 2007 03:23 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2007 17:46 noojOh wrote:
ha im gonna go try this


Why is this so damn funny?

It is pretty daum funny.

Ha!
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
November 02 2007 19:31 GMT
#26
There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics-Benjamin Disraeli
=P
Blue
Profile Joined July 2004
Norway359 Posts
November 02 2007 19:45 GMT
#27
gold
I must return to the time when I played with my own style, and when I determined the victory through strategies. And the strategies are a product of practicing more than anyone else. The key to success is to persevere through practice. Lim Yo-hwan
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
November 02 2007 20:46 GMT
#28
On November 02 2007 17:49 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2007 17:47 mdb wrote:
Funny read, but definately not worth to be in FE imo :D

how can you say it's not worth an FE

in 500 words or less the man just gave you a blueprint to win the OSL

someone forward this to yellow and midas

rofl
rekful send to yellow on msn :D
ZergZoul
Profile Joined April 2007
Mexico408 Posts
November 02 2007 21:23 GMT
#29
FE? This is a joke...
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-02 21:35:04
November 02 2007 21:34 GMT
#30
On November 03 2007 06:23 ZergZoul wrote:
FE? This is a joke...


O RLY.

Good sir I do protest, this is more certainly completely serious and purely in the interests of science!
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
November 02 2007 21:35 GMT
#31
fun, but can't compare to a FE quality article like others in this same section imho
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
November 02 2007 21:43 GMT
#32
Sir Etter, tomorrow night I will drink to you and this wonderful contribution to science and StarCraft as I did in our last night in Anaheim.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
CustomXSpunjah
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1093 Posts
November 02 2007 22:50 GMT
#33
hahahahahapwajhpwja hilarious....too bad it is put to shame by Honest Tea's beautiful write up
beware, the rise of the Protoss is upon us!
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-03 01:39:39
November 02 2007 22:50 GMT
#34
Not bad, had a good laugh.
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
November 02 2007 22:51 GMT
#35
On November 03 2007 03:38 MeriaDoKk wrote:
ok im in korea now.... where do i go ?


DON'T GO NORTH!!!
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
November 02 2007 23:42 GMT
#36
The next person to make a derogatory remark about this article "not belonging in FEs" is banned. High horses are for people who's opinions I give a shit about, not you fucks.

It's fun and sarcastic, the way only DJ could pull off. Good stuff dude.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
November 02 2007 23:50 GMT
#37
Heathen Dog!!! Blasephemy! I smite your scientific evidence with the power of Vishnu!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
berated-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1134 Posts
November 03 2007 00:06 GMT
#38
On November 03 2007 08:42 ManaBlue wrote:
The next person to make a derogatory remark about this article "not belonging in FEs" is banned. High horses are for people who's opinions I give a shit about, not you fucks.

It's fun and sarcastic, the way only DJ could pull off. Good stuff dude.


With all due respect, I think you are missing what the people are saying, probably because they aren't elaborating on their thoughts.

Before I get started I would just like to say I agree that it is rude the way that they came out and just directly said that this isn't FE worthy. However, even though I wouldn't have been one of the ones to say it, I couldn't help agreeing with them and I feel compelled now to stick up for what they are saying, not how they are acting.

The high horse that you are speaking of -- I don't feel that it is one that the people are on, I feel that it is one that TL is on. When Final Edits came out I was amazed at the amount of time and effort that came with it. Haji gave us a great analysis on why he thought Lecaf should win, you wrote a fantastic article about stork, FakeSteve seemed to sober up his constant humor and write really good stories of Sea and his clutch engage. And none of this even includes HonestTea.

HonestTea is one of the most gifted writers that I have ever read on TL, he has an ability to keep you reading with a way that no other person does. It is incredible that I find myself so infatuated and glued to the screen when reading his articles. Its just some words about a computer game, right? Not when he writes it...

Moreover, Etter has offered far better explanations and analysis. I realize that he was just being sarcastic and trying to be funny, which in someways was accomplished. However, he has spoiled all of us, all of the FE writers have spoiled us, in ways that lead us desiring the fascinating articles that you have come to provide us with.

So hopefully everyone in the thread should be sorry for the way the presented their thoughts, but not for what they are thinking. TeamLiquid does hold itself to a higher standard than every other english starcraft site. The goal of Final Edits, or what I thought the goal was by reading hot_bids words --

Enjoy the read, and maybe there will be a few "[R]English Translation" threads showing up at Pgr21 or FighterForum in the near future.


was to continually push TeamLiquid to be one of the classiest starcraft sites around, and why should we be sorry for wanting that to continue ?

ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
November 03 2007 00:30 GMT
#39
Well I must say bErAtEd, that was a fantastic post.

You're right, the reason I went off like that was because of how it was being said, and who was saying it. We all know what FE articles are meant to be, and it's not like I expect people to praise DJ for this article in the same way that they should for one of his carefully constructed Power Ranks, or in depth battle reports or previews, or one of his own past FE articles. However, when a 33 post shmuck who's done dick all thinks he can get away with dismissing a contribution from ANYONE with a derogatory one liner, much less a contributor the level of DJ, it gets me right pissed off.

So while I agree entirely with what you've written there I would still hesitate to defend the comments, as much due to who said them as how they were said, that were made in this thread. This article was made just for fun, and I am not of the personality to simply ignore and diminish asshats the way that Hotbid so elegantly does.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-03 00:59:48
November 03 2007 00:54 GMT
#40
On November 03 2007 09:06 bErAtEd- wrote:
With all due respect, I think you are missing what the people are saying, probably because they aren't elaborating on their thoughts.

Before I get started I would just like to say I agree that it is rude the way that they came out and just directly said that this isn't FE worthy. However, even though I wouldn't have been one of the ones to say it, I couldn't help agreeing with them and I feel compelled now to stick up for what they are saying, not how they are acting.

The high horse that you are speaking of -- I don't feel that it is one that the people are on, I feel that it is one that TL is on. When Final Edits came out I was amazed at the amount of time and effort that came with it. Haji gave us a great analysis on why he thought Lecaf should win, you wrote a fantastic article about stork, FakeSteve seemed to sober up his constant humor and write really good stories of Sea and his clutch engage. And none of this even includes HonestTea.

HonestTea is one of the most gifted writers that I have ever read on TL, he has an ability to keep you reading with a way that no other person does. It is incredible that I find myself so infatuated and glued to the screen when reading his articles. Its just some words about a computer game, right? Not when he writes it...

Moreover, Etter has offered far better explanations and analysis. I realize that he was just being sarcastic and trying to be funny, which in someways was accomplished. However, he has spoiled all of us, all of the FE writers have spoiled us, in ways that lead us desiring the fascinating articles that you have come to provide us with.

So hopefully everyone in the thread should be sorry for the way the presented their thoughts, but not for what they are thinking. TeamLiquid does hold itself to a higher standard than every other english starcraft site. The goal of Final Edits, or what I thought the goal was by reading hot_bids words --
Show nested quote +

Enjoy the read, and maybe there will be a few "[R]English Translation" threads showing up at Pgr21 or FighterForum in the near future.


was to continually push TeamLiquid to be one of the classiest starcraft sites around, and why should we be sorry for wanting that to continue ?

Berated, there are plenty of humor articles featured prominently on ESPN.com about any sport you can think of. There are joke columns and comics and everything. This is not a news piece. This is a humor article. We've seen photoshops of progamers heads onto the bodies of women, stork in a dinosaur outfit, and Xellos dressing up like a girl. You're saying an article that sarcastically points out just how astronomically difficult it'd be to win an OSL, and does it through humor, is "lowering our standards?"

Frankly, FE is up to the writers and editors. We're looking for fun, interesting articles that are written well and present something new. We're not writing to gain approval for readers. If writers wrote this way, there'd be no passion and every article would be summarizing Boxer's accomplishments or about how manly Reach is. You write when you're inspired about want you want. Usually you guys like reading it, sometimes you don't. That's what editorials are, except they all present a point of view and bring something new to the table. This article did that.

This article was the perfect length, was written well, and had great tone, humor, and even some analysis. Haji and I can approve FE articles. I approved this one. So I don't know where everyone is saying "is this worth an FE article" because if it's on that little bar with the "NEW!" next to it and in the archive, it's an FE article.

Sorry if this doesn't meet the standards that you have for Etter or for FE, but we're not writing to meet the standards in your head anyway. If you disagree with my decision to make this an FE, that'll just be a burden I'll bear.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe229
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 46m
INu's Battles
12h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 46m
Replay Cast
23h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.