• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War235.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8482 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 101

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
elt
Profile Joined July 2010
Thailand1092 Posts
May 01 2011 15:40 GMT
#2001
On May 02 2011 00:31 Sevryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color

first book spoiler+ Show Spoiler +
Part of the plot involves hair colof


Spoiler, pertains to aforementioned hair colour and much, much more
+ Show Spoiler +
I do like how the directors dropped that little nugget for viewers that pay attention.

Think back to Cersei's visit of Bran, completely fabricated with a story not of the book, but she does mention the dead baby as having "black hair". Let's us to wonder what of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen, eh?

(Under Construction)
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 01 2011 15:45 GMT
#2002
On May 02 2011 00:34 Zeroes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color


It would be hard to tell who is from what family since there are so many characters


I dont know but somehow I get this feeling that a good part of the average american viewer struggles with remembering names.

The problem is you can cast actors for their acting skills or you can cast them for their looks. What you guys expect, and which I may add is utopical, is that HBO has actors in store who look 100% like the characters in the books described AND who can also act. I think you can guess how small chances are that you will find such actors.

So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
May 01 2011 15:58 GMT
#2003
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 00:34 Zeroes wrote:
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color


It would be hard to tell who is from what family since there are so many characters


I dont know but somehow I get this feeling that a good part of the average american viewer struggles with remembering names.

The problem is you can cast actors for their acting skills or you can cast them for their looks. What you guys expect, and which I may add is utopical, is that HBO has actors in store who look 100% like the characters in the books described AND who can also act. I think you can guess how small chances are that you will find such actors.


So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


Some people ask to much, In my opinion they did an amazing job with casting. Every actor is amazing, sean bean especially.
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
Sobba
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden576 Posts
May 01 2011 16:10 GMT
#2004
I think they are doing a great job. There are SOOO many speaking character and maybe they are wasting too much time introducing them but im no TV expert, they are. The second half of the first book is really what gets you addicted to the series anyway, i was very skeptic first hundred pages. The first episodes covers several months but the later episodes will only be a day or two. I think the 5 last episodes will be amazing.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
May 01 2011 16:18 GMT
#2005
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 00:34 Zeroes wrote:
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color


It would be hard to tell who is from what family since there are so many characters


I dont know but somehow I get this feeling that a good part of the average american viewer struggles with remembering names.

The problem is you can cast actors for their acting skills or you can cast them for their looks. What you guys expect, and which I may add is utopical, is that HBO has actors in store who look 100% like the characters in the books described AND who can also act. I think you can guess how small chances are that you will find such actors.

So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


70 pages per episode with the length of these episodes isn't really too much compression
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
May 01 2011 16:21 GMT
#2006
On May 02 2011 01:18 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
On May 02 2011 00:34 Zeroes wrote:
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color


It would be hard to tell who is from what family since there are so many characters


I dont know but somehow I get this feeling that a good part of the average american viewer struggles with remembering names.

The problem is you can cast actors for their acting skills or you can cast them for their looks. What you guys expect, and which I may add is utopical, is that HBO has actors in store who look 100% like the characters in the books described AND who can also act. I think you can guess how small chances are that you will find such actors.

So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


70 pages per episode with the length of these episodes isn't really too much compression

Agreed, not to mention they have been doing a great job with consistency as far as story and major plot points are concerned (yes i've read the books)
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
BBX
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands16 Posts
May 01 2011 16:23 GMT
#2007
I have not read the books but I am absolutely loving the show! It is so amazing what they have managed to accomplish. Loved the videos in this post too, the behind the scenes especially.
Though I think it did give a couple of things away ... kind of ... I was warned though ^_^
If marines could fly ...
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 01 2011 17:33 GMT
#2008
On May 02 2011 01:18 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
On May 02 2011 00:34 Zeroes wrote:
On May 01 2011 20:44 Skilledblob wrote:
this show is about characters and not about their hair color


It would be hard to tell who is from what family since there are so many characters


I dont know but somehow I get this feeling that a good part of the average american viewer struggles with remembering names.

The problem is you can cast actors for their acting skills or you can cast them for their looks. What you guys expect, and which I may add is utopical, is that HBO has actors in store who look 100% like the characters in the books described AND who can also act. I think you can guess how small chances are that you will find such actors.

So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


70 pages per episode with the length of these episodes isn't really too much compression


so far they are doing a good job
Iranon
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States983 Posts
May 01 2011 17:55 GMT
#2009
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


That's fair. I'm a little disappointed that the purple contacts didn't work out for our dear friends in House Targaryen, but I get that the actors' comfort is more important the the cool factor of the Daenerys having purple eyes. However, I think people are misreading the complaints about tiny stuff. I think I speak for most of the quibbling fans in the series when I say that watching the show, most of what's going through my head is "OH MY GOD AWESOME I'M ACTUALLY WATCHING THIS ON TELEVISION". These little details only stick out to us because HBO is doing SUCH an amazing job sticking to the books we know and love, so any small deviations seem rather incongruous. For example, I'm sure many people were a little confused as to why TV Drogo hasn't shown TV Daenerys any of the (albeit rare) caring that Book Drogo would have by now. But I understand that there's really no way to fit the evolution of their relationship into weekly episodes without streamlining things a little, so whatever. The point is, we complain because we love.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
May 01 2011 18:02 GMT
#2010
On May 02 2011 02:55 Iranon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 00:45 Skilledblob wrote:
So next nitpick I see here all the time is the eye colors. Yeah you can use colored eye lenses to fix that but they are extremely uncomfortable, stress the eye and might hurt your vision because contacts dont adjust when your eyes adjust to different light.

What you guys do is downrate a so far good show for puny things that have absolutely no effect at all on the important parts of the show. Important are acting skills, storytelling, costumes and backgrounddesign and these things are well done so far given the fact that HBO tries to press a 700 pages book into 10 episodes which I dont like either


That's fair. I'm a little disappointed that the purple contacts didn't work out for our dear friends in House Targaryen, but I get that the actors' comfort is more important the the cool factor of the Daenerys having purple eyes. However, I think people are misreading the complaints about tiny stuff. I think I speak for most of the quibbling fans in the series when I say that watching the show, most of what's going through my head is "OH MY GOD AWESOME I'M ACTUALLY WATCHING THIS ON TELEVISION". These little details only stick out to us because HBO is doing SUCH an amazing job sticking to the books we know and love, so any small deviations seem rather incongruous. For example, I'm sure many people were a little confused as to why TV Drogo hasn't shown TV Daenerys any of the (albeit rare) caring that Book Drogo would have by now. But I understand that there's really no way to fit the evolution of their relationship into weekly episodes without streamlining things a little, so whatever. The point is, we complain because we love.



Amen! It certainly is.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
May 01 2011 18:04 GMT
#2011
hey does anyone know if I can watch this live on xfinity or can I only watch it there when it comes out on demand
heartbeat.sc2
Profile Joined November 2010
United States25 Posts
May 01 2011 18:14 GMT
#2012
On May 02 2011 03:04 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
hey does anyone know if I can watch this live on xfinity or can I only watch it there when it comes out on demand

Last week I was able to watch on xfinity. The show started on TV at 6pm and I was able to start it online at ~6:30.
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
May 01 2011 18:16 GMT
#2013
Now that I'm about 300 pages into the first book I can safely say they've done a great job sticking with the story. They haven't missed anything other than small things with the Winterfell characters. Most of the parts that have been cut out seem to be from Dany's chapters.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
May 01 2011 18:58 GMT
#2014
2 new covers, i like these better than the previous ones



ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Lolsss
Profile Joined April 2011
England106 Posts
May 01 2011 19:14 GMT
#2015
Whens the next episode out?
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
May 01 2011 19:21 GMT
#2016
tonight at 9 PM est
xLethargicax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States469 Posts
May 01 2011 19:57 GMT
#2017
I'm a composer and I've been falling in love with the sound track for Game of Thrones. I youtubed the theme song and found it was composed by one of my favorite modern television composers! Ramin Djawadi, the guy who scored Prison Break, AWH YEAH!!!
Whalecore
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway1111 Posts
May 01 2011 20:24 GMT
#2018
@Zelniq that's aaaawesome! Very well done sir!


Can't wait for tonight's episode, gotta wait until tomorrow to watch it though.
Playgu
annYeong(o11)
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada784 Posts
May 01 2011 21:00 GMT
#2019
Can't wait for tonight's episode if I remeber correctly:

+ Show Spoiler [So many spoilers] +
iirc tonight's episode will deal with the subject of whether or not Robert should kill Danyeras, one of the series' first major ethical dilemmas and one of my favourite parts of the first book. On one hand we have a potentially major threat to the realm, and on the other hand, right now she's a little girl. Makes for good conversation and debate as well as character development.
Founder of the KiWiKaKi Fanclub: teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188537 my keyboard is like half broken. like terran. please ignore typos, thanks
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 01 2011 21:25 GMT
#2020
I can't wait till Hodor gets his first line.
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27690
Calm 6404
Bisu 2011
Jaedong 1501
Larva 754
BeSt 510
Light 475
Soma 462
Snow 335
Rush 299
[ Show more ]
Stork 275
ZerO 243
Barracks 158
Free 127
910 102
Zeus 99
Mind 90
Killer 56
Shinee 47
Trap 34
Terrorterran 33
Hyun 32
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 23
Rock 22
Bale 21
sorry 17
Sexy 11
soO 11
Sacsri 9
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8177
XaKoH 427
Counter-Strike
fl0m3556
Other Games
singsing2187
hiko989
FrodaN644
B2W.Neo622
crisheroes403
Beastyqt372
mouzStarbuck249
Hui .175
Livibee169
DeMusliM156
RotterdaM130
C9.Mang0100
KnowMe87
Trikslyr79
QueenE74
Mew2King46
BRAT_OK 30
ZerO(Twitch)22
edward15
MindelVK11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2515
Other Games
• Shiphtur813
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.