• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:55
CEST 10:55
KST 17:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8919 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 72

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 1254 Next
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
February 03 2012 20:09 GMT
#1421
Anyone know if you can use Veil of Discord while channeling a spell(e.g. Black Hole)? Can you generally use items without breaking channel?
3Y3S
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada177 Posts
February 03 2012 21:02 GMT
#1422
i think you can only use lothars while channeling, i know for a fact you cant use bkb/manta/force staff my gut says you cant use veil but i havent tried it.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
February 03 2012 22:43 GMT
#1423
Open up practice and see?
if you can believe you can concieve
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
February 03 2012 22:44 GMT
#1424
On February 04 2012 07:43 TheWarbler wrote:
Open up practice and see?


Please do. @work forums: yes, dota: no.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
February 03 2012 22:49 GMT
#1425
If I knew the answer, I would tell you but I know with WD you can lother while ulting if i remember correctly.
if you can believe you can concieve
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 22:56:57
February 03 2012 22:54 GMT
#1426
Oh you can't test it o_o Well hm

tested, you cant use veil while bh
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
February 04 2012 05:58 GMT
#1427
Can you permanently change hero hotkeys? I see that you can do a grid setup for all heroes but I want to know if it's possible to customize each one.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
February 04 2012 06:18 GMT
#1428
On February 04 2012 14:58 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Can you permanently change hero hotkeys? I see that you can do a grid setup for all heroes but I want to know if it's possible to customize each one.


You can set hotkeys for all heroes but not specific.
if you can believe you can concieve
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 04 2012 09:27 GMT
#1429
On February 04 2012 03:12 Slardar wrote:
Completely random question: How come on Dendi's stream, his Dota2 account is level 6 and is gaining experience, while I cannot? Is it a bug or am I missing out on something obvious.


Before giving out beta keys, Valve had XP gains enabled. This allowed players who were part of the international to gain XP. For whatever reason, Valve disabled that when they gave out invites.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
February 04 2012 16:11 GMT
#1430
Im an average player who plays mostly MM (all pick). I was wondering if there was a chart that says what heros counter what heros. Kind of like how the starcraft unit descriptions say good vs blah blah blah and bad vs blah blah blah.

Or even better, a program where I can tell it 1-5 heros picked on other team and it generates the best theoretical hero solution to pick.
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
February 04 2012 16:15 GMT
#1431
Every single game in my level (lowest lv1 possible) ppl either chose a stealth char or buy that stealth dagger (forgot the name) what is the best cost efficient item to avoid those pubstompers but without being so behind in gold ?
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
February 04 2012 16:19 GMT
#1432
On February 05 2012 01:15 noD wrote:
Every single game in my level (lowest lv1 possible) ppl either chose a stealth char or buy that stealth dagger (forgot the name) what is the best cost efficient item to avoid those pubstompers but without being so behind in gold ?


I might not be in a position to give advice, so take it as u wish. In lower level play, those stealthy char (usually carries) end up farming or feeding as the whole team is not advanced enough to either gank them often or try to push and win so buying dust might not help as you wont be able to gank them (no team support)

But in general, your only options are picking a hero like slardar or BH or buying dust (necro book is hard to use for lower player i find) If they pick something like broodmother, you should get wards on that lane.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
February 04 2012 16:34 GMT
#1433
I always love a good challenge. So I'm going to put all my time and effort into mastering Invoker.

So far, this is what I've gathered to do, so I want some confirmation:

Phase Boots / Janggo / Aghanims are my core. Quas/Wex maxed up first, dance between EMP/Tornado all day. Fuck people up early game, become a mass disabler late game. Anything I'm missing?
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
February 04 2012 17:36 GMT
#1434
On February 05 2012 01:34 Candadar wrote:
I always love a good challenge. So I'm going to put all my time and effort into mastering Invoker.

So far, this is what I've gathered to do, so I want some confirmation:

Phase Boots / Janggo / Aghanims are my core. Quas/Wex maxed up first, dance between EMP/Tornado all day. Fuck people up early game, become a mass disabler late game. Anything I'm missing?


You might want to work Euls into your build before Agh's. It's great on Invoker for both the mana regen and move speed, and an extra disable is never bad.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 04 2012 18:07 GMT
#1435
On February 05 2012 02:36 sleeepy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 01:34 Candadar wrote:
I always love a good challenge. So I'm going to put all my time and effort into mastering Invoker.

So far, this is what I've gathered to do, so I want some confirmation:

Phase Boots / Janggo / Aghanims are my core. Quas/Wex maxed up first, dance between EMP/Tornado all day. Fuck people up early game, become a mass disabler late game. Anything I'm missing?


You might want to work Euls into your build before Agh's. It's great on Invoker for both the mana regen and move speed, and an extra disable is never bad.

Eul's is a playstyle choice, and is hardly necessary. European Invoker players get Eul's quite often, but as far as I'm aware, Chinese Invoker players almost never buy it in competitive games, opting for Force Staff or a faster Sheepstick instead.
Moderator
3Y3S
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada177 Posts
February 04 2012 21:25 GMT
#1436
On February 05 2012 01:11 Ata wrote:
Im an average player who plays mostly MM (all pick). I was wondering if there was a chart that says what heros counter what heros. Kind of like how the starcraft unit descriptions say good vs blah blah blah and bad vs blah blah blah.

Or even better, a program where I can tell it 1-5 heros picked on other team and it generates the best theoretical hero solution to pick.

as of yet there is no such chart, because basically there is no "hardcounter" there are heroes that are good to pick against others because they work well against a single or a few aspects but there is no such thing as a hardcounter, its not like get 3 immortal kill 24 roach or w/e.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 23:02:06
February 04 2012 22:53 GMT
#1437
On February 05 2012 01:34 Candadar wrote:
I always love a good challenge. So I'm going to put all my time and effort into mastering Invoker.

So far, this is what I've gathered to do, so I want some confirmation:

Phase Boots / Janggo / Aghanims are my core. Quas/Wex maxed up first, dance between EMP/Tornado all day. Fuck people up early game, become a mass disabler late game. Anything I'm missing?


I don't generally get Aghanims until I start getting some more points in exort. 5 second cooldown is fine when you only really have 4 spells you want to spam out in a team fight (ghost walk is an escape mechanism, deafening blast gives good CC in some cases). Also, unless you get some mana regen first (euls, sheepstick, or anything else you want really), you are going to face mana problems.

Also, if you are just starting invoker, you might want to tone it down a little, at least for a few games. I know my first invoker game I barely used invoke after getting tornado/EMP. I didn't get ags because it took 5 seconds to remember the key combination anyway .
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 04 2012 23:39 GMT
#1438
On February 05 2012 06:25 3Y3S wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 01:11 Ata wrote:
Im an average player who plays mostly MM (all pick). I was wondering if there was a chart that says what heros counter what heros. Kind of like how the starcraft unit descriptions say good vs blah blah blah and bad vs blah blah blah.

Or even better, a program where I can tell it 1-5 heros picked on other team and it generates the best theoretical hero solution to pick.

as of yet there is no such chart, because basically there is no "hardcounter" there are heroes that are good to pick against others because they work well against a single or a few aspects but there is no such thing as a hardcounter, its not like get 3 immortal kill 24 roach or w/e.


Well there are SOME hard counters...Sand King vs Broodmother, Slardar vs invis heroes, but I mean you're never really going to have one hero counter all 5 opposing heroes so in that sense the hero you have won't counter a team it can just outlane a single hero.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 01:57:25
February 05 2012 01:57 GMT
#1439
When did Kunkka get added to Dota? My friend quit playing Dota around the time Kunkka was added and I wanna link him the Dota history article on Gosugamers so he can catch up.
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
February 05 2012 02:07 GMT
#1440
Why are so many people who play this game the biggest dickheads in the world? And I don't mean flaming because of bad teammates, i mean throwing games on purpose repeatedly. Is that somehow fucking fun?
Jieun <3
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 569
910 424
Hyuk 275
Dewaltoss 78
Soma 67
Light 64
Killer 60
Yoon 52
Shinee 49
Mind 43
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 31
Bale 24
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 18
sorry 11
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe228
League of Legends
JimRising 446
Counter-Strike
olofmeister944
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2268
Khaldor550
Other Games
gofns1405
singsing1149
ceh9618
XBOCT306
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS37
DeMusliM10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream284
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH173
• LUISG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1306
• Stunt512
Other Games
• WagamamaTV113
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 6m
Stellar Fest
4h 6m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.