• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8863 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 70

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 1254 Next
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
January 31 2012 10:42 GMT
#1381
The thing about dota2 compared to LoL for me is that Dota2 forces me to get better, wich LoL did not.
At the start of playing this can be quite daunting, but after playing a good amount of games I remembered why dota1 was like crack to me back in the day :p
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
January 31 2012 14:20 GMT
#1382
Is there any guides on how the fuck to do Invoker? I want to give him a shot.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
January 31 2012 14:32 GMT
#1383
There are a couple on playdota, I'd spend a good hour testing his abilities and getting a few of them committed to muscle memory before trying him in a game. Knowing ghost walk, tornado, emp, cold snap and deafening blast straight off the bat is important. You won't be a "good" invoker until you're juggling everything you can cast, and have everything on muscle memory, but a heavy wex invoker who spams nado and emp during pushes and laning is one of the most annoying things to deal with in the game.

Just remember, if you're pissing off the other team, you're probably doing it right.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Altsa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Finland990 Posts
January 31 2012 14:35 GMT
#1384
^this is most likely the best Invoker guide around http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-omnimage . It is a bit dated (for6.70c) but Invoker has not been changed that much since then. Also, if you have not played Invoker at all, I`d strongly suggest you to play alone first to get familiar with his abilities and then practising with bots before playing with real people.
AoD
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
January 31 2012 15:28 GMT
#1385
Invoker needs a lot more pactice to be decent than any other hero. First two games of invoker will always be complete noobfest for you, maybe more depending on how fast you learn. Becoming decent at invoker is more about practice than anything else IMO. I don't play him simply because I don't have time to suck with him.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
January 31 2012 23:48 GMT
#1386
In the keybindings, there are buttons underneath the skills bound to alt + q, alt + w, etc

What are those keybindings for?
I am down but I am far from over
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
January 31 2012 23:56 GMT
#1387
On February 01 2012 08:48 Phaded wrote:
In the keybindings, there are buttons underneath the skills bound to alt + q, alt + w, etc

What are those keybindings for?

I believe that's for autocast toggle for certain skills, but I could be wrong.
Moderator
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 01 2012 01:22 GMT
#1388
You're right, its for toggling autocast, good for like, frost arrows on drow, flame arrows on clinkz, but for the most part you want to be orb walking with them early game anyways.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 03:28:47
February 02 2012 03:25 GMT
#1389
I can't figure out how to turn off True Strike on MKB. Is it still possible to do so?
Zephy
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany42 Posts
February 02 2012 04:07 GMT
#1390
I don't think it is. Since there is no reason one should ever turn it off, I don't see why they would implement this feature.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2012 04:23 GMT
#1391
On February 02 2012 13:07 Zephy wrote:
I don't think it is. Since there is no reason one should ever turn it off, I don't see why they would implement this feature.

True strike used to interfere with Weaver's Geminate Attack. Though that's something that DotA 2 developers are working on to fix... so yeah, I can't really think of a reason either.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 04:35:41
February 02 2012 04:31 GMT
#1392
What's the most efficient way to shop? Especially, what is a non-awkward way to use couriers?

Currently I have courier bound to a key and my steps are as follows:

- Open shop
- Buy items (this in itself takes a while...)
- Select courier
- Tell courier to retrieve items from stash
- Tell courier to ferry me the items
- Realize I don't have enough slots and dump my sticks on the floor (does this mean I have bad macro? Maybe I should never really be buying multiple items at the same time)

It takes forever and I mess it up a lot and I have to go back and correct commands a lot.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 02 2012 05:12 GMT
#1393
On February 02 2012 13:31 UniversalSnip wrote:
What's the most efficient way to shop? Especially, what is a non-awkward way to use couriers?

Currently I have courier bound to a key and my steps are as follows:

- Open shop
- Buy items (this in itself takes a while...)
- Select courier
- Tell courier to retrieve items from stash
- Tell courier to ferry me the items
- Realize I don't have enough slots and dump my sticks on the floor (does this mean I have bad macro? Maybe I should never really be buying multiple items at the same time)

It takes forever and I mess it up a lot and I have to go back and correct commands a lot.

A couple tips:

1) If you have the courier selected when you buy, items buy to the courier rather than to your stash.
2) Put items you'd buy for each hero in the recommended items. There's room for lots of stuff, so if you're not used to the shop menus, having the items you're most likely to buy on the custom recommended items is faster.
3) Use Quick Buy and the Quick Buy hotkey. Particularly when nothing's happening (e.g. start of the game, coming back to fountain at low health), I'll stick the next item I'm probably going to buy into Quick Buy.
Moderator
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
February 02 2012 05:35 GMT
#1394
What is a good solo mid to go against Invoker? I like playing solo mid but it seems that everything I try fails hard because he trades harass too well. Even ganking him is hard because of his invis. Any ideas?
DoubIe_O
Profile Joined May 2009
Austria234 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 09:10:57
February 02 2012 09:05 GMT
#1395
On February 02 2012 12:25 Garnet wrote:
I can't figure out how to turn off True Strike on MKB. Is it still possible to do so?

Its no longer possible to turn it off, imo the reason behind it was how it was coded so you needed to turn it off for weaver since his geminiate attack wouldnt work otherwise. However in Dota2 it is no longer necessary and therefore it got removed
On February 02 2012 14:35 sleeepy wrote:
What is a good solo mid to go against Invoker? I like playing solo mid but it seems that everything I try fails hard because he trades harass too well. Even ganking him is hard because of his invis. Any ideas?

Playing against invoker mid is hard since a good Invoker can dominate alot of Heroes, I personally would try Broodmother mid (invis helps and in pubs they dont get sentries) or go for Tinker (Laser makes him miss so Coldsnap doesnt trigger and at lvl 6-7 a rocket-laser combo kills him instant). Bloodseeker and Pudge are options against Invoker in mid but will fail when the Invoker player got some skill. Imo the best way to shut him down is to go for a dual lane mid (recommended: Lich with Slardar, DK, Alchi or Skeleton King; other possible supporters could be CM, Dazzle, Warlock I would prefer Lich since he takes alot of XP from Invoker). In addition to this a push/killer dual lane would work aswell sth like Sand King/Slardar with Lesh/Lina/CM.

On January 31 2012 23:20 Candadar wrote:
Is there any guides on how the fuck to do Invoker? I want to give him a shot.

I would check out DDLinkLinks stream and ask him in chat for some tips. He loves Invoker so he will be playing him often.
The guide mentioned before is also realy good, but it goes into alot of details you will not be albe to understand before you havent played a few games and got the basics of Invoker. Easy build for the start go for 3 lvls on Quas, then max out Wex --> max out Exort or Quas ( that depends on your enemies and the game situation and your preferences), atleast get 1 point in Exort when you go for Quas as second instance so you get the full arsenal. In the early stage Coldsnap, Tornado and EMP are your corespells, later you can add Meteor, Icewall, Deafening Blast, Alacrity. Recommended items are Phaseboots or maybe Travels, Forcestaff/ Euls Scepter/Drums of Endurance get atleast 1 or of those since your goal is to get alot of movement speed as your escape mechanism. Lategame items are Sheep-stick Aghanims and Shivas Guard, dont get Orchid since the other items are way better in terms of killing and helping out in teamfights. Infights try not to get too close into the fights. Set them up with your Tornado and EMP combo, follow it up with a meteor or deafening blast maybe a icewall when they come to close, for chasing use coldsnap and get the wex instances out for more MS and Attackspeed.
I see alot of Invokers go for Exort first, please do not make this mistake it is and ok build but in 90% of all situations the build described earlier is way more helpful for the team. Go for the Exort build when you have mates in your team and good coordination so you can kill with sunstrike AND the enemies dont have good gankers and you are save mid to stay, since your goal is to stay mid and dominate him with your high damage and get your levels up asap ofc farming like a madman is included. In this case you dont realy need Euls and Drums just go forcestaff as a escape mechanism and rush for your Sheep-stick.
Sorry for that amount of information but Invoker is one of the if not the most difficult hero to master, dont give up practising

If there are any questions regarding my post/ or in general about dota2 feel free to drop me a msg or contact me on Skype ( Acc: doubie_o ) just state your problem and say that you are from TL and i will try to answer it.
"Hence to fight and conquer in all you battles is not considered as surpreme excellence, surpreme excellence consists in breaking the enemies resistance without fighting"; Sun Zu
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2012 09:39 GMT
#1396
On February 02 2012 14:35 sleeepy wrote:
What is a good solo mid to go against Invoker? I like playing solo mid but it seems that everything I try fails hard because he trades harass too well. Even ganking him is hard because of his invis. Any ideas?

Despite being a terrible Bat Rider player (Kipsate can attest to this), I enjoy Bat Rider against Invoker. Napalm slows him down enough that his Wex boosts won't allow him to get away, and if you can get on top of him with Firefly Invoker doesn't last long. As with other invisible heroes, ganking with Sentries (though in the case of solo mid Invoker, dust is more applicable) nullifies his invisibility--and for Invoker, his 1/1 Ghost Walk slows him by a ridiculous amount.

Alternatively, Obsidian Destroyer (not yet implemented) feel fares quite well. You won't kill Invoker, but you can remove his mana and damage. And Invoker without mana to cast spells is just some dude wearing disco pants.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
February 02 2012 09:49 GMT
#1397
On February 02 2012 13:23 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 13:07 Zephy wrote:
I don't think it is. Since there is no reason one should ever turn it off, I don't see why they would implement this feature.

True strike used to interfere with Weaver's Geminate Attack. Though that's something that DotA 2 developers are working on to fix... so yeah, I can't really think of a reason either.

That's exactly why I asked, the Weaver thing. But since MKB is in the suggested item list for Weaver maybe they fixed it?.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 02 2012 11:09 GMT
#1398
Pugna does ok against invoker, but he's just a fantastic solo hero anyway. Better base damage early, very string nuke, decrep to avoid snap, and to counteract his wex ms. Once the invoker starts nado/emp spamming you it gets annoying, but you should be able to win the lane until then.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 02 2012 11:37 GMT
#1399
On February 02 2012 18:39 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 14:35 sleeepy wrote:
What is a good solo mid to go against Invoker? I like playing solo mid but it seems that everything I try fails hard because he trades harass too well. Even ganking him is hard because of his invis. Any ideas?

Despite being a terrible Bat Rider player (Kipsate can attest to this), I enjoy Bat Rider against Invoker. Napalm slows him down enough that his Wex boosts won't allow him to get away, and if you can get on top of him with Firefly Invoker doesn't last long. As with other invisible heroes, ganking with Sentries (though in the case of solo mid Invoker, dust is more applicable) nullifies his invisibility--and for Invoker, his 1/1 Ghost Walk slows him by a ridiculous amount.

Alternatively, Obsidian Destroyer (not yet implemented) feel fares quite well. You won't kill Invoker, but you can remove his mana and damage. And Invoker without mana to cast spells is just some dude wearing disco pants.


At some point, the Chinese would actually give away an invoker pick so they could counter him with batrider. Any turn around and harass range heroes tend to have a lot of problems. Invoker's strong at 2, but batrider's even stronger, and invoker doesn't have a long duration disable.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
February 02 2012 14:17 GMT
#1400
Hi, I'm kinda new to Dota so sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.
Nightstalker is recommended by many people as one the best ganking heroes in the game, so how come i don't see it is as often in competitive games? My experience so far with it is NS is extremely OP during the first couple of night and it starts going downhill from there, though you can still pickoff enemy's caster.
I hate all this singing
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 284
Hyuk 271
910 111
ZergMaN 30
Bale 26
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 13
Icarus 9
League of Legends
JimRising 556
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King198
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor406
crisheroes234
Other Games
ceh9466
WinterStarcraft404
Happy279
PiGStarcraft244
Sick237
Livibee170
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2374
League of Legends
• Stunt561
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 37m
Stellar Fest
5h 37m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.