• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10320 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 74

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 1254 Next
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 06 2012 20:43 GMT
#1461
On February 07 2012 05:23 epoc wrote:
What is an item then that gives massive attack speed?

Apart from the ones already listed, Mjollnir. Great for melee carries that need some form of AoE (Naix) and the lightning is great against armour-stacking teams.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 21:13:32
February 06 2012 20:52 GMT
#1462
On February 07 2012 05:06 ArcticVanguard wrote:
Is Vladmir's Offering worth buying on N'aix as a situational item after Treads and Armlet?


Negativeo! The benefit and survivability you would gain from a Vlads at that point in team fights would pale in comparison to a Black King Bar. Also after BKB, you have no orb effect so if life-leech is your aim might as well build toward a Satanic, otherwise Desolator/Mjollnir is the next preferred damage item, a more defense option otherwise would be Assault Cuirass.


On February 07 2012 00:37 Bloodash wrote:
any comments on my sven build?
soul ring -> Power Threads -> Mask of madness -> BkB -> Cuirass -> w/e ... you're invincible


Although that is a strong bruteforce build, Sven isn't exactly the tankiest of melee dps. You would be incredibly weak until you get and during the MoM phase of this item order, until you get that BkB. I personally would prefer Blink Dagger in placement of the MoM, or 1-2 Bracers + Magic Wand then MoM.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 06 2012 20:55 GMT
#1463
Mjollnir is decent but imo it's kind of meh in that it gives no survivability, especially for melee carries. Generally I'd prefer to just go for Assault Cuirass, which in my opinion should function quite nicely with Naix given that he needs the ASPD and the armor is going to be very helpful as he already has a built-in magic immunity.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 06 2012 20:59 GMT
#1464
I'd lean towards curiass over mjollnir too. It's streaky and if they have magic defense its not going to do much. Correct me if I'm wrong but your lifetap being percentage based goes through armor anyway, it's just straight %.
LiquidDota Staff
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
February 06 2012 21:32 GMT
#1465
Mjolnir allows Naix to deal with large creep waves ,allowing him to farm and push faster, which I personally like.

also lightning is fucking cool.
WriterXiao8~~
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 22:20:25
February 06 2012 21:41 GMT
#1466
Redacted until further notice. Fishgle PMed me what I needed to know,if I have further inquiries I'll re-edit this.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 06 2012 22:56 GMT
#1467
On February 07 2012 05:59 OuchyDathurts wrote:
I'd lean towards curiass over mjollnir too. It's streaky and if they have magic defense its not going to do much. Correct me if I'm wrong but your lifetap being percentage based goes through armor anyway, it's just straight %.

No, Na'ix's Feast does physical damage, which means the %-based damage is reduced by armor.

Cuirass vs. Mjollnir is a choice you make based on the game at hand. Cuirass is better if you need armor vs. an enemy physical carry, and if the enemy is relatively low on armor for their survivability. Mjollnir is better if you need farming power, can afford to take the hit to your physical survivability, and the enemy's survivability is armor-based.
Moderator
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 06 2012 23:06 GMT
#1468
naix is pretty tanky after he gets armlet, so going for a pure DPS item is fine, considering you have a free BKB anyway. It also gives him AoE, which allows him to farm faster. Afterwards you need to go for something more tanky though.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 06 2012 23:55 GMT
#1469
On February 07 2012 05:19 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 15:11 Seeker wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a POS 2005 model PC...... so I was wondering if I could get some help here.

Do u guys know EVERY SINGLE method I could do so I can ensure DotA2 is running on the LOWEST settings possible?
I have to run SC2 EVERYTHING on low but it does run fine with no lag. How can I do the same for DotA 2?

Thanks a bunch.

Specs would help, brohan

I'm tech illiterate

How do I find out what kind of specs I have?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 00:32:00
February 07 2012 00:31 GMT
#1470
On February 07 2012 08:55 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 05:19 Shikyo wrote:
On February 06 2012 15:11 Seeker wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a POS 2005 model PC...... so I was wondering if I could get some help here.

Do u guys know EVERY SINGLE method I could do so I can ensure DotA2 is running on the LOWEST settings possible?
I have to run SC2 EVERYTHING on low but it does run fine with no lag. How can I do the same for DotA 2?

Thanks a bunch.

Specs would help, brohan

I'm tech illiterate

How do I find out what kind of specs I have?

Generally start -> control panel -> system helps. Also reading the label sticker if it's a prebuilt computer helps.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 07 2012 01:03 GMT
#1471
CPUID CPU-Z will tell you basically everything about your comp. It's free.
LiquidDota Staff
Xialos
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada508 Posts
February 07 2012 03:23 GMT
#1472
does emp hit if the guy is still up in the tornado?
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
February 07 2012 03:25 GMT
#1473
How should I go about using Pugna?

I'm thinking Agamims is absolutely necessary on him to remove the CD on the ult, and just destroy people with that life steal and use the Ward spell thing to be helpful in teamfights. Anything else though, I should know?
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 03:26:39
February 07 2012 03:25 GMT
#1474
On February 07 2012 12:23 Xialos wrote:
does emp hit if the guy is still up in the tornado?

ya

On February 07 2012 12:25 Candadar wrote:
How should I go about using Pugna?

I'm thinking Agamims is absolutely necessary on him to remove the CD on the ult, and just destroy people with that life steal and use the Ward spell thing to be helpful in teamfights. Anything else though, I should know?

IMO BKB is more core than agh but I'm not good with him at all
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 07 2012 03:35 GMT
#1475
On February 07 2012 12:25 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 12:23 Xialos wrote:
does emp hit if the guy is still up in the tornado?

ya

Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 12:25 Candadar wrote:
How should I go about using Pugna?

I'm thinking Agamims is absolutely necessary on him to remove the CD on the ult, and just destroy people with that life steal and use the Ward spell thing to be helpful in teamfights. Anything else though, I should know?

IMO BKB is more core than agh but I'm not good with him at all

jango/mek/pipe/sheepstick, pick 2 of 4 depending on your role in team and speed you are farming at. scepter is a late carry addition since its more important you dont get bursted down and help your team with teamfights and disables. the idea is you use pugna's awesome farm and push rate to get these items quickly.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 03:36:51
February 07 2012 03:36 GMT
#1476
On February 07 2012 12:25 Candadar wrote:
How should I go about using Pugna?

I'm thinking Agamims is absolutely necessary on him to remove the CD on the ult, and just destroy people with that life steal and use the Ward spell thing to be helpful in teamfights. Anything else though, I should know?

Mekansm/Arcane Boots first core items. Your early pushing power with Blast is phenomenal, and with Mek/Arcanes, you can easily take 2-3 towers very quickly.

After that, you pick up the standard caster utility items. Force Staff->Sheepstick is typical, but Janggo, Pipe and Aghanim's are also reasonable depending on what your team needs/how you're doing.
Moderator
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 07 2012 04:29 GMT
#1477
Imo aghs isn't that good on him. Early items should help pushing power (mek/arcanes if possible), then if you want survivability BKB is probably your best bet, as it allows you to keep on draining and ignore stuns. Aghs is too much of a drain on your mana pool that early if you need to recast it after every stun, however it can be good late game when you have a big mana pool (aka after you get sheep stick).
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
February 07 2012 04:38 GMT
#1478
Any idea roughly how many beta keys have been distributed so far?
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 07 2012 05:39 GMT
#1479
n-1, where n is the number of people who wish to play.

Or at least, that's what it seems like
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
February 07 2012 08:26 GMT
#1480
On February 07 2012 13:38 fezvez wrote:
Any idea roughly how many beta keys have been distributed so far?

It's been a while since they started handing out beta keys so I'll guess around 25,000 to 35,000?
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
SteadfastSC486
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 37m
OSC
18h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.