• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8628 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 66

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 1254 Next
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
January 24 2012 19:15 GMT
#1301
He does it for a reason though. If you watch and think, "I should do that when I play huskar" then you shouldn't be watching streams. Watch and think, "Why would he sit at 10% hp the whole game? If I was playing against him what could I do to punish him for that?" Sometimes the answer is nothing. If he pops his heal and you can't outdamage it, you'll just die. If you get an invis rune and can punish him for doing it, hey you just learned one way to deal with a huskar doing this type of thing. This genius guy that's spent years playing the game figured some shit out and you can learn from him without having to spend years figuring it out on your own.
sausageslayer
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden45 Posts
January 24 2012 20:18 GMT
#1302
what is best to play ,if you don´t have dota2 beta, to get ready for it? :D
dota or Hon?
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 20:39:09
January 24 2012 20:37 GMT
#1303
On January 25 2012 04:15 scorch- wrote:
He does it for a reason though. If you watch and think, "I should do that when I play huskar" then you shouldn't be watching streams. Watch and think, "Why would he sit at 10% hp the whole game? If I was playing against him what could I do to punish him for that?" Sometimes the answer is nothing. If he pops his heal and you can't outdamage it, you'll just die. If you get an invis rune and can punish him for doing it, hey you just learned one way to deal with a huskar doing this type of thing. This genius guy that's spent years playing the game figured some shit out and you can learn from him without having to spend years figuring it out on your own.


If i was teaching someone SC2, I wouldn't show them replays of some ridiculous warp prism play and tell them to think about how to counter it, you'd start with the basics. Also Dendi didn't even grab his heal until level 12 i think lol. It was actually pretty ridiculous. Also I think its more important for people to learn to play safe than to play uber agressive from Dendi, and its hard to learn from him WHEN to play aggressive if you don't know how to play safe first. Gotta learn to walk before you can learn to run.


what is best to play ,if you don´t have dota2 beta, to get ready for it? :D
dota or Hon?


dota most definitely. Its basically the same game, HoN has a much different feel to it, although the basics are the same.
Jieun <3
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
January 24 2012 21:00 GMT
#1304
You have it all backwards. Playing safe is bad for learning. You learn a lot more a lot faster by playing aggressively. Learn what you can get away with and how your hero is good and bad and what spells the other team can use against you. Playing safe is good for your team's mid and lategame if you have better players on your team, but bad for your learning. If you're new, you want to focus on learning how to last-hit and the laning phase that takes place in the first 10-20 minutes of the game, not the impossible task of figuring out team fights and pushing/countering/timing/etc. Be active then if you want to learn, play safe if you want to win.

Sniperdadx
Profile Joined March 2011
United States41 Posts
January 24 2012 21:37 GMT
#1305
In dota2 is there a way to quick sell? for example in HoN I think it's ctrl, shift, right click. But I can't find anyway to have a similar bind in dota2.
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
January 24 2012 22:20 GMT
#1306
On January 25 2012 06:00 scorch- wrote:
You have it all backwards. Playing safe is bad for learning. You learn a lot more a lot faster by playing aggressively. Learn what you can get away with and how your hero is good and bad and what spells the other team can use against you. Playing safe is good for your team's mid and lategame if you have better players on your team, but bad for your learning. If you're new, you want to focus on learning how to last-hit and the laning phase that takes place in the first 10-20 minutes of the game, not the impossible task of figuring out team fights and pushing/countering/timing/etc. Be active then if you want to learn, play safe if you want to win.



I'm confused: isn't sitting in the lane and lasthitting for 20 minutes playing safe?
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
January 25 2012 09:49 GMT
#1307
Q1: how does one do that fast almost hitting animation for last hitting a mob? it sometimes happens on accident but not quite sure how to reproduce it

Q2: whats the most common way of setting up hotkeys in regards to heroes that have more to 4 skill buttons? somehow mine is set to q,w,e,r,b and empty.. -.-
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Overpowered
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic764 Posts
January 25 2012 10:05 GMT
#1308
I have one question - will there be new hero every Thursday? Or its like every two weeks? I heard there are some "Thursday updates", but do they include new hero every time? Thanks!
Just another gold Protoss...
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
January 25 2012 10:27 GMT
#1309
Most thurday updates include at least one new hero, the last three were invoker/spirit breaker + silencer/ bounty hunter

Spamming stop or hold position as you're about to attack. I don't bother to be honest. As for keys I have no idea, because I'm used to the legacy keys so much that they're muscle memory and trying to change would break me.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
January 25 2012 10:42 GMT
#1310
On January 25 2012 18:49 Bloodash wrote:
Q1: how does one do that fast almost hitting animation for last hitting a mob? it sometimes happens on accident but not quite sure how to reproduce it

Q2: whats the most common way of setting up hotkeys in regards to heroes that have more to 4 skill buttons? somehow mine is set to q,w,e,r,b and empty.. -.-


I think the most common way is q,w,e,r,d,f.

And default s is to do that stutter animation. It holdspositions and is useful for other things too I.e. bloodseeker has ulted u.
Jieun <3
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
January 25 2012 10:54 GMT
#1311
How do you guys spec your enigma after your blink and BKB? I can never decide whether I want a Linkens to block anyone who I didn't catch in BH to stop it, or a sheepstick for better control when I don't have BH.

Or both, but in which order?
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 25 2012 11:11 GMT
#1312
On January 25 2012 19:54 Hassybaby wrote:
How do you guys spec your enigma after your blink and BKB? I can never decide whether I want a Linkens to block anyone who I didn't catch in BH to stop it, or a sheepstick for better control when I don't have BH.

Or both, but in which order?


That's a lot of gold for an enigma. Anyway linkens would be a bad choice in most situations, it's an item you generally get early on not later. I'd look to see if team had items like pipe first and if they didn't pick that up. Otherwise sheep/shivas
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
January 25 2012 11:21 GMT
#1313
Most of the time sheep is more useful. To be honest, most Of the time sheep is the best item you can buy, on anyone. Really it very much depends on what you're against. I quite often go necrobook, because it's awesome, and lets you push harder, as well as do more in team fights, plus with its recent buff, a very strong item.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
EtherealBlade
Profile Joined August 2010
660 Posts
January 25 2012 11:36 GMT
#1314
On January 25 2012 19:54 Hassybaby wrote:
How do you guys spec your enigma after your blink and BKB? I can never decide whether I want a Linkens to block anyone who I didn't catch in BH to stop it, or a sheepstick for better control when I don't have BH.

Or both, but in which order?

Well if you have a BKB you shouldn't need a linken.

Items I like:
Necronomicon "works" the other team hard while you're black holing, and it's a good item. Get it if you're against invis.
Hex: obvious, mentioned above
Refresher: very expensive, but it's imba!
Shiva: solid item that you'll be in the position to use anyway when you blink in to black hole.
Veil: get it if you have enough magic aoe in the team that goes well with enigma
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
January 25 2012 12:06 GMT
#1315
get WARDS after blink and while on the way to BKB, can not stress this enough
DoomBox
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden73 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 12:27:38
January 25 2012 12:27 GMT
#1316
On January 25 2012 02:27 PHILtheTANK wrote:
I have 2 quick questions. Is there a hotkey to activate on attack abilities like enchantress' ult, or can you only rightclick it? Also I was curious if you got an item like abyssal blade on dragon knight, would the stun chance be 25% normal and 10%I while in ult? And would the aoe from your ult also have a chance to bash?


1: You can enable/disable the autocast of abilities by pressing alt+hotkey.

2: Don't know for sure about abyssal blade, but I assume that would be correct. Bash only bashes your main target, the bash-damage probably goes for you entire aoe tho.
NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT IN THE HISTORY OF DOTA
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
January 25 2012 13:12 GMT
#1317
followup question for Enigma:
are people managing to cast E before R? when I blink in and try it, most of the times the people you try to ult ran out of range

also, how many other heroes can jungle effectively from lvl 1? enigma, furion,... dark seer perhaps?
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 25 2012 13:15 GMT
#1318
On January 25 2012 22:12 Bloodash wrote:
followup question for Enigma:
are people managing to cast E before R? when I blink in and try it, most of the times the people you try to ult ran out of range

also, how many other heroes can jungle effectively from lvl 1? enigma, furion,... dark seer perhaps?


I normally place the midnight pulse pre battle but I think if you shift queue blink +e + r it might go off quickly and then they won't run out. You aren't really about the damage so I wouldn't be too worried about getting midnight pulse off, I'd say focus on getting the best black hole first.

For your second question there's a few heroes depending on what you call "effectively", some do it easier than others. Chen, enigma, furion,enchantress are prob the easiest. Then you get heroes like darkseer, axe,ursa that can also do it find. Even broodmother can if you want to.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
January 25 2012 13:18 GMT
#1319
On January 25 2012 20:36 Muki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 19:54 Hassybaby wrote:
How do you guys spec your enigma after your blink and BKB? I can never decide whether I want a Linkens to block anyone who I didn't catch in BH to stop it, or a sheepstick for better control when I don't have BH.

Or both, but in which order?

Well if you have a BKB you shouldn't need a linken.

Items I like:
Necronomicon "works" the other team hard while you're black holing, and it's a good item. Get it if you're against invis.
Hex: obvious, mentioned above
Refresher: very expensive, but it's imba!
Shiva: solid item that you'll be in the position to use anyway when you blink in to black hole.
Veil: get it if you have enough magic aoe in the team that goes well with enigma


Well I was thinking about those spells that go through a BKB, like Roar or a VS swap. But you guys are right, and I should focus on the sheepstick above the rest

And dw, I still ward when I remember as well :D
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
EtherealBlade
Profile Joined August 2010
660 Posts
January 25 2012 13:33 GMT
#1320
On January 25 2012 22:12 Bloodash wrote:
followup question for Enigma:
are people managing to cast E before R? when I blink in and try it, most of the times the people you try to ult ran out of range

also, how many other heroes can jungle effectively from lvl 1? enigma, furion,... dark seer perhaps?


You can do a midnight pulse before black holing but it's a bit risky. You have to instantly cancel the animation when the midnight pulse is down, depends how crazy the enemy stunner reacts. With BKB definitely cast it though, it takes less than 1 second to cast both spells I think.


(My knowledge is a little outdated but anyway...) :
Well, as for level 1 junglers - I don't like it when heroes that are more useful in a lane, like Furion, Seer, Enigma, Ench etc. do it, when the solo hero is not good for 1vs2. Also I've seen people mistake Chen for some uber carry who spends all his time farming the jungle, he's supposed to just find 2 big creeps, some spells and go gank asap. Same for Furion, just get some quick items then.

While it's understandable in some cases, like Eni farming a very fast blink or something, just because a hero can jungle does not mean it should. Level 1 jungling is more preferable in my opinion with heroes that would get owned in their lane - Axe, Lycan, Broodmother, Naix typical melee heroes whose farm is preventable in lane, and maybe Syllabear if there are too many nukers against him. I don't know how Terrorblade does in the jungle after the remake but I guess he's fine.

Haven't seen bloodseeker do jungle yet in Dota 2, that also depends on the lineup but I think he's at least a decent laner with quelling blade and a shield.
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
Nina 118
Nathanias 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16303
White-Ra 355
Artosis 197
ToSsGirL 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever345
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3398
Counter-Strike
fl0m1327
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1906
Liquid`Hasu1368
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g6330
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1286
shahzam550
C9.Mang0237
JimRising 213
ZombieGrub51
Mew2King45
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• davetesta21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur265
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
Stellar Fest
14h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.