• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7274 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 49

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 1254 Next
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
December 13 2011 21:22 GMT
#961
I come from LoL and i used to play Singed/Maokai SoloTop or Bitzcrank/Alistar Support Bot.

What champions should I try in the beta (i got it recently) that fit in my style.
HypernovA
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada556 Posts
December 13 2011 22:01 GMT
#962
On December 14 2011 06:22 haitike wrote:
I come from LoL and i used to play Singed/Maokai SoloTop or Bitzcrank/Alistar Support Bot.

What champions should I try in the beta (i got it recently) that fit in my style.


Maokai is a tank so is Singed. If you like taking, I'd suggest you try Dragon Knight. Huskar will be a good pick for you as well. The majority of the Str heroes I think you will enjoy playing.
nikj
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada669 Posts
December 13 2011 22:13 GMT
#963
On December 14 2011 05:24 PassiveAce wrote:
A great resource is http://www.playdota.com
Im not experienced with Dota but from what I gather, most of playdota is still relevant to dota2, including things like guides.
if im wrong then for the love of god someone please correct me.

www.dota2wiki.com also has lists of information about dota2 including items but I think they lack a guides section. Good Luck!


Thanks this will be a good start!

Yea I wasn't too sure about the item crossover from Dota 1 to Dota 2. My friend said just some of the names are changed, but imagine some have been tweaked.

The hardest part for me is just remembering to use the damn things. :S

I'm having fun so far though trying my best not to feed, while I get used to game.
Y'know sometimes people ask me y'know like "What's your religion and stuff?" And I'm like "y' know it's like RTS." Uh, and they're like, "What's that?" And I'm like, "Y'know it's kinda like, kinda like Buddism."
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
December 14 2011 12:04 GMT
#964
Blitz is often compared to pudge, but pudge is not really sideline support material. He was about snagging a hero then using your lanemate to help dps them down really? If tuskar were in dota2, I'd suggest him. Dk is a good shout for your singedalike, I'd also suggest witch doc as a sideline support.

More important than which heroes you liked playing is what about them and why you liked playing.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 14 2011 16:17 GMT
#965
Can someone tell me where I should be placing wards in the jungle? I know the good spots for covering runes but I have no idea where I should be warding in the jungle, can someone give me some common spots?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
December 14 2011 16:27 GMT
#966
This is a nice guide on warding, read it sometime ago, helped a lot. Spend some time reading it or just looking on the map that is provided, it should be enough.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 14 2011 16:28 GMT
#967
Thank you!
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
December 14 2011 16:44 GMT
#968
Link to the guide section of playdota really should be somewhere in the OP. It's really well done, easy to browse and guides with rating above 9 are always top quality.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
aevealon
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore80 Posts
December 15 2011 16:29 GMT
#969
On December 14 2011 06:22 haitike wrote:
I come from LoL and i used to play Singed/Maokai SoloTop or Bitzcrank/Alistar Support Bot.

What champions should I try in the beta (i got it recently) that fit in my style.


I assume that since you're coming from LoL and the fact that you're asking that you have little knowledge about dota heros. So rather than choosing specific heroes, I think playing random would really help getting to know majority of the heroes well.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
December 15 2011 16:38 GMT
#970
Yes, knowing everything would help. So would spending 4-5 hours in single player, docking about with each and every hero to understand their skills.

That's not going to happen. It's what everyone *should* do to start, but nobody ever does. Hell, sometimes I don't even do it for new heroes, and that's one hero, not 100+

Playing the game in a role youre like to be (sort of) comfortable with is a decent start, then when you get your arse handed to you on a platter by something you don't recOgnise, at least you have a base to start from. Hence why I asked what he liked about the champs in question.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
ilovelings
Profile Joined January 2011
Argentina776 Posts
December 16 2011 00:59 GMT
#971
On December 11 2011 23:36 chocopaw wrote:
mouz.Trixi (<333) just played Nightstalker versus Na'Vi.
When and why do you pick that hero in competetive DotA?


It's an awesome hero. I remember a Puck, SS & Balanar gank squad that basically anihilated top teams.
People is diying.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 17 2011 14:15 GMT
#972
Can someone please explain to me what "Ricing" is? I can't quite figure it out from context...
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12173 Posts
December 17 2011 14:26 GMT
#973
On December 17 2011 23:15 PassiveAce wrote:
Can someone please explain to me what "Ricing" is? I can't quite figure it out from context...


Gold farming. As in killing creeps.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 17 2011 14:28 GMT
#974
lol thank you Yurie, I knew it had to do with farming but i didnt think it was just a synonym.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
December 17 2011 14:43 GMT
#975
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12173 Posts
December 17 2011 14:45 GMT
#976
On December 17 2011 23:43 Bloodash wrote:
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?


No there isn't. There is pause and in the scoreboard you can commend/report, view steam profile and mute people. Mute is good since it keeps it between games, so you mute a person once and he/she stays muted.
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
December 17 2011 14:55 GMT
#977
On December 17 2011 23:43 Bloodash wrote:
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?

Democracy is not the way to go in dota games, that's why i'll never support voting in dota2.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
December 17 2011 15:24 GMT
#978
On December 17 2011 23:55 Qbek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 23:43 Bloodash wrote:
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?

Democracy is not the way to go in dota games, that's why i'll never support voting in dota2.


well its just to get rid of those eternally afk dudes and take their items in pub games :p
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
December 17 2011 15:31 GMT
#979
On December 18 2011 00:24 Bloodash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 23:55 Qbek wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:43 Bloodash wrote:
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?

Democracy is not the way to go in dota games, that's why i'll never support voting in dota2.


well its just to get rid of those eternally afk dudes and take their items in pub games :p

Aren't they kicked automatically?
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
December 17 2011 16:18 GMT
#980
On December 18 2011 00:31 Qbek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 00:24 Bloodash wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:55 Qbek wrote:
On December 17 2011 23:43 Bloodash wrote:
simple question, is there a votekick?
or any ingame commands?

Democracy is not the way to go in dota games, that's why i'll never support voting in dota2.


well its just to get rid of those eternally afk dudes and take their items in pub games :p

Aren't they kicked automatically?

nope, people who disconnect are given control after 5 minutes as far as I know, and items are greyed out if you try to use them, so as far as I know there are 0 ways of taking items of people who don't play anymore
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM895
TKL 319
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 94
ZombieGrub36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 94
UpATreeSC 92
JuggernautJason40
ZombieGrub36
Nathanias 20
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 140
firebathero 96
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 28
Bale 25
Trap 25
Shine 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 16
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4607
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8168
crisheroes1779
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4771
summit1g1996
singsing1398
Beastyqt770
ceh9632
B2W.Neo376
shahzam353
C9.Mang0172
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 163
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2204
• TFBlade923
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.