• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8885 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 128

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 1254 Next
paschl
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany666 Posts
May 14 2012 15:04 GMT
#2541
yep, items work too.
but when you vortex first you lose the first attack+overload damage.
Kuzmorgo
Profile Joined May 2009
Hungary1058 Posts
May 14 2012 17:20 GMT
#2542
On May 14 2012 23:10 paschl wrote:
Yep i tried it and the aoe isnt actually that small.
What im wondering is the initiation. Everybody says you should roll, attack, vortex, attack, remnant, attack etc.
But sometimes when you roll in and attack they have time to get off their stun first, or have a little time to run away.
Im not entirely convinced i shouldnt just roll and go straight for the vortex.


Its hard, but you can actually attack during roll, but if you want to ensure you get vortex off (against a blinker its the safest thing to do), then you can cast that while you are rolling, what I usually do is roll, select vortex, and once im in range click enemy hero. But theoretically its possible to get the attack off before vortex, almost as fast.
"No, whine not! Play, or play not! There is no whine."
ilovelings
Profile Joined January 2011
Argentina776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 20:30:36
May 14 2012 20:21 GMT
#2543
Does mjolnir trigger during omnislash's extra attacks?

In dota1 I'm positive that it did because it was core for my funbuild (battefury stacking + mjolnir + aghanim = one dead team). I haven't seen it trigger in dota2 yet.

Perhaps I'm wrong.
People is diying.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
May 14 2012 21:10 GMT
#2544
yes it does trigger
the animation in dota 2 sux you can barely see the lightning

initiating on storm is situational, if you're up against a hero with no disables (or no mana or everything on cd) you can blink, attack (in midair), remnant, attack, pull, attack, remnant, then chase with ult+autoattacks+remnants for maximum damage

most of the time you can get a remnant off before you pull, but it really depends. if you're trying to gank a hero with an escape you generally need to pull while in midair, and if you're going for a disabler it's often a good idea to pull in midair, but sometimes you can get off a remnant before you pull. against certain heroes you can sneak in a little more, for example against bs or ultless es you have plenty of time since their cast animations are so awful
ilovelings
Profile Joined January 2011
Argentina776 Posts
May 14 2012 22:22 GMT
#2545
true dat. The lightning is SHIT.
People is diying.
HerbMac
Profile Joined April 2012
Wales19 Posts
May 15 2012 12:39 GMT
#2546
Newb here.

Are there any sort of last-hit benchmarks I should be hitting? I'm playing venomancer atm.

Is it a bad idea to rely on autobuy? Since I'm not comfortable choosing between items on the fly, am I f**king myself over in the long run if I don't learn to use the shop now?
ilovelings
Profile Joined January 2011
Argentina776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 13:49:46
May 15 2012 13:45 GMT
#2547
My personal benchmark for last hits/denies as carry is 60 cs every ten minutes (totally doable) and between 10 and 20 denies. If you can land some kills you are set for the mid game. If the enemy actually knows how to play very well 50cs is ok as long as you land kills.

I still clickbuy after 6 years of playing the game hahaha.
People is diying.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
May 15 2012 14:00 GMT
#2548
When are you guys most comfortable with buriza?

I usually only get buriza on Heroes that rely on cleave (Sven, Magnus, Admiral, mortred since I always play her with a battle fury) but honestly, I really don't know when to get it. For most agi carries I play, I would get other stuff like Butterfly or MKB to get more than just pure damage. When should I get it over Butterfly/MKB?

Just curious, I feel like I'm overlooking this item really bad =\

IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
May 15 2012 14:19 GMT
#2549
On May 15 2012 23:00 myrmidon2537 wrote:
When are you guys most comfortable with buriza?

I usually only get buriza on Heroes that rely on cleave (Sven, Magnus, Admiral, mortred since I always play her with a battle fury) but honestly, I really don't know when to get it. For most agi carries I play, I would get other stuff like Butterfly or MKB to get more than just pure damage. When should I get it over Butterfly/MKB?

Just curious, I feel like I'm overlooking this item really bad =\


unless you need true strike (butterfly, wr, panda...) or mini stuns (need to interupt chanelling spells) buriza is better
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
May 15 2012 14:32 GMT
#2550
I usually get butterfly because of its evasion, damage bonus etc etc. I have this thinking that butterfly evasion can significantly help me survive. however, there's also the train of thought that you can also significantly survive if you kill them faster (with buriza) >_>

I get that MKB is situational with the true strike and mini stun. How about your personal preferences, which heroes would you pick a Butterfly over a buriza (or vice-versa). Or which situations?
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
May 15 2012 14:49 GMT
#2551
Buriza is generally good if you have high attack speed as it gives very good damage but no AS and ,well, you proc crit more often. MKB is picked if you need to break channeling spells and can't do it otherwise and when the enemy has any evasion(Windrunner gets really f'ed by MKB). Also kunkka no matter what, nothing like a 1k to all team from creep hit. Otherwise I'd go for Bfly or hot, depending whether the problem is the damage or hp (teamwise)
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
May 15 2012 14:51 GMT
#2552
On May 15 2012 23:32 myrmidon2537 wrote:
I usually get butterfly because of its evasion, damage bonus etc etc. I have this thinking that butterfly evasion can significantly help me survive. however, there's also the train of thought that you can also significantly survive if you kill them faster (with buriza) >_>

I get that MKB is situational with the true strike and mini stun. How about your personal preferences, which heroes would you pick a Butterfly over a buriza (or vice-versa). Or which situations?


Butterfly for the hardcore agility carries. Anti-Mage, Void (+more bash with AS) etc.
Buriza for one hit wonder heroes, like Admiral really. Admiral isn't even a carry but he's the only viable buriza carrier in a pubstomp game. For everything else, another item does the job better. (Armlet, BKB, Deso, etc) Buriza is down the road.. like your 3rd or 4th item for most str carries.

Not much situations for Bfly vs Buriza, one is for agility heroes, the other is for strength.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
May 15 2012 14:52 GMT
#2553
Thanks for those answers I'll be sure to try it on my next game and see how it goes
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
May 15 2012 20:54 GMT
#2554
On May 15 2012 23:51 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 23:32 myrmidon2537 wrote:
I usually get butterfly because of its evasion, damage bonus etc etc. I have this thinking that butterfly evasion can significantly help me survive. however, there's also the train of thought that you can also significantly survive if you kill them faster (with buriza) >_>

I get that MKB is situational with the true strike and mini stun. How about your personal preferences, which heroes would you pick a Butterfly over a buriza (or vice-versa). Or which situations?


Butterfly for the hardcore agility carries. Anti-Mage, Void (+more bash with AS) etc.
Buriza for one hit wonder heroes, like Admiral really. Admiral isn't even a carry but he's the only viable buriza carrier in a pubstomp game. For everything else, another item does the job better. (Armlet, BKB, Deso, etc) Buriza is down the road.. like your 3rd or 4th item for most str carries.

Not much situations for Bfly vs Buriza, one is for agility heroes, the other is for strength.

In my opinion (which isn't good, admittedly), buriza makes less sense with heroes that have low attack speed - generally you want it on heroes that have high attack speed and high base damage (that's why you tend to see crti on drow - her ulti gives her naturally high base attack damage with high attack speed). The reason kunkka often gets buriza is more for the lolzy chance to get a perfect crit splash on 5 heroes and he is relatively reliant on this to do damage (and thus is taking a large chance to be effective). If I get Buriza, it's usually the third or fourth lategame item after I already have other important items.

Or long story short, other items before buriza.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
May 16 2012 07:20 GMT
#2555
Do we get matched against nice people if we get high commend?
I hate all this singing
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
May 16 2012 07:34 GMT
#2556
On May 16 2012 16:20 brachester wrote:
Do we get matched against nice people if we get high commend?


I imagine if any system were in place you would get matched against players with high commend.
Never make a hydralisk.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
May 16 2012 10:29 GMT
#2557
But that would be the stupidest system, considering how many people trade commends.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
CountChocula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 10:48:59
May 16 2012 10:47 GMT
#2558
On May 16 2012 16:34 justinpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 16:20 brachester wrote:
Do we get matched against nice people if we get high commend?


I imagine if any system were in place you would get matched against players with high commend.

Perhaps they match nice people with high commend with people with low commend to get them to rehabilitate the trolls and flamers.

- "wtf didn't you save me when I suicided into 5 ppl?"
- "Let's sing Kumbaya!"
- "F UUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!"
Writer我会让他们连馒头都吃不到 Those championships owed me over the years, I will take them back one by one.
Anacletus
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States733 Posts
May 17 2012 04:33 GMT
#2559
Has Valve released their plans for future heroes to be released in DotA 2 anywhere?
http://talk-to-stimey-please.1324083.n2.nabble.com/
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
May 17 2012 06:58 GMT
#2560
Its something similar to http://divinecourage.dy.fi/

Also, how they found venge's recommended items.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g7044
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0268
ceh9171
Sick144
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.