• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9346 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 118

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 1254 Next
The Great Taste
Profile Joined January 2012
389 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 13:23:07
April 17 2012 13:22 GMT
#2341
On April 17 2012 21:11 Zhiroo wrote:
So if someone leaves a game in matchmaking and the game says it's safe to leave do I get a loss for leaving it as well?


If the leaver is before 10 (15 possibly?) minutes, you do not get a loss (but I think you get a win if you win). Otherwise you do get a loss.

This includes cases where the leaver leaves before 10 minutes but you play on. If the game goes for 50 minutes and you lose, still does not count as a loss because the leaver was before 10 minutes.
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
April 17 2012 17:31 GMT
#2342
Okay I got another question: I've won my last game and I got abandoned instead. I went afk for a 2-3 minutes because of my mothers bitching. Is there a set timer where it activates an abadonment or what?
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
April 17 2012 18:04 GMT
#2343
ya if you stop moving all together for too long it flags you as afk and give you an abandon. Sorry man
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
April 17 2012 18:19 GMT
#2344
Cool thanks for the answer.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
April 17 2012 18:52 GMT
#2345
On April 16 2012 22:35 LAN-f34r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 21:03 Fishgle wrote:
On April 16 2012 20:32 Muki wrote:
On April 16 2012 17:25 eluv wrote:
On April 16 2012 17:21 The Great Taste wrote:
On another note, where did the term SS (for missing hero) come from? Never heard it used until I started playing Dota 2, and I've played Dota since 2006, and a bit of LoL and HoN as well.



I don't know for certain, but I do know that I started hearing it when I played HoN about two years ago, so it was definitely around at least that long ago. My best guess is that it's literally just the middle two letters of "missing", and they happen to be on under your left hand, and are therefore easier to type.


Yeah, people learned to call "miss", but their right hand is on the mouse while their left is placed above ASDF, so it became easier to just write "ss". I also liked a system where people would write the lane and a number like m0 (=mid is missing) or t3 (3 on top)


huh. i've always used:
ss = stay safe... ss top, ss mid, ss 1miss, etc
so in essence, as a replacement for "care"


That would be so confusing. I wonder if you have been in my game sometime when i rage at people for trying to call my lane miss when they have been in fog for 2 secs and i know they are coming back

When I came from LoL it changed from mia to ss. I thought it was because people dont like doing what "LoL kiddies" do :D

Really? I played LoL on EUW server and all I ever hear over there is ss as well.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
April 17 2012 19:42 GMT
#2346
It's been ss the entire time I've played DotA, from sometime in 2007. It is probably which community one plays on since they don't mix all that much.

Been ss in my DL (both), DP, Iccup, Bnet and various other platforms I've played on in Europe.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
April 17 2012 22:18 GMT
#2347
On April 16 2012 13:25 TheYango wrote:
Does the observer gold graph count buybacks as an increase in the teams' gold difference?

Shooting pretty far back here now, but isn't the gold graph an indicator of gold EARNED, not the current gold the team has? IE, if you spend gold on a BKB, it doesn't effect the gold graph, so why would buying back affect the gold graph?

More or less, just double checking I understand that gold graph.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
thethingexe
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia28 Posts
April 17 2012 23:42 GMT
#2348
What current dota 1 heroes are not part of -cm?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 18 2012 01:44 GMT
#2349
On April 18 2012 08:42 thethingexe wrote:
What current dota 1 heroes are not part of -cm?

Phoenix, Pit Lord, Legion Commander, Goblin Shredder, Ember Spirit, Skywrath Mage
Moderator
Entertaining
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada793 Posts
April 18 2012 02:11 GMT
#2350
is there a way to toggle between orbs in dota2?
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
April 18 2012 04:27 GMT
#2351
I played Storm Spirit for the first time tonight. And I like the hero, but I did not feel like I was playing him properly. The items and skills I had issues with, general flow of the game. So, my question is this, what advice can anyone give pertaining SS? Or at least, are their recommendations for a specific player who plays him exceptionally to where I could learn form.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
April 18 2012 05:05 GMT
#2352
save ur mana
farm more gank less
St.Velten
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany222 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 05:57:30
April 18 2012 05:56 GMT
#2353
On April 18 2012 13:27 Nilrem wrote:
I played Storm Spirit for the first time tonight. And I like the hero, but I did not feel like I was playing him properly. The items and skills I had issues with, general flow of the game. So, my question is this, what advice can anyone give pertaining SS? Or at least, are their recommendations for a specific player who plays him exceptionally to where I could learn form.


http://blip.tv/Nebu1a/dota-daily-144-1-storm-spirit-1-5583137
http://blip.tv/Nebu1a/dota-daily-144-2-storm-spirit-2-5583245

~2h of Storm Spirit and strategy might be a bit outdated as its made for dota1 but the basics remain the same.
thethingexe
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia28 Posts
April 18 2012 09:54 GMT
#2354
On April 18 2012 10:44 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 08:42 thethingexe wrote:
What current dota 1 heroes are not part of -cm?

Phoenix, Pit Lord, Legion Commander, Goblin Shredder, Ember Spirit, Skywrath Mage


So roofy and terroblade are in?
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
April 18 2012 10:01 GMT
#2355
On April 18 2012 18:54 thethingexe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 10:44 TheYango wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:42 thethingexe wrote:
What current dota 1 heroes are not part of -cm?

Phoenix, Pit Lord, Legion Commander, Goblin Shredder, Ember Spirit, Skywrath Mage


So roofy and terroblade are in?

They were added in 6.73
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
The Great Taste
Profile Joined January 2012
389 Posts
April 18 2012 10:03 GMT
#2356
On April 18 2012 13:27 Nilrem wrote:
I played Storm Spirit for the first time tonight. And I like the hero, but I did not feel like I was playing him properly. The items and skills I had issues with, general flow of the game. So, my question is this, what advice can anyone give pertaining SS? Or at least, are their recommendations for a specific player who plays him exceptionally to where I could learn form.


Darer.G plays a pretty good storm, probably the best I've seen in recent times in Dota 2. Here is one video of him:
.

I think X!! (aka Dai) was famous for his storm play, notably in the International Finals Game 2.

Seems that arcane boots into bloodstone with the boots dissamble is the new "thing" for storm. The old item build was BKB into hex, and with the cheaper orchid rushing that might also be a good idea. There are also other choices such as straight hex rush or linkens. Each build has its advantage/disadvantage and I wouldn't say that there is a "best" build.

Skillwise it should be max vortex (or 3 levels in it), then probably overload, then remnant. The main problem I find with storm is that my mana pool drops really quickly, and if you don't manage it right you can get yourself killed quite easily.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
April 18 2012 11:42 GMT
#2357
Blitz is a good storm spirit, and he also answers chat's questions. So you could drill him while he plays :D

http://www.twitch.tv/blitzdota
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
April 18 2012 14:24 GMT
#2358
Is anyone else having trouble getting a decent overview of the game? I sometimes have the idea the screen is just too zoomed in on the battlefield to have enough information, how do people control the camera overall? do you ever have the camera fixed on your hero? any hints, tips and tricks?
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
April 18 2012 16:54 GMT
#2359
I always feel that way, especially during chases when I just need more visual feedback.
The only way I know to compensate is to watch the minimap and constantly shift the screen using high mouse scroll speed (although I always see pros set mouse screen scroll speed to very low.) and use the minimap to move the camera.

I think every rts should let you zoom out way more :p
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
knightwulf
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada174 Posts
April 19 2012 16:53 GMT
#2360
Simple question but i can not find any answers to it. Where do you put your keyboard hand? like starting position, where are your fingers normally? I keep them at home row and i have recently noticed that i am unable to reach F1 keys... any advice ?

Knightwulf
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 621
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 121
JuggernautJason55
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29897
Calm 2918
Shuttle 759
firebathero 155
Mini 144
Dewaltoss 119
soO 34
Hyun 29
HiyA 28
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 341
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1524
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu612
Other Games
FrodaN2959
B2W.Neo595
Beastyqt584
mouzStarbuck449
Livibee191
ToD153
C9.Mang0134
KnowMe131
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr88
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur811
• WagamamaTV241
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 6m
Replay Cast
3h 51m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.