• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7923 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 119

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 1254 Next
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
April 19 2012 16:54 GMT
#2361
I lay my fingers at AWERC and that's the hotkeys I use. I first found a comfortable position and than adjusted the hotkeys to it, everyone should do so.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
gostunv
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan1178 Posts
April 19 2012 17:16 GMT
#2362
is there any way to make the bottom bar of the UI any smaller? the iems, portrait, mini, map all too big for me.

even LoL lets you do this to an extent. =/
teamblackeye.com ///// http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv ///// https://twitter.com/forgenjuro
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
April 19 2012 17:31 GMT
#2363
The set screen size / zoom is intended for competitive purposes, I assume. The game is still in beta so maybe they'll be allowing more customization later.
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
April 19 2012 17:48 GMT
#2364
On April 20 2012 01:53 knightwulf wrote:
Simple question but i can not find any answers to it. Where do you put your keyboard hand? like starting position, where are your fingers normally? I keep them at home row and i have recently noticed that i am unable to reach F1 keys... any advice ?

Knightwulf


Mine is like wasd keys, you don't need to reach F keys anyway. Just bind your hero to 1 or do it manually every time using ctrl groups like in wc3. Or grow bigger hands/stretch further. :p
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
April 20 2012 02:16 GMT
#2365
On the topic of hadn position. I find the best position is always on the left hand side of the keyboard because of my hotkey setup. i use QWER for spells, Then ALT+qwer for items. Courier is bound to "," so i never hit it by mistake and i bind my hero to 1-2-3 if i only control him, otherwise i get my hero on 2. More comfortable that way.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
April 20 2012 06:57 GMT
#2366
I have a question regarding venomancer. I do not mind being support with venomancer, but my inkling to kill sort of takes over at times. I was wondering if people think it would be an ok build to go for shadow blade, in particular, going for it before scepter. I realize the importance of scepter in regards to the ult, and how great it is. But I was thinking that it would interesting since it aids in survivability and using the additional 150 damage would be nice.

One more question, if I use shadow blade in conjunction with ult, does it increase the ults damage by 150?
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
April 20 2012 07:28 GMT
#2367
On April 20 2012 15:57 Nilrem wrote:
I have a question regarding venomancer. I do not mind being support with venomancer, but my inkling to kill sort of takes over at times. I was wondering if people think it would be an ok build to go for shadow blade, in particular, going for it before scepter. I realize the importance of scepter in regards to the ult, and how great it is. But I was thinking that it would interesting since it aids in survivability and using the additional 150 damage would be nice.

One more question, if I use shadow blade in conjunction with ult, does it increase the ults damage by 150?

1. If it works for you, than you can. It's not like you're playing in a tournament, are you? Coz there shadow blade is nearly useless, but in pubs it's sometimes best survivability item when opponents don't buy vision.

2. No, it only works on attacks.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
April 20 2012 07:40 GMT
#2368
brewmaster question: if you pick up a rune with one of your ult characters, if you go back to normal form, will you still retain the rune effect?
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
ralffriend
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany112 Posts
April 20 2012 10:07 GMT
#2369
not really an in game question but i think it still fits in this thread:
is it possible to play from Eu-server on US server or do i have to download another version (like in sc2). And would the ping make a play on other regions able or is it to high=?
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
April 20 2012 10:08 GMT
#2370
yes you can play across servers
EU to USE should be manageable, but EU to USW is pretty laggy
frucisky
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2170 Posts
April 20 2012 10:12 GMT
#2371
anybody else not having any hotkeys on brewmasters spirit abilities?
not using legacy btw
<3 DongRaeGu <3
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
April 20 2012 10:14 GMT
#2372
On April 20 2012 19:07 ralffriend wrote:
not really an in game question but i think it still fits in this thread:
is it possible to play from Eu-server on US server or do i have to download another version (like in sc2). And would the ping make a play on other regions able or is it to high=?

There are no region restrictions. You can play on every server avaible. If you're from europe, USeast has playable pings for most people, but overally it depends on your personal preference, play some games and see how it goes for you.
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 10:23:17
April 20 2012 10:16 GMT
#2373
On April 20 2012 19:12 frucisky wrote:
anybody else not having any hotkeys on brewmasters spirit abilities?
not using legacy btw

Worked for me on test client yesterday without a problem, will check the main client in a moment for ya.

EDIT: works perfectly fine for first level of ult, the earth panda has the same hotkey as clap, the storm has the 3 you'd expect him to have and they work no problem. Is the problem with aghanims on? I didn't check that. (also check if you have hotkeys for other units set in settings)
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
April 20 2012 13:03 GMT
#2374
How do you play vs Doom Bringer? I can't find a way that doesn't get me killed no matter how much farm I have. Every fight I just get doomed, then focused down because there's nothing I can do about it. Obviously I could just play heroes that have a lower priority, but that solution is pretty...bleak.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
April 20 2012 13:15 GMT
#2375
On April 20 2012 22:03 ChrisXIV wrote:
How do you play vs Doom Bringer? I can't find a way that doesn't get me killed no matter how much farm I have. Every fight I just get doomed, then focused down because there's nothing I can do about it. Obviously I could just play heroes that have a lower priority, but that solution is pretty...bleak.


Wait for him to cast doom on something else, be in a better position so he can't doom you, gank and kill him before you fight, etc.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
April 20 2012 14:38 GMT
#2376
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in..
I just got a beta invite and I've never played dota 1 before (I've played some LoL, I have a basic idea how to last hit etc, but no knowledge whatsoever about dota), so I was wondering what would be some good easy heroes to start out with? I prefer the idea of being a mage or ranged hero instead of being melee.
Also, what site is the best for hero guides?
Thanks
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 14:45:55
April 20 2012 14:41 GMT
#2377
As Brood, what can you do on the hardlane if you've been shut down rather hard - sentries in lane, they have aoe to clear spiderlings quick like Anchor Smash? So far I've been sending spiderlings to jungle to slowly get that BKB, but what else can I do?


On April 20 2012 23:38 xsksc wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in..
I just got a beta invite and I've never played dota 1 before (I've played some LoL, I have a basic idea how to last hit etc, but no knowledge whatsoever about dota), so I was wondering what would be some good easy heroes to start out with? I prefer the idea of being a mage or ranged hero instead of being melee.
Also, what site is the best for hero guides?
Thanks


Lich, Lion, Vengeful Spirit, Viper, Venomancer, Crystal Maiden are all ranged and fairly easy to use/learn, except for Venomancer's Gale and Lich's Chain Frost.

I have a problem with my network now so I can't check, but there's this site Tobi recommended to learn heroes with video guide, I think it's DotaCinema?
ffxiv enjoyer
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 14:43:22
April 20 2012 14:42 GMT
#2378
On April 20 2012 23:41 DoNotDisturb wrote:
As Brood, what can you do on the hardlane if you've been shut down rather hard - sentries in lane, they have aoe to clear spiderlings quick like Anchor Smash? So far I've been sending spiderlings to jungle to slowly get that BKB, but what else can I do?


I think brood hard lane is terrible. Basically all you can do is wait until they rape your tower and hope your team is able to pull their attention away so you can get some space to catch up. Otherwise don't run brood on hard lane. Do like the Chinese and run her on safe lane with a support in jungle.
iloveroo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada294 Posts
April 20 2012 14:44 GMT
#2379
If OP can change if dota 2 will be free.

Dota 2 will be Free to Play but with a twist.

source:http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/20/2961883/dota-2-will-be-free-to-play-with-a-twist
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
April 20 2012 14:44 GMT
#2380
On April 20 2012 23:38 xsksc wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in..
I just got a beta invite and I've never played dota 1 before (I've played some LoL, I have a basic idea how to last hit etc, but no knowledge whatsoever about dota), so I was wondering what would be some good easy heroes to start out with? I prefer the idea of being a mage or ranged hero instead of being melee.
Also, what site is the best for hero guides?
Thanks


playdota.com
Look for guides with >8 rating if possible.

Start with support heroes like Lich.
Logic fails because we are lazy.
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 660
ProTech153
Nina 72
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28049
Calm 2574
Mini 162
firebathero 104
Dewaltoss 101
soO 60
NaDa 28
Bale 25
HiyA 25
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7609
XaKoH 374
monkeys_forever103
canceldota33
League of Legends
Doublelift1673
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1554
fl0m1407
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu784
Other Games
FrodaN1980
Beastyqt613
B2W.Neo402
mouzStarbuck370
Livibee190
ToD161
KnowMe145
C9.Mang0144
Trikslyr123
UpATreeSC121
RotterdaM98
Mew2King47
shahzam24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur755
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 16m
Replay Cast
3h 1m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.