• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8329 users

HC: Region Firsts -Looking for More People - Page 5

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
FeiLing
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany428 Posts
April 26 2012 10:36 GMT
#81
On April 26 2012 18:03 brobrah wrote:
48 hours is a good number for me, I think my personal record is 30, 48 would be an interesting challenge.


People have tested before how long a human can stay awake and they all fell asleep when coming close to 40 hours - and of course they turned pretty much useless at anything they did way before that. Just saying.
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 10:40:20
April 26 2012 10:38 GMT
#82
If you're sure you can stay awake for 60 hours and you've done it before, then go solo it because you don't want to die because someone else in group thought he can do the same and then died by pulling bunch of mobs because his head fell on keyboard. you'll all die that way.
+you probably know this already but if you're in group sync up everything, from router resets to everything else, coz you don't want to die stupidly because someone fell asleep/god DCed/whatever


anyways good luck
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
April 26 2012 10:51 GMT
#83
Did a 39 hours session a while back...with a shitload of sugar and caffeine but I would'nt attempt it again. Definitly not good for the heart to load up on both of these. Pretty sure I experienced cardiac arrythmia/chest pains at some point. You can also black out and fall asleep for a few min without even noticing it, not to mention hallucinations.

Its much safer to do 18-19hours and sleep 5-6hours, you're still gonna be a wreck by the end of the week though. Helps to stay in focus if you have some weed on hand, just enough mind you.

If you were hardcore you would attempt to beat the game in HC solo, not with teammates, just saying
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
April 26 2012 10:55 GMT
#84
Sounds like a fun idea, and I wish you the best of luck, but I think there's no chance you'll get to Inferno first run through on HC.

That said, I'd love to see you succeed! :D
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Reasonable
Profile Joined September 2010
Ukraine1432 Posts
April 26 2012 10:59 GMT
#85
so when people start dying off....


How ironic, yet it isn't funny. You do realize there is a risk of serious health injury and possibly death with your 96 hour marathon? You, hardcore marathoners, get on news quite often these days with your relatives crying and some doctor saying what idiots you are, not in front of the mother, obviously. I really don't think you should do stuff like that w/o knowing your body's physical limitations and needs, satisfaction of which you take for granted following your daily routine.

Don't encourage people to such things. GL staying alive if you continue on with your wicked ways...
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
April 26 2012 11:07 GMT
#86
i did 61 straight when d2 first came out.. would not recommend for HC though, cuz there were definitely patches where my concentration was slipping. By the 60 mark my eyes were unfocusing and I kept having trouble bringing them back to the monitor, so I had to concede and go to bed
Translator
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 11:32:00
April 26 2012 11:30 GMT
#87
On April 26 2012 19:59 Reasonable wrote:
Show nested quote +
so when people start dying off....


How ironic, yet it isn't funny. You do realize there is a risk of serious health injury and possibly death with your 96 hour marathon? You, hardcore marathoners, get on news quite often these days with your relatives crying and some doctor saying what idiots you are, not in front of the mother, obviously. I really don't think you should do stuff like that w/o knowing your body's physical limitations and needs, satisfaction of which you take for granted following your daily routine.

Don't encourage people to such things. GL staying alive if you continue on with your wicked ways...


I'd agree if he was doing 96 hours straight, but he said 24-48 at max before (presumably) 12 hours off then 12 on until the end after that bit which can be done fine if you prepare your sleeping ahead of time and ensure you have planned food/drink breaks (which will usually be prepared in advance for speed) and what not.

96 hours would be absolute stupidity though, definately.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
April 26 2012 12:16 GMT
#88
96 hours is completely do able for a healthy person, the issue is the people you see in the media that fail at this were rather unhealthy to start with then make it worse by loading up on energy drinks or soda causing their bodies to shut down. I've practice marathons like this before in other games including poker/d2/wow/bw(worst results of the group). As long as you are in decent physical shape, get good sleep before hand, take short breaks during loading screens to get up for 30sec-1min to move around stretch and eat right and not shit like energy drinks and hotpockets you'll do fine.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
KiLL_ORdeR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1518 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 12:23:58
April 26 2012 12:23 GMT
#89
On April 26 2012 19:36 FeiLing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 18:03 brobrah wrote:
48 hours is a good number for me, I think my personal record is 30, 48 would be an interesting challenge.


People have tested before how long a human can stay awake and they all fell asleep when coming close to 40 hours - and of course they turned pretty much useless at anything they did way before that. Just saying.


The world record for the longest time a person has gone without sleep is 11 days, and the previous record was 8.5, but way to pull some random numbers out of your ass.
In order to move forward, we must rid ourselves of that which holds us back. Check out my stream and give me tips! twitch.tv/intotheskyy
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 12:39:47
April 26 2012 12:39 GMT
#90
--- Nuked ---
Kaesebrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany128 Posts
April 26 2012 12:41 GMT
#91
NO ONE CARES who is at maxlevel fist!
m00nchile
Profile Joined July 2010
Slovenia240 Posts
April 26 2012 12:55 GMT
#92
People, sleep deprivation is not dangerous, that's not the reason people die in cyber cafes. The danger is also rarely a preexisting health problem, the killer is dehydration, that's why loading up on energy drinks and sugar is dangerous. If these guys plan out their food and drink intake, the only real danger is hitting your head on your desk when you pass out after trying to stay awake for way to long.
The above post was made by a noob. Take it as such.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 13:20:31
April 26 2012 13:20 GMT
#93
On April 26 2012 21:41 Kaesebrot wrote:
NO ONE CARES who is at maxlevel fist!

Lots of people do, that why people bother making groups like this and why gaming news sites always post the story of the first to do things and interview them because people like to know these things. Just because you're angry that you'll never have the dedication to every be first on anything in life doesn't mean you should blindly hate on people attempting it for their own entertainment.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Noizhende
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria328 Posts
April 26 2012 13:27 GMT
#94
For everyone who is interested in it, here's the wikipedia article about:

Randy Gardner, who "holds the scientifically documented record for the longest period a human being has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind. In 1964—as a 17-year-old high school student in San Diego, California—Gardner stayed awake for 264 hours (eleven days), breaking the previous record of 260 hours held by Tom Rounds of Honolulu."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_(record_holder)

hf!
Die neuen Tempel haben schon Risse - künftige Ruinen - einst wächst Gras auch über diese Stadt - über ihre letzte Schicht
Kerans
Profile Joined November 2011
Italy58 Posts
April 26 2012 13:32 GMT
#95
If I may, just a quick suggestion to everybody whose sleep cycle is going to get demolished during the first days of D3 - and please bear in mind that this is personal experience: in no way am I suggesting that this is what IS going to happen, just that it did happen to me, and that subsequent talks with various medical practitioners (neurologists, mainly) confirmed as being a statistically real possibility. Consider it a word of warning, nothing more.

In 2001, at age 19, I volounteered for a pretty big LAN event in my (then) hometown - roughly 1k PCs over 3 days, which for the time was pretty big in Italy. That meant doing everything from hauling technical equipment off the back of a van to laying an untold amount of Ethernet cables all over this stadium, but the brunt of the work, for me and some of the boys, was checking the PCs of everyone who showed up at the door before hooking them up to the infrastructure. That meant standing behind a desk with a monitor and endlessly plugging case after case after case, turning them on until boot ended, turning them off and waving people in.
At the time - being 19, in excellent health and having had no problem whatsoever with computers since I was 3 years old and in front of a Vic20 - I thought nothing could go wrong, even with 18-19 hours of work (and a hell of a lot of fun, of course) for a few days. After all, 5 hours of sleep for 3 days is surely doable, right?
Wrong.
At the beginning of day 2, as I was checking PCs as usual, one moment I was staring at a monitor, and the next thing I know, I'm laying down and staring at a white ceiling, nauseous as hell and bone-tired. I'm in a bed - a hospital bed - with my relatives around me and my head feels like somebody took a sledgehammer to it.
Long story short, overworking my eyes with artificial lights for 18 hours a day and very few hours of sleep had made me cross a physical threshold of sort, and further examination led doctors to the conclusion that I had pushed my brain and body over a limit I didn't know I had. Something had to give, and I had an epileptic seizure, screaming my head off and falling backwards, head first, into a metal crush barrier. Not a pretty sight, and thank goodness I had a male nurse friend standing right next to me who knew what to do. I cut my hair too short, it looks like somebody tried to kill me.

Fast-forward to almost eleven years and a broken nose later - courtesy of another episode - I am now on daily medication, which has side effects which I have to be careful of, and of course I really have to watch the amount of time I can play every day, not to mentionall the hoops I have to jump through every time I have to renew my driving license. And I can't really say that I fully learned the lesson yet, since when SC2 came out I pulled a 4am session and of course had another attack, which had me falling from my chair and breaking my glasses in two very jagged pieces, both very close to my eyes, during a full-on seizure. Count me lucky, I guess.

What I'm getting at is this: I know very well how much you want it to be open servers hour on May 15th, I can hardly wait myself. But please, everybody, be careful. Ask yourself if it is really, really, really worth it. I don't want to sound like a jinxer or whatever, but some lessons have a habit of being very tough to learn, unless you keep your head on your shoulders. Choices always have consequences. For me, being a stupid kid who didn't know any better eleven years ago has led me to something which is definitely not life-shattering, but which I could've done without, and that might have never showed up otherwise. Please think about it, for your own sake, and have fun.
"Walk softly, and carry a big stick"
Tarotis
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Germany1931 Posts
April 26 2012 13:33 GMT
#96
On April 26 2012 13:03 GDR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 12:55 1Eris1 wrote:
I couldn't even manage 10 hours straight when WoTLK came out...you're crazy, but good luck


I managed 34~ ish with Cataclysm, but you people are definetly crazy thinking 72 hours.

I managed to get 3 server first within 15 hours Cooking, Fishing and server first lvl 85 hunter, its not that hard tbh...
kevint
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark42 Posts
April 26 2012 13:35 GMT
#97
you should get some1 who can stream it cuz i would definately watch that :D
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
April 26 2012 13:43 GMT
#98
On April 26 2012 14:34 Arch00 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 14:32 zachMEISTER wrote:
On April 26 2012 14:27 demonik187 wrote:
On April 26 2012 14:20 m3rciless wrote:
On April 26 2012 14:17 DerekJCEX wrote:
On April 26 2012 13:59 Blasterion wrote:
On April 26 2012 13:57 Battleaxe wrote:
On April 26 2012 13:55 KillerSOS wrote:
Are you guys doing Hardcore? Or a "hardcore" rush to 60?

I'm down for the second, as I played Cata about 40 hours straight when it came out... but I don't really want to make a hardcore character.


Believe that refers to difficulty: Normal->Hardcore->Inferno

Normal
Nightmare
Hell
Inferno

Hardcore means Perma death


it goes:

Normal
Nightmare
Hell
Inferno
HC Normal
HC Nightmare
HC Hell
HC Inferno

sleep deprivation will be the cause of many deaths i'm sure. my poker abilities tend to go downhill after hour number 30 -_-




wait really, you have to clear inferno to play HC?


No you do not have to complete the game to start a hardcore character. I'm not sure why this was posted. They are completely different game modes. Hardcore is not a difficulty level. Although it is difficult, it is a seperate game mode with a seperate ladder and everything. People who play the normal ladder cannot play games with people on the hardcore ladder.


But one cannot simply log in with a new account and no heroes and play hardcore. One must beat the game a time or two before that "game mode" is available.


Stop spitting misinformation, you just need to get level 10 on a normal character to access hardcore, have you not played the beta? The same rules will apply in retail, per blizzard.


I did play the beta, and I "beat the beta" only then was Hardcore mode unlocked for me. I didn't realize it was based on a level cap instead of difficulty setting.
psillypsybic!
Kenpark
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany2350 Posts
April 26 2012 13:47 GMT
#99
Sounds like mad fun starting with hc. Cant imagine the thrill you get when you first step into hell or inferno. I think my favourite gaming experience to this point is still leveling my undergeared, underleveled tweaker sorc in act4/hell classic. God that was intense.
People who never played hardcore wont undestand how scared you are at times. Its a whole different experience. I still remember me and my friend as bowie and sorc going through durance/hell and these little puppets swarming at you at lightning fast speed and you just pray you have enough hp, if they explode right next to you.
I dont think i have it still in me, to take such a challenge tbh.
Mad props to anyone just trying this.
I hope you keep us updated!
FeiLing
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany428 Posts
April 26 2012 14:15 GMT
#100
On April 26 2012 21:23 KiLL_ORdeR wrote:
The world record for the longest time a person has gone without sleep is 11 days, and the previous record was 8.5, but way to pull some random numbers out of your ass.


Well, first of all - these persons might be special. And they were monitored by specialists. Then they most likely did nothing at all or even spent the majority of time in some kind of meditation/half-awake state. They weren't highly concentrated the whole time. Moreover I want to specify my statement to ~40 hours without falling into any kind of sleep including microsleep. You don't wanna have microsleeps when playing DIII HC as that will without a doubt end the run rather early.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 201
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1902
GuemChi 1393
NotJumperer 123
910 76
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
taco 493
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Other Games
summit1g8000
Coldzera 705
JimRising 603
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft273
WinterStarcraft273
Maynarde106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1022
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo900
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 17m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.