• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:32
CEST 07:32
KST 14:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8610 users

HC: Region Firsts -Looking for More People - Page 6

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
April 26 2012 14:18 GMT
#101
In before your characters die at 70 hours.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Pure-SC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1440 Posts
April 26 2012 14:26 GMT
#102
Wow, sounds like an interesting challenge! I wish you the best of luck

I wish I could take some time off work, as I'd love to do my own version of this, but I think I'd aim to play for 18hours a day, and then get at least 6 hours of sleep. Can you imagine the dreams though? That could be some intense Diablo based nightmares there

"Every time I visit community sites, I'm just embarrassed. There's so much witch hunting and name calling and arguing and gossip. Misogynist comments against women. It's just embarrassing." – Tasteless
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
April 26 2012 15:20 GMT
#103
Thanks for the well wishes everyone haha

We posted this over on the Battle.net forums at the beginning of the month and the response from those assholes was completely opposite to the Team Liquid community. I'm glad we posted here

To reiterate though, most of the group will only be playing up to 48 hours straight and then 12 hour days after that.

I will be streaming it
www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
DarkPhenomenon
Profile Joined April 2012
20 Posts
April 26 2012 15:28 GMT
#104
Aye, and also to re-iterate, I've done 72 hour long runs on Diablo 2 HC during the ladder resets without bouts of unconsciousness or lack of sanity. As others have said it's about the person and how they take care of themselves. I'm a relatively healthy person and I didn't load up on sugar or energy drinks, I stuck with water and foods like veggies, cheese/crackers, yogurts, sandwiches etc. and it had zero impact to my health. If I die during my 72-96 hour run it's not going to be from tiredness
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
April 26 2012 15:33 GMT
#105
Sounds like fun, but I will take my time and enjoy it. Good luck.
Brood War forever!
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
April 26 2012 15:41 GMT
#106
As people here have mentioned, 1 slip-up in HC just negates all the effort you just put in. It's very likely to occur when you're 20-30 hours into the game, you'll just nod off without even realizing it. Share an account with other people, so each person can put in shorter shifts (8 or 12 hours, depending on the number of people rotating) and get sufficient sleep. Even if you do manage to succeed in getting a level 60 character by the first 48 hours, the first character to complete inferno would probably be somebody else, who shared an account to play 24/7.
=Þ
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
April 26 2012 15:43 GMT
#107
On the note of account sharing, how sad would you be if someone else got your hc character killed? I don't think I could bare that!
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 26 2012 15:50 GMT
#108
This is a sick idea but I don't think Inferno will be so straight forward to just rush to and do server firsts. I'm guessing to actually deal with Hell/Inferno you will need to start gearing out pretty heavily before you are able to compete in them. Best of luck though and I hope you guys achieve some server firsts in Nightmare and Hell =)
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
April 26 2012 15:52 GMT
#109
I'd just like for everyone who thinks this is stupid to just shut up. No one cares if you think this is stupid. If it makes him happy, let him do whatever he wants. If you can't help, gtfo.

imho biggest thing about this is to set up your goals. If your goal is to be 1st to lvl 60, then go do marathon style, it will probably be the best, but if your goal is to beat inferno 1st that might take alot more time than just 1-2 sessions so you might get seriously fucked up after that 1 really long game session. In that case it might be better to practice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep these 2 weeks and then have a week of playing in this rythm. It might be slower to lvl 60, but probably better for inferno
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
April 26 2012 15:59 GMT
#110
On April 27 2012 00:50 zJayy962 wrote:
This is a sick idea but I don't think Inferno will be so straight forward to just rush to and do server firsts. I'm guessing to actually deal with Hell/Inferno you will need to start gearing out pretty heavily before you are able to compete in them. Best of luck though and I hope you guys achieve some server firsts in Nightmare and Hell =)


We don't plan on actually killing things in Inferno, just getting to it. I think you'll need to spend a few days gearing up in Hell difficulty before you tackle mobs with 4 affixes ; ;
www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
April 26 2012 16:01 GMT
#111
On April 27 2012 00:59 Arch00 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 00:50 zJayy962 wrote:
This is a sick idea but I don't think Inferno will be so straight forward to just rush to and do server firsts. I'm guessing to actually deal with Hell/Inferno you will need to start gearing out pretty heavily before you are able to compete in them. Best of luck though and I hope you guys achieve some server firsts in Nightmare and Hell =)


We don't plan on actually killing things in Inferno, just getting to it. I think you'll need to spend a few days gearing up in Hell difficulty before you tackle mobs with 4 affixes ; ;


But all the glory and e-peen lies in being the first to clear Inferno!... however long that takes. I also forgot to ask: have you tried something similar? What is the longest time you've spent awake AND conscious?
=Þ
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 26 2012 16:02 GMT
#112
On April 27 2012 00:59 Arch00 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 00:50 zJayy962 wrote:
This is a sick idea but I don't think Inferno will be so straight forward to just rush to and do server firsts. I'm guessing to actually deal with Hell/Inferno you will need to start gearing out pretty heavily before you are able to compete in them. Best of luck though and I hope you guys achieve some server firsts in Nightmare and Hell =)


We don't plan on actually killing things in Inferno, just getting to it. I think you'll need to spend a few days gearing up in Hell difficulty before you tackle mobs with 4 affixes ; ;


Yeah I guess that's what I expected. Hope you guys accomplish what you set out to do.
kethers
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States719 Posts
April 26 2012 16:06 GMT
#113
As hardcore as this sounds, please watch your health so you don't die. I'm not joking.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
April 26 2012 16:11 GMT
#114
Poll: Will they succeed?

I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely (24)
 
50%

They will fail (14)
 
29%

They will succeed (4)
 
8%

I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed (2)
 
4%

I don't care for this challenge (2)
 
4%

I am a part of this challenge (2)
 
4%

48 total votes

Your vote: Will they succeed?

(Vote): They will succeed
(Vote): They will fail
(Vote): I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely
(Vote): I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed
(Vote): I don't care for this challenge
(Vote): I am a part of this challenge

[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
April 26 2012 16:12 GMT
#115
The last thing blizzard needs is another nerd dying the moment the game is released lol. I don't want anymore negative associations with video games.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 26 2012 16:21 GMT
#116
On April 27 2012 01:11 Blasterion wrote:
Poll: Will they succeed?

I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely (24)
 
50%

They will fail (14)
 
29%

They will succeed (4)
 
8%

I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed (2)
 
4%

I don't care for this challenge (2)
 
4%

I am a part of this challenge (2)
 
4%

48 total votes

Your vote: Will they succeed?

(Vote): They will succeed
(Vote): They will fail
(Vote): I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely
(Vote): I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed
(Vote): I don't care for this challenge
(Vote): I am a part of this challenge



Wheres the option "Most of them will fail but a few will succeed." I'm pretty sure the more they play the more careless they will get and therefore the more people will start dying off. If they begin with the ideal number of 8, I say 2 or 3 will make it out. Hopefully if the do die they die early so they can catch up to the others.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
April 26 2012 16:25 GMT
#117
On April 27 2012 01:21 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 01:11 Blasterion wrote:
Poll: Will they succeed?

I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely (24)
 
50%

They will fail (14)
 
29%

They will succeed (4)
 
8%

I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed (2)
 
4%

I don't care for this challenge (2)
 
4%

I am a part of this challenge (2)
 
4%

48 total votes

Your vote: Will they succeed?

(Vote): They will succeed
(Vote): They will fail
(Vote): I'd like they to succeed but I think it's highly unlikely
(Vote): I want them to fail but it's likely they will succeed
(Vote): I don't care for this challenge
(Vote): I am a part of this challenge



Wheres the option "Most of them will fail but a few will succeed." I'm pretty sure the more they play the more careless they will get and therefore the more people will start dying off. If they begin with the ideal number of 8, I say 2 or 3 will make it out. Hopefully if the do die they die early so they can catch up to the others.

Even if one of them succeeds it'll be a success.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
April 26 2012 16:40 GMT
#118
Players will definitely die, a realistic goal would be for 1 or 2 of us to survive through hell.

D3 HC is going to be infinitely harder compared to D2 based on no more Alt+F4ing and no more instant Town portal escapes. Then combine that with some of the new affixes like, Jailer, Nightmarish (fears your character, can't control it) and many others. I think we'll have to slow down our pace towards the end of nightmare and whatnot to make sure we have the necessary gear to survive the last push through hell difficulty.

The trick I think to staying up longer than 24 hours is drinking lots of healthy water, and eating healthy foods. Most people envision someone slamming red bull's and eating doritos during a gaming marathon. I plan on eating mostly healthy stuff, probably mixed nuts etc.

www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 26 2012 17:11 GMT
#119
Where's the option: "I want them to fail, and they will" :D
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
April 26 2012 17:16 GMT
#120
On April 27 2012 02:11 eluv wrote:
Where's the option: "I want them to fail, and they will" :D

It's the They will fail option.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1275
910 109
Hyun 78
NotJumperer 67
Bale 36
Noble 13
Snow 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto79
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King268
Other Games
summit1g7210
Coldzera 724
JimRising 627
WinterStarcraft414
C9.Mang0282
NeuroSwarm144
PiGStarcraft133
ViBE14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick658
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2186
League of Legends
• Lourlo1081
• Rush1059
• Stunt334
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 28m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.