• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8329 users

HC: Region Firsts -Looking for More People - Page 4

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
April 26 2012 07:47 GMT
#61
On April 26 2012 16:01 Medzo wrote:
I did something similar when LoD came out. My clanmate got the first 99 HC character. I recommend you get 4-6 hours of sleep every 20 hours or so. By about 40 hours you wont be doing any good staying up longer and if you wait till that point you probably wont wake up without sleeping for 10-12 hours.



I agree with you mostly, ive personally never stayed up more than 24 hrs straight, so doing 48 is just kind of a challenge for myself. I think Matt is nuts for doing 4 days straight personally :p
www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
April 26 2012 07:47 GMT
#62
On April 26 2012 13:03 GDR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 12:55 1Eris1 wrote:
I couldn't even manage 10 hours straight when WoTLK came out...you're crazy, but good luck


I managed 34~ ish with Cataclysm, but you people are definetly crazy thinking 72 hours.



For what would you need 34 hours straight with Cataclysm ? I mean it took less than 12 hours to level up from 80 to 85 ^^
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 26 2012 07:50 GMT
#63
Can't believe you would do this in HC with no sleep, sounds pretty suicidal to me, but good luck to you anyway
Shazeen
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany32 Posts
April 26 2012 08:09 GMT
#64
Oh man i have to work the fucking whole week so i could play just 5-6 hours a day. That really sucks
Plz do a post every 5 or 10 levels with a nice screen so we could follow your progress.

Good luck and may the force be with you!
"Shut up Cat!" - vilePsY <3
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
April 26 2012 08:34 GMT
#65
With TP having cast time and being interruptable by damage(?) and no "Save & Exit" cowardice outside towns without a countdown... all I can say is good luck with later difficulties when tiredness starts to hit :D respect for taking the challenge.

I think more people will turn to HC in D3 than D2 since you have so many character slots and there isn't really a reason to level another same class for softcore. It'll be pretty interesting.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
April 26 2012 08:39 GMT
#66
Oh man that's so stupid and never gonna work well.

Nevertheless, good luck and please don't die (in real life that is)!
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Phats
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia534 Posts
April 26 2012 08:49 GMT
#67
That is a really long time to play straight. I remember trying to do something like this when Wrath of the Lich King launched and i was going delerious just in day 2. I kept thinking I like knew the zone and quests that I was doing even tho I had never played the beta to it lol. I did get server first gnome/first alliance mage though

I would watch it if only I wasn't playing myself. I don't think youd get many views lol we will all be playing as much as we can ourselves. I still don't know if I want to go HC first after getting to level 10. I mean it kinda does ruin it by playing until inferno on softcore before doing HC doesn't it. Its an experience you would never get back hmmmm.

D2 HC was so fun!!!!!!! had a few 99's back in the day and a high level pvp trapsin!
Dyllyn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Singapore670 Posts
April 26 2012 08:50 GMT
#68
i just know someone out there is gonna hc rush, get about 40 hours in and then accidentally die to trash or something
scv rush ftw
Fym
Profile Joined October 2009
United Kingdom189 Posts
April 26 2012 08:51 GMT
#69
gl with this, hardcore can be unforgiving.
If you wanna be a good chef, you dont make fish n chips.
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
April 26 2012 08:56 GMT
#70
On April 26 2012 13:03 ezk wrote:
You're not gonna get world/server first unless you share your account information. Just saying...

I doubt that the world first HC will be a shared account, mostly because it will kill your character when you hand it over to someone else who isn't used to the game.
brobrah
Profile Joined April 2011
220 Posts
April 26 2012 09:03 GMT
#71
48 hours is a good number for me, I think my personal record is 30, 48 would be an interesting challenge. The one thing I hope is that I don't die on normal. A death on nightmare act 3 or 4 I could stomach maybe, a death on normal or early nightmare would crush me.
I want to be the next Chris Loranger for SC3
DerekJCEX
Profile Joined June 2009
United States64 Posts
April 26 2012 09:03 GMT
#72
On April 26 2012 16:35 skyR wrote:
There's still an AH -.- no one said anything about the RMAH.


he used the word purchased which led me to believe he was talking about RMAH
demonik187
Profile Joined August 2010
United States575 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 09:10:07
April 26 2012 09:09 GMT
#73
as far as I know you still use the word "purchase" for transactions using in game currency, i.e. gold.
We march to victory!
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
April 26 2012 09:12 GMT
#74
heh, I think ill be enjoying the game and reading all the quests, rather than rushing to 60 with my first char...
DerekJCEX
Profile Joined June 2009
United States64 Posts
April 26 2012 09:15 GMT
#75
when i hear the word purchase the cash monies immediately pops into my mind :D
DerekJCEX
Profile Joined June 2009
United States64 Posts
April 26 2012 09:19 GMT
#76
On April 26 2012 17:49 Phats wrote:
I still don't know if I want to go HC first after getting to level 10. I mean it kinda does ruin it by playing until inferno on softcore before doing HC doesn't it. Its an experience you would never get back hmmmm.



imagine how awesome it would be to finally "beat the game" on HC instead of SC on your first play through, even if it's just normal mode.
Noizhende
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria328 Posts
April 26 2012 09:48 GMT
#77
2 years ago a friend and i challenged ourselves to stay up for 72 hours, but that wasn't gaming related, although i ended up playing ut while listening to prodigy for hours to stay awake. it's really not that easy(48 hours doesn't even compare, and i think 96 hours is just not doable at a first attempt ^_^).
I don't think your chars will stay alive for so long, just because you will be getting delirious, you'll lose your focus, and suddenly you'll see "you have died" without knowing how it happened because you slept in for a second and couldn't do anything against that. So, when you start to feel really tired and slow, you should probably go to sleep for a few hours, if you don't want to lose you char.

still good luck, i hope you can do it! (staying awake for a long time is great fun, you'll see^^)
Die neuen Tempel haben schon Risse - künftige Ruinen - einst wächst Gras auch über diese Stadt - über ihre letzte Schicht
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 26 2012 10:01 GMT
#78
My experience is that after 24 hours you're just tired, but by 36 you really start having trouble doing much of anything, and by 48 you're completely useless, but good luck nonetheless!
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 10:06:08
April 26 2012 10:03 GMT
#79
rofl 76 huors?


Have you ever been awake 76 hours?
I once did it as part of a psychology study. I ended up falling asleep despite amphetamines and it killed my mind fo about a week. I wont be doing it again, proper sleep patterns are really important and besides after 24 hours you really wont enjoy it.


A 76 hour marathon should come with proper health warnings. Sure you can do it, but your stupid as fuck.
If you are going to do that, at least get sponsored and donate to charity at least then you are doign something positive for allt he (minor) harm you are doing to yourself.
demonik187
Profile Joined August 2010
United States575 Posts
April 26 2012 10:31 GMT
#80
On April 26 2012 19:03 MrTortoise wrote:
your stupid as fuck.


I lol'd..

Great constructive criticism there.
We march to victory!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 201
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1902
GuemChi 1393
NotJumperer 123
910 76
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
taco 493
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Other Games
summit1g8000
Coldzera 705
JimRising 603
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft273
WinterStarcraft273
Maynarde106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1022
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo900
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 17m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.