• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9044 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 862

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 860 861 862 863 864 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
October 25 2014 21:12 GMT
#17221
for me it felt like too much love story, no enough blood and wtf was that primal zerg shit
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 21:13 GMT
#17222
On October 26 2014 06:12 Topin wrote:
for me it felt like too much love story, no enough blood and wtf was that primal zerg shit


Ha ha ha kinda what I was thinking while playing the campaign in a nutshell
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:13 GMT
#17223
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.
kiss kiss fall in love
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 21:14 GMT
#17224
On October 26 2014 06:09 [PkF] Wire wrote:
As far as gameplay is concerned WoL campaign was wonderful. The upgrades on units give each try a different feeling and the missions are varied and interesting. I genuinely loved it through and through. I'm not an expert of SCII lore so I won't talk about the story too much. All I can say is I found HotS story really cheesy though

Yeah, I see why they wanted to try the "control a hero" route the whole time but it just didn't follow WoL well. I think RTS campaigns should be more similar to the way multi-player works. Also, I really liked that WoL had a few protoss missions thrown in. Could have been cool to have some terran or protoss missions thrown into hots...
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 21:14:58
October 25 2014 21:14 GMT
#17225
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.


Ha ha ha ! If I read well into the interview, it sounds more like "reach tech + max army into 1-A" challenge though
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:14 GMT
#17226
On October 26 2014 06:13 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:12 Topin wrote:
for me it felt like too much love story, no enough blood and wtf was that primal zerg shit


Ha ha ha kinda what I was thinking while playing the campaign in a nutshell

I have actually more or less just blocked that part of the campaign out. It felt really shallow and kinda weird. It would've been nicer to see them fight a little differently, or be the equivalent of Terran mercenaries.
kiss kiss fall in love
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:15 GMT
#17227
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:16 GMT
#17228
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.
kiss kiss fall in love
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:16 GMT
#17229
On October 26 2014 06:14 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:09 [PkF] Wire wrote:
As far as gameplay is concerned WoL campaign was wonderful. The upgrades on units give each try a different feeling and the missions are varied and interesting. I genuinely loved it through and through. I'm not an expert of SCII lore so I won't talk about the story too much. All I can say is I found HotS story really cheesy though

Yeah, I see why they wanted to try the "control a hero" route the whole time but it just didn't follow WoL well. I think RTS campaigns should be more similar to the way multi-player works. Also, I really liked that WoL had a few protoss missions thrown in. Could have been cool to have some terran or protoss missions thrown into hots...

they needed those protoss missions because they knew there were people like me who would burn down Blizz HQ if there wasnt any follow up to the BW secret mission after 12 YEARS of waiting....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:20 GMT
#17230
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:23 GMT
#17231
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:02 [PkF] Wire wrote:
WoL campaign, though not as great as SC1 and BW one, was really enjoyable. I still play it once and again, it's well done, fun, reasonably challenging and the storyline is interesting. I didn't like HotS campaign very much though, I hope LotV gives us some great single player experience.

They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.
kiss kiss fall in love
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 21:24 GMT
#17232
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:03 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
They apparently wanted to delay LotV's release by a bit just to give it an extra bit of a Protoss feel.


Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:26 GMT
#17233
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 21:28 GMT
#17234
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

2nd WoL protoss mission was sort of eh, I think
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:28 GMT
#17235
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Source ?

I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

i dont thnk zeratul needs to redeem himself for killing Razagal..after alll it was kill her, or let her become KErrigans lieutenant or something...when I say weak I mean he got almost no time in wings (you didnt even have to do the mssions) and Kerrigan just beat the shit out of him and he just acted like a less badass version of medivh from Reign of Chaos....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:32 GMT
#17236
On October 26 2014 06:28 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

i dont thnk zeratul needs to redeem himself for killing Razagal..after alll it was kill her, or let her become KErrigans lieutenant or something...when I say weak I mean he got almost no time in wings (you didnt even have to do the mssions) and Kerrigan just beat the shit out of him and he just acted like a less badass version of medivh from Reign of Chaos....

I don't know if the entire Protoss civilization knows that. Besides, he probably feels ashamed for what he did. I don't mind that his missions were optional, actually. It meant that you COULD get sweet things, but it wasn't entirely mandatory, since it would've just detracted from Raynor's journey. It felt like you should have done the Protoss missions just to get a glimpse of the greater story.
kiss kiss fall in love
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:33 GMT
#17237
On October 26 2014 06:28 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

2nd WoL protoss mission was sort of eh, I think

Was that the one where you kill the librarian/archivers? I thought that was fine. Not the most fun or interactive, but certainly not even my least favourite WOL mission to date.
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 21:34 GMT
#17238
Seems we switched to LotV campaign hype
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:35 GMT
#17239
On October 26 2014 06:34 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Seems we switched to LotV campaign hype

I don't mind the campaign hype; StarCraft's story was a big part of my personal hype for SC2.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 21:37 GMT
#17240
On October 26 2014 06:33 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:28 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

2nd WoL protoss mission was sort of eh, I think

Was that the one where you kill the librarian/archivers? I thought that was fine. Not the most fun or interactive, but certainly not even my least favourite WOL mission to date.

Yeah that was the one. I just didn't like how the hybrid kept whispering vague threats while taking the same two paths over and over... And all you really could do was build a 1/2 base army and attack through one choke
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 860 861 862 863 864 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 462
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31575
Bisu 3030
Shuttle 1792
Hyuk 1101
Mini 569
EffOrt 541
Larva 395
Soma 341
ZerO 249
firebathero 237
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 114
Sexy 61
Hyun 47
Mong 44
Trap 40
Killer 34
Pusan 34
ToSsGirL 29
PianO 29
Bale 28
Aegong 25
Hm[arnc] 20
sorry 19
zelot 18
Terrorterran 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8847
qojqva1787
Dendi952
Counter-Strike
fl0m2801
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1356
crisheroes1038
Liquid`Hasu590
Lowko479
Other Games
singsing2108
B2W.Neo1096
Beastyqt540
Mlord244
Hui .222
Livibee203
Liquid`VortiX144
KnowMe116
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King91
elazer83
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 59
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile116
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9213
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Jankos2011
Other Games
• Shiphtur183
Upcoming Events
FEL
38m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 38m
INu's Battles
20h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.