• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9474 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 863

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 861 862 863 864 865 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 21:43:37
October 25 2014 21:37 GMT
#17241
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
I'll look for it. I remember it was Morihaime talking about it.


http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

Z1: so much fun for a 1a mission
Z4: reallly fun reallly looooonng map
Z6: nooooo my bases!
Z8: soooo loonng
WoL:
the first level: meh, 1a OP
the second level: meh a, 1a OP
The ghost/spectre map: MICRO!
Train map: fuck new unit, tanku OP
Odin map: fuck this level...
Media Blitz: THORS!!!! ODIN!!!!
SEcret Mission: kinda misplaced honestly....

HotS:
Primal mission 1: MUTALISKS
Primal mssion 2: SWARM HOSTS
Primal mission 3: WTF IS THIS GAME?!


Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:39 GMT
#17242
All of those were really fun.
kiss kiss fall in love
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:42 GMT
#17243
On October 26 2014 06:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
All of those were really fun.

i didnt like the 2nd prophecy mission (hybrid/preservers)
but other than that yea, these were all pretty solid missions
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 21:42 GMT
#17244
The zerg vs. split T/Z were also really, really fun and interesting as well. I really loved playing through them.
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 21:44 GMT
#17245
I loved the mission in the prison in WoL. Having your ally building up waves of armies while you use Tosh's abilities to finally break the defensive setup was really fun.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:45 GMT
#17246
On October 26 2014 06:42 IntoTheheart wrote:
The zerg vs. split T/Z were also really, really fun and interesting as well. I really loved playing through them.

the UED + MC'd Zerg in BW? hell ya super long, and super challenging for me as a kid, but ya immensely epic, i loved the fourth mission, where you had to wipe the map and it was OVERFLOODED with enemies...hydras + ultras were so much fun on that map :D
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:45 GMT
#17247
On October 26 2014 06:44 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I loved the mission in the prison in WoL. Having your ally building up waves of armies while you use Tosh's abilities to finally break the defensive setup was really fun.

yup that and the nova version were pretty fun
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 21:47:37
October 25 2014 21:46 GMT
#17248
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/129477-StarCraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Campaign-Needs-More-Work-Blizzard-Says

I found it. Never mind, it looks like I didn't interpret it well. Basically, the tl;dr is that the story is more or less finished, but they're working on campaign mechanics to make it feel Protoss.


Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:47 GMT
#17249
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 21:48 GMT
#17250
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q

I watched the first four games this afternoon. Sick
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 21:51:33
October 25 2014 21:48 GMT
#17251
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:11 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Thanks ! Quite an interesting viewpoint on the Protoss race.

I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger
EDIT: on the P7 super epic game of nostalgia, you can just rush your dts straight to their nexi, snipe them and insta win, the 8th mission was hella hard though...fucking dragoon aggro....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:49 GMT
#17252
On October 26 2014 06:48 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q

I watched the first four games this afternoon. Sick

same!
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 21:49 GMT
#17253
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 21:51 GMT
#17254
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:13 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
I will say that while the stories haven't been the best of any vieo game I've ever played, it does feel like Blizzard can make the gameplay of the campaigns pretty fun. The Terran one felt like a desperate struggle, and the Zerg one felt like you were invincible after you gathered enough momentum. The Protoss one will probably have a "4gate very single map" challenge.

toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:53 GMT
#17255
On October 26 2014 06:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
[quote]
toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though

where you had to use DTs to kill the psudo overmind? god that was terrible

now im super nostalgic and i want to go back and play both SC1 AND BW but i lost my copies of both
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 21:54 GMT
#17256
On October 26 2014 06:53 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:51 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though

where you had to use DTs to kill the psudo overmind? god that was terrible

now im super nostalgic and i want to go back and play both SC1 AND BW but i lost my copies of both

Yeah I should reinstall at some point, but it's difficult to do nowadays
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 21:57 GMT
#17257
On October 26 2014 06:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
[quote]
toss will almost certainly be a 300esque feel, i think Morhaime even said something like that in an interview...
though i really liked the original idea for the campaign (political game where you try to unite as many protoss clans as possible to have enough forces to defeat Amon)

I'm actually very much okay with a 300esque Protoss game, because if my reading into the Protoss lore is accurate, they're a fading light in the darkness, kinda like the Elves in the Lord of the Rings. They're here for now, but will soon disappear unless they really get their shit together. I wonder if you're gonna have a persistent unit count which decreases with time (you only get 1k Zealots for the campaign, so don't fuck up!) type of thing.

i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though

the last mission of Z was super hard as well Omega was what it was called i believe where Mengsk, DuGall, AND Artanis had armies on a space plat above char, you have almost no units, no heroes, and you have to kill all of these enemies. For me it was cracklings vs Mengsk, then hydras vs Artanis, then POWR OF SWARM vs DuGall
but the secret mission made it all so worth it :D i had to power overwhelming that mission anyways so the first time i went through i found the secret mission was super confused and SUPER excited by how badass it was. I remember MCing scvs and then cheating myself money so i could beat it with BCs soo much fun
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 21:59 GMT
#17258
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:00 GMT
#17259
I love the fact that we have transitioned into campaign talk, this is my childhood right here :D

and for the record, i pretty much ONLY did Wings campaign until i beat it on brutal and got all campaign achievements, proving its doable even if you bronzie and suck at terran
and i played it a bunch even after that
in fact i went back and did campaign of Wings a couple of months ago...some fun missions, some hella boring ones (all the fucking colonists missions, fuck that waste of time...and the revolution missions were pretty boring too i must say...)
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 22:02:35
October 25 2014 22:01 GMT
#17260
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)


Mvp vs Squirtle still has a lot of sentimental value to me because it was the first finals I watched live, but if I had seen jjakji - Leenock I'd probably rate it the best GSL finals ever no question.
Prev 1 861 862 863 864 865 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O165
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft317
Nina 110
ViBE76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14437
ZZZero.O 165
firebathero 104
Hyuk 73
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm133
febbydoto75
League of Legends
Doublelift4134
Counter-Strike
Fnx 956
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5913
Other Games
summit1g7864
FrodaN2259
JimRising 335
mouzStarbuck318
ToD266
KnowMe241
ArmadaUGS134
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1188
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• musti20045 29
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie580
• Shiphtur204
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 18m
INu's Battles
13h 18m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 18m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.