• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8437 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 864

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 862 863 864 865 866 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:02 GMT
#17261
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 22:04 GMT
#17262
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)

Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 22:05:13
October 25 2014 22:04 GMT
#17263
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 25 2014 22:05 GMT
#17264
On October 26 2014 07:01 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)


Mvp vs Squirtle still has a lot of sentimental value to me because it was the first finals I watched live, but if I had seen jjakji - Leenock I'd probably rate it the best GSL finals ever no question.

in terms of level of play for its time, almost certainly jjakji leenock at the top
I'd rate mvp squirtle higher because it pretty much defies that in the best way possible
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:07 GMT
#17265
On October 26 2014 06:54 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:53 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:51 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:20 Cricketer12 wrote:
[quote]
i imagine there willl be at least one or two mssions like this where its a mircofest for glory...and i def feel like at the end of each mission despite victory, it will feel like you barely made it out alive and though you won the battles you are losing the war.... we will see how they go about it but i am very excited, especially since it looks like they bringing back yellow toss from BW as the "theme color for the game, despite having green this whole time". so much nostalgia, but i wonder how they will balance out the respected rogue hero of Zeratul, who has been a real let down in SC2 in my opinion and the somehow selfless Kerrigan....if she is the key, why need zeratul and toss campaign? idk

Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though

where you had to use DTs to kill the psudo overmind? god that was terrible

now im super nostalgic and i want to go back and play both SC1 AND BW but i lost my copies of both

Yeah I should reinstall at some point, but it's difficult to do nowadays

well, maybe in 6 years they will make SC1 free like they did with lost vikings...(because how else are you gonna find brood war nowadays...)
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:08 GMT
#17266
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 22:08 GMT
#17267
On October 26 2014 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 06:54 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:53 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:51 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:48 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:46 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:37 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:26 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:24 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:23 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
Well, I feel like the reason he's been a letdown is because of the fact that he hasn't really shown up very often. He's kinda just been in the shadow, biding his time and waiting for the right moment to do the right thing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some sort of "corruption" among the Protoss that Zeratul needs to cleanse, and that's why he's been running along. Hopefully he'll try to redeem himself for killing his matriarch.

There's always something like that so that you can get your mirror match played a few times :D

Campaign mirror matches are really cool though. I don't think that I've explicitely disliked mirror matches in SC2, or even SC1 so far. They've just been a thrillride from beginning to end.

if i remember all the mirror matches from all starcraft

SC1:
T4: the installation match, pretty much a 1a game, but had some charm
T5: Raynor meets Kerrigan and they stealthed their way to take a base, was fun
T7: that awesome TvT with Duke
T8: that awesome TvT with Sarah
T10: that insanely long TvT with Raynor

Z7: Muta Guardian Hydra OP

P7: Tassadar Zeratul AND Fenix?! NOSTALGIA OP
P8: Raynor + Protoss?! NOSTALGIA OP

BW
P7: RIP Aldaris

T1: Pretty tricky for a level 1
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: The first choice map you had
T5: EPIC!!!!! :D

My thoughts on it when I was 10 or 16 finally finishing it up were:
SC1:
T4: catered pretty well to my noob self. I liked it
T5: "Wait, I can just make mass marines and dropships. Siiiiick"
T7: 10yo: "This mission is impossible! There is no cow level" 16yo: "D-MATRIX TANK PUSH BITCHES"
T8: Take top left base, mass army, nuke key spots win ez pz
T10: 10yo: "...I'm just going to move to the Zerg campaign" 16yo: "This mission is still hard so I should budget a few hours to finish it"

Z7: "MASS HYDRALISK!!!"

P7: "How the hell are you supposed to do this mission?"
P8: see P7, still haven't done it...

BW
P7: "MIND CONTROL IS ALL I NEED"

T1: "I just won this in like 45 minutes with 2 tanks, 2 SCVs and turrets. Wait, there's a back door???"
T2: CATTLEBRUISER OPERATIONAL BITCHES
T4: I hate nukes
T5: best mission ever

Also

Z1: pretty decent

And there's another Z mission we both forgot
Edit: you edited them in

holy shit you and i had the EXACT same mindset though i was younger

Lol, I never did Sc1 P8 or the end of BW Z, found them too hard at the time...
That Zerg one on char against the Terran/Zerg was soooo hard though

where you had to use DTs to kill the psudo overmind? god that was terrible

now im super nostalgic and i want to go back and play both SC1 AND BW but i lost my copies of both

Yeah I should reinstall at some point, but it's difficult to do nowadays

well, maybe in 6 years they will make SC1 free like they did with lost vikings...(because how else are you gonna find brood war nowadays...)

I purchased sc+bw for like 5 bucks some years ago and registered it on my b.net so I'll always just be able to redownload it from blizzard...
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-25 22:10:40
October 25 2014 22:09 GMT
#17268
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)
open season 3 was MC vs rain (that was my first GSL season)
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 22:10 GMT
#17269
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 25 2014 22:10 GMT
#17270
Seed vs MC was horrible, one-sided and boring, but Life vs Mvp was actually pretty decent !
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 25 2014 22:11 GMT
#17271
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

correct, it was 2010
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
October 25 2014 22:11 GMT
#17272
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 22:12 GMT
#17273
On October 26 2014 07:11 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch

Before my time
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 25 2014 22:13 GMT
#17274
I've never seen any StarCraft in person. ^_^
kiss kiss fall in love
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:13 GMT
#17275
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)
open season 3 was MC vs rain (that was my first GSL season)

oh THOSE open seasons. Yes 3 was MC v RAin Fruitdealer and Nestea took the first 2 Mvp took the fourth i think (San's worst tournament) and MC again in 5 (one of San's best tournaments)
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
October 25 2014 22:13 GMT
#17276
On October 26 2014 07:12 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:11 Topin wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch

Before my time

dont be humble
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 22:14 GMT
#17277
On October 26 2014 07:13 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:47 Cricketer12 wrote:
i believe that someone said something about calm before the storm btw this was a pretty fun game in an insanely good finals, very few of those in GSL but this was easily one of the best if not the best, at least in games, if not in story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO33lq0sL9Q


You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)
open season 3 was MC vs rain (that was my first GSL season)

oh THOSE open seasons. Yes 3 was MC v RAin Fruitdealer and Nestea took the first 2 Mvp took the fourth i think (San's worst tournament) and MC again in 5 (one of San's best tournaments)

Fruitdealer won season one not Nestea
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 25 2014 22:15 GMT
#17278
On October 26 2014 07:12 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:11 Topin wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

You know what, I didn't watch korean starcraft at the time and missed it. I repeatedly saw that it was the best finals of all time and kinda dismissed it, because I thought it was just nostalgia talking and the games must be quite uninteresting by modern standards.

After reading jjakji's article, I watched game 4.

Then I watched game 1.

Then I watched the series.

I did not regret any second of it !!!

Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch

Before my time


Jinro was a fantastic TL Terran who made semis of GSL TWICE no one else has made it to semis even once, HuK and NaNiwa were close though...

Idra was EG zerg from BW (terran at the time though) was really good..and then he became shit, and BM'd his way to retirement

Artosis was the father of the artosis pylon, wrecked in WCG 2005, but tried his luck in SC2 only to reallize he was a better caster than player...

Torch I dont remember....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 22:15 GMT
#17279
On October 26 2014 07:13 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:12 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:11 Topin wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
[quote]
Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch

Before my time

dont be humble

Not kidding.. I didn't even know there was a pro scene until several months AFTER I registered in 2011
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 25 2014 22:16 GMT
#17280
On October 26 2014 07:15 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 07:12 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:11 Topin wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:10 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:09 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:08 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:04 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 07:02 Cricketer12 wrote:
On October 26 2014 06:59 y0su wrote:
[quote]
Oh yeah!! This was the first (or second) GSL finals that I saw and I was hooked!!!

(and of course, I'm "stuck" watching now too)

the first full GSL i really paid close attention to was Mvp beating Squirtle....though i went back and found out about all the shit in GSL that happened prior (MC Nestea and Mvp killing everyone, HuK doing well, jjakji v leenock, polt v mma, MKP v Mvp Nestea v Foxer etc)


Actually now that it's mentioned I do think I saw Mvp vs Squirtle (that was open season 3 right?) I still think I liked jjakji leenock because of the TvZ


Nah, Mvp vs Squirtle is 2012 season 2.

correct is was
DRG v Genius
Mvp v Squirtle
Seed v MC
Life v Mvp
....sniper v hyun....

sorry, I was talking about the "open" seasons (2011?)

Weren't the open seasons 2010?

jinro, artosis, idra, torch

Before my time


Jinro was a fantastic TL Terran who made semis of GSL TWICE no one else has made it to semis even once, HuK and NaNiwa were close though...

Idra was EG zerg from BW (terran at the time though) was really good..and then he became shit, and BM'd his way to retirement

Artosis was the father of the artosis pylon, wrecked in WCG 2005, but tried his luck in SC2 only to reallize he was a better caster than player...

Torch I dont remember....

Oh I know about them, I'm just saying I didn't back when they were super relevant
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 862 863 864 865 866 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O129
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 138
PiGStarcraft27
Nina 9
ViBE8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14577
Dewaltoss 136
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 97
Hyuk 85
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm77
febbydoto54
League of Legends
Doublelift3313
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5825
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m804
mouzStarbuck369
KnowMe273
ToD233
ArmadaUGS156
JimRising 143
Mew2King45
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1161
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 53
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 4m
INu's Battles
14h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 4m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.